BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 78

-snip-

Yawn.

Reiterating - "Not debating your "break sets" but go ahead and show me a simulator outside of 777 that introduces "tear here" 2D perforation decals as consistently as this title."

Diatribe, pal. Doesn't further validate anything - especially a matter of opinion.

Edited by FalkeEins

What is it with some of these clod guys who feel a need to come here only to slag this game?  It has never occurred to me that I should go to their site and point out that they have literally brought the phrase "polishing a turd" to life.  In fact, I think it would be very rude of me should I do so.  But here they are making the same claims over and over being rude and obnoxious to no end.

Edited by SYN_Mike77
  • Upvote 1

Hi Chris455,

Thanks for the help on the prop-pitch issue, it's much appreciated!

I am able to map the "pitch-change" function to a rotary switch (the "trim 3" rotary on the G940 joystick - confirmed by the game's input-response indicators), but am not able to successfully map a keystroke or controls-switch/button to the "toggle" action between manual and auto prop-pitch control. The RPM-gauge and pitch-indicator "clock" both confirm that the pitch remains in auto-mode in spite of all my efforts (109G-2 and Fw190).

Its not that important, really, as the taxying is much improved with the latest update - I just wanted to see what effect prop-pitch had on directional control.

"Rigby"

OK Rigby,

There is a small toggle switch visible in the Focke-Wulf cockpit immediately to the keft of the mag lever. That is the switch that will move up or down when you hit right shift /P. One position is manual pitch and the other is automatic. You have to move that switch to manual before the pitch clockface hands will rotate- hope this helps.

One thing I have noticed, not sure if it is unique to the update or is a pre-existing condition- if I belly-land with my engine running, the prop will properly bend back around the cowl, but the engine will keep running and the prop will keep rotating..........indefinitely. Also, someone else posted that you can now hear rounds hitting your aircraft. That just plain aint so from my end  :huh:

Edited by chris455

One off-topic discussion was moved in a specitic thread.

Please stay on-topin in this thread from now on.

Just realzied that the instantaneous change of Horizontal Stab position when mapped to a rotary axis, no longer happens.

And you can hear the 109 supercharger revvign down after yo ushut down the engine :3

Edited by E69_Pupo

OK Rigby,

There is a small toggle switch visible in the Focke-Wulf cockpit immediately to the keft of the mag lever. That is the switch that will move up or down when you hit right shift /P. One position is manual pitch and the other is automatic. You have to move that switch to manual before the pitch clockface hands will rotate- hope this helps.

Hi Chris455,

Again, thanks for the help - I had completely overlooked the "hand/auto" toggle-switch on the left console as a monitor to mode-selection. I seem to have a "bug" in my system, though, as I cannot get it to toggle. Neither RSht+P nor any other mapped key or combination of keys (I tried a few) will activate the toggle. I'm guessing that the problem will resolve itself with a reloading of BoS onto my system. As it is a fairly minor issue (being lazy, I prefer to leave the hard work to the "Kommandogeraet"), I'll wait for the next required reloading of the game.

Thanks again,

"Rigby"

To the update:

- The AI do Kamikaze attacks if they run out of ammo.

- If the AI engine is damaged the engine still work and never stops, but the player engine with the same damage, yes and faster than the AI one

The Performance looks to be a little better?

No change in performance here. I use fraps to benchmark a record track and the "min-avg-max" fps are the same than previous patch.

No change in performance here. I use fraps to benchmark a record track and the "min-avg-max" fps are the same than previous patch.

Becouse FRAPS does not steal some of your FPS :)

Fraps can steal max 1 fps... no real difference using fraps or not.

Edited by Satchenko

Something are off with this "crash landing" effect, no? :huh:

14jt06a.jpg
2mdncqd.jpg

Sokol1

• Upvote 2

Please give us back "old" hud info box - or at least leave a information about thottle percentage 

OK Rigby,

Hi Chris455,

I finally realised where I have been going wrong - my Realism Setting is on "Normal". If I select "Expert", or select "Custom" and untick the "Engine Auto Control" box, I am able to toggle the auto/manual switch and directly control prop-pitch. Your assistance pointed me in the right direction, however. Thanks again,

"Rigby"

Guys whan i want to record my flight - no control (red dot) indicated - so i dont know, if the rocording is going or not  :(

Please give us back "old" hud info box - or at least leave a information about thottle percentage 

I totally agree the old hud was good enough....

• Upvote 1

I totally agree the old hud was good enough....

The option to position it wherever would be great, and it would mirror RoF's handling of that system.

I don't use HUD, so it doesn't offend me, but I want everyone to share in the joy.

Hi Chris455,

I finally realised where I have been going wrong - my Realism Setting is on "Normal". If I select "Expert", or select "Custom" and untick the "Engine Auto Control" box, I am able to toggle the auto/manual switch and directly control prop-pitch. Your assistance pointed me in the right direction, however. Thanks again,

"Rigby"

Glad you got it sorted-

Guys whan i want to record my flight - no control (red dot) indicated - so i dont know, if the rocording is going or not  :(

This seems to be a temporary glitch which should be fixed soon (there is a separate thread on the issue). You can check if you are recording during a flight by pressing the  ]  (right bracket key). if the game does NOT speed up, then it is recording.

• Upvote 2

No, no box or hud on expert server! :salute:

yes...no box or hud in expert mode

• Upvote 1

IL-2 has a huge wing area..I'm sure that has an effect.

Awesome sounds like some solid updates!

Certainly a lot less wing area than this plane. ;):salute:

12:00 GMT... 10 minutes left! :)

1 hour and 3 minutes

• Upvote 1

Sorry gents, it'll be 12:45. Updated the announcement.

I am at work.I hope there will be video uploaded later on utube.

could we have a word if there will be a patch today Zak?

Maybe even a hint whats will be included? Or will this be part of the Livestream?

Only russian, tchat is not working for me, I understand stricly nothing! But, there are images, which is nice

Usually theres an english chat thereafter.