BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 78

Hello dear pilots!

Autumn came and it means that we have reached the final part of the development. In today's update will be fixed some bugs and will be added a few new elements, they are not big and will not have a special effect on the gameplay.

Today we'll give the latest beta version to a certain group of players. It will turn into release candidate after passing of process of debugging and thereafter it will already turn into release. The campaign has a lot of bugs as any soft built on random generation, it's extremely difficult to check out all the options. We'll focus on this process all our efforts now.

The exact release date of the project will depend on how the debugging process will go. We'll announce it as soon as we can. At some point, release candidate will be public and you will see it too, but it will happen only after major errors will be corrected.

Many thanks to all who helps us to create training videos and texts, many thanks to all who helped us in the first week after a release of the project in Steam. Flight simulator game called niche, it so and probably someone says so finding it's a shortcoming. But on the other hand this is the great strength of the genre. When the players are no longer gamers and become pilots, creating a unique community.

Full news

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 3

Hmm,I don't get it at all.I mean what is the message of todays DD :huh:

Thanks for all the hard work, you guys are incredible!

Seems like a pretty large download for just some small bug fixes and few elements added.

Guess we will have to wait for reports from the users on what they are seeing.

Today we'll give the latest beta version to a certain group of players.

Who are those in that certain group? Obviously I am not.So now I will get access only to final release?Nothing inbetween? Can I take holiday till end of september to take care of other things?Can I go for a beer now?

So it's beta time for the testers? Great! :clapping:

Congratulations on hitting an important milestone, even if it'll take some time before most of us will see any of it. :salute:

There's plenty to play right now. I don't know why it always has to be something new to enjoy it as is. At some point there will be nothing new for months on end, will you stop playing then until a new plane pack or map is released?

• Upvote 1

Downloading 391.96MB... second update today :yahoo:

I didn't think it was that difficult to decipher.

I'm sure he meant what the actual few new elements are..

Right on we are on the 'Home Stretch' now (American Baseball term). I sure can't wait to start the campaign and making missions of my very own.

There's plenty to play right now. I don't know why it always has to be something new to enjoy it as is. At some point there will be nothing new for months on end, will you stop playing then until a new plane pack or map is released?

Not so much for the SP contingent. Lot of the recent updates have been focused more on multiplayer.

Yes I have been having some fun of late in the QMB, but that starts to get somewhat repetitive after a while.

As far as nothing new for months, well at that point it is released and hopefully the single player campaign along with some user created stuff will keep us SP guys busy.

• Upvote 3

Here's to a good finale of this initial offering. I'm downloading it now. Is it at 100%? I'll see. I know there are other elements still being worked on for BoS, so it's all good with me.

Flyby out

Strange. :huh:

I'm away from home till wednesday, completely unable to play, so I was absolutely sure we'd get something big today. :biggrin:

I'm happy to be part of this proyect. I still remember the firsta time we were able to download it. Only 1 plane with no guns, and after less than a year, the game, i correct myself, the simulator is almost in beta.

As a software developper (almost software ingenier) I congrat you guys. You did a huge job and I know, still lot to do.

As a pilot, it's a great simulator.

Off course some things might need to be fixed but in overall, just simple, thank you for all 777.

Rulo

• Upvote 4

changelog:

- Tracers look way better (vacuum trails behind bullet)

- Explosions look way more realistic 

- Ground crew is running around the airfields

-

-

....still to come :)

• Upvote 2

There has been a closed test with a select group of testers for months already. Were you not aware? They even have their own funky bronze bars on the forum here.

Nothing in the diary said anything about no new versions for us to try each week.

Can you imagine what it must be like trying to find something new to write each week, especially when the new build brings nothing especially noticeable?

I appreciate your effort but you dont have to do that.For me,what is written by Loft,is not clear and clearly understandable.Thats all.Certain group of people doesnt always read as testers.Why he did not write it directly?

Awesome, keep the good work :salute:

Shame on u 316_Stef, so vulgar words...

Edited by Alibaba

Looking forward for tomorrow evening to test the new Version! :)

As always, thanks, dear Developers, for Your ongoing hard work and dedication!

Much appreciated! :salute:

I think having the Beta as a closed test make perfect sense. Not that anyone asked my opinion on it. As far as there not being anything new lately, I'd have to disagree. The last month has brought a significant amount of change. Maybe we are still at 70% completion but BoS seems much more polished that it did just a few weeks ago.

Not so much for the SP contingent. Lot of the recent updates have been focused more on multiplayer.

Yes I have been having some fun of late in the QMB, but that starts to get somewhat repetitive after a while.

As far as nothing new for months, well at that point it is released and hopefully the single player campaign along with some user created stuff will keep us SP guys busy.

Yeah, but do you want to play SP while the game is still being modified and changed so you have to constantly restart the campaign or the missions, not just campaign but any SP mission, constantly crash?

The MP part is at least 100% never the same, so you can keep playing even with bugs and CTDs, and etc. If you can't make it through a single mission because it's EA and still in development, the forums will be rife with complaints that they can't even get a mission or two into the campaign or that the campaign sucks because, again, it's EA and not close to done.

They aren't rolling out the campaign system, and a lot of SP, for that very reason. It mitigates the complaints, and it allows it to be refined and fixed by a smaller group of testers so that we, the customers/non-testers, get a far more enjoyable experience out of it.

There is very good reasons to withhold SP content until the title is officially released, or atleast just a week prior, and the above are only a few reasons.

Edited by FuriousMeow

Did this update build to all cockpits a heart inside?  The whole cockpit shake now with the cockpit texture together. :wacko:

Right on we are on the 'Home Stretch' now (American Baseball term). I sure can't wait to start the campaign and making missions of my very own.

Have you really got time to play BoS Spectre?

Edited by pilotpierre

If any extra help is needed in the beta test, I'd very much like to volunteer. SP campaigns are my particular area of interest.

If any extra help is needed in the beta test, I'd very much like to volunteer. SP campaigns are my particular area of interest.

I would also like to express my desire and passion to help in this endeavor.

If there is any need for another helping hand from an experienced flightsimmer with decent hardware setup and peripherals, I´ll be there in no time delivering feedback and bug-tracking!. :salute:

I believe we have a geat community here, the more testing the Beta, the better. :)

Good luck Feathered_IV and Blooddawn 1042 with your request. :salute:

I'd think it is more of a horse racing term. Splitting hairs maybe, but it really isn't a baseball term other than the  baseball season is in it's last month.

• Upvote 1

On final approach to a greaser landing, this simulator is.

Well.......personally....I have a ton of stuff to perfect with what has already been released.  Not the least of which....is making some movies, maybe perfecting my key mapping.....and perhaps....learning how to do a bombing run with that new HE-111.  I haven't flown at night in a long time...I might give that a go as well.  Thanks guys for the update....best of luck on tweaking the single player mission side of this sim.  

• Upvote 1

Eager to see what the small changes are! :)

EDIT:

Found one of the small changes: the loadout options for the G2.

You can no longer choose armoured wind screen, and the two options are glass head rest and remove head rest.

Edited by JG508-brutalbombs