Sign in to follow this  
BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 73

Update is out

Awesome!  Thanks devs for getting this done for us.  Now time to enjoy it!

New version is available.

That really is today`s best answer! ;)

Please share some images!!!   :o:

52j49ydk.jpgul5xgad3.jpg

Edited by Hunin
  • Upvote 2

Fw190 feels like home :) you developers nailed the feeling when its in flight! :)
job well done! in my 20+ yrs of flying this is the best one :)

This 190 handles like an elephant on roller-skates on the ground. Sorry this plane needs I bit more work.

• Upvote 1

ul5xgad3.jpg

Thanks Hunin.

Will be a while until I can try it. This is very welcome. :)

This 190 handles like an elephant on roller-skates on the ground. Sorry this plane needs I bit more work.

Certainly very tricky on the ground, but my first landing in it was probably my best in BoS yet!

Zipping through IL-2 formations in this is such fun. Feels very fast and powerful. And it murders IL-2s.

For those who think "I can't taxi this thing!" - the tailwheel locks on pulling the stick.

Astounding realism in the details devs!

To all IL-2 veterans: she doesn't feel like she is related to the older incarnations we have flown in the past.

PS

You're very welcome Jaws!

Too bad that you of all people can't get a first look just yet  :ph34r:

Edited by Hunin
  • Upvote 1

Nope, not the plane.

Sorry, but I have to agree with Silverback here. Even with the locked tailwheel and minimal thrust and speed the torque effect to the left is way overdone. Even full right rudder can't counter that sufficiently ... I have to hit the right wheelbrake (very carefully) to even stay on the runway. This does indeed need work.

• Upvote 2

Sorry, but I have to agree with Silverback here. Even with the locked tailwheel and minimal thrust and speed the torque effect to the left is way overdone. Even full right rudder can't counter that sufficiently ... I have to hit the right wheelbrake (very carefully) to even stay on the runway. This does indeed need work.

Advance the throttle slowly.

PS

You're very welcome Jaws!

Too bad that you of all people can't get a first look just yet  :ph34r:

I'll be chewing my nails until next weekend. :P

It's probably karma...you know, all those allied planes I chopped to confetti in FW-190 all those years. Lol.

This is a given, FM. I'm already talking about trying to taxi out of a revetment. I don't even want to think about a right-hand turn during taxiing.

The Bar is there??? Again?? Really?? :dash::cray:

It is and isn't.

The revi is mounted comfortably high and in my prefered seating position the only thing blocking visibility is the cowling itself.

Odd.

Once lined up and throttled up the rudder seems to have sufficient grip to keep her steady for me.

Perfect, three-pointed flyoffs on my first 5 patterns.

Landing is unbelievably straightforward.

Not for me, Hunin. But I also have the problem that trying to invert any axis in the settings has no effect. Maybe something's shot to hell with my installation.

EDIT: Have you tried starting from the parking position? That's the main issue for me BTW.

Edited by csThor

This is a given, FM. I'm already talking about trying to taxi out of a revetment. I don't even want to think about a right-hand turn during taxiing.

For some reason I can't start from the reventment. However, I found that on takeoff - advancing to 50% throttle with both wheel brakes on and holding back is the best way to get a straightline takeoff.

A single brief burst from the 190 brings down the IL-2 every single time. None of that chasing that Messers sometimes have to do.

Game CTDed after about 5 minutes play. I've had crashes before, but this is the earliest. Just wondering if others have had one yet. I was playing a quick mission--in the 190 of course ;)

Max Video Settings (without blur)

Will reboot to release all RAM and try again.

XPower II @ 4G

32G RAM

GTX 780 6G

850W Antec Gold

Win 7

Locked up this time after a few minutes after fresh PC reboot. Hmmm.

Edited by buster_dee

Not for me, Hunin. But I also have the problem that trying to invert any axis in the settings has no effect. Maybe something's shot to hell with my installation.

EDIT: Have you tried starting from the parking position? That's the main issue for me BTW.

That sounds like the bug that was introduced a couple of versions back.

I don't remember wether a reinstall or a revert to default settings ingame fixed it for me.

I have, yes.

You have to be very carefull with that BMW and full rudder is needed ( plus brakes for right-hands ).

It loves to break out like the other planes ( combination of ice and proper torque physics I guess )  but I have no real issues with it until now - a proper toe-brake axis is a must though.

I guess using a Track IR should fix the issue..

Well it doesn't completely. Moving your head 3/4 downard makes the bar invisible but you lose your crosshair on half the way, so you are forced to view it. Also the side bars on the front window look extremely overdimensioned (like 10cm thick) which can't be solved by moving your head. If you'd like a more specific description it feels like a slightly taller Stuka cockit currently.

Edited by [Jg26]5tuk4

The Bar is there??? Again?? Really?? :dash::cray:

I swear, if this becomes an issue - anyone who complains about it should have their account deleted and the funds retained.

Delete the "bar' (the cockpit bracing that holds in the damn glass) and what do you have? The nose of the 190. Cockpit glass retention piece or not, you won't see a damn thing.

post-9266-0-92930800-1406319784_thumb.jpgpost-9266-0-63134100-1406319791_thumb.jpgpost-9266-0-31042300-1406319798_thumb.jpgpost-9266-0-58302800-1406319805_thumb.jpg

Edited by FuriousMeow
  • Upvote 2

Anyone knows / figured out a.t.a and rpm limits yet? Going full throttle I destroy the engine after few minutes.

At least the glide langings are very smooth. 

Glad it's not just me Thor....

A single brief burst from the 190 brings down the IL-2 every single time. None of that chasing that Messers sometimes have to do.

Well your lucky i single hit from a pe2 gunner either blew my plane or  my wingman , or they cut my wing all the time ,,,

Edited by Gutermann

Delete the "bar' (the cockpit bracing that holds in the damn glass) and what do you have? The nose of the 190. Cockpit glass retention piece or not, you won't see a damn thing.

Can't agree. Especially the side mounted front braces look far too thick limiting the sideward visebility too much and on most pictures I've seen from the 190 the lower brace is way mor angked downward to not interferr with pilots FoV.

I've dealt with this issue in War Thunder very intensively ressearching about those cockpits for weeks and put some nice comparisons up there, BoS might need this comunity effort as well (unfortunately).

• Upvote 1

I swear, if this becomes an issue - anyone who complains about it should have their account deleted and the funds retained.

The bar was not visible on the 190 due to light refraction, the pilot was afforded a clean view right down the top of the cowl.

Can't agree. Especially the side mounted front braces look far too thick limiting the sideward visebility too much and on most pictures I've seen from the 190 the lower brace is way mor angked downward to not interferr with pilots FoV.

I've dealt with this issue in War Thunder very intensively ressearching about those cockpits for weeks and put some nice comparisons up there, BoS might need this comunity effort as well (unfortunately).

The bar was not visible on the 190 due to light refraction, the pilot was afforded a clean view right down the top of the cowl.

Just gave screenshots, they show the 190s nose immediately in front of the glass retaining structure.

Not buying the light refraction nonsense that was conveniently invented during the intense "bar" debates that surrounded the old Il-2 series.

I can even see the glass retaining structure in this picture that is from a POV lower than where the pilot sits. Yay "light refraction" idiocy!

post-9266-0-22056600-1406321036_thumb.jpg

Edited by FuriousMeow
  • Upvote 1