Sign in to follow this  
BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 73

Yea third pictutre looks the most realistic for me.  I wonder how they could made such crap cocpit forward frames.  From first look it looks that something is not correct.

DCS Fw 190 D-9 for comparision

post-1014-0-40123600-1406453781_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kwiatek
  • Upvote 1

i have questions about video:

- people are running.

- the pilot's legs are seen

- it looks much smoke from the city.

all this, will be seen in the release version ?.

Regards,

Héctor

No, we've no such plans currently.

Too bad. That's what make this trailer outstanding for me - the soldiers running across the airfield and getting into cover.

BlackSix, you need to be more careful, Loft said that infantry will be in the game! http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/1714-obsuzhdenie-73-j-chasti-dnevnikov-razrabotchika/?p=182674

Edited by 89-

WRT the "I" vs. "J" issue, it's just a matter of which font they used. The "J" is a valid "I".

Edited by JtD

that long time a bit confuse me in 3d model of fw 190 a-3, it's strange "grills" after engine on sides, although a-3 of Faber and first soviet a-4 has a bit different "grills". so, it's mistake (maybe, WIP) or feature?

PS here a bit better view, and here all good collection of captured birds... :good:;)

I'm not convinced that Loft does say that.

It would be great if it were true. I'd like to see a decent translation.

Loft does say there will be people on the airbase.

WRT the "I" vs. "J" issue, it's just a matter of which font they used. The "J" is a valid "I".

Yes, that could indeed be a capital I in the German of the time.

Yea it can be that they used a different font for the "I" as single straight lines are diffcult to recognize on the first sight.

It might be the german "Schreibschrift" font style which looks like this:

vereinfachte.jpg

VAS-I-gr-000015950.jpg

I doesn't completely translate in J but it's the closest matching letter of our normal alphabet.

Edited by [Jg26]5tuk4
  • Upvote 1

When all of this Bar problem ends we should be already in the Pacific expansion or with the Jets  :lol:

• Upvote 1

It all makes me wish they'd chosen another aircraft. the Devs must be sick of it - they sell us a new plane and have to listen to all this nonsense.

• Upvote 1

I'm not convinced that Loft does say that.

It would be great if it were true. I'd like to see a decent translation.

Yes, we're working on infantry on the airfileds and in villages.

• Upvote 11

Nice :)

Big thanks, very good update again (BoS looks and feel everytime better and better).

It all makes me wish they'd chosen another aircraft. the Devs must be sick of it - they sell us a new plane and have to listen to all this nonsense.

With all due respect to you Ian, for some this is not nonsense.  You reap what you sow I'm afraid and the devs chose to model an aircraf that is not even part of the BoS.  It was done to appease the voting majority rather than to reflect historical accuracy.  So if the devs didn't want any backlash for getting it wrong, they should have got it right.  The Fw190 is one of the most famous and poplular aicraft in WWII aviation fan circles.  I would go so far as to say that only the Spitfire, Mustang and 109 would be more iconic.  So getting such a famous aircraft wrong is not going to go unnoticed and without backlash.

The Fw190 is my favourite aircraft, yet I felt it was out of place in the current iteration of BoS and as such did not want it modelled. Having said that, it's here and it has flaws with the cockpit modelling.  So I (and clearly lots of others) would like it fixed.

Edited by ICDP
  • Upvote 3

With all due respect to you Ian, for some this is not nonsense.  You reap what you sow I'm afraid and the devs chose to model an aircraf that is not even part of the BoS.  It was done to appease the voting majority rather than to reflect historical accuracy.  So if the devs didn't want any backlash for getting it wrong, they should have got it right.  The Fw190 is one of the most famous and poplular aicraft in WWII aviation fan circles.  I would go so far as to say that only the Spitfire, Mustang and 109 would be more iconic.  So getting such a famous aircraft wrong is not going to go unnoticed and without backlash.

The Fw190 is my favourite aircraft, yet I felt it was out of place in the current iteration of BoS and as such did not want it modelled. Having said that, it's here and it has flaws with the cockpit modelling.  So I (and clearly lots of others) would like it fixed.

+1.absolutely agree. Popular plane, sold as Premium content = better deliver premium quality.

• Upvote 1

This is great news  :biggrin:

Thanks Zak,

Great news.

+1.absolutely agree. Popular plane, sold as Premium content = better deliver premium quality.

The game has not been finished yet, it is still in Beta. A major reason for the early access program is so they can let people test the features and give them feedback. The backlash (which isn't really that big, but still) is unneeded.

Wow... I have been very scarce around here due to some personal issues.. but it just kills me that some of the same brohuhah I was hearing over a decade ago on another board is still raging here. My biggest beef with this update is that I had to redo my controls.

Wow... I have been very scarce around here =due to some personal issues.. but it just kills me that some of the same brohuhah I was hearing over a decade ago on onother board is still raging here.

Well, i think first of all, the devs should have learned something from all that.

Wow... I have been very scarce around here =due to some personal issues.. but it just kills me that some of the same brohuhah I was hearing over a decade ago on onother board is still raging here. My biggest beef with this update is that I had to redo my controls.

Give it a few years and we'll have the P47 roll rate round 2 and 0.50 dispersion round 3 and the obligatory 50 cals killing tiger tanks by bouncing rounds off the road into its belly posts. Mark my words, these things will happen.

Yea it can be that they used a different font for the "I" as single straight lines are diffcult to recognize on the first sight.

alphabet.jpg

German DIN 1451 font

Even from the 1930′s, DIN 1451 had been used on all German military objects – on its planes and tanks, even bomb shelters –

but the DIN institute carefully kept itself out of political affairs.

Perhaps because of this, DIN 1451 never appeared in Nazi propaganda and never was connected to the Nazi Party.

Instead, Futura was usually used for this unfortunate chore.

The "culprit" was always found. So straighten the like "J" I... before the issue became a "bar". :lol:

Sokol1

Well, i think first of all, the devs should have learned something from all that.

First and foremost, start the series in the PTO not the Eastern Front. If you want to fly an axis mount , so many options . 

What is lost in  " bar/refractory nonsense... the Fw-190... really this is the wunder craft these folks have been foaming at the mouth about ?

mR1MsmQ.jpg

I added default revi position and some texts.

Hmmm, that's very interesting.

First and foremost, start the series in the PTO not the Eastern Front. If you want to fly an axis mount , so many options . 

What is lost in  " bar/refractory nonsense... the Fw-190... really this is the wunder craft these folks have been foaming at the mouth about ?

Well, it's not about how great the aircraft is, it's about price.

It's one of the most expensive game out there, so people(especially who payed for premium edition) tends to have high expectations.

This is great news

Wow... I have been very scarce around here =due to some personal issues.. but it just kills me that some of the same brohuhah I was hearing over a decade ago on onother board is still raging here. My biggest beef with this update is that I had to redo my controls.

That's a hassle.

Glad I've been able to avoid that so far.

Well, it's not about how great the aircraft is, it's about price.

It's one of the most expensive game out there, so people(especially who payed for premium edition) tends to have high expectations.

LOL are you kidding me?  I mean REALLY?  DCS each module 50 bucks  EACH MODULE..  2 aircraft 100 bucks.  

Not, saying they don't do a great job, but lets try to keep things in context here.

LOL are you kidding me?  I mean REALLY?  DCS each module 50 bucks  EACH MODULE..  2 aircraft 100 bucks.  

Not, saying they don't do a great job, but lets try to keep things in context here.

They're doing a great job. But let's face it. I've never spent more than $60 to a single game. (unless it comes with lots of premium contents, like Witcher 3 collectors edition)

Since you mentioned DCS, DCS has very complex simulation compare to BoS. (or RoF)

Each module is like 3rd party aircarfts in FSX series.

Let's say for example PMDG 777 which is $90 for one aircraft.

And it's also same for DCS because some of modules are selling on DCS store is made by 3rd party devs.

Edited by resmania

Great Job dev Team!

Thank you for your wonderful work!

Edited by Neil

Fantastic news!

vereinfachte.jpg

VAS-I-gr-000015950.jpg

I doesn't completely translate in J but it's the closest matching letter of our normal alphabet.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't bother me at all in the game. It's such a minor detail, I probably hadn't seen it on my own...

But, it's not very likely they used both, 'Druckbuchstaben' (printed letters) and 'Schreibschrift' (cursive letters).