Sign in to follow this  
BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 73

I wish it was.

Zak, about the cockpit, is there any specific reason why there is no crash pad on the Revi? 

Cheers

Alex

Spelling mistake on the rear side of the canopy. Should be "Im Probefall", not "Jm Probefall".

I suggest to fix the mistake first and delay the release. :biggrin:

Looks good though.

T̪͇͚̲͉H͙͎̰̥̲̩ͅĘ̠̙̮Y̦͖̳ ̸̼̥̮̩̝͇Ẃ̦̟̠̬I̫̗͞L̴̤̭̯̪̤ͅͅL̝̺̬̣͢ ̙̠͚N̗̺̱̗ͅĘV̯͔E̜̯̞̠̭͉R͙̳̗͕̰ ̙̩͍͚̞F̥I̲̩̳̞N͞D ̮͉̺̗͓̮̺͜Y̶̥͈̣̭͈O̷̤̥̲U͎̫̳̙̘̞̭R̞̱̙̳̭͖̺ ͔͇̬̤̜͈̀ͅC̶̩̺Ó̟̺͔͇̙̻R̺̙̙̯̤̥̦͡P͔̳ͅS̸̜͖͇̼É̜̰̰

• Upvote 1

T̪͇͚̲͉H͙͎̰̥̲̩ͅĘ̠̙̮Y̦͖̳ ̸̼̥̮̩̝͇Ẃ̦̟̠̬I̫̗͞L̴̤̭̯̪̤ͅͅL̝̺̬̣͢ ̙̠͚N̗̺̱̗ͅĘV̯͔E̜̯̞̠̭͉R͙̳̗͕̰ ̙̩͍͚̞F̥I̲̩̳̞N͞D ̮͉̺̗͓̮̺͜Y̶̥͈̣̭͈O̷̤̥̲U͎̫̳̙̘̞̭R̞̱̙̳̭͖̺ ͔͇̬̤̜͈̀ͅC̶̩̺Ó̟̺͔͇̙̻R̺̙̙̯̤̥̦͡P͔̳ͅS̸̜͖͇̼É̜̰̰

:blink:..Dayum

The trailer might be standard for the industry, but in my opinion it's a misrepresentation of the game. You should sell your product, not a CGI trailer.

That's exactly what they are doing, SELLING their product.  There is nothing wrong with creating a cinematic trailer. Trailers are almost always enhanced and do not represent the gameplay experience exactly, not sure where you got those expectations. 

The ba.. Ba... Baa.... The bar! Lol just just messing great cockpit hoping to fly out soon

Oh wow, the bar is there.

Can someone explain the bar joke to me, I'm a bit new to these panes. Thanks!

• Upvote 2

I don't dare go down that path again telling about the "bar" :rolleyes:

Edited by 332_Goblin

In this another Fw 190 cockpit picture, although a bit blurry show "I" like the in game. Font style?

http://www.milavnarc.com/photos/world_war_ii/foreign_aircraft/focke-wulf_fw_190/photo_set_1/large/08b.jpg

Sokol1

I know that picture indeed. And in modded IL2 the Fw-190 has that same "J" on it. :biggrin:

On the warning it should be "Im" and not "Jm". "Jm" is not a German word.

"Im" stands for "In dem" which means "In the" in English.

The image you show is from a Fw-190 which is restored in the U.S. 

http://www.milavnarc.com/focke-wulf_fw_190_photo_set_1.html#!

Probably the American restoration team is not familiar with German language. That could explain the error.

Well, I can't imagine the Fw-190 in the German museum I showed on page 2 has this kind of mistakes.

That's exactly what they are doing, SELLING their product.  There is nothing wrong with creating a cinematic trailer. Trailers are almost always enhanced and do not represent the gameplay experience exactly, not sure where you got those expectations. 

Can someone explain the bar joke to me, I'm a bit new to these panes. Thanks!

Windshield bar in the 190 could potentially block the Revi sight picture.

• Upvote 1

Windshield bar in the 190 could potentially block the Revi sight picture.

The joke goes a little deeper than just the bar blocking the Revi. There was a long standing disagreement between the original IL2 users and the previous development manager, Oleg Maddox. To the best of my memory he insisted the bar was correct and due to the lack of refraction in a two dimensional image there wasn't a way to create the proper height of the bar and still be schematically correct. Unfortunately it affected site accuracy and especially for lead or snap shots. With the FW being such a large barrel-cowled front, visibility was already at a premium. This argument went on for years and it just became a joke because it was never going to be changed.

Is the intro video a cinematic or is that really how the sim is going to look in the release?  The tracers were wonderful but what really "wowed" me was the ground activity on the airfield during the attack.  Will we really see ground crews and pilots running around?

20.47 and no update yet! this is like getting blue balls from a smokeshow! Except this time its a FW190

at least let us know more or less at what time we'll be able to get our asses on that plane...!

The volume and realism of the smoke was also awesome.  Please tell me that the release will look this good and the intro isn't just a cinematic.

Is the intro video a cinematic or is that really how the sim is going to look in the release?  The tracers were wonderful but what really "wowed" me was the ground activity on the airfield during the attack.  Will we really see ground crews and pilots running around?

The video was probably used as a cinematic, not to show what the REAL game will look like, it would be sweet with ground crews and such. But i doubt that we will see them ingame. 

AND WHERE IS MY UPDATE! My patience is running out  :unsure:

Hello Brad :biggrin:   'Fraid it's a bit of CGI overload for "promotional" purposes so what you see in the cinematic is not what you'll see in the game.

Game itself looks freakin' awesome. Just not like this intro video. :)

The video was probably used as a cinematic, not to show what the REAL game will look like, it would be sweet with ground crews and such. But i doubt that we will see them ingame. 

AND WHERE IS MY UPDATE! My patience is running out  :unsure:

Dang!  I will never forget the let down when CFS3 came out using that incredible cinematic trailer.  I thought the sim was going to look like that and it wasn't even close :(

Hello Brad :biggrin:   'Fraid it's a bit of CGI overload for "promotional" purposes so what you see in the cinematic is not what you'll see in the game.

Game itself looks freakin' awesome. Just not like this intro video. :)

Oh, man!  Come on devs, don't do this to me.  You set the bar (not the 190 bar ) for this awesome sim with the trailer.  Now you gotta deliver ;)  

I'll remember that in Moscow is 23:00, ie one hour before midnight, and there is one guy (or more) preparing the update right now, at this hour, so respect to the DEV team

Thanks

Edited by Manu_vc

Ha Ha.  Feathered even put up the CFS3 trailer :lol: to remind us all what a joke that was!  At least BoS looks awesome "in engine",even at this stage.

Yeah agree! i got massive respect for those developers..in earlyer time they have worked at night and responded to us :salute:
in my opinion i like them much more then DCS and same for the ROF :biggrin:

Update is out

Comfirmed! its out

Yeah agree! i got massive respect for those developers..in earlyer time they have worked at night and responded to us :salute:

in my opinion i like them much more then DCS and same for the ROF :biggrin:

Comfirmed! its out

:biggrin: