BlackSix

Thread to gather your suggestions

Type of improvement: Gameplay / time acceleration/fast forward (4x and 8x) requested in missions

Explanation of proposals:

Time acceleration in missions (campaign mode) currently is limited to 2x. Therefore flying to mission/action points and back takes way too long which makes this wonderful flight sim :good: sometimes boring :negative: - I don't think that the simulation aspect would be spoiled if fast forward would be enabled. I would rather like to be able to concentrate on the available activities/ fun stuff (start, dogfight and land...) instead of waiting minutes to get to the action...

Many other people seem to support that request - please see:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17052-time-compressionacceleration-4x-and-8x-instead-only-2x-reque/?view=findpost&p=269909&hl=%2Bacceleration

Benefits: Missions in campaign mode would be shorter and less boring.

Type of Improvement: Gameplay / Quick missions / a richer setup of missions

Explanation of proposals: Give us more quick missions presets. Some "mission points" on the map will remain as they are. But could be a new one. For example:

1) Airfield defend or attack - set number enemy planes, altitude, player position (if he must take-off before the bombs from enemy planes are dropped) etc.
2) Ships attack or defend
3) Emergency land to some airfield

4) may be some shooting trainer on the ground - you can choice gun type, plane cockpit, and enemy plane (or some moving target on the ground) and you can train just shooting. These trainer machines really was used for pilot training shooting. 

Quick mission it is at base the best training for pilots. So make Quick missions more rich in options. I know there are some Mission in the menu, which are more detailed.

But these mission takes a lot of time for player and you can't setup weather, numbers od airplanes etc... Quick missions have great potential for better training! 

Tune this please, it is not so hard work (sorry if is). I prefer more tuning this flying thing than new tank or mobile cars.

Benefits: More fun for single players. Better and quicker training for pilots (no flying the entire mission - just set quick mission and fly)

• Upvote 3

Type of Improvement: Graphics

Explanation of proposals: Improvement of cockpit gauge reflections.

Description: Cockpit gauges look very dull and reflect too little light even under shiny daylight summer settings.

Attached are screenshots from BoS, a shot from Rise of Flight (where reflections are way more dominant) and a real 109 cockpit for comparison.

post-22578-0-01204000-1449998772_thumb.jpg post-22578-0-46749300-1449998773_thumb.jpg

me_109e_4_1939_cockpit_by_silentnight745

Benefits: More realism and graphical appeal to basicly all planes ingame.

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka
  • Upvote 2

Type of Improvement: Multiplayer/custom skins

Explanation of proposals: Make customs skins visible to ALL players although they do not have the skin installed ( il2 CLOD for example lets the other players see the skin even though they do not have it installed...)

Benefits: Multiplayer aircraft diversity, sharing of player created skins, more intersting multiplayer

Type of improvement : Gameplay & Multiplayer

Explanations of proposals : Add a field camera in the tower that players can "jump into" to see activity around the field. With the field "radar" getting axed, and the only feedback that the field currently has enemies over it saying "field is under attack." It would be nice to be able to see the enemies that are within visible range, most importantly - being right above the airfield. In order to access this camera, a player clicks the field icon and a camera is available in the plane selection. The camera is centered in the tower, so the player can look around from the tower.

Benefits : It replaces the void of actual field spotters that removing the field "radar" creates.

• Upvote 2

Type of improvement : Quick Mission - tune a little more for ground attack option possibilities

Explanations of proposals : The Quick Mission system performs adequately for setting up air to air missions, but is deficient for players wanting to set up pure ground attack scenarios.

Suggestions:

1. Allow to set up zero opposing enemy fighters if desired. (currently there is minimum of 1)

2. Currently AI il-2s/ground attack aircraft by default want to head off to any opposing enemy aircraft. They can be recalled using the command system, but it would be much better if there were more options to set up a dedicated ground attack mission with target set as the specified ground target and not enemy ac.

So be able to assign as target for your flight either:

Airfield

Ships

Tanks

Vehicles

Artillery

etc

3. Populate the enemy airfield with at least some static aircraft (and possibly a few vehicles too). 

Or even as CZEforzamike suggests above the possibility to set up an enemy flight 'scrambling' to intercept you as you approach.

Benefits : Produces a wider variety of missions and a much better ground attack experience. Greater immersion - more targets

Edit: I've just noticed the similarity of my suggestions here to CZEforzamike's above. But I think there are enough additional ideas here to keep this suggestion posted. Either way, Multiplayer gets LOTS of love and development time. Please show some love to the currently undernourished QMB. Thanks.

Edited by kendo
  • Upvote 3

Type of improvement: Gameplay, 2 points of interest

• Landings at other Airfields on your side:  A successful landing at an airfield on your side of the front that was not the AF or your original take off should not count as a crash landing. You should get a normal green landing. Now yes I understand that it indicates this when you 'Finish Flight' but on the server records it says you crashed but lived.

• Combat Record:  Currently your record is recorded as kills for 'Current Virtual Life'. This is great and I like it but I would also like it to show your kill streak. Your kill streak should increase only after you have reached that point again and surpass it. This helps us out managing our squads and issuing awards.

Benefits:  Better record keeping for awards in VR units.

• Upvote 2

Type of improvement: Game play / Immersion

Explanation of proposals: possibility to switch HUD display completely off, EXCEPT the AI chat messages

Benefits: I would like to fly "full real", i.e. dont see any messages about overheating, flap, throttle, rpm lever positions and such, but, flying offline, retain the messages from AI pilots and gunners.

Unfortunately I dont understand russian and need the text to know what they are saying...

• Upvote 1

Explanation of proposals: possibility to switch HUD display completely off, EXCEPT the AI chat messages

Benefits: I would like to fly "full real", i.e. dont see any messages about overheating, flap, throttle, rpm lever positions and such, but, flying offline, retain the messages from AI pilots and gunners.

Unfortunately I dont understand russian and need the text to know what they are saying...

It is already possible, when in flight bring on the basic option menu (or go into the flight interface in the settings menu) , and set ingame messages OFF, instrument panel HIDDEN and minimap size HIDDEN

This way you will not have any flying aid on the screen and have to rely on your instruments only, but the chat window with the AI messages will still be active.

Type of improvement: AI / Realism

Explanation of proposals: Add a delay of 10-15 seconds before the AI gunner leaves the gun. Right now as soon as an enemy aircraft leaves the firing arc, the gunner leaves the gun / close the hatch.

Benefits: Gunners would behave a bit more as a real gunner would and instead of taking-leaving-taking-leaving the gun as the enemy waves behind the player aircraft, the gunner would stay on the gun and actually fire when he can. This is especially annoying on planes like the Bf110 as the gunner open and close the hatch all the time. 

• Upvote 2

It is already possible, when in flight bring on the basic option menu (or go into the flight interface in the settings menu) , and set ingame messages OFF, instrument panel HIDDEN and minimap size HIDDEN

This way you will not have any flying aid on the screen and have to rely on your instruments only, but the chat window with the AI messages will still be active.

I think what he means is that on expert servers it shouldn't be a player option, but a server option to turn those helpers off. Such arcade features have no place on expert servers, even though they are useful when familiarizing yourself with a plane.

I think what he means is that on expert servers it shouldn't be a player option, but a server option to turn those helpers off. Such arcade features have no place on expert servers, even though they are useful when familiarizing yourself with a plane.

Thx!

Actually Gruber got me right, was talking about offline and unaware of that menu.

But Reflected got a very good point as well.

Type of improvement: Gameplay / Controls

I am still missing one great thing on this fabulous sim! It is about mouse moving.

When the player is in the cockpit and looking around (by mouse) the right mouse button is useless!

Is it possible to adjust the leaning in all directions while holding the right mouse button?
It a bit replaces IR TRACK system for those who do not have it. Now i must holding some numeric keys to lean to some way. IT IS HORRIBLE!!!

In old IL 2 STURMOVIK COD with TEAM FUSION mod works it perfect!
When you hold right mouse button you was able to easily lean to right, left, up, down and zoom in or out.
That was great and very useful. It was so smooth and easy for looking and leaning around. Much better than now with num keys.

Guys is it so hard to do this??? (pleaseeee)  :)

Benefits: better view control in cockpit / help for players who don't have an IR TRACK system.

• Upvote 4

We need add serial number on AI aircraft .

IL-2 1946 have serial number on AI aircraft Automatically adds, so BOS or BOM why not?

Type of improvement: Online Gameplay / Historical realism (?)

Have you ever played Counterstrike or Warthunder?
Well... I was wondering. One of the most annoying and less historical thing there can be in an online environment is to see single planes taking off all the time, cruising all alone towards the enemy lines in complete lonelniess (should I use the word "lone" again?). Teamspeak servers which are often void of english speaking chaps... 
The virtual online servers become a similar show as the one we see everyday while getting to work in our cars: lines of cars with single persons that don't speak with each other and that start their vehicles by themselves, at their preferred time.

Well, why couldn't be possible to create a kind of "timer" for each airfield, which takes notes of how many pilots are selecting their planes and, whenever there are at least 3 planes ready to take off, put them all together side by side in the runway, ready for take off together. A new "kind of Rotte" is born! 
Maybe there could even be a special colored chat box especially for these 3 (or more) planes taking off together. There can even be a designation for each formation taking off , such as "Rotte number XXX of JG27", updating overtime with a new number. Maybe even before starting the mission, there should be a small pop-up window that will tell you Who your flying squad is composed of... by which plane, and even give a suggestion for a target. Or they can even decide, all 3 or more of them, what to do by giving a vote (maybe this is too extreme...). Maybe they can even talk with a microphone between themselves just in this "Rotte", or create special ad-hoc AI communication once they get separated, that tells them where they are, etc..
Pilots in this way feel more "part of a squadron", and they can follow each other more closely. 

At the other side of the front, at about the same time, a similar thing happens. Hopefully in this way the skies will see small groups of planes fighting together and especially flying together.

Benefits: Historical realism, immersion, fun?

Edited by Ioshic
  • Upvote 1

Explanation of proposals: Add new skill level for FLAK: the "fireworks harmless" with non lethal ammo.

Benefits: Allow people do bomb runs in MP servers with attack planes and bombers 'like in movies" and return to base unscattered as "hero" and stop complain against "ACE FLAK", "Sniper 88", "sadist mission makers".

Type of improvement: Graphics.

Explanation of proposals: While playing around in the ME, I found something curious about the two different shading systems used for winter and for summer/autumn. I was particularly interested in seeing how the shadows behaved, both those from clouds and from objects. I have made further tests, and in my observations I concluded that the shading system used for summer, once applied to the winter map, can create a much more faithful and natural result.

Here we go.

Default shading used for winter. I think we can all agree that ground shadows lack depth and contrast. Clouds are sparse, and the weather is pretty clear. Sunlight, blue sky, white ground. Shadows are not so convincing.

24077097939_a241a36aed_o.jpg

Summer shading system. Same weather settings, same time, same place. Looks a lot better in terms of shadow depth, but this shading system clips many highlights that are otherwise very well kept in the default winter shading. Clouds don't receive light from the ground, and they look darker.

24149266550_c50fd99a19_o.jpg

My question is: is it possible to create a compromise between the two systems, in order to maintain the shadows' depth from the summer shading system together with the natural ground shading of the winter shading system?

Something like this, quickly made in Photoshop merging the two screenshots.

24362424141_e43895a176_o.jpg

Here I present the results of further similar tests. Overall, the summer shading system seems to create a much more convincing image. The result is consistent through all weather settings, at every hour.

Winter shading:

24336592932_5622b53eb1_o.jpg

Summer shading:

24444877045_1caf64e09a_o.jpg

Balanced result:

23818079273_a81d214408_o.jpg

I'm particularly fond of how this applies to objects shadows.

Here's an example. Winter shading:

24336590142_88f4748aee_o.jpg

Summer shading:

24362418231_6b53202517_o.jpg

Balanced result: notice how ground legibility is improved, while also being a lot more natural in contrasts. Don't mind the yellowish snow, I simply intended to show how shadows look.

24362420761_6d72a5ea0b_o.jpg

Benefits: Improved overall image credibility, improved shadow depth and contrast in a snowy landscape under all weather conditions, at all times, for a much more natural look.

• Upvote 1

Part 2 because of image limits.

Here's how it looks early in the morning.

Winter shading:

24150318280_f0347bcaba_o.jpg

Summer shading. A much more convicing result already:

23819131273_e73339fbcc_o.jpg

Balanced.

23817736654_02a58c3b05_o.jpg

• Upvote 3

Type of improvement: Gameplay / Realism

Explanation of proposals: In the Bf110, allow the possibility to change the 20mm ammo drums even if there is still ammunition left inside.

Benefits: When you have like 5 or 10 ammo left sometimes it would be nice to be able to change to some full drums before going back to attack. Currently the only way to do it is to fire the remaining ammo to empty the drums before replacing them, which is not convenient and most of all makes you very visible to the enemy from a long distance. For example if you catch a lonely Il2 and while climbing up his low 6 you notice that you only have 4 shots left in each MG/FF, either you fire in the air and hope he or a nearby fighter doesn't see the tracers, or you take the shot and most likely will have to make a second pass to bring him down.

Type of improvement: Miscellaneous

Explanation of proposal: Do not store the account password in plaintext (startup.cfg)!

Benefits: Prevent programs reading startup.cfg from accessing online account.   

Edited by JG4_dingsda

Type of improvement: Graphics / info panel

Explanation of proposal: Is it possible to make showing / hiding info graphics in more steps? (by pressing the "I" key 3x)
1 x press "I" - it shows full info panel like it is now (airspeed, altitude, compass, etc), player position on map and names of planes and distance.

2 x press "I" - it shows full info panel like it is now (airspeed, altitude, compass, etc) and player map position only! NO NAMES AND DISTANCE!
3 x press "I" - it shows nothing, like is it now (similar when you press "H" key - only map is visible)

Benefits: When i am in combat or dogfight, i want to see my info panel (airspeed, altitude, compass, etc), but i sometimes don't want see the planes
names and their distance - just want to have a clear view on my target. But i want still see my speed and altitude!

- So now when i press the "I" key per once, it is all hide on my screen (info panel and planes names and distances) 

- When i press it twice, it is visible all.

- I missing one step between - to see only my info panel, but plane names and their distances are hidden

• Upvote 1

Type of improvement: CAMERA VIEW - EXTERNAL 

Explanation of proposal: I wrote this once, but not answer. Could you give us back the old Sturmovik F8 camera view?
I believe that this is not a complicated job. The current F4 external view is useless and very bad for flying - I do not understand its meaning!

The classic F8 external view was great and it was very helpful when the player want just enjoy his flying on external view.
- better for landing, take of and roll on runway learning!

- camera was fixed to sides on this external view, so it was more easy turning to side

- but if was free to zooming (mouse roll) and height perspective (mouse move down - camera goes down / mouse move up - camera goes up) 

- It is very similar like F2 external view, but it is fixed to sides, so camera is still in the middle of plane tail

The F8 view I missing perhaps most of all things in new Sturmovik. And I missed it even for Rise of Flight!
Guys please if you understand my poor english, please like this post if you agree with me! THANK YOU VERY MUCH  :salute:

Benefitseasier landing for external view, enjoy of flying without the constant moving with mouse to sides to centre the view

• Upvote 2

Type of improvement: cockpit animation
Explanation of proposals: in German planes with a bomb control panel (109, 110, 190, Ju 87), have the main bomb panel switch move to Aus when the bomb fuses are shut off.
Benefits: easier to see when bombs have their fuses enabled, like with the P-40. 

• Upvote 3

Type of improvement: Gameplay/Immersion

Explanation of proposal: Many people have requested a more in depth career mode (similar to RoF). Would it be possible to implement a system where by a new (random) pilot is created when you use each aircraft in single player campaign. Track that pilot's kills, rank and awards until they are killed, and then replace them with another automatically generated random pilot. The campaign could work exactly as it does now, but on completion you could look back over the number of pilots you lost (and any who survived).

Perhaps it could be a direct pull over whatever generates pilot profiles for RoF.

Benefits: Does not require alteration to core single player mechanics (the progression system will remain exactly the same) but will provide much greater immersion and sense of the human cost of the conflict.

Note: I am in a part of the world where multiplayer is often very empty (due to time zone), single player is the core of the game. After everything is unlocked, there seems little point to the campaign which is a shame as it really effects replay value.

• Upvote 1

Type of improvement: GRAPHICS BUGS or FAULTS

Explanation of proposal:

- when my plane is burning and i just try to emergency land on water, plane is still burning even if is fully under the water! It is possible to turn the flames somehow off?

- when i bombing ships, or trains: sometimes it happens that when everything explodes, the cannon crew is still on their positions in flames. Weird!

Benefitsi don't know... it is logic or not?

Type of improvement: GRAPHICS BUGS or FAULTS

Explanation of proposal:

Is it possible to remove the colour banding in the sky by using this method?

http://www.anisopteragames.com/how-to-fix-color-banding-with-dithering/

I know most games 'suffer' with banding but old the above method be used to reduce or eliminate it from BoS/BoM?

Benefits: Better quality of graphics, better realism, aircraft don't vanish when they blend into a colour bands....more beautiful game :)

Cheers, MP

Type of improvement: Graphics bugs or faults

Explanation: Navigation lights and tracers. These are currently visible for several miles in broad daylight.

Proposal: Have one of the dev team take a flashlight outside in the daytime and the other one to stand 8 km and report on visibility of the beam during daytime. Conduct a similar experiment at the local rifle range.

Benefits: Restored sanity.

Type of improvement: Historical accuracy / more variation in gameplay and perhaps a way to get more loadouts for planes which had a large number of diffrent loadouts.

Well there are many weapons that could be used buy the planes we now have in BoS and BoM it would be a good idea if they made some sort of weapons pack that could be bought if you have BoM or BoS. In the weapons pack should be bombs, guns, smokebombs, other equipment that didn´t make it into the normal game realeas version of planes.

( goal should be that there are weapons for many diffrent planes in the weapon pack so there would be something for every player in it. )
Fore example:
weapon pack for german planes:

dropable supply container ( could be used to supply troops that are encircled as a mission objective or to to supply human players with tanks with ammunition if the tanks drives next to a droped container he gets a view rounds of ammunition and the container disappears from the map. The container would also disappear after some time if nobody comes to use it. )
post-385-0-46099000-1455656486_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-38071700-1455656710_thumb.jpg

paper whistle on all standard bombs ( SC 50, SC 250,...) these replased the sirens on the Ju 87 Stuka and could be used with all planes. ( No special effect appart from terrifying some tank players when they are bombed )
post-385-0-00222700-1455657011_thumb.jpg

Smoke bomb that creats a large smokescreen ( was build in 50 Kg version and 250 kg version used from the beginning of the war ) Could be used to hide troops from enamy fire or blinding flak from fireing accurate for some time.
post-385-0-99142600-1455656879_thumb.jpg

These started to complement the somke bombs ( sometime in 1942 )

drop container with 16x NB2 ( small smoke containers) If droped the main container opens in flight, the 16 NB2 are set free and armed they get scattered in a area of about 50m x 50m and start to build a smokescreen of 50m width 250m long and up to 20m height. The smokescreen stays for about 5 min.
post-385-0-45200500-1455656557_thumb.jpg

Hand droped smoke signals with fixed meaning. ( these were carried inside the cockpit and after pulling a sort of safety pin they are droped out of the windo or any other opening while flying low. After a short time the somke is realeased. Violet smoke is a warning for friendly forces that enamy tanks are near! Red smoke is a warning for " be careful there is a enamy defensive position!" ) There are more such signals but they had no fixed meaning and could be used for anything lokal troops agreed on.
post-385-0-39374500-1455656589_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-63333800-1455656628_thumb.jpg

incendiary bombs and containers

The B1E and B1,3E is a small incendiary bomb which was droped in large numbers from containers ( it could burn down buildings, trucks, tents and other small things like that)
post-385-0-82903800-1455656661_thumb.jpg

The BSB 700 and BSB 1000 was a reusable container for the small incendiary bombs. It could be carried by the Ju 88 and He 111. Instead of droping the container when pressing the bomb realease button a door on the underside opens which enable the insendiary bombs to fall out. The Container is divided into several such compartments. If the first one is empty the next one opens as long as the pilot does press the button for bomb realease. If the pilot stops to press the button the open compartment is emptyed and no new compartment is opened until the pilot does press the button again. There are three diffrent sizes of these containers the smallest one BSB 360 with 360 bombs inside ( 435kg all together used with the BSB 700 from January 1941 ), BSB 700 with 700 bombs inside ( 905kg all together ), BSB 1000 with 600 bombs and 1000kg (replaced the BSB 700 in july 1942)
post-385-0-41100200-1455656681_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-35554500-1455656692_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-53047400-1455656752_thumb.jpg

Bomb used against railroads. Its a standart SC 250 or SC 50 Bomb fitted with a time fuse and a second fuse that explodes the bomb when a train is near through the vibration of the train. On the nose of the bomb is a spike fixed which penetrades the ground ( at best right next to the railes) so that the bomb is stuck upside down with the hole body above ground. The impact on the ground activates the two fuses and makes it very hard to remove the bomb without exploding it because light vibrations can exploded the bomb. British enginiers mostly exploded the bombs when found on time and replaced the damged rails afterwards even when that meant that the line couldn´t be used for a full day! If no train comes and a time from max. 72 hours is gone the time fuse explodes and destroyes the bomb and everyting near to it.
post-385-0-77390000-1455657001_thumb.jpg

SD2 bombs drop containers and devises: (late1940-1945)

The SD 2 is a small 2kg fragmentation bomb also known as butterfly bomb it was one of the most used small  bombs and highly effective in destroying ( troop concentrations, all sorts of unarmored vehicles, guns, planes ( On the first day of Operation Barbarosser more than 800 planes fell victim to SD2 bombs on ground. With these it is most likely the most sucessfull weapon of the first day of Operation Barbarossa ), tents and many more such things.
After the war it was copied in the USA and used for a long time. While the SD2 was a german development after bad expirences with normal SD 10 bombs which flew all over the place and there by often missed the targets they should destroy. The SD 2 get stuck to the targets with its small wings which let them explode were they were most effective.  Russia developed also a small bomb (1,5kg if i am not wrong ) for the same purpose which was copied by the germans later in the war ( german one called SD1 1kg  late 1943-1945).
post-385-0-11195900-1455656972_thumb.jpg

At the beginning the SD 2 was droped from the devices in the picture below: For JU 88 ( the Ju 88 had 360 SD2 bombs in the bomb bays. 90 bombs in each device.) and Do 17 (later some Do 217 could also carry these device)
post-385-0-41334600-1455656959_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-62029900-1455656793_thumb.jpg

For the Ju 87 Stuka and the ME 110 E there were also devices to use the SD 2.
post-385-0-72752600-1455656768_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-04548300-1455656829_thumb.jpg

All the devices above had one problem, To get the SD 2 to explode near the ground or on ground they had to fly at a maximum hight of 25m above ground and not lower than 15m otherewise the SD 2 would be armed and explode to high above ground to do any damage or if realeased to low they would not be armed and not explode at all. These extrem low level attacks made the planes vulnerable to all sorts of rifle fire which was the main reason for loses and some units useing them had after three days more than half of there planes in the workshop for repairs made by rifle fire but by then they had done more than enough deamge to the Russian troops to be worth the losses. Early in 1942 new drop containers replaced the older devices. These containers could first be droped from up to 1500m and latter in the war up to 6000m ( mid. 1943).

The containers looked nearly like a normal bomb could be carried like a SC 50, 250 or 500 kg bomb and they were latter filled up with a very large amount of diffrent kinds of small bombs, smoke bombs, marker bombs,...
They were first few were called AB 23 ( Abwurfbehälter für 23 SD2 bomben = drop container for 23 SD2 bombs wight 50kg could only be carried outside the bomb bay )
They were quickly improved with the AB 50 and AB 70 ( 50 was for the wight of the filled container 50kg / 70kg ) AB 250 (250kg) and AB 500 (500kg)
AB 250 on Ju 87
post-385-0-85130600-1455656499_thumb.jpg

AB 500:
post-385-0-97164200-1455656513_thumb.jpg

and for use with incendiary bombs the AB 1000 ( 1000kg )
post-385-0-24032900-1455656529_thumb.jpg

One more useful device would be the so called "Rauchgeräte" ( which is the cover name for rockets used with JU 88 and HE 111 to start with large bomb loads or when the runway was short)
post-385-0-65678000-1455656935_thumb.jpg

For most of these things are counterparts on the Russian side which could be used for a Russian weapons pack. Since many of these things are useable on a large number of planes in game or on planes that are added in the future interesed in these weapon packs would be high also in the future. None of them can destroye gameplay because they all have some weaknesses that other players could use to there advantage. Since targets on the map could also be destroyed with the weapons everyone gets with the planes, players without them would not be at a disadvantage. The mission maker should however be able to disable the weapons that does not fit into the timeframe of his mission.

hope my english is not to bad. :salute:

below some more like  mines (used on land and in the water ), light bombs for night missions,...

Benefits:

more variation in gameplay and perhaps a way to get more loadouts for planes which had a large number of diffrent loadouts. Possible way to earn some money with them and make the diffrent kinds of damage to targets even better than it is now.

• Upvote 2

The chat system should be polished. For one hotkeys for Chat and Team Chat have no difference they both take you to the chat window and to send a team message you must press ctrl-enter, well it's easy to make a mistake and call out your team message to everyone, not to mention needing to press 2 keys to send a message when 1 would suffice is not very nice. So the hotkey for team chat should work (press team-chat key, type message, hit enter, simple)

Second we should be able to see old chat messages at any time in the Map window (you can see old chat before you spawn but there's not much reason why we shouldn't be able to see it when we're flying)

Previous comments about restricting chat to teams only, I think that should be a server option.

*UPDATE* Yea this is getting really annoying...

Edited by GreedyPoor
  • Upvote 1

Type of improvement: GRAPHICS poor EFFECTS

Explanation of proposal:

1) Explosions of the planes on impact are very, very poor, insignificant and very very short. I do not expect a nuclear explosion,
    but this current explosions look ridiculous. It would need far more smoke effects for a longer time.

Is it a big problem, at least prolong the time of smoke that goes from the rubble???

2) Wheater effect is ZERO! look to years old sim like WING OF PREY and rain drops on the canopy - it looks great!
    just here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mhEFUlXGsw
   - why is this great effect still missing here?

3) Map terrain is so flat! No hills, ditch, rocks - nothing just flat ground. I understand that it's probably accurate landscape of Stalingrad map.

Perhaps just as a reminder to future - MORE TERRAIN DIVERSITY!

To be honest, I love this game, but I do not understand why we have 4x almost the same plane (bf 109).

I would prefer spend more time on graphics effects and details!

Sometimes it seems to me that such stupidity sim as is the War Thunder It looks much better then our IL2 BOS/BOM. 

It's just my subjective opinion, maybe it's that I'm playing this game for a long game.
But maybe it's also because when I look at a similar simulation, almost all look much better in effects!
And it pisses me off - because i know that IL2 is the best!

Benefits: better orientation where the opponent crash, better feeling of enemy take down, better gaming feeling.

• Upvote 1

Type of improvement: AI spotting enemy plane mechanisim improvement

Explanation of proposal:

AI pilot is too good for spotting enemy planes. every time enemys spot me earlier than I spot them. Is there a way that we can tweak AI's this kind of skill level alittle bit down. moreover can we have a command to ask AI wingman to report enemy plane's direction and height if he spot enemy plane?

Benefits:

those changes can dramaticly improve the immersion of offline campaings.

Type of improvement:

Make neutral country act as neutral.

Currently, objects set as neutral do not act neutrally towards german/russian objects. Instead, they will open fire and destroy objects with any other country. And germans/russians attack neutral objects. It would be logical, if neutral would be.. neutral :)

Benefits:

More control and options in mission making.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

Hello

I want to ask how much ID - joysticks  BoS can identify me as identifies only 7. Eight I no longer identify. It would be possible to extend what we do because they cockpits quite limited.
Otherwise it would be excellent if you could expand controls on the possibility of continuous analogue control flaps and not only through the keypad.
I would be very happy if you would like to be able to answer my questions.
well thank you
Edited by Helo

Type of improvement: Control

Explanation of proposals: Constant trim regulation speed. 

Current trim setting speed of 109's (and other aircrafts that had manual trim wheel) are very anti-istinctive and uncomfortable. This is due to the increase of speed of the regulation wheel after 1-2 seconds of pressure on the command button. I think this was implemented for simulate the difficulty for the pilot tho move the wheel during perform of other operation and also to make it easy to find the fine calibration. The problem is that during flight, and mostrly during combat, is very annoyng wait til the wheel start and is very hard to undersand when secon speed start and, consequently, when stop press the trim button.

It would be very very easier and similar to reality if there was a constant rotation speed just as 190 have.

Benefits: Better flight feeling, especially with FFB Joystic, greater findability of fine trim regulation. Less time required ti set trim.

Word of pilot. ; ) 

Regards

Edited by 150GCT_Italo

Type of improvement:
Add German artillery observation balloons to BoS/BoM.

German artillery observation units on the eastern front widely used observation balloons. The balloon model from RoF could be used with some minor changes and a new texture, so the amount of work would be relatively small.

Benefits:
Adding such a balloon would give mission builders the possibility for interesting new mission types.

If necessary I can provide further information. Here some pictures:

post-348-0-94922900-1458301707_thumb.jpg

post-348-0-96800300-1458301770_thumb.jpg

post-348-0-98247200-1458301810_thumb.jpg

post-348-0-05263300-1458301868_thumb.jpg

post-348-0-02443200-1458301870_thumb.jpg

post-348-0-47662800-1458301871_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 4

Type of improvement:
Add playable trains, maybe armoured trains

the playable tanks have proven themselves to be quite benefical and working in multiplayer.. the eastern front also saw armored trains and a simple player controled train shouldn´t be too different from the tanks, even simpler in it´s implications of interaction with the map, but would make BoS/BoM quite unique and draw attention and new players as well as offering something noone has ever done before.

schwere_Spahzug_1945.jpg

Edited by Dr_Zeebra

S!

Type of improvement:

Mission report "subtitle" MCU.

When triggered, writes a string (given in the MCU object) to log file from the mission. 

Benefits:

Most advanced systems built around this game utilize parsing of mission reports. Gives the mission builder the ability to effectively communicate with the external commanding software. Currently, we have to destroy named fake blocks to get custom signals into the log file (kludge).

Even better solution:

Type of improvement:

RCON "subtitle" MCU.

Same as above, but writes the "subtitle" directly to the RCON stream.

Benefits:

Gives mission builders using external command software the ability to communicate with the mission in real time in both directions. Currently, utilizing log file parsing, we have 0-30+ seconds delay (server writes logs every 30s) in receiving information from the mission.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Upvote 1

Type of improvement:

Support for Gametrix Jetseat http://www.gametrix.ru/products/14

This Force Feedback device adds effects for ground handling (bumps)  and flight (i.e. mainly stall and gun shakes). 

Benefits:

Very immersive enhacement. 

• Upvote 2