Game version 4.504 discussion: Rough terrain visualization, New cockpit sounding, GFX improvements and other

Han

• 1CGS
Just now, Han said:

Dear Friends,

New player controllable aircraft or vehicles aren’t ready yet, but we have decided to release the update 4.504 that improves many aspects of the sim. The main feature of this update is the increased visual detail of the landscape at close distances

The second main feature is a nearly complete overhaul of the sound volume balance in the aircraft cockpits

There are many other important changes as well, for instance, many graphical effects were improved like large structural fires in cities and more detailed tank cannon fire effects. Even the grass now bends when you fire the tank main gun! The full changelist follows:

News on 4.504 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Like 20
  • Thanks 18
  • Upvote 9

• Han pinned this topic
PatrickAWlson

Just wanted to express one more time my appreciation for the way in which this organization does business.  It feels like a partnership, which is very rare in my experience as a consumer.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 13

48. P-51D-15 spinner was made less shiny;   Seems unfair when everything else is being polished....

Good to see the sounds getting some TLC as well. Thank you. 

• Haha 1

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams
Just now, JG_deserteagle540 said:

Very nice update!

Should we use stereo sound or 5.1 sound?

Always stereo.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

Well, I just spent about 40 minutes zooming around Kuban listening to the new soundscape. The sound of rushing air alone is a huge improvement and given even more weight to an already fantastic aerodynamic simulation.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Another amazing update. Have a Merry Christmas dev team! Looking forward to testing the sound updates out. I'm excited to hear more wind as you gain speed in a dive.

Very cool. I'll have to hop in the Jug tonight and see how loud it is vs the V12 aircraft. I didn't pay much attention to its volume before, but I'd guess it probably got quieter, internally.

I find myself wondering how loud a Beaufighter would be? I recall the thing had mufflers on it. I wonder if that would make a possible premium plane candidate? I recall they served all over the place. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think the devs made a mistake here. 4.504, not 5.405. We’ll probably be there in a year or two, but not there at the moment

5CD13A76-56E2-4A72-B440-D4C82C6E5DD8.thumb.jpeg.ac6b773fd37660605ba018cd83fef212.jpeg

Edited by Enceladus
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

I don't suppose a fix for the hurricane has been snuck in? I.e. nose pitching up when the flaps are deployed, otherwise it's Mary Poppins. 

I just smile when I see release like this one. It is the constant attention to detail and the continuous flow of additions and improvements that keep me a long term customer of whatever you produce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Ooooooo!

The image of the P-39 pilot exiting his burning plane is sublime! 

Oh and By the way....

56. The visibility range of large fires (static effects City_Fire, City_FireSmall, VillageSmoke and their new cyclic versions) has been increased to 100 km;
57. Settlement fire effects in Career, Quick Missions and tank campaigns won’t periodically disappear and reappear or ‘flip’ when you move the camera around them. These effects now illuminate the surroundings as well;
62. Сyclic settlement fire effects City_Fire_Loop, City_FireSmall_Loop and VillageSmoke_Loop won’t visibly disappear and reappear or ‘flip’ when you move the camera

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Edited by 40plus
  • Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

Always stereo.

Jason

Why stereo if I have a 5.1 setup? Thanks for the update. I am so glad that the A20 bomb bay doors will be ripped off if you belly land with them down now. That was really bothering me!!!:rolleyes: LMAO!

S!Blade<><

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams
11 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

Why stereo if I have a 5.1 setup? Thanks for the update. I am so glad that the A20 bomb bay doors will be ripped off if you belly land with them down now. That was really bothering me!!!:rolleyes: LMAO!

S!Blade<><

Because the sim is designed for Stereo. Always been that way. If you force 5.1 sounds will likely  be missing.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Just wanted to express one more time my appreciation for the way in which this organization does business.  It feels like a partnership, which is very rare in my experience as a consumer.  

^^^ This

• Like 2

Great, now i begin to wonder what mods aren't needed no' mo'.

I'll pre buy FC2 soon, as proof of my appreciation for all the good works done once again. Scout's honor!

Hello Freaks,

I'm really excited - the developer’s checkout work and an early Christmas present! Thank you - just as the chains fall on the Tiger I when driving, you don't want to have your fingers in between! Also the movement of the sloping towers - wonderfully implemented!

Good luck !

Guenther

Tested right now on alpha IL2 Expert : the wind noise in cockpit is too high (tested in 190 A3). The motor sount can't be heared now on my game. Impossible to play long time or with sound shutted only.

May the problem is only for me, the others pilots said to me "no problem" for them. I restarted the game : no change. What can I do now?

Edited by Otto_bann
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

RNAS10_Symonds

Only 60 + improvements?  Thank you team. From my first days of Rise of Flight (bought in a real shop on a DVD!) with six or so planes to now.  I hope you get some rest at Christmas if you celebrate it or  get a holiday. 

31. Pilot AI won’t dive into the ground after receiving a command to attack a ground target if there is no ammo;

Why get rid of a feature? 😄

• Haha 1

• Han unpinned this topic