1 hour ago, Jonttu1 said:

I'm not the most familiar with WW1 aircraft though I do recognize some of the most iconic ones... I'm probably right in thinking that bomber is a Handley Page Type O? 😄 

Anybody else got ideas what those two fighter profiles are?

Handley Page O/400, Spad VII, and Fokker D.VIII. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, migmadmarine said:

My assumption has been that since FC.1 was kinda testing the waters, FC.2 would extend the map outwards to the full western front. I'd love to see the western front map playable area extend all the way to the coast in the north since you can see the channel from the existing map, but even just the full area of the original map would do. 

It is best not to make assumptions :) I rather liked the Channel Map in RoF though... it would kindof bridge the gap between the BoBP and BoN maps...

I would personally prefer not to have a new map but to maybe have one new airplane for each side... but I'd be happy with just a pack of additional aircraft (even a smaller one)

Edited by Avimimus

Let the speculation begin!

Some battle in 1917.  Bloody April?  Too early.  It would leave a big gap in mid 1917.    Cambrai?  Too late.  I'm going with Wipers (Ypres) starting with Messines Ridge.

Planes (working off of the idea of RoF ports)

Albatros D.III

Albatros D.II Late

Pfalz D.XII (because the Albatros D.II and D.III completely dominated German units so we don't need more for this period)

DFW CV

Something New - hopefully a 2 seater, any 2 seater. 

Sopwith Pup

Sopwith Triplane

Spad VII

RE8

Breguet 14

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Let the speculation begin!

Some battle in 1917.  Bloody April?  Too early.  It would leave a big gap in mid 1917.    Cambrai?  Too late.  I'm going with Wipers (Ypres) starting with Messines Ridge.

Planes (working off of the idea of RoF ports)

Albatros D.III

Albatros D.II Late

Pfalz D.XII (because the Albatros D.II and D.III completely dominated German units so we don't need more for this period)

DFW CV

Something New - hopefully a 2 seater, any 2 seater. 

Sopwith Pup

Sopwith Triplane

Spad VII

RE8

Breguet 14

My guess is, besides the ones we know at this point:

Gotha G.V

Albatros D.III

Pfalz D.XII

DFW C.V

Breguet 14

Nieuport 17

Sopwith Triplane

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

If they going to bring one bomber then they should have the Gotha as well. it would be nice to have a Nieuport as well. 

As much fun as a bomber can be, FC right now is really lacking 2 seaters.  i thought about the Nieuport.  A lot depends on time frame and location.  If the time frame is right then the N17 is the most important plane on the Allied side.  However, if they go mid 1917 the N17 was largely withdrawn by that time.

Regardless, very happy we are getting FCII, whatever it may be.

• Upvote 3

QI'm thinking Nieuport 28 rather than 17, make for the most solid late17-early18 lineup, and leave more aircraft for a 1916/17 lineup (IE Nieuport 11,17, sopwith tripe, Airco DH.2 and RE.8/Sop Strutter vs Fokker E.III, Halberstadt D.II, Alby D.II, Rolland C.II and some new scout for a third set. 

10 minutes ago, migmadmarine said:

The Il-2 facebook account replied to a comment on the announcement there saying career is planned.

thx for info, checked and you have right. I found this reply:

Yes that is in the plan. Stay tuned for more info soon.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
5 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

As much fun as a bomber can be, FC right now is really lacking 2 seaters.  i thought about the Nieuport.  A lot depends on time frame and location.  If the time frame is right then the N17 is the most important plane on the Allied side.  However, if they go mid 1917 the N17 was largely withdrawn by that time.

Regardless, very happy we are getting FCII, whatever it may be.

The HP will obviously be in it as per the pictorial release. Thus you can be sure the Gotha is coming too.

I'd certainly rather have the heavies + 4 two seaters, than no heavies and 6 two seaters. (FC 1 & 2 total).

But we may end up with the heavies + 6 two seaters anyway...

Time will tell !

13 hours ago, Aurora_Stealth said:

Well... this was unexpected.

aces-high.thumb.jpg.ab154f2b59ce4335dfa444eb277e0700.jpg

a little Xmas present from the team? 😄

Definitely looking forward to seeing new content for flying circus!

Any idea what type of jacket that is (the two guys on the right)?

1 hour ago, No105_Swoose said:

World War One is not my thing but very happy for those who enjoy Flying Circus and have been waiting a long time for this announcement.  Hope it will include a Single Player career mode for you.

@ShamrockOneFive Colin, any chance you'll write an article about this or be able to interview Jason?

I'd love to do another podcast Q&A with Jason! I have a few ideas on what we might cover. Obviously I'll wait and see what the bigger announcement looks like (and when it is) and then see what we can do. If things are too early in the process I can ask a bunch of questions that Jason may not be able to answer until they are further along... but I'm also excited to talk about IL-2 in 2021 and what new chapters we're going to be opening here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3
4 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

Any idea what type of jacket that is (the two guys on the right)?

Was going to say... some kind of Irvin flying jacket, but I don't think Irvin produced jackets till after WW1.

Some kind of 3/4 length black leather flying jacket, couldn't possibly say who produced them.

I don’t know about you guys and girls but for me it takes a lot more effort to get hits on those wood and wired crates than flying a WW2 machine, let alone take one down. I’m sooo looking forward to this coming expansion as each era of aviation comes with its own set of unique circumstances to overcome. With the WWI machines it seems quite a bit of my time in a fur-ball is just trying to avoid stalling the damn plane.

I think Patrick Wilson and myself would compliment each other perfectly in such a situation as just when you think you’ve seen a dumb maneuver - I’d always be there to top it. Just kidding Patrick about you - but NOT me.

Edited by BornToBattle

I'm excited to see this, really glad FC is getting some love. 

I'm kinda hoping however that the HP and Gotha (which is probably also coming) will be released as collector planes because as cool as they are the style of flying is just really not my thing. That way I could pick them up further down the road when they're on sale. I bought every plane in RoF and I barely flew the 2-engine crates. 

I'd prefer 2-seaters, I think they're much more relevant. 

I also hope that if they release the D.XII they don't put the BMW IIIa engine in it again, that was a mistake last time, it should be a D.IIIaü. 

I'm still kinda miffed about the SE5a being re-released with the wrong gun angels. 

I'd also really like to see a Bloody April time frame in FC, those planes are the most interesting to me. 

Now is the chance to give something/new to tehe fans, something they wanted since ROF days. And that wouldnt ask much of the dev resources.

Fokker DVII with DIIIau engine. 3D model is there, everything is there...

😁

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
  • Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Now is the chance to give something/new to tehe fans, something they wanted since ROF days. And that wouldnt ask much of the dev resources.

Fokker DVII with DIIIau engine. 3D model is there, everything is there...

I completely agree.

I have been thinking this since day 1.

Have a nice day.

:salute: