On 12/5/2020 at 9:17 AM, kotori87 said:

I really enjoy the big bombers. They've got a power and majesty to them that other planes just don't have. I remember many great evenings spent back in RoF with the New Wings, teaching people how to tame the infamous Gotha. Sometimes successful, sometimes not so much:

Of course, the Handley-Page was a more gentle giant. Can't wait to see these behemoths in VR.

Gotha and the Felixstowe are my favourites (here's a couple of old videos of mine):

• Like 2
On 12/9/2020 at 10:09 AM, Tyberan said:

I hope we get some float planes, Hansa brandenburgs W12 or W29, sub hunting etc. 

Yees !!!    That would be great: Hansa Brandenburg and Felixtowe Float planes with the chanel Map ...

But unfortunately single seat, single engine Fighters seems to have  first priority in Il-2 Grat Battles    😒

Cheers

Doc

Edited by Docholiday
4 hours ago, Motherbrain said:

Ohh, website and forum maintanace...

My wallet is ready to pre order. 😁

So I'm not the only one who is hoping for a few changes to the store page with this scheduled maintenance? Well, hope springs eternal does it not?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Avimimus said:

So I'm not the only one who is hoping for a few changes to the store page with this scheduled maintenance? Well, hope springs eternal does it not?

I hoping as well. It would be nice if they could designate what you have already purchased like on the RoF store page and distinguish between "Collector Planes" and "Premium Planes." 

The forum could use a revamped postscripts... there are currently 7 (FC2 would make 8). 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

It would be nice if they could designate what you have already purchased like on the RoF store page and distinguish between "Collector Planes" and "Premium Planes." 

You mean exactly like they show you in your Purchases tab here...

Capture.PNG

• Confused 1

And the tension and wonderment begin. What will the 10 crates be? Will there be a new map? How indepth will the Career be? Will 1C upgrade the DM? Will FC2 perpetuate this IL2 WWI franchise to greatness? Stay tuned and find out for yourself as the countdown begins!

5 Days!!!:popcorm:

LOL

S!Blade<><

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

What will the 10 crates be?

Judging by the way this forum works, it'll take no more than ten minutes after the announcement for someone to post 'irrefutable proof' that they are the wrong ones. And five minutes more before someone says that they should be making a B-17 instead. 

We are getting all too predictable here...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 3
5 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

I will be releasing more info about FC2 on the 15th along with opening Pre-Orders.

We have to do maintenance on the site and servers from time to time. Someday I hope to re-vamp the website etc. 

Jason

Are you intentionally opening the pre-order on pay-day, or is it just a coincidence?

Dang it Jason! That money is supposed to go towards my student loans!

2 hours ago, [CPT]milopugdog said:

Are you intentionally opening the pre-order on pay-day, or is it just a coincidence?

I get payed on the 10th, I'm ready have my wallet open, LET'S GO!

2 hours ago, [CPT]milopugdog said:

Bidens most likely in Office, so no worries, your student loans will be forgiven within the next 4 years at the longest.:rolleyes:

Remain Calm!

Keep Spending

Your Cash on

IL2!

;)

S!Blade<><

4 hours ago, AndyJWest said:

Judging by the way this forum works, it'll take no more than ten minutes after the announcement for someone to post 'irrefutable proof' that they are the wrong ones. And five minutes more before someone says that they should be making a B-17 instead. 

We are getting all too predictable here...

Its True GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, BladeMeister said:

Bidens most likely in Office, so no worries, your student loans will be forgiven within the next 4 years at the longest.:rolleyes:

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I'll just keep chipping away at it. Without getting too off topic... luckily I have money put away for VKB's throttles. I'll just spend that since they are in a limbo status currently. :coffee:

19 hours ago, KStyle said:

Gotha and the Felixstowe are my favourites (here's a couple of old videos of mine):

Remember that on take off with the Gotha you have to use ailerons to steer left/right, but then opposite of what you would think because of the huge adverse yaw!

2 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

Remember that on take off with the Gotha you have to use ailerons to steer left/right, but then opposite of what you would think because of the huge adverse yaw!

Yeah I'll have to get used to it again. It'll be interesting to see how it behaves with an updated flight model. The new ground model just shown recently might make landing in random spots on the map more treacherous than it was already.

The Tipsy-twirlie 'aces' can keep their 10% fuel Fokkers and Camels - Taking off and Landing in the Gotha was the truest test of skill Rise of Flight had to offer. I salute my fellow bomber pilots, may your suffering never be forgotten.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

I'm of the honest opinion that adverse yaw for steering on the ground was the only reason they put ailerons on the Gotha at all. They seem to perform no useful function to speak of in flight, since trying to roll with them required so much rudder that you were safer just using the rudder on its own, and keeping your rate of turn right down. With careful planning you could often arrange to have to turn through no more than 360° during the entire flight, and since you inevitably had an hour or so to do it, there really wasn't any need to make tight turns anyway. Zeppelins were almost as fast, just as manoeuvrable, climbed better, and only marginally more vulnerable to the whole 'dying in flames' thing. Probably only replaced because Gothas were cheaper. 

On the plus side, the view was good, and you had plenty of time to enjoy it...

15 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

I will be releasing more info about FC2 on the 15th along with opening Pre-Orders.

That's also going to be my last ever payday, as I retire at years end. Guess how I'm going to pass my time in the New Year?

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Elem said:

That's also going to be my last ever payday, as I retire at years end. Guess how I'm going to pass my time in the New Year?

:good:

Retirement is not a bad gig - not a bad gig at all.

3 hours ago, Luftschiff said:

The Tipsy-twirlie 'aces' can keep their 10% fuel Fokkers and Camels - Taking off and Landing in the Gotha was the truest test of skill Rise of Flight had to offer. I salute my fellow bomber pilots, may your suffering never be forgotten.

I'm still surprise how many players still think the Gotha was hard to land. I watched so many of them crash and burn, right next to me, online.

So many players never learned that you don't land the Gotha. You fly it down!

If you didn't ty to slow down before landing, the Gotha was a pussycat. Just keep the throttle forward and  fly it untill you have the wheels down. Only after that you cut throttle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Elem said:

Working 18 hours per day around the house on everything that you've been putting off fixing, repairing or remodeling during your career?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Bomber pilots?... all I know is that you are all going to die in flames... horribly!   :gamer:

No. Fighters in FC do not bother to climb. Flying at 12000 feet is the safest place to be

4 hours ago, Elem said:

In my trade retired people keep on working. I hope I got the sense to retire