Coming Soon...

Jason_Williams

21 minutes ago, 6FG_Big_Al said:

The waiting almost kills me! A cheeky question, could we hope for zepellins? It would be an ingenious addition and an epic feature for FC 2 that the good old RoF doesn't feature ;)

And seeing one of those behemoths in VR would be way past the cool factor!

• Like 2

So as mentioned already if indeed the logo for FC2 stands as a clue as to the next planes to be released, it shows three. So does this mean the Gotha for the other heavy or...?

We aren’t sure even if this is meant to show what will be released in fact and may be just representative silhouettes and not actually what will be developed for FC2 by the dev team. Jason’s known by us now to through a few curve balls during hinting at such things and dropping clues. The Morris code threw me off last time as I would have lost money on a bet that it was going to be a surprise announcement for the Pacific, though with this and the the graphic for FC2, I’d put money on it that indeed these are the three that will be released plus one other as yet to be named. Or perhaps just part of a bigger set as yet unknown.

Regardless, I still mis blipping my old Fokker E.III as sitting above that wing in VR would be such an experience...sigh. Perhaps in a later plane set.

Fun to speculate nonetheless! 

98FF913F-20C0-4795-B478-B3F964FCC470.jpeg

Edited by BornToBattle
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Now is the chance to give something/new to tehe fans, something they wanted since ROF days. And that wouldnt ask much of the dev resources.

Fokker DVII with DIIIau engine. 3D model is there, everything is there...

😁

Not that I disagree, but personally I would be more pleased with SSW D.III and Snipe 🙂

• Upvote 1

Just now, I./JG1_Baron said:

Not that I disagree, but personally I would be more pleased with SSW D.III and Snipe 🙂

While I want SSW scout badly, DIIIau engine for Fokker and Pfalz is a must! Seriously, after those long years and we still have no DIIIau engine?

• Upvote 1

I'm just so happy that we will finally have something that could be described as a heavy bomber in this sim....it's no B-17 by a long shot.......but I'll take it with glee.

23 minutes ago, BornToBattle said:

And seeing one of those behemoths in VR would be way past the cool factor!

Yep. For the cool factor add the zepelin and the 5 o'clock Taube.🤩

download.jpeg.dd3caa724cdbbaafef362a9670c68229.jpeg300px-Rumpler_Taube_monoplane.jpg.bac19fb8dd306c5bc663fe212b9d47da.jpg

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

While I want SSW scout badly, DIIIau engine for Fokker and Pfalz is a must! Seriously, after those long years and we still have no DIIIau engine?

I indeed do like the Pfalz. Used it quite a bit in ROF.

Zeppelins! I used to play a lot of WW1 stuff back in the day (like, Red Baron 3D back in the day), and balloon & zeppelin attacks were always the best. Now imagine doing that with a couple of friends, online, in VR? Hot dang.

• Upvote 2

I think the two biggest things for me to look forward to is...

One of course, the decision to continue with the series and the other as posted earlier in this thread which I originally missed...

D3AFA551-B890-4929-BF0B-9131997CFE77.jpeg

Edited by BornToBattle

1 hour ago, 6FG_Big_Al said:

The waiting almost kills me! A cheeky question, could we hope for zepellins? It would be an ingenious addition and an epic feature for FC 2 that the good old RoF doesn't feature ;)

It would require too much new code I think. We'll be quite lucky if we get one new aircraft (or engine variants e.g. a Sopwith Camel 'early'?).

However, I suspect we should feel lucky to get any more of the RoF aircraft converted to the improved engine or any new ground objects... these things existing at all shouldn't be taken for granted.

• Upvote 1

I'll be honest I'm not a big WW1 simmer like some of you guys on here, but I'll pick this up to support the amazing small dev team to keep them going. Flying this series in VR gives me gaming satisfaction I didn't think was possible a couple years ago!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

cardboard_killer
48 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

We'll be quite lucky if we get one new aircraft (or engine variants e.g. a Sopwith Camel 'early'?).

If we don't get many more than one a/c who would buy it at all?

While I will be content with just one of these categories for Volume 2, I desperately want the bombers, the seaplanes, and the early birds - the E.III, N.17 and the Halberstadt are my babies.❤️ 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jaws2002 said:

Yep. For the cool factor add the zepelin and the 5 o'clock Taube.🤩

download.jpeg.dd3caa724cdbbaafef362a9670c68229.jpeg300px-Rumpler_Taube_monoplane.jpg.bac19fb8dd306c5bc663fe212b9d47da.jpg

That plane always looked to me like the designer was inspired by Leonardo De Vinci.

1 hour ago, kestrel79 said:

I'll be honest I'm not a big WW1 simmer like some of you guys on here, but I'll pick this up to support the amazing small dev team to keep them going. Flying this series in VR gives me gaming satisfaction I didn't think was possible a couple years ago!

Friend, WW1 is extremely addictive ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, cardboard_killer said:

If we don't get many more than one a/c who would buy it at all?

There are a lot of engine and damage model improvements that we get... along with a better map compared to Rise of Flight? We're basically funding the porting of the existing content into the updated engine in hopes that they will benefit from ongoing development (e.g. improved AI, clouds)...

That said, it would be neat if there was some more unique content (e.g. two new aircraft) someday... FCIV would require one new aircraft (if they are doing ten per release). It'd be really lovely if an FCV was someday economically viable ...although, with ten new aircraft, it'd be quite a bit more expensive to develop.

• Upvote 1

I very highly doubt there will be any new planes coming to FC2 (or a hypothetical FC3, for that matter) that don't already exist in Rise of Flight. 

• Upvote 3

cardboard_killer

You guys are talking about a/c not already in RoF, or are you talking about new to FC a/c? You need to make some kind of distinction between the two if you want new-not-in-RoF a/c.

49 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

I very highly doubt there will be any new planes coming to FC2 (or a hypothetical FC3, for that matter) that don't already exist in Rise of Flight. 

Well, I wouldn't mind seeing a Sopwith Snipe and/or a BE 2c in FC2, but I highly doubt we'll get Zeppelins until seaplanes like the Felixstowe F2A and the Brandenburg W12 are added.

52 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Yeah... I'm hoping that they'll include two completely new ones in order to entice RoF owners to upgrade - it would seem to be good marketing sense (and I hope it would be worth the cost and increase the viability of the product)... however, I agree with your assessment about what is likely.

Rise of Flight has 39 aircraft in it (and they could easily do an engine variant if they wanted a round '40') so they wouldn't have to create a new aircraft until after FCIV... with the announcement of FCI Jason did suggest that enough success in this series could lead to a new aircraft... so there is a little bit of hope for an FCV (or collector planes) if sales continue to increase... but I wouldn't expect it right away. Mind you, it is fun to think about!

Unless Jason informs us when FC2 is properly announced that there will be 'new' previously unseen content, I think we can expect to only see content that was in RoF.

I'm pretty sure that was always going to be the deal right from the start.

• Upvote 6

True, but i still hope for at least some variation of the engines (like the Diiiau) and not just only new map and reworked rof planes. I will still but it for sure, but something new would be nice.

As much as I love lighter then air aviation, I highly doubt we are ever going to see one in Il2, even as AI.

LZ-66_Zeppelin.jpg.f1f1e508710121aeb7ae09230330d133.jpg

You think the devs would have a hard time putting together a four engine heavy bomber, imagine a five engined one the size of a football field with complicated buoyancy physics. 😄

I would pay $80 for a P-class in a heartbeat though. Just saying. 😉

Edited by Motherbrain
  • Like 4

[=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther
31 minutes ago, Motherbrain said:

As much as I love lighter then air aviation, I highly doubt we are ever going to see one in Il2, even as AI.

LZ-66_Zeppelin.jpg.f1f1e508710121aeb7ae09230330d133.jpg

You think the devs would have a hard time putting together a four engine heavy bomber, imagine a five engined one the size of a football field with complicated buoyancy physics. 😄

I would pay $80 for a P-class in a heartbeat though. Just saying. 😉

I was under the impression that it wasn't the engines, but rather the exponential number of gunner positions that needed to be modeled that took a lot of time and resources. However, I can see how the physics might be demanding to model. 

28 minutes ago, [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

I was under the impression that it wasn't the engines, but rather the exponential number of gunner positions that needed to be modeled that took a lot of time and resources.

I believe you are correct in that assessment, it's a common misnomer that perpetuates on this forum that the number of engines is the problem. 

Apart from the fact that it would be an enormous flying object, I can't see much of a problem with the physics of it, after all it does everything in slow motion.

A bigger problem is who's going to bother flying it after a couple of curiosity flights. A return trip to bomb London took all night.

My grandmother saw one shot down over London.

I see this beast creating a fantastic context for awesome multiplayer dogfights, not to mention some really great career missions.

Actually we've almost seen it, in a previous wonderful ROF mod. It was fun already.

P.S.: In the hard to imagine scenario that the devs WON'T have time for this, I'll be pleased enough with the Sopwith Pup for FC3. Love the Pup ❤️. Thank you.

Edited by J2_Bidu
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

I was under the impression that it wasn't the engines, but rather the exponential number of gunner positions that needed to be modeled that took a lot of time and resources. However, I can see how the physics might be demanding to model. 

You would have to model the interiors of all the cars. The MG nests on its back wouldn't be too hard I'd imagine. It's just a small deck with maybe some ammo boxes.

However you'd also have to model all the break points along the hull and thus small portions of its interior. Not to mention... new burning effects. 😁

Also don't forget you may also have to implement some kind of ground handling system depending on how realistic you want you take off and landings to be. Maybe even depicting individual people holding mooring lines. That would be tricky too if they did that.

Maybe someday as AI only. If it was playable though I'd sure be a happy camper.

5 hours ago, 216th_Cat said:

A bigger problem is who's going to bother flying it after a couple of curiosity flights. A return trip to bomb London took all night.

I mean, 60-70 mph isn't much slower then the Fokker E.3 or Felixstowe and people seem to enjoy those. Also speed isn't the only factor that determines if people would enjoy it or not. Besides, the maps in Il2 aren't nearly as large as a full zeppelin raid from Germany to London.

If people can spend three hours making trans oceanic flights in MSFS, I'm sure people would be down for spending a couple flying a raid in Il2.

Edited by Motherbrain

17 minutes ago, Motherbrain said:

If people can spend three hours making trans oceanic flights in MSFS, I'm sure people would be down for spending a couple flying a raid in Il2.

Not to make it commercially viable, not by a long shot. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Motherbrain said:

I mean, 60-70 mph isn't much slower then the Fokker E.3 or Felixstowe and people seem to enjoy those. Also speed isn't the only factor that determines if people would enjoy it or not. Besides, the maps in Il2 aren't nearly as large as a full zeppelin raid from Germany to London.

I have fond memories of the Gotha raids on Felixstowe area, and back. ☺️ Well, not always back. 💀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Not to make it commercially viable, not by a long shot. 

Not without coding a time skip function anyway... for some of us even a 15 minute mission is a bit long and it is important to cater to a wide variety of players if one wants to turn a profit.

That said... it'd be interesting as an AI object in some distant future... we can dream about it... maybe sometime after 2025?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

That said... it'd be interesting as an AI object in some distant future... we can dream about it... maybe sometime after 2025?

I'm always interested in broad-sides-of-barns for me to shoot at. Especially when they, just for fun, are full of explosive gas.

Edited by 40plus
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 40plus said:

I'm always interested in broad-sides-of-barns for me to shoot at. Especially when they, just for fun, are full of explosive gas.

I want to bomb one from a Morane-Salunier L :)

• Jason_Williams unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Jason_Williams locked this topic