HP Reverb Second Generation 2020

I have been running IL-2 today with Motion Smoothing forced on in Steam VR.

Getting good results with some really high graphics settings, running at 100% resolution for the G2 it is gorgeous.

Going to stick with this a bit and see how I like it overall after a few hours.

May end up next lowering the resolution a bit from 100% and going back to auto on Motion Smoothing to see how I like that, will try another day.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, dburne said:

I have been running IL-2 today with Motion Smoothing forced on in Steam VR.

Getting good results with some really high graphics settings, running at 100% resolution for the G2 it is gorgeous.

Going to stick with this a bit and see how I like it overall after a few hours.

May end up next lowering the resolution a bit from 100% and going back to auto on Motion Smoothing to see how I like that, will try another day.

If not to much to ask, could you post ingame settings you're testing it on?

Just had a fantastic PWCG Campaign Mission that ended up with a bunch of aircraft in quite the furball.

I got 6 kills myself - no issue it remained at my locked reprojection of 45 fps and no real stutter issues.

I think I am liking this setting. Of course reprojection is a very subjective thing in how individuals see it, so what is good for one may not be as good for another.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dburne said:

100% Steam VR for Reverb G2 = 3172x3100

9Kjm0b2.jpg

Nice and all that in SP, maybe i will be more than fine in MP!

Just collecting info until my G2 and 3080 arrives.....your data could save me some time testing.

Thnx again!

Edited by =VARP=Ribbon
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

Nice and all that in SP, maybe i will be more than fine in MP!

Just collecting info until my G2 and 3080 arrives.....your data could save me some time testing.

Thnx again!

You are most welcome!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dburne said:

I got 6 kills myself - no issue it remained at my locked reprojection of 45 fps and no real stutter issues.

I haven't tried this yet because I have been waiting to get VR prescription lenses before doing any setting changes.  But, are you getting any "ghosting images" with a/c passing to the side?  That was always my concern with reprojection.  Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Varibraun said:

I haven't tried this yet because I have been waiting to get VR prescription lenses before doing any setting changes.  But, are you getting any "ghosting images" with a/c passing to the side?  That was always my concern with reprojection.  Thanks!

Maybe a little on occasion. I am not going to say I never do, but it is obviously not enough to bother me.

However again I will say, I do not have my full eyesight any longer so others may notice things a little more than I.

In my experience I actually find Steam Motion Smoothing with the G2 a little better than Oculus ASW.

I will say, I have well over 100 hours in with my Reverb G2 in various types of games and I have been very pleased overall.

Edited by dburne
  • Thanks 2
On 12/9/2020 at 4:37 PM, Varibraun said:

Occasionally maybe a little, not like I was getting with Oculus ASW though. Certainly not enough to bother me.

I am getting along fine with Steam VR Motion Smoothing so far.

• Like 1

Update. I've been informed I won't receive my replacement until the 21st+ of Jan.  Really awesome I rushed to be one of the first preorders to get stuck in the back of the line with a defective unit. At least my CM3 throttle will be shipping around that time..

1 hour ago, VR-DriftaholiC said:

Update. I've been informed I won't receive my replacement until the 21st+ of Jan.  Really awesome I rushed to be one of the first preorders to get stuck in the back of the line with a defective unit. At least my CM3 throttle will be shipping around that time..

How did you get in touch with HP? Or did you approach your retailer? Do you need to send your headset back first?

Thanks. 

Edited by ACG_Mephisto
On 12/18/2020 at 12:33 AM, ACG_Mephisto said:

How did you get in touch with HP? Or did you approach your retailer? Do you need to send your headset back first?

Thanks. 

Started the RMA process by phone with HP. I give them credit for quickly shipping a box to send the headset in for repairs at no cost to me. It's unfortunate that the return time is spoiling my experience. 

Edited by VR-DriftaholiC