DetCord12B

[MOD] Achtung Panzer!

Posted (edited)

XevvXJz.png

This mod aims to bring a bit of historical realism and some immersion aspects to Tank Crew by adding alternate field camouflage patterns, unit descriptions, historical uniforms, dirty AFV's, grimy/muddy tracks, and some minor additions to the Tiger and Panther internals. It should be noted that the mod is still a WIP and missing the RKKA (Soviet) uniforms, vehicle textures and their associated assets as well as some normal and alpha maps that haven't been updated. These will be added down the line. I simply thought it best to release it as is following so many delays.

CURRENT FEATURES

Depicting Operation Polkovodets Rumyantsev or the Belgorod-Kharkov Offensive.

New Uniforms:

• Heer - Großdeutschland Panzer Wrap.
  • Waffen SS - Das Reich P43 Panzer Wrap.
  • Waffen SS - Das Reich Panzer Wrap (inc. by default).
  • Vanilla wool gloves replaced by the issued leather variant.

Armored Fighting Vehicles:

• Two new Tiger camo patterns for Das Reich (N.S23, N.S24).
  • Three new Panther camo patterns for Großdeutschland (N.322, N.231) including one winter variant.

Dirty Vehicles and Tracks:

• Tiger and Panther have increased wear, dirt, and grime.
  • All TC vehicle tracks have been updated to make them appear muddy (inc. new normal maps).

Additional or Minor Features:

• Tiger and Panther internal graffiti.
  • New vehicle previews that depict the camo pattern selected.
  • New or updated vehicle historical backgrounds further detailing their deployment and AO.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

rcjlLCs.png

ACNntdE.png

jTBCBpF.png

Fss1NK4.png

uxk1p7x.png

CONTRIBUTORS

Russian Translation @Lofte

Spanish Translation @E69_julian57

Installation:

Drop into your mod folder and enable via a mod manager of your choice. To install either the P43 or the Großdeutschland Panzer Wraps, open the zip file of the uniform you want and drag the data folder into the Achtung Panzer! mod folder, overwrite when prompted. The W-SS Das Reich Panzer Wrap Backup.zip is what it says, a backup. This uniform is already included in the mod itself and is provided should you fail to backup the original uniform.

Please report any issues encountered be they bugs, texture problems, etc.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by DetCord12B
Uniform Description Update
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 18
  • Upvote 3

Wow! Quite a few Tc players have been waiting for this-Tanks a lot!

z-185-l-german-panzer-crew_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Any option to get this mod working without the need to turn on "mods"? Or at least the skins?

Posted (edited)

@ Everyone

Like I previously stated, if you come across any errors let me know.

3 hours ago, VSN_Razor said:

Any option to get this mod working without the need to turn on "mods"? Or at least the skins?

You can pull the AFV textures out and use those by dropping them into the correct skins folder. However, you might have to rename them (eg. pzvd_322&1#1 to pzvd_test&1#1 etc). As for everything else, no. Anything that replaces an existing... thing... requires mods to be on as its overwriting/replacing the existing files and or file structure.

EDIT - If you want, and if anyone else wants, I could make the camo schemes available as a separate download should you not want to use the mod?

Edited by DetCord12B

It was worth waiting for this awesome work!

Thank you so much DetCord12B

Take care

Jef

Fantastic! Thank you so much for spending a lot of time for making us a awesome mod!

Its incredible.

S!

Excellent. Thank you very much Detcord. 😃

Clipboard-1.jpg.247c24017ac750083bb0943c09f67f6d.jpg

Hi DetCord, firstly thank you for the wonderful skins. I have an issue, I have applied the mod as per the instructions but can not select the custom skins in game for the Panther. They don't appear in the list.

jeff

Great job Det! Amazing work as usual :)

19 hours ago, murkz said:

Clipboard-1.jpg.247c24017ac750083bb0943c09f67f6d.jpg

Hi DetCord, firstly thank you for the wonderful skins. I have an issue, I have applied the mod as per the instructions but can not select the custom skins in game for the Panther. They don't appear in the list.

jeff

So you're not seeing this screen after enabling the mod?

EVWDeg6.png

• Like 1

I apologise for my stupidity, I never thought to look under official, thank you again DetCord.

Truly amazing! Thank you DetCord for the hard work you put into this. It really shows. The game is much more enjoyable with your GD panzers on the loose lol!

My intention was to provide piecemeal updates as a go but that just isn't feasible. It makes no sense to force a series of patches on you, the user, unless they're substantial. Therefore, I'm holding off on various alpha and normal map updates, translation and texture fixes etc, until the RKKA textures and uniforms are done. This will ensure a cumulative update/patching service as opposed to drawing it out into half a dozen unnecessary files.

For those of you that have already downloaded the mod please advertise it. Post screenshots, videos, AAR's whatever it is that you do or want to do via these forums, reddit, or elsewhere. Keeps me motivated to continue working on it.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tried this out last night and have to say DetCord12B it is a truly excellent mod, thank you very much, really appreciated.:drinks:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

1. Download JSGME (Jones Generic Mod Enabler)

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml

2. Unzip JSGME to your main BOS folder...

3. Run JSGME.exe that was placed in that folder. (You can right click the JSGME exe icon, and place a shortcut to your desktop for easy access.)

4. JSGME will start and a screen will display.

5. Now close JSGME. This sets up the proper location for the JSGME MODs folder for your BOS install.

6. JSGME is now properly installed.

Now for your MODs that work with JSGME....

1. Download desired MOD zip file or files

2. Unzip your selected mod to the MOD folder that JSGME set up in the BOS main directory.....

3. Start JSGME....a new screen will open.

4. On the left side of the JSGME screen will be the list of MODs you have available.

5. Move the MOD you want to the right side of the JSGME screen. JSGME will install it.

6. Close JSGME

7. Start BOS and your selected MODs will be available.

Courtesy of Castortroy in the other forum

• Thanks 1

Just wondering, what was the official name of that camo uniform? All but one of the SS tank crew camo uniform photos I've found show the entire jacket being camo, including the collars. The exception I found seems to have the same black collars as your version, so I'm guessing an earlier variant?

Superb work, regardless!

Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2020 at 12:23 PM, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

Just wondering, what was the official name of that camo uniform? All but one of the SS tank crew camo uniform photos I've found show the entire jacket being camo, including the collars. The exception I found seems to have the same black collars as your version, so I'm guessing an earlier variant?

Superb work, regardless!

It differs per unit, date, issuance, manufacturer, design, supply and a variety of other facets. As and example, the Waffen SS campaigns in Poland saw various camo patterns utilized and said patterns were in near constant flux as the war progressed. This wasn't the case with Heer elements and their late-war camouflage uniforms and smocks for obvious reasons, that being corruption and backhand deals the SS was so accustomed to with regards to manufacturing and of course nepotism.

The Eichenlaubmuster/Beringtes Eichenlaubmuster/Platanenmuster/and the other early Pea Dot patterns appeared throughout the war, some of which were never named. As for the collars it seems to vary. There's evidence that the black collar remained for certain Waffen SS units (eg. 12. SS-Panzerdivision Hitlerjugend) all the way to the end of the war, others say the kragen style ceased after Zitadelle. No one seems to know.

Edited by DetCord12B
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Apparently I was wrong, to an extent at least. But wow on the f#$kin' history....

I put out a few feelers concerning this topic on several boards (warrelics.eu and feldgrau) following @[Pb]Cybermat47 question in an attempt to get a bit more historical context and to determine if my information was correct or not. As it turns out, that the black collar over (insert camo-pattern) tended to be a senior enlisted or officer specific custom, tailor-made request. Said requests were a thing (if you had the money) prior to the collapse of the Eastern Front.

SS-Bekleidungswerke in Lubin, a Polish/Jewish slave labor manufacturer for Reich uniforms and accessories to have received, processed, and produced near 800 uniforms like the one depicted in this mod. The custom black collar tended to be a status symbol, something separating SS-Pz crews from other crews and even from other W-SS units themselves. The custom tailoring ended prior to Kursk when it became obvious that Germany was no longer on the offensive and when resources were diverted elsewhere.

However, almost thousand uniforms were manufactured, regardless of them being out of regulation at the time they were shipped back to Germany to the units that had requested them months and even years prior. This is why you see examples of this uniform from Das Reich in early '43 to Hohenstaufen in late '45.

• Upvote 2

On 3/26/2020 at 8:04 PM, DetCord12B said:

Please report any issues encountered be they bugs, texture problems, etc.

It is written Boleschevik Sargmacher, but is misspelled. It should rather say something like Bolschewik Sargmacher. If it is supposed to be slang then maybe ok, as they are Bolschewiki. But the sentence is wrong grammatically as well.

But has that ever been written on a German Tank? As it is not in cyrillic I suppose so.

In German, this comes across rather odd. The correct adjective is „bolschewikisch“, hence a coorrect phrase would be:

Bolschewikischer Sargmacher

This would mean that he himself is a Russki, and he produces coffins. For whoever. In a Russian tank, that would work. But if it is written on a German cannon, shouldn‘t it have the opposite meaning? You could say:

Bolschewiken Einsarger

If we were to keep the radical „coffin“ (Sarg) and the meaning that he is putting bolsheviks in coffins. (Einsarger is less common for Bestatter = undertaker)

I‘m sure linguists didn‘t prosper much in or around the W-SS, but as it is written now, it is really odd.

Other than, that, great work, just wow!!

• Upvote 1

Sounds really nice 

On 4/18/2020 at 1:21 AM, ZachariasX said:

It is written Boleschevik Sargmacher, but is misspelled. It should rather say something like Bolschewik Sargmacher. If it is supposed to be slang then maybe ok, as they are Bolschewiki. But the sentence is wrong grammatically as well.

But has that ever been written on a German Tank? As it is not in cyrillic I suppose so.

In German, this comes across rather odd. The correct adjective is „bolschewikisch“, hence a coorrect phrase would be:

Bolschewikischer Sargmacher

This would mean that he himself is a Russki, and he produces coffins. For whoever. In a Russian tank, that would work. But if it is written on a German cannon, shouldn‘t it have the opposite meaning? You could say:

Bolschewiken Einsarger

If we were to keep the radical „coffin“ (Sarg) and the meaning that he is putting bolsheviks in coffins. (Einsarger is less common for Bestatter = undertaker)

I‘m sure linguists didn‘t prosper much in or around the W-SS, but as it is written now, it is really odd.

Other than, that, great work, just wow!!

Although the translation came from a native German speaker, this post has me scratching my head.

Many thanks for the in-depth explanation. I'll add it to the next update.

2 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

Although the translation came from a native German speaker, this post has me scratching my head.

Many thanks for the in-depth explanation. I'll add it to the next update.

It‘s not straightforward to port over the humor if you adhere to the original (english?) sentece structure. If you do, it often gets weird. But done correctly, it should read as I wrote it.

For the update if you are changing it, I suggest that one connects the words to include the descriptive part in the noun, something the German language is famous for (in German you write ˋtrafficcopˋ for an official handing out traffic fines) then you get:

Bolschewikeneinsarger

or

Bolschwikenbestatter

I would put the latter on the cannon as it probably would be a more common selection.

For tags on tanks/airctaft/things, it is of note that German humor (there is such a thing!) does not align well with what is cool in English.

As a rule of the thumb, there are no biblical references, ever. „Fork tailed devil“ is an American label, the Germans wouldn‘t come up with such, ever. The only one openly takling about God or devil in Germany is the priest. What they would use are references to often bureaucratic or social formalities or medical conditions, hence things that are rarely glorifying. For example, a statwhore just had „a sore throat“, as he was out for personal kills to earn himself the Iron cross around his neck, the scarf that would mend his pain.

Of great importance is that you can be creative by mixing a noun with one or several descriptors to make up a specific word.

Bolschewikenbestatter I think would work well in such a case. Better a single noun that the truncated sentence. It would be my selection.