One day I'd like this

At the moment, I'll settle for this.......with apologies to Rod Stewart, the US Navy, etcūüėé

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

One day I'd like this

Edit; disregard, got my Ark Royals mixed up.

Edited by Dijital_Majik

Just now, Dijital_Majik said:

Razbam are making an Invincible Class, aren't they?

Are they?  Great, I didn't know that:salute:

I wonder where they'll be going in the future?  I presume an F15 to DCS standard with all the bells and whistles?  I'd really like some sixties, cold-war heavy metal.  

Anyone for an F4 Phantom to made to Tomcat standards?:)

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

I wonder where they'll be going in the future?  I presume an F15 to DCS standard with all the bells and whistles?  I'd really like some sixties, cold-war heavy metal.  

They have images up on this page, my Naval knowledge isn't the best, and I've been gettng conflicting info, but that is an Invincible near the middle, is it not?

https://razbamsimulations.com/index.php/dcs/south-atlantic-terrain-project

Also, yes they're making an F-15E, which I think they're aiming to get into early access this year.  If ED decide to unshelve the F4E project, or allow another dev to take it on, and make a naval version to go with it, that would be incredible (once out of early access of course ;))

Edited by Dijital_Majik

59 minutes ago, Dijital_Majik said:

They have images up on this page, my Naval knowledge isn't the best, and I've been gettng conflicting info, but that is an Invincible near the middle, is it not?

https://razbamsimulations.com/index.php/dcs/south-atlantic-terrain-project

SUNSTAG is involved in the South Atlantic map heralding a potentially radical new direction for Razbum..

...one where they actually interact with their customers..

On 6/8/2020 at 11:50 PM, DD_fruitbat said:

f00DesktopScreenshot202.jpg

Cant help but think those three dudes on the right edge of the deck are talking about you......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

My dad flew Phantoms off of ark royal. I’d probably give my left testicle for an F4. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

At the moment, I'll settle for this.......with apologies to Rod Stewart, the US Navy, etcūüėé

I am f***ing impressed cool landing. I been so busy trying to like the F 18 and adoring the F 14 I totally forgot about the Harrier

3 minutes ago, Hoots said:

My dad flew Phantoms off of ark royal. I’d probably give my left testicle for an F4. 

Well I take it you got the kids you need

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

I am f***ing impressed cool landing. I been so busy trying to like the F 18 and adoring the F 14 I totally forgot about the Harrier

Well I take it you got the kids you need

The thought of anymore is terrifying... :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hoots said:

My dad flew Phantoms off of ark royal. 

Cor,  you've got to have bigguns to contemplate landing something the size and weight of a Phantom onto the Ark Royal.  I've been on Hermes and Illustrious when they've been operating Harriers and I've overflown the Nimitz.

Uncle Sam had the equivalent of four floating football pitches while we operated out of an allotment! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Cor,  you've got to have bigguns to contemplate landing something the size and weight of a Phantom onto the Ark Royal.  I've been on Hermes and Illustrious when they've been operating Harriers and I've overflown the Nimitz.

Uncle Sam had the equivalent of four floating football pitches while we operated out of an allotment! 

I get the impression it was very much a love/hate relationship...

S! 

Seems ED released information of Syria map by Ugra Media. Got an email about it. And bought the P47D yesterday, a nice plane to fly. Cockpit is amazing. 

8 hours ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S! 

Seems ED released information of Syria map by Ugra Media. Got an email about it. And bought the P47D yesterday, a nice plane to fly. Cockpit is amazing. 

Because of the covers over the bomb switches I decided to utilize the clickpit. 
And this is the first ww 2 plane I bothered. 
it is so cool and good looking. Same quality as Tomcat but as a warbird very good looking. 
P 47 has been my only flying the past week. Bombing trains mostly

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/9/2020 at 2:11 PM, DD_Arthur said:

Quick question; I‚Äôve been trying to populate my super carrier with static objects in the mission builder but none of them actually appear in the missionūü§Ē Is it actually possible to do this at the moment? I‚Äôm a novice DCS mission builder so it‚Äôs quite possible that the problem is between my ears!

Start here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309905/ en don't forget to watch the video. 

Edited by claw

Oh, looks like another map is on the way soon. :biggrin: Another "the second it's available" purchase.

They say it will cover from Turkey down to Israel, and it's supposed to have crapton of detail.

dcs-world-syria-damascus.jpg?w=1024

19 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Oh, looks like another map is on the way soon. :biggrin: Another "the second it's available" purchase.

They say it will cover from Turkey down to Israel, and it's supposed to have crapton of detail.

dcs-world-syria-damascus.jpg?w=1024

Ugra Media .....circumspect curiousity is my first reaction. 

33 minutes ago, BOO said:

Ugra Media .....circumspect curiousity is my first reaction. 

Have they screwed the pooch before?

21 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Have they screwed the pooch before?

They did the Normandy map, which on release was not amazing at all, although has improved massively since release.

• Upvote 1

Didn't know that. Thanks.

The first time I bought the Normandy map (on Steam) I returned it minutes later. It was horrible. Bought it again when I heard they fixed it, and yes it's much better now.

I wonder if Ugra got Syria right, or close to right?

2 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Didn't know that. Thanks.

The first time I bought the Normandy map (on Steam) I returned it minutes later. It was horrible. Bought it again when I heard they fixed it, and yes it's much better now.

I wonder if Ugra got Syria right, or close to right?

Well, one would hope they have learned from there mistakes, and of course they now have the experience of one map under there belt and what that entailed. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DD_fruitbat said:

Well, one would hope they have learned from there mistakes, and of course they now have the experience of one map under there belt and what that entailed. 

Their Syria map will be directly compared to the Channel map, they have to know that.

Did the Channel Map performance improve any in that last update?

34 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Their Syria map will be directly compared to the Channel map, they have to know that.

Normandy has improved a lot but its still far from perfect (what is). But it took 4 years and likely a lot of that, when it happened, was to do with ED given Normandy was the supposed playground for their WW2 stuff. I dunno for sure but i think the map was salvaged by Ugra on behalf of ED who in turn salvaged it from a failed kickstarter (?) as opposed to being made from scratch so i dont think its fair to pin it all on Ugra. In fact i would go as far as to say it was probably nothing in the control of Ugra. 

No,  the reason i am cautious is the total (and i do mean total) lack of interaction with the community on the dcs forum despite having their own thread for the past 4 years. Not even a "please direct your concerns to ED". It may be a different case on the Rusian fourums but im not russian and neither are my quids. Call me old fashioned but if you take my english groats, make some effort to communicate to me in my english tongue instead of expecting me to learn cryllic. ED is as guilty here with endless non commital replies so, again im not pinning it all on Ugra.  

We already see the appararent lack of pressure ED can put on its 3rd party devs (Razbam, VEAO) and the endless buggeration updates cause them even when they are on good terms. If every dev was Heatblur id feel happier but sadly they are not. I wish them the best (and hope its a version of PG tech) but am prepared for the worst when it comes to bug fixes.  

2 minutes ago, dburne said:

Dunno - did they take the washing in? 

• Upvote 2

More interested in the free Marianns map, to be honest.

I feel like I have already shoved enough ca$h down ED's throat and they're not really fast in delivering airplanes and maps.

Effing around with the functionality of systems throughout the pre-release time doesn't really improve the customer experience either...

12 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

I feel like I have already shoved enough ca$h down ED's throat and they're not really fast in delivering airplanes and maps.

Effing around with the functionality of systems throughout the pre-release time doesn't really improve the customer experience either...

In a funny sort of way you do have to admire the dedication to realism they take in managing to mimick realworld military development programmes in order

to bring us half baked stuff behind schedule and way over the budgets we orignally anticipated we would need to just run em... ūüôā

Still noone else is doing it so I guess I should grateful for what i do get.

• Like 1

Finally got around to trying the P47 today, its not a plane I have ever had a particular affection for, have always preferred the 51 at airshows and in sims. 

Got to say, I really like it!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dburne said:

I have turned up settings a bit. I have not yet noticed improvemenys. But mine was smooth before update. 
so I am in process of tweaking up the graphics to find out

2 hours ago, DD_fruitbat said:

Finally got around to trying the P47 today, its not a plane I have ever had a particular affection for, have always preferred the 51 at airshows and in sims. 

Got to say, I really like it!

Was i the only one shouting 7 FT PROP!! at the end? 

It looks very nice as does the map but i fear my pc wouldnt turn the crank on it.  And i couldnt live with medium or low settings. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

Have to agree with you there.  I've commited to not purchasing anything more from them until they get a hold of their situation that seems to be deteriorating by the day.  They have a lot of tech-debt to catch up on, both module and core game-wise before they gain back my trust to invest any more money.

In the meantime, I'm happy to enjoy what I have so far (as long as it doesn't get broken)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Anyone who flies dcs and GB can you say how spotting contacts compares? 

thx

9 minutes ago, Tycoon said:

Anyone who flies dcs and GB can you say how spotting contacts compares? 

thx

I find spotting much more difficult in DCS.

As far as WWII A2A goes, I think IL2 wins buy a mile.

• Upvote 1

I find spotting ground targets much more realistic in DCS and better. For a 2 a it is when you spot them you do not loose them stable. But I find spotting distance close to each other and DCS got these clear pixels while gb have this smooth edges difficult to spot. I would not say better at distance but more stable

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

I find spotting ground targets much more realistic in DCS and better.

I was just speaking to A2A spotting before. I much prefer IL2 in A2A.

I like the DCS ground spotting. But I like it in IL2 as well. The DCS maps are more realistic and the ground objects more detailed and maybe that just makes ground pounding more fun. In IL2 - notwithstanding its more "cartoonish" maps and objects - you do get great FPS which makes hunting ground objects amongst the clutter pretty smooth in it's own way.

Posted (edited)

Honestly. A 2 A suck in both games. The rendering in target objects in gb flying at 5 k is aweful. You aim at the target and right over it perfectly new complete buildings suddenly turn into bombed structures.  
It is very frustrating considering you spent an hour climbing and getting there. 
I now ditched multiplayer in all sims. The gameplay endorsed by the many is 

like I rather choose counterstrike

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte

Thanks for the replies, I've got 16 gig ram with a 1070. will that do it for 1440p? I don't mind doing low settings.  Is the beta thing still going on or is there just one version now?

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Tycoon said:

Thanks for the replies, I've got 16 gig ram with a 1070. will that do it for 1440p? I don't mind doing low settings.  Is the beta thing still going on or is there just one version now?

Thanks.

I think most people play open Beta.  I only have that one installed.

2 hours ago, Tycoon said:

Thanks.

Don't know about 1440p but you'll get 1080p pretty good.

Open Beta for me.

Yeah I think most play the Open Beta also. Some have both Open Beta and Stable installed. I used to myself but found I never really used Stable, so when I built this new rig 

last year I only installed the Beta.

Just be aware, whilst it is cool to get some of the new features sooner, you also can get some of the new bugs sooner...

2 hours ago, Tycoon said:

Thanks.

Open beta is where most servers are for MP.  Just realise that the Beta and Stable names aren't really indicitive of what you expect compared to other games' use of the terms.  Stable is not really "stable", but more like a delayed,  Open Beta push, with sometimes some serious bugs still present.  Open Beta can be more like an alpha sometimes, with new updates occasionally breaking seemingly unreated things, but is usually updated very frequently to sort out the more egregious issues.  Take that for what you will.

Anyway, the base game is free, no harm in installing, having a play with graphics settings to see if it works on your computer, and get a feel for things with the free planes and missions.

No peddles = no choppers for me but the Harrier is still great fun!

• Upvote 1