Han

Game version 4.001 discussion: Battle of Bodenplatte and Flying Circus Officially Released! Tank Crew Campaigns released!

Man this is all sounding so good, I swore I would finish another project I started before resuming my IL-2 play and this is making it

more and more difficult for me to hold to that I tell ya.

Really looking forward to getting back into a career along with PWCG.

9 hours ago, Valkyrie77 said:

still very difficult to see contacts. 

First ..

Great Job  Devs !  Thank you all

What your small Team is giving us is amazing. Especially the new clouds - the extreme ones- are my favourite.

In  Xplane 11 i have to pay 70 Dollars for the DLC  Xenviro to get those amazing Clouds.  THX 

and   Valkyrie77…   this is the same as in real life. 

At Hangar 10 Display Usedom autumn 2019 i had  the oppotunity to follow a pair of BF 109 and a Spit and Mustang from  the Tower . Believe me far 1,5 to 2 km i cannot differ the planes and have great difficulties to see them far by 4 km.  The airtraffic Controller gave me hints at the grounds to estimate the distance to the planes... and Keep in mind it is not a Cessna 172  .. Speed is above 400 km/h.  Horrido

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Roger_Meatball said:

Anybody else find the "buy" button on the B25??

IMG_20191108_002624.jpg

Yep i have that as well and it brings to web page of collector planes sadly there is no B 25

2 minutes ago, Papa_Bear said:

Yep i have that as well and it brings to web page of collector planes sadly there is no B 25

It's AI only................. so it's free.................... 

Edited by 361st_Hoss
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Today was my first chance to try the upgrade. Very, very nice indeed! I even found an observation balloon near Arras. What a nice surprise. Thanks Devs. Great work. 

1 minute ago, 361st_Hoss said:

It's AI only................. so it's free.................... 

i am well aware what it is and all story about b25 in game. I just saying that there is button in game in new carer as locked squadron plane with all other player planes

1 minute ago, Papa_Bear said:

i am well aware what it is and all story about b25 in game. I just saying that there is button in game in new carer as locked squadron plane with all other player planes

There was/is speculation that it might become a collector once flyable by player. I guess that is the first hint to that.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Snowy said:

Today was my first chance to try the upgrade. Very, very nice indeed! I even found an observation balloon near Arras. What a nice surprise. Thanks Devs. Great work. 

Me too, but a German one :)

Thank you very much! Excellent update!

Please, also have a look at these MP Bugs to get rid off. The invisible clientside artillery units are a pita right now.

Thank you again!

• Upvote 1

There is something with AI and ground, we were covering ground with tempests and friendly spits. Everyone were just circling and i noticed 3 spits hit The deck almost simultaneously. Hotfix seems to help The ground attack a little, now after long and boring circling i finally got My team to shoot trucks with cannons. They shoot like Stewie Wonder tho.

Sorry If i seem to complain, i dont wanna sound like that, i hope that i can help with showing these bugs. 

IMG_20191108_193651.jpg

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, henri290 said:

There is something with AI and ground, we were covering ground with tempests and friendly spits. Everyone were just circling and i noticed 3 spits hit The deck almost simultaneously. Hotfix seems to help The ground attack a little, now after long and boring circling i finally got My team to shoot trucks with cannons. They shoot like Stewie Wonder tho.

Sorry If i seem to complain, i dont wanna sound like that, i hope that i can help with showing these bugs. 

IMG_20191108_193651.jpg

Making a proper bug report with the mission files could be useful: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12263-quick-mission-campaign-and-single-missions/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Han said:

4.001b

Dear customers,

As always, we pay much attention to improve the quality of your game. Therefore, as soon as possible we have prepared a small hot fix update to fix problems that were quickly identified after the release of version 4.001b. In particular:

1. In the Pilot's Career: fixed removal of awards when receiving the award of the next level;
2. In the Pilot's Career: fixed the lack of texts of titles and descriptions of awards when using languages other than English and Russian;
3. In the Tank Crew: fixed invisible Soviet tanks crewmans;
4. In the sound engine: increased audibility of explosions and shots of other aircraft and tanks when in a closed cockpit;
5. In the Flying Circus: Fokker Dr.I and SPAD 13.C1 aircraft pitch control is returned to its previous state;
6. In the Flying Circus: in the quick mission, the time from approaching to the balloon to the start of its emergency descent is increased;
7. In the AI of aircraft: improved guidance on ground targets when using machine guns and autocannons;
8. In the AI of aircraft: improved guidance on ground targets when using rockets.

Spawned artillery is still bugged and it's invisible even after latest patches. 

• Like 2

Thank you devs, performance has become much better, you managed to optimize the game significantly. :yahoo:

I can run it on "ultra" even on a low-end PC at 60+ FPS, provided the weather is clear.

Each cloud level reduces FPS by 1/6, so that with "heavy" clouds I get appr. 50% of my base FPS, but it's still playable and smooth in SP.

(Overcast doesn't seem to have any FPS impact.)

:drinks:

• Upvote 1

Devs, will the B-25 from BoBP also be added as Soviet AI bomber to the eastern front career?

2 hours ago, Papa_Bear said:

Give it a few months, I'm ready!!

4 hours ago, Han said:

4.001b

Dear customers,

As always, we pay much attention to improve the quality of your game. Therefore, as soon as possible we have prepared a small hot fix update to fix problems that were quickly identified after the release of version 4.001b. In particular:

1. In the Pilot's Career: fixed removal of awards when receiving the award of the next level;
2. In the Pilot's Career: fixed the lack of texts of titles and descriptions of awards when using languages other than English and Russian;
3. In the Tank Crew: fixed invisible Soviet tanks crewmans;
4. In the sound engine: increased audibility of explosions and shots of other aircraft and tanks when in a closed cockpit;
5. In the Flying Circus: Fokker Dr.I and SPAD 13.C1 aircraft pitch control is returned to its previous state;
6. In the Flying Circus: in the quick mission, the time from approaching to the balloon to the start of its emergency descent is increased;
7. In the AI of aircraft: improved guidance on ground targets when using machine guns and autocannons;
8. In the AI of aircraft: improved guidance on ground targets when using rockets.

Thankyou,

Could you llease look into the invisible artillery as per this post by Kathon. It's holding back TAW for goodness sake. 😉 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lionater1 said:

Has anyone found my frames? They've been missing for a month or so...

i have them all, i have great performance thanks to your frames

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

32. New Extreme quality cloud setting added that makes the clouds sharper and less 'shifting'.

With settings 'High' I used to have these shaky shaky wiggling samba clouds in Cockpit View when looking left or right.

That annoying artifact decreased a lot since game version 4.001.  :):good:

In F2 Outside View it still appears but I can live with that.

With settings 'Extreme, hardly any shaking in Cockpit View and Outside View.

But I need to sort out to what extend it influences my fps.

2 minutes ago, Papa_Bear said:

i have them all, i have great performance thanks to your frames

Well, Christmas is coming up. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that you've put them to good use, but if you could spare about 15 frames... 

3 minutes ago, Lionater1 said:

Well, Christmas is coming up. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that you've put them to good use, but if you could spare about 15 frames... 

i could give you 20 for Christmas, but not earlier. and still have around 65 left

19 minutes ago, Lionater1 said:

I must have them. I’m getting super frames now! 😄😃

1 minute ago, Valkyrie77 said:

I must have them. I’m getting super frames now! 😄😃

It must be just me then. Ever since the new planes came out, I get crazy stutters on my 2 760s. Always had vsync on and never once dropped below 60.

2 minutes ago, Lionater1 said:

my 2 760s.

Are you using 2x Nvidia Geforce 760 with 2GB VRAM? If so, thats a sure bottleneck, especially as it has to be mirrored and synced in SLI configuration. A wonder that it went well so long.

Salute and Thank you Jason and 1CGS Development Team for your outstanding work! Really enjoying Battle of Bodenplatte!  It's fantastic.  I used to think the golden age of combat flight simulations was back in the late 1990's when we had, among others, European Air War, Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator, Rowan's MiG Alley, and Jane's World War Two Fighters.  Well, maybe extend that to 2001 when Oleg Maddox debuted the original IL-2 Sturmovik.  But I think with IL-2: Great Battles, with its advanced technology and graphics, you've made a new golden age for flight simmers.  Well done!

Edited by No105_Swoose
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, DN308 said:

There's a tree right on the last approach of the runway in Florennes (house of the P38 career first mission)

Yeah, that darn tree... I've been waiting on the chainsaw mod, but it's not done yet. Shooting it down doesn't work either! I just do a crabbing approach from the south and go around it. 

I have seen the pilots sticking out the cockpit twice but restarting the mission made them go away. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SquashmanMikeEH said:

I would be interested to hear what kind of performance other Pimax users are getting.

With the Pimax 5K-Plus, using an RTX 2080Ti and Core i7-6700K, I personally cannot get beyond about 38 to 48 fps (very rarely 50fps),

Significant settings are;

Smart-Smoothing = On (on or off - doesn't make much difference?) 

Field of View  = "Normal" 

Render Quality = 2 (very little improvement in fps at 1.5)

Put render quality back to 1.0 and disable smart smoothing (that will halve your fps).

I'm playing on 1.0 Pitool, 100% SteamVR supersampling and I get a smooth 72fps without reprojection.

Hardware:

8700K @ 5.3K, 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM.

Oh, I also get the crazy flickering on the load screen.

6 hours ago, Han said:

4.001b

Dear customers,

Hi Han!

In VR, there is a horrible flickering of the screen while loading. The two eyes are flickering independently between two camera positions (slightly offset) and it goes on for the entire duration of the loading.

It's so bad I have to close my eyes.

I'm on the latest SteamVR version with a Pimax 5k. This was introduced in the 4.001 version. Not sure if it's the latest SteamVR version or what.

8 hours ago, ST_ami7b5 said:

FC, Arras map, QMB:

Enemy ground targets inside friendly area..

.2019_11_8__12_17_10.thumb.png.f5d4f01c239189b7e8cc7fce38d6e477.png

Not really a bug or a problem.

The real soldiers crossed front lines too.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

2 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:

Not really a bug or a problem.

The real soldiers crossed front lines too.

Yes - that's when the position of the front lines changes.

8 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:
hours ago, ST_ami7b5 said:

FC, Arras map, QMB:

Enemy ground targets inside friendly area..

.2019_11_8__12_17_10.thumb.png.f5d4f01c239189b7e8cc7fce38d6e477.png

It has always been this way in GB. The enemy near your spawning place, so no-one has to fly too far. When you start on the Stalingrad map at Kalach on German side with ships as targets, they are even west of your starting point sailing on the Don.

Otherwise the 'Quick' missions wouldn't be so quick. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Juri_JS said:

Devs, will the B-25 from BoBP also be added as Soviet AI bomber to the eastern front career?

No, they didn't take part in the current battles on the Eastern front (BoS, BoK). They were used in the Kursk battle but we've no any plans to do the career for the Belgorod map.

Please look into issue with vertical stabilizer and elevators falling off for no reason. Noted in Bug Reports section.

I've had it happen both online and offline with 109K4 and 190A-8. Others report it on Spitfire and Me262.

Thank you.

45 minutes ago, Milopapa said:

Put render quality back to 1.0 and disable smart smoothing (that will halve your fps).

I'm playing on 1.0 Pitool, 100% SteamVR supersampling and I get a smooth 72fps without reprojection.

Hardware:

8700K @ 5.3K, 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM.

Oh, I also get the crazy flickering on the load screen.

Hi Han!

In VR, there is a horrible flickering of the screen while loading. The two eyes are flickering independently between two camera positions (slightly offset) and it goes on for the entire duration of the loading.

It's so bad I have to close my eyes.

I'm on the latest SteamVR version with a Pimax 5k. This was introduced in the 4.001 version. Not sure if it's the latest SteamVR version or what.

The VR load screen flickering is a SteamVR issue which was introduced by the Beta branch of SteamVR and unfortunately has made its way over to the Release Branch of SteamVR.

I find it also happens in DCS.

With Pimax settings - although spotting is an issue unless I use SteamVR Video on Auto setting, I find PiTool Render above 1 to be the better option and usually run 1.25 or 1.5 with SteamVR Vid at 50%

Get good frames on High with High clouds for my 2080.

Been experimenting with doubling the recommended SteamVR Video render setting which looks nice but not sure if performance is as good.  PiTool at 1 with SteamVR 100% looks like garbage on the 8K and performs as much too. YMMV.😎

5 hours ago, Papa_Bear said:

The address of the link it drives to includes B25, so my assumption is that it's incoming :) That list of plane characteristics is written for a user pilot, and I am skeptical that they would write all that stuff out, include it in the career, and have a proper web page direction for it either by coincidence or unintentionally. lol I will pre-order the B-25 as soon as they make it available, regardless of when they plan to release it, so I hope it's sooner ;)

7 hours ago, smink1701 said:

At work but looks amazing. When I get home will kiss my wife, pat the dog and disappear for a few hours! 

Dont get that mixed up!

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Lionater1 said:

I gained some. They may have been some of those you lost. 😁

Edited by Thad
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ER*Wumme said:

First ..

Great Job  Devs !  Thank you all

What your small Team is giving us is amazing. Especially the new clouds - the extreme ones- are my favourite.

In  Xplane 11 i have to pay 70 Dollars for the DLC  Xenviro to get those amazing Clouds.  THX 

and   Valkyrie77…   this is the same as in real life. 

At Hangar 10 Display Usedom autumn 2019 i had  the oppotunity to follow a pair of BF 109 and a Spit and Mustang from  the Tower . Believe me far 1,5 to 2 km i cannot differ the planes and have great difficulties to see them far by 4 km.  The airtraffic Controller gave me hints at the grounds to estimate the distance to the planes... and Keep in mind it is not a Cessna 172  .. Speed is above 400 km/h.  Horrido

LOL Easy my man - let's not get carried away with the glue/gasoline or whatever you are sniffing. You cannot possible think X-plane and IL-2 GB are on the same stratosphere. Don't get me wrong, IL-2 GB is money well spent. However, for what you get in X-plane/P3D/FSX you have to admit, that's blowing a tad too much smoke up their woohaas :wacko:

Edited by JG7_X-Man
  • Confused 1