Han

Game version 4.001 discussion: Battle of Bodenplatte and Flying Circus Officially Released! Tank Crew Campaigns released!

Glad to see IL2-Great Battles completed.  Looking forward to more WWI material with the further development of Flying Circus.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What I miss is the subtle green tinge shining through the snow here and there on the winter map. As was shown in early WIP version.

07.jpg

I suppose the early winter version is out of the question now?

13.jpg

EDIT:

Something like my crappy fotoshopped screenshot for instance.

Winter Europe.jpg

Edited by Uufflakke
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Fantastic work! Outstanding. Allready started two carrers: Tempest & Lightning. Super fun. Thank you devs!!

BTW, I think Im the only one that finds the new clouds a tad too polished/artifisial. I will keep them nevertheless because planes shimmer much less against them.

Edited by cellinsky
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vig said:

Glad to see IL2-Great Battles completed.

It is WAY FAR from completed🙂
I hope WWII stays Priority No1

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Uufflakke said:

What I miss is the subtle green tinge shining through the snow here and there on the winter map. As was shown in early WIP version.

Maybe a task for modders? I'd like to see that as a map repaint. But I wonder why they changed it, perhaps they did some research and wanted to make it closer to real conditions at the time.

My install appeared to stop about a 1/4 inch from the end. I decided to wait.

After about five minutes the install line advance slightly. Ah.... I continued to wait. A few minutes later it completed the installation.

Perhaps you need to wait it out a bit when installing. Good luck. :salute:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ouky1991 said:

Maybe a task for modders? I'd like to see that as a map repaint. But I wonder why they changed it, perhaps they did some research and wanted to make it closer to real conditions at the time.

From what I've seen on WWII Ardennes aerial photographs trees are better now: not snow covered like in WIP version.

https://www.worldwarmedia.com/2017/01/23/bastogne-aerial-photos/

But the fields, I have my doubts.

Givry-et-Rouette-n%C2%B01095-1944-d%C3%A

A map repaint?

Who's gonna call May-bug? :biggrin:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/35320-green-moscow-map/

• Haha 1

You guys are the best!!!!!!!!  Every time a new development comes along it surprises me no end.  Great job and KUDOS to the entire team.

Did anyone had a chance to check how prop spinning looks in VR? Is it better now?

• Upvote 1

I did try the career in Bodenplatte  it is really very realistic!

My previous tentative was the Moscow campaign and I say this one is even more addictive.

Try this and you shall be hooked by the realism and play-ability of this campaign.

Great realism and immersion.  :salute:

Flying Circus vol 1 released but what is the way to play it? I bought FC vol 1 but can't find it. I guess I missed Something...Thanks for answers.

1 minute ago, Azdack said:

I bought FC vol 1 but can't find it. I guess I missed Something...Thanks for answers.

You find your planes under "Entente" and "Central" in quick mission builder.

You can choose any of the maps to fly on, but "Arras" is the map made for FC.

In multiplayer it's not always easy to find a server dedicated to FC although, if you find the "SYN" server, you're in the right place.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Congrats on the milestone! 

Here is hoping for 5.001, 6.001, and many more!!

Looking forward to the announcement of thr next theatre. Jason, I'd love to have another one of those Q&A sessions on TS, those are always fun!

Time to enjoy BP now, build a million missions, and enjoy the career mode.

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Like 1

On Rheinland Winter, the planes are became too hard to see. Around 2/3000m above only, we can see easily tracers and flak but often not planes. It's a problem imo (seen on Combat Box server few time ago). All sides spent large time to find other planes but they was there and so close however

Edited by Otto_bann

Have you fixed the stuttery gunner animation on two-seaters in multiplayer?

This was from the previous version:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Awesome update, congratulations!

can't wait to downlod and give it a whirl......... as soon as I get off nightshift!

Cheers

23 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Congrats on the milestone! 

Here is hoping for 5.001, 6.001, and many more!!

Looking forward to the announcement of thr next theatre. Jason, I'd love to have another one of those Q&A sessions on TS, those are always fun!

Time to enjoy BP now, build a million missions, and enjoy the career mode.

Yes we need bodenplatte attack airfield mission please

Little bugs:

On career, medals and awards are marked "Null" for US and English pilots. Germans are still ok;

With the Spitfire, whan putting on flight lights, it occurs in German, not in French (I'm playing in French);

When selecting Free French Squadron, all my wards are English and have an Scottish or English background. Don't you think it's possible to script a French story for a character?;

There's a tree right on the last approach of the runway in Florennes (house of the P38 career first mission)

I can't see the FC career, is that normal?

Edited by DN308

Immersed in Prokhorovka plains now all around is impressive , I still have to learn much about tanks . Thanks you 1C Game Studios for the great hard work! and  hope still for future adventures in the next years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thad said:

My install appeared to stop about a 1/4 inch from the end. I decided to wait.

After about five minutes the install line advance slightly. Ah.... I continued to wait. A few minutes later it completed the installation.

Perhaps you need to wait it out a bit when installing. Good luck. :salute:

Mine is doing the same thing right now lol

7 minutes ago, DN308 said:

I can't see the FC career, is that normal?

There is none. Was never planned. Feature description here: https://il2sturmovik.com/store/flying-circus/

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Stab/JG51vonLangengrat said:

Seems somebody knew I was gonna have b-day tomorrow and gave me some early present 💗

But guys, where do I find the Flying Circus campaign? When I start a career, I only see the WWII-era ones ... 😁

Happy b-day!

When guests come at your party and you start acting weird after an hour cos you want them to go home so you can play newly released il2 career ;)

Priceless!

1 hour ago, 9./JG54_GERMANWOLF said:

stutters on !

You need to turn them off in nvidia control panel!

• Haha 1

AHHHHHHHH!

I'm so excited! Been waiting for the BoBP carrer for awhile, now. THANK YOU for the amazing work and passion you all put into this.

5 hours ago, 361st_Bugsy said:

Great Job Guys!

Please tell me that the pilot standing out of the cockpit has been fixed.

Shhh, that's a benefit of VR!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Uufflakke said:

07.jpg

I suppose the early winter version is out of the question now?

13.jpg

I am sure some skillfull modders will take care of this.

3 hours ago, Uufflakke said:

What I miss is the subtle green tinge shining through the snow here and there on the winter map. As was shown in early WIP versi

Those were not the conditions during the Bulge, so I can live without it.

If it comes later as an option, great.

Was there much air play during the bulge? Mainly supply drops I suppose.. ?   

Can we have any missions in game for this?

Lots to digest! Here is hoping BoBP is a big success. 

Quick bug note: the changes to Tempest's stall speed not yet entered into the specifications data tab in the game, at least in the SI units version.  

17 minutes ago, spartan85 said:

Was there much air play during the bulge? Mainly supply drops I suppose.. ?   

Many, many air support missions.

CAS

Thanks for the update is what I was going to say until I thought ow it is a release. SO THANKS FOR THAT.

One strange thing that I have found is that if you set the clouds to extreme it actually increases my FPS and reduces stutters???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Please try it and see what mileage you get?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Maybe something about the difference of AA between the clouds and aircraft if it is decreased makes it more efficient??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Edited by AeroAce

Just a quick question, It could just be me, it says Flying Circus vol 1 is fully available now in patch 4.00.But unable to find it in main game.

17 minutes ago, aaranp88aaronp said:

Just a quick question, It could just be me, it says Flying Circus vol 1 is fully available now in patch 4.00.But unable to find it in main game.

In the quick mission setup screen, are you able to choose the Arras map in the drop-down list on the top right? That's one indication that you have purchased and activated Flying Circus.

9 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

This ridiculous bug may still occur. We don’t know the cause yet. It is annoying we agree. 

Jason

Yes, still there, but you guys have done a wonderful job. Thanks. I am sure this will be fixed soon. I noticed that the bug was not present in the record of the flight I made. The pilot was completely in the cockpit in the record itself.

1.jpg

• Haha 3