Han

Game version 4.001 discussion: Battle of Bodenplatte and Flying Circus Officially Released! Tank Crew Campaigns released!

1 minute ago, Han said:

IL-2: Great Battles Version 4.001 Launched – Battle of Bodenplatte and Flying Circus Officially Released! Tank Crew Campaigns - Released!

News on 4.001 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Like 19
  • Thanks 19
  • Upvote 11

YESSSSSSSSS !!!! Thanks :fly:

Edited by Swing

Thank you very much for the update! Good Job, dear DEV TEAM in Moscow!

OMG! How big is it? I need to upsize my SSD.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Elem said:

2.92 GB

Great! :) , now about that next project ;)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh wow!! So much bets than a DD. Thank you to the crew, this is a big milestone and achievement.

Also, in keeping with tradition, another big game update just before I leave town for a holiday . . . the consistency is scary! :P

Edited by pfrances
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

46. Radio volume can be adjusted (LAlt+NumPad+ and LAlt+NumPad- by default);

Thank You!!

• Upvote 7

Thankyou for the cobbled roads! Absolutely lovely and so much better than those nasty jaggy ones that were there before. :good:

• Like 1

WOW!! Not only did we get balloons we got observers jumping from them.  You guys are awsome.:good:

• Like 1

Best news of all is the statement  "We hope to make more Flying Circus volumes in the future and we thank those who have jumped into this new product so far! " 

Too many have been writing  off WWI as an unpopular and unprofitable side line or niche, so it is good to hear that the devs themselves haven't abandoned it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 24

Thanks for all the hard work from the dev team, pleasantly surprised to see this update so soon.

I was about to make a thread : so when is BP released??? No need!!

Thank you for update!

"In addition, we plan to closely monitor your messages in order to improve the quality of the project as much as we can in the last part of 2019"

I believe that it will be in another thread, right?

Not much is mentioned about career mode. Are there any new features or mission types related to career mode?

Edited by Sybreed
  • Upvote 3

Wohooo! Thank you Guys! You Rock 🤟.

Congrats for the completion of these 2 projects, team.

Thanks for your hard work to all involved (devs, skinners, online hosters,...).

Have a nice day.

:salute:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HappyHaddock said:

Best news of all is the statement  "We hope to make more Flying Circus volumes in the future and we thank those who have jumped into this new product so far! " 

Too many have been writing  off WWI as an unpopular and unprofitable side line or niche, so it is good to hear that the devs themselves haven't abandoned it.

I would like to quote this one thousand times over.

Thanks to the DEV immensely and all their partners.

• Upvote 3

Fabulous! 😎

60. AI pilots try not to exceed 5G (6G if they have anti-G suits) to prevent the loss of consciousness;  

Thank you!!!!!! 🤪

(I always get just as excited to see improvements as I do add ins!) 😊

Edited by Redwo1f
  • Upvote 2

one bug: my Mission briefing are in english, but I Play in german….

3 minutes ago, moosya said:

I lost all hope for this week!

Me too, I opened my browser and while surfing to the page, presuming there wouldn't be an update yet,  I sarcastically said to myself "here comes the update", and here it is.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

• Upvote 1

Mamma Mia!!!!

Fantastic week-end in perspective.

Jason I really apologize for a post long ago were I did not believe that you could deliver on time, and that as usual in this business near Christmas you would postpone for whatever reason and finally en up in March 2020 at best.

I recognize I was wrong, so you have all my deepest respect.

Thanks to all the team for this golden nugget.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, HappyHaddock said:

THIS makes me VERY HAPPY 🤗

• Like 1

Wow, just wow. You guys are awesome.

Thanks for this. Racing towards the game now.

45 minutes ago, pfrances said:

Oh wow!! So much bets than a DD. Thank you to the crew, this is a big milestone and achievement.

Also, in keeping with tradition, another big game update just before I leave town for a holiday . . . the consistency is scary! :P

That's just a cosmic joke played on your expense by the vast invisible forces that manipulate our universe. Like bread falling butter-side down, but tailored to you, personally.

• Haha 2

43. MiG-3 flaps have been corrected - any change of the flaps limiter position retracts them first and then extends to a new position;

ouch..  that'll be an interesting change to observe in the fight when trying to slow down as quickly as possible..

57 minutes ago, Elem said:

Salutations,

My download was at 2.9 GB. :salute:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

That's just a cosmic joke played on your expense by the vast invisible forces that manipulate our universe. Like bread falling butter-side down, but tailored to you, personally.

I KNEW it!

Looking forward to a quieter radio! :) Thanks for the update.

Love love love! 

This whole paragraph especially: 

"Flying Circus - Volume 1 is now available in its fully planned state and all the remaining ground-based equipment of the First World War have been added in our new standard of visual quality. Observation balloons with observers who may leap from their post when under attack are also included now. A number of improvements were also made on the map, primarily to the front line. We hope that users who purchase this project will like the step forward in comparison with our previous title Rise of Flight, especially in the visual quality of aircraft and the environment that we, together with our partner Yugra Media, have created for you. Although the flight models generally correspond to the ones from Rise of Flight, many of the improvements that have been made over the past 7 years for Il-2 Sturmovik play a role in Flying Circus as well. Such improvements automatically benefit all projects within the framework of our one common game world and give a new, previously unavailable experience of virtual flight and combat in the First World War. All these new opportunities unfold in their fullest when playing with the use of virtual reality devices. FC includes so many new things - new landscape technology, new lighting and clouds, better sound, new AI and improved ballistics, new graphic effects and new materials for aircraft surfaces, new detailing of textures and models - all this and much more gives the virtual pilots of the First World War something that is not available anywhere else. We hope to make more Flying Circus volumes in the future and we thank those who have jumped into this new product so far!"

Be still my heart... 😍😁 Thank you so much to the whole Sturmovik team! Flying Circus was what got me to finally join the "Sturmovik universe" after being part of Rise of Flight for 7 years. I am so jazzed and excited to be a part of a new-generation WW1 flight sim that has the potential for continual development/improvement in the years to come as the Digital Warfare engine evolves. And thank you for mentioning that you guys hope to make more Flying Circus volumes in the future! 😃 From now on, I will shamelessly be talking you guys up and promoting Flying Circus to anyone who might want to buy it. And if there are any further volumes or collector aircraft, I'll be at the front of the line to buy in. 

Thanks a million guys! I'm more excited for the future in flight sims than I've been for years. 🤙

• Like 3
  • Upvote 15