J5_Baeumer

Pour le Merite (Blue Max) and Distinguished Service Orders and Higher Awards

Congrats Broccoli! The last several sorties are impressive, mostly real players.

• Thanks 1

Well done Larner.... Glad I could help out.:drinks:

Edited by J5_Gamecock

On 10/23/2019 at 9:42 AM, IV./JG51-L_Welter said:

Knowing my luck i will get to 24 kills and then be the first person to get hit by AA over no mans land

No, that distinction is reserved for me. Took a direct AA hit @2300m  while stalking a Bristol for my 25th kill. Was flying with Adam. He stopped briefly to feed his baby. At first I thought the kid farted but then I saw Klugeybits  fluttering thru the sky.

To add insult to injury I had an additional half dozen "unconfirmed" human kills on the server when the parser was down.

💀🐠🚽

Edited by J5_Klugermann
clarification.
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, J5_Klugermann said:

No, that distinction is reserved for me. Took a direct AA hit @2300m  while stalking a Bristol. Was flying with Adam. He stopped briefly to feed his baby. At first I thought the kid farted but then I saw Klugeybits  fluttering thru the sky.

To add insult to injury I had an additional half dozen "unconfirmed" human kills on the server when the parser was down.

💀🐠🚽

I beat you in that Klugerman. Direct hit by AAA at 4500m, being at my 21st kill. Ruined my week@!%$#&

Just after scoring my 33rd I got whacked by flak as well...to my amazement, the SPAD stayed together! 

...and then a D7F jumped out from a cloud and set me on fire in one burst...

....but I got down without burning to death and started rolling to a stop! 

....and then my SPAD flipped and exploded. 

:(

Edited by US93_Larner
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, J2_Drookasi said:

I beat you in that Klugerman. Direct hit by AAA at 4500m, being at my 21st kill. Ruined my week@!%$#&

I was at 24 stalking the Bristol for my 25th with multiple unconfirmed kills when the parser was down.

Kudos tho on the alt AA hit. 4500m is impressive.

9 minutes ago, J99_Sizzlorr said:

This is how I decided to end my 42 kill streak today...

What happened? A bug or someone rammed you?

Edited by SeaW0lf

I guess it was a bug. First someone rammed me, I got uncon then i woke back up and nursed the plane all the way back to the airfield where I landed the plane. As soon as i hit the finish mission button my plane threw itself 10m back into the air.... lol

Edited by J99_Sizzlorr

It does not sound like a delayed response from the ram. Looks like a bomb (the screen gets dark). Perhaps the J5 guys can analyze the track.

5 minutes ago, SeaW0lf said:

It does not sound like a delayed response from the ram. Looks like a bomb (the screen gets dark). Perhaps the J5 guys can analyze the track.

Nope no bomb no crater no dust no explosion no enemy plane around, i also would be dead before my plane crashed to the ground...

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Lost mine too. Flak.

Lol got hit by flak yesterday as well, but managed to nurse the plane back over our lines and bail out... Nasty ww2 Flak will be removed shortly.

Instant death and flames. That's how it went down for me lol

I guess when your number is up there is nothing you can do about it. If the game decides to kill you gonna be dead for sure...

14 hours ago, J99_Sizzlorr said:

I guess it was a bug. First someone rammed me, I got uncon then i woke back up and nursed the plane all the way back to the airfield where I landed the plane. As soon as i hit the finish mission button my plane threw itself 10m back into the air.... lol

Maybe you landed on a Trampoline.

Edited by J5_Klugermann

Well, today I lost a good streak due to a ram (always a sad moment), but at least I have achieved, since last Friday, my goal of cleaning my Blue Max streak, which was with several bailouts (even with the Camel) and ditches, back when we were still testing the Alternate Visibility and I didn't even know that there were stats on the server and we would bailout or ditch just to end a sortie. Even after I knew about the parser, took me some time to take it as a challenge.

I had to adapt to the several bugs and visibility challenges to get another 25+ streak, but I reached 28 victories (less than a third of AIs) in 40 sorties with no bailouts, no discoes and, not counting the ram and my death, with only 4 forced landings - in fact 3, because one was a parser mistake, since I landed and parked on an airfield with no damage.

I tried to bailout, since I was in a Dr1 on our side, but unfortunately I could not. Have no idea why. I just lost two of my left wings, got a 9,7% wound and the plane was floating down. Almost broke the ctrl E key.

I had several hair-raising dogfights on this streak. It was a good one. Anyways, tomorrow is another day.

• Sad 1

If you are too injured, falling too fast, or have a high amount of G's you can't bail out at all.

I think. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

My guess is I'll never get the blue max, I take too many risk's like crossing no mans land. 

I'll be nice today

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

I take too many risk's like crossing no mans land

I'd say the worst risk is not being on comms.

• Haha 1

Congratulations to Sahaj!  Please see the original post is now updated to include award of the DSO to pilots flying Entente (hence the delay). 

Also, see the new FC community awards criteria and structure implemented on the Flugpark described here:

• Like 3

Congratulations, it seems you have shook of the rust and are back to being deadly again! :good:

Also congratulations to Baer...

Edited by J99_Sizzlorr