Han

Game version 3.201 discussion: Rhineland and Arras maps, Tempest Mk.V, P-51D-15, P-38J-25

Just now, Lord_Flashheart said:

I dont think Jason is being rude. As he said its 3am and I imagine after such a massive patch release with all this feedback it is quite hectic.

that being said, I was in several servers where people thought the effect was removed, not just tweaked. And as the pictures JonRedcorn posted show, it might as well have been removed.

I think we all agree 100km is absurd. Honestly I would like to see the scaling most aggressive from 1-8nm, then drop off after that. No one doubts the technical problems posed here, but ill take excessive spotting over being blind any day of the week.

I viewed it as very rude and disrespectful. And I'm not apologizing for saying so. You don't talk to other grown men like that face to face, right? Practice how you play.

Just now, Jason_Williams said:

Sorry, we get treated rudely a lot for just trying to make the game better. Things you like or dislike come and go, it's not the end of the world. And you have no idea what our numbers of players mean. Half the world is asleep right now. Stop with the panic.

Jason

Understand, I mean -all- respect and love. Truly. Take this from two prop nose enthusiasts. I have a pinup of a BT trainer plane on my wall.

We want to love your game and I quickly fell in love the last two days. I have faith, promise, we both agree it will be fixed and you all have done a tremendous job.

Edited by 4brkfast
  • Like 1

Agreed I was convinced to spend money on bodenplatte because of the spotting changes had they not happened I would not have bought it.

1 minute ago, Lord_Flashheart said:

I dont think Jason is being rude. As he said its 3am and I imagine after such a massive patch release with all this feedback it is quite hectic.

that being said, I was in several servers where people thought the effect was removed, not just tweaked. And as the pictures JonRedcorn posted show, it might as well have been removed.

I think we all agree 100km is absurd. Honestly I would like to see the scaling most aggressive from 1-8nm, then drop off after that. No one doubts the technical problems posed here, but ill take excessive spotting over being blind any day of the week.

That's exactly what we did and you don't like and some jump to all kinds of conclusions and make overly dramatic remarks. Find less panicked way to register your displeasure so we can look at this without having to argue with people and get defensive. Your panicked remarks do more harm than good.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

We now have stuttering in all the maps. Where I was getting consistent 90s it is bouncing around in upper 70s over open ground in Stalingrad and Kuban. I've dialed down my settings but it seems to have no effect.

I've also noticed explosions from mobile rockets continue to flicker long after rockets impact. The added fire effect is nice but goes on far too long.

• Upvote 1

That's exactly what we did and you don't like and some jump to all kinds of conclusions and make overly dramatic remarks. Find less panicked way to register your displeasure so we can look at this without having to argue with people and get defensive. Your panicked remarks do more harm than good.

Jason

Panicked???  I was one of these people who had thought it had been outright removed and I would say I felt more disappointed then panicked... (maybe lost in translation?)

• Upvote 1

Guys, a massive update has been released and today already a hotfix to try and improve things.  We need to take a deep breath, relax and try to understand that strange quirks and anomalies will pop up with an update of this size and complexity. We just need to exercise a bit of patience and restrain ourselves from jumping to conclusions  and announcing that its "all ruined" and no fun.

The devs have been going flat out to try and improve things and I'm more than confident that they will get things sorted out.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Patience?

Bah.... I want patience but I want it NOW! 😁

• Haha 1

Jason

You have to understand something, take this as a snapshot of our perspective and believe me when I say I appreciate yours and will adjust going forward how I word some things. Text is the worst form of communication on the planet in my opinion.

I don't think anybody is aggressively attacking. I'm not. I just had so much fun the last few days that this was a sudden shock, I truly couldn't believe it.

Anyway, it's been 5 years. You guys have done great work in this time, these FM's are simply fantastic. But it wasn't until this last patch that I felt it was playable, so playable that I intend to fly every night going forward, hopefully as long as I can spot with consistency. I've bought everything too, with the exception of some individual planes and the WW1 birds, all with hope and yet it wasn't until this last patch that I started flying consistently. I say this to make my point.

I want to love the game and fly it all the time, but it hasn't been playable and enjoyable for me until now. So there was no consistent baseline of history for me to believe it was going to be what I hoped for because it never had before monday and now, it was suddenly changed. So you could imagine the harsh disappointment. I am absolutely not the only player or potential player that feels this way.

As mentioned, all respect, you guys are all brilliant, truth, so don't feel this is an attack.

21 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

hat's exactly what we did and you don't like and some jump to all kinds of conclusions and make overly dramatic remarks.

If it was tweaked for those ranges I cannot tell. It looks like it was pre-patch, with the exception of the occasional glint. If spotting at those ranges was the intent of the tweak, that sounds great, but thats not what were seeing in game. I can not see any scaling at all anymore. None. I have not claimed it was removed either, but it looks like it was and thats why some people think that.

image.thumb.png.dd84e3fe0ab3aa32d8f8b62a05d6f4b6.png

I am not trying to be overly dramatic. But alot of us feel like we just had the rug pulled out from under us. I simply want to express just how much of a let down down the tweak was.

Edited by Lord_Flashheart

Just now, Lord_Flashheart said:

If it was tweaked for those ranges I cannot tell. It looks like it was pre-patch, with the exception of the occasional glint. If spotting at those ranges was the intent of the tweak, that sounds great, but thats not what were seeing in game. I can not see any scaling at all anymore. None. I have not claimed it was removed either, but it looks like it was and thats why some people think that.

I am not trying to be overly dramatic. But alot of us feel like we just had the rug pulled out from under us. I simply want to express just how much of a let down down the tweak was.

I mean the pictures I posted show pretty clearly contacts past about 9.5km are impossible to see. The scaling is completely gone.

Chill [edited] out guys the module is still in early access and the new spotting mechanic is clearly still be actively tweaked and worked on. Report on what you see is happening, state calmly what you feel is or isn't working and then move on. [edited]

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Language, first and last warning
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 7

Gentlemen, step away from the computer screen, take a shower, go for a walk or jump on your bike and get some fresh air. Sometimes too much time staring at the screen causes us all to lose perspective. The dev's have been working their asses off, let them relax, they did a helluva job releasing the amount of content they did, let them relish in that for a bit.

This game is a work in progress, things get better, they get worse, there are ups and downs but eventually they generally end up balancing out. The same will happen with the spotting, dollars to doughnuts this is the beginning of a much longer road of tweaks and adjustments until they dial in the proper balance between reality and playability - let them do their thing.

In the meantime, walk away and take a deep breath because at this point the 3.201 thread is a dumpster fire of bickering adults that's quite frankly embarrassing. Don't you guys have bills to pay or kids to feed or wive's to $&#@? Anything is more important than this rote argument.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

I’ve never seen a new update discussion locked before but you guys are getting pretty close I’m sure..... you might want to move on down the road for a bit and do something else until you feel a little better. 👍

Sulaco beat me to it, but yeah ... what he said.

Edited by Jaegermeister
  • Haha 3

Just wanted to say thanks to the devs for such a quick hot fix turnaround on the back of what I’m sure was a very grueling effort for such a big release.  I really didn’t expect anything before next week.

You guys deserve a week off at least.

There will be plenty of time for fixing things after a long weekend.

To all the haters... unless you’re in software development, you just don’t understand the complications involved with major feature releases like this.

This whole project is a work of love and requires a rare breed of committed developers that are hard to find.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, =SqSq=Sulaco said:

Gentlemen, step away from the computer screen, take a shower, go for a walk or jump on your bike and get some fresh air. Sometimes too much time staring at the screen causes us all to lose perspective. The dev's have been working their asses off, let them relax, they did a helluva job releasing the amount of content they did, let them relish in that for a bit.

This game is a work in progress, things get better, they get worse, there are ups and downs but eventually they generally end up balancing out. The same will happen with the spotting, dollars to doughnuts this is the beginning of a much longer road of tweaks and adjustments until they dial in the proper balance between reality and playability - let them do their thing.

In the meantime, walk away and take a deep breath because at this point the 3.201 thread is a dumpster fire of bickering adults that's quite frankly embarrassing. Don't you guys have bills to pay or kids to feed or wive's to $&#@? Anything is more important than this rote argument.

Well said and Shatner would say the same lol

1 hour ago, Gordon200 said:

We now have stuttering in all the maps. Where I was getting consistent 90s it is bouncing around in upper 70s over open ground in Stalingrad and Kuban. I've dialed down my settings but it seems to have no effect.

I've also noticed explosions from mobile rockets continue to flicker long after rockets impact. The added fire effect is nice but goes on far too long.

Hot fix introduced stuttering for me also.  Hope yall can fix the stutters.  It was smooth before the hotfix.  

ahhh, people complaining about spotting while I was never able to spot anything past 1 km, and sometimes lose my enemy while he is in front of me lol.

Doesn't happen to me flying in RL, so I guess its just my crappy monitor and not my eyes (hope so! 😂)

9 minutes ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

ahhh, people complaining about spotting while I was never able to spot anything past 1 km, and sometimes lose my enemy while he is in front of me lol.

Doesn't happen to me flying in RL, so I guess its just my crappy monitor and not my eyes (hope so! 😂)

They are tying to represent the reality on monitors but then thing is that isn't achievable, monitors are good but not good enough to be like real life resolution and colors, that's why they should make spiting easier because it's more difficult to spot a plane on a monitor that real life

Every large patch, to date, has resulted in some unexpected problems.  Every small set of such unintended problems has been addressed, in due course, by game developers who really seem to want us to like their game.

There are other games out there, similar to the IL-2/Rof series, whose developers seem to be positively malevolent at times, so much so that I have left their product altogether.  IL-2 doesn't stalk me on YouTube; IL-2 doesn't ban me for open criticism, whether I am right or wrong in my complaints.  There are others who do both of those things.

1C/777 are not like that, and I am sure that 3.201b will be tweaked and trimmed and polished until most everyone is happy.  I try to look at what we've got, rather than what incidental items need fixing, and in this series, we've gotten a whole lot more than any other simulator franchise out there.

For me, I am just very happy that I can polish/tweak/refine my HMD clarity in game, using software tools.  Why?  Because I am financially committed to VR, and I will continue to spend my money on it.  This is the only simulator that does that.  It's the only simulator that I still use that has tweaked its graphic performance to run well under SLI.  Someday, I hope, it will also add LiquidVR and VRWorks.

And those are just a few of the hundreds of small bits of happiness to be found in IL-2/TC/FC et al.

• Upvote 1

Just played several battles in QMB. I actually spot better than yesterday before the hotfix. 0 stutter also. Seems like Im a strange being in the community lol

6 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

I just noticed this.  I've been playing this game almost every day for the last five years.  The idea that it was unplayable is laughable nonsense.

it was actually fun, as apposed to more of a chore regarding spotting. It was previously a game of trying to find a tiny dot and kill it before it notices you, guessing if it was friendly or enemy, while trying to spot tiny dots on your 6. After the big update, you could see everything around you and actually plan your attacks, had a reason to climb and didn't get bounced if you checked your 6 and spotted the incoming threat. To some, previously it wasn't very fun and whence 'unplayable'

Edited by Tasmanaut

1 minute ago, Tasmanaut said:

it was actually fun, as apposed to more of a chore regarding spotting. It was previously a game of trying to find a tiny dot and kill it before it notices you, guessing if it was friendly or enemy, while trying to spot tiny dots on your 6. After the big update, you could see everything around you and actually plan your attacks, had a reason to climb and didn't get bounced if you checked your 6 and spotted the incoming threat. To some, it wasn't very fun and whence 'unplayable'

I think there was a postwar study that found that 90% (or something like that) of the pilots who were shot down did not see the aircraft responsible. 

If you're being killed by tiny dots then you need a bigger monitor or you should have your eyes checked out.

Just now, BraveSirRobin said:

I think there was a postwar study that found that 90% (or something like that) of the pilots who were shot down did not see the aircraft responsible. 

If you're being killed by tiny dots then you need a bigger monitor or you should have your eyes checked out.

You've missed my point, I was hoping you would understand my commentary on the game's meta. I still got bounced when we had the 'BIG BOI' plane outlines. I'll try to explain again

Previously, you would check your 6, believe you were clear, continue as normal, then be shot down later. A plane would sneak up on you, at a distance where you could barely see them within the games' limited render distance. I think more experienced players knew this and would take advantage. 

After the update, we could clearly see big blurs behind us from considerable distance. They couldn't just sneak up on you. If you checked 6 and saw a dot in the distance, you could be confident it wasnt going to get you within the next few minutes, and plan your situation accordingly.

For the record, there is nothing wrong with my eyes or my monitor

1 minute ago, Tasmanaut said:

You've missed my point, I was hoping you would understand my commentary on the game's meta. I still got bounced when we had the 'BIG BOI' plane outlines. I'll try to explain again

Previously, you would check your 6, believe you were clear, continue as normal, then be shot down later. A plane would sneak up on you, at a distance where you could barely see them within the games' limited render distance. I think more experienced players knew this and would take advantage. 

After the update, we could clearly see big blurs behind us from considerable distance. They couldn't just sneak up on you. If you checked 6 and saw a dot in the distance, you could be confident it wasnt going to get you within the next few minutes, and plan your situation accordingly.

For the record, there is nothing wrong with my eyes or my monitor

This has never happened to me.  Either I saw them in time and broke to try to avoid the bounce.  Or I was bounced without seeing them.  I have never, ever, ever looked back, seen dots, or aircraft, or bugs on my monitor, and said, "I'm sure that's nothing".  I've also never been killed by dots behind me. 

Maybe try using the zoom/field of view function?

5 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

This has never happened to me.  Either I saw them in time and broke to try to avoid the bounce.  Or I was bounced without seeing them.  I have never, ever, ever looked back, seen dots, or aircraft, or bugs on my monitor, and said, "I'm sure that's nothing".  I've also never been killed by dots behind me. 

Maybe try using the zoom/field of view function?

It happens to me extremely frequently. I almost-think-I-maybe saw something, dismiss after losing sight, then get shot down at some point later. I'm not the greatest at checking my 6, I lose my comfy spot in my chair leaning over and around to do it, and so I get lazy at times. Zooming could alleviate this, but its yet another thing to manage and keep track of. The update eliminated the need to zoom in situations such as this, checking 6 became a simple procedure with less guess work involved

Edited by Tasmanaut

Tested the visibility tonight and I think it was a bit better before. I know the scaling was a bit off but I appreciated being able to see the guys flying around. Maybe there's some more middle ground for this feature.

Huge kudos for trying to work smartly on this feature though. Spotting is a challenging feature!

• Upvote 6

Thank you for the building draw distance increase.  This makes lining up a high alt level bombing run much easier.

54 minutes ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

Seems like Im a strange being in the community lol

Hey - don't worry about it - this place has a global membership of 180+ thousand. When you see complaints in the 70/80 thousand range it might be significant.....

Hi guys

Dose anyone how you can adjust the  Simple physiology' option? 😕

40. New 'Simple physiology' option added to the difficulty settings disables the load factor tolerance decrease, loss of consciousness and motion sickness;

I can not find this option any where😤 

Thanks in advance

cheers 

Well, after reading all about spotting, it seems to me that the best option is to have options. 😉 I mean, have the spotting in three level to choose: realistic, medium and easy.

At least in offline playing the blinds as a bat could also have some fun. It is very frustrating not to be able to be competitive online because you do not spot bandits. Remember that the average age of sim players here is probably in our 40s .... our eyesight is not as a 20-year-old.

• Like 3

@Jason_Williams, @Sneaksie - Can we please have a separate tab/subthread/thread for Change Logs/etc? I had a Steam update yesterday and posts just get lost and it would be really great to have one of those just for Change Logs/etc similar to how CS:GO has it's Change Logs/Updates section in it's Blog. Not saying a blog has to be made, but just a separate thread if that's okay. This page gets bombarded with posts left right and center... I was really confused as to what updated when I had a Steam update with no info section yesterday and there's so many people/programs putting Change Logs in dedicated places and it'd also help grow the sections on the forums in a good way maybe. :)

Edited by [FAC]Ghost129er
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mutly said:

Hi guys

Dose anyone how you can adjust the  Simple physiology' option? 😕

40. New 'Simple physiology' option added to the difficulty settings disables the load factor tolerance decrease, loss of consciousness and motion sickness;

I can not find this option any where😤 

Thanks in advance

cheers 

You have to look under "
Realism:options in the middle column. It is not in the Settings tabs.

Thanks devs for the fast bug update ! Now the pitch trim is working fine 😃. Excuse me because this topic sure has come out, although I can't find it... What difference exist between the pitch, roll and yaw axis and buttons at command selection ? 

The pilot's g-forces seem a bit exaggerated, in simulators such as DCS and BMS they are not so exaggerated, I think they have gone a bit, it seems that the pilot has just left a bar with the effects of wiskey

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Razor44 said:

The pilot's g-forces seem a bit exaggerated, in simulators such as DCS and BMS they are not so exaggerated, I think they have gone a bit, it seems that the pilot has just left a bar with the effects of wiskey

This continues to confuse me; DCS and BMS both focus almost entirely [and in the case of the latter, just plain entirely] on modern jet combat, which has seen significant advances not just in plane design but in pilot psychology and physiology. G-Suits today are leagues above what your neighborhood USAAF pilot was wearing back in 1944. Seat designs play into it, food quality plays into it, even simple state of mind plays into it.

The pilot effects modeled now are based off of a number of scientific studies on the matter, and seem to have had many a consideration on the finer details during their implementation. It feels just right to me; Far more like being a pilot rather than being a simple camera in a cockpit. It ain't combat if there ain't no inconveniences.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Hace 2 horas, 15 [Span.] / JG51Spartan dijo:

Al menos en línea jugando a las ciegas como un murciélago también podría divertirse. Es muy frustrante no poder ser competitivo en línea porque no se detectan bandidos. Recuerda que la edad promedio de los jugadores sim aquí es probable de 40 años ... nuestra vista no es como la de 20 años.

Thanks for the update,
 but the aircraft vision problem is the most important thing, 
in a combat simulator, if you do not see the enemy, 
you will stop fighting online, and the simulator will be poorly optimized 
remember that there are no stop systems enemy, as in modern airplanes it is all ocular vision,
 we need to see, that is what differentiates some simulators d others please solutions that fast
 remember that it is much more important to see the enemy airplanes, 
to be able to fight, thanks anyway a greeting already keep working
 for us to continue buying your products

Edited by =gRiJ=ToReRo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

As a VR user, l really enjoy the game after the hotfix. Without those "eagle eyes",We finally get back to what the game is. 

Many thanks for DEVs,all of you did the great job.