Han

Game version 3.201 discussion: Rhineland and Arras maps, Tempest Mk.V, P-51D-15, P-38J-25

the patch before this  last one is as it should be, the bugs will be all done, and the game is spot on , putting bigger explostions and men running around the air fields and the jazzing up of the game in that way is now needed ,cos every think eles is great, im sure were the spotting of planes will reach it end and every one will be happy with it , but don't kill the flow it there that skill and fun mix.

my point is if you give a car a brain you killed the ride, your the brain  your the one that set the pace and flow of your driving, not the AI. then it on to more add on`s  italy dover map ect ect midway ,would be the way, but that along way off ,if it ever to happens. don't make something that flows sticky, it doze not work,, a tank maybe, not a plane, and the tempest had rocket with 60 pounds of explosive at the end, of it rocket ,and was seen  to be  a great ground attacker in it last years of it service . lets keep on keeping on .

19 hours ago, unreasonable said:

You have to look under "
Realism:options in the middle column. It is not in the Settings tabs.

Thanks mate 😉

I had to restart steam game & pc for it to come up .

1 hour ago, deckerrunner said:

the tempest had rocket with 60 pounds of explosive at the end, of it rocket ,and was seen  to be  a great ground attacker in it last years of it service . lets keep on keeping on .

No, it did not. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deckerrunner said:

the tempest had rocket with 60 pounds of explosive at the end, of it rocket ,and was seen  to be  a great ground attacker in it last years of it service .

2 hours ago, deckerrunner said:

the patch before this  last one is as it should be, the bugs will be all done, and the game is spot on , putting bigger explostions and men running around the air fields and the jazzing up of the game in that way is now needed ,cos every think eles is great, im sure were the spotting of planes will reach it end and every one will be happy with it , but don't kill the flow it there that skill and fun mix.

my point is if you give a car a brain you killed the ride, your the brain  your the one that set the pace and flow of your driving, not the AI. then it on to more add on`s  italy dover map ect ect midway ,would be the way, but that along way off ,if it ever to happens. don't make something that flows sticky, it doze not work,, a tank maybe, not a plane, and the tempest had rocket with 60 pounds of explosive at the end, of it rocket ,and was seen  to be  a great ground attacker in it last years of it service . lets keep on keeping on .

Complete and utter gobbledygook. How does one even make this up?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi there 

There is an issue with the labels being blocked out by clear a shadow or clear duplicate of the cockpit. I took screen shot but it dos not appear in the screen shots??

This was in the Spitfire & I'm using Track IR

Has anyone else had this issue.

I have a question and a bug report. When clicking ALT+F2 for the attached camera views on enemy planes, all audio except breathing is cut out. 

My question is, will there be a blue nosed P-51 skin added? I am hoping to create a Y-29 historical reenactment film but need the blue nosed P-51 for said film. You can find my YouTube here. https://youtu.be/2X6z_lMaL2g

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

Another important addition is the ability to turn on VSync together with FPS limiter in the game graphics options. This should minimize the stuttering if you have this problem. For example. turn VSync in the game on and set the limiter to the refresh rate of your screen (or lower if your system can't cope of keeping the steady FPS at this level) - if you have a regular 60 Hz screen set the limiter to 60 or, if your system has trouble keeping it, to a lower value like 30. This should greatly reduce the stuttering coming from FPS spikes and drops and make the game smoother. Also, don't forget to return Vsync settings in the driver to defaults if you have forced them before. Please experiment and let us know if you have a better experience than before.

Nice to see that you've picked up on the stutter solution I've found for myself some time ago.

Not sure if it really works for VSync users, but if so: Even better.

Now if only you could reconsider your posting policy for hotfixes...

Put yourself into a server operator's shoes just for a split second:

Life could be so easy if you would just post your hotfixes to the forum's "Announcements" section.

Any Server Operator (like me) can easily follow/subscribe to that section (I did) and will get notified automatically when some new announcement comes up.

That way, a new hotfix would take me few minutes to put up on our server after release.

I'd receive an email notification, would login to the server (I can even do it from my mobile phone if I'm afk), update and restart it.

Less than 5 minutes into release, the server would be up to date.

The way you do it now, it's impossible to get any kind of push notifications for your hotfixes.

Hotfix posts are stuck somewhere in a 20+ page discussion thread which disqualifies for notifications since new posts come up every other minute.

I've missed the past two hotfixes for more than 10 hours that way and people start complaining about server downtimes.

That's not necessary and it's easy to fix it: Just post your hotfixes to the "Announcements" section and everything's fine.

:drinks:

Mike

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Nice to see that you've picked up on the stutter solution I've found for myself some time ago.

Not sure if it really works for VSync users, but if so: Even better.

Now if only you could reconsider your posting policy for hotfixes...

Put yourself into a server operator's shoes just for a split second:

Life could be so easy if you would just post your hotfixes to the forum's "Announcements" section.

Any Server Operator (like me) can easily follow/subscribe to that section (I did) and will get notified automatically when some new announcement comes up.

That way, a new hotfix would take me few minutes to put up on our server after release.

I'd receive an email notification, would login to the server (I can even do it from my mobile phone if I'm afk), update and restart it.

Less than 5 minutes into release, the server would be up to date.

The way you do it now, it's impossible to get any kind of push notifications for your hotfixes.

Hotfix posts are stuck somewhere in a 20+ page discussion thread which disqualifies for notifications since new posts come up every other minute.

I've missed the past two hotfixes for more than 10 hours that way and people start complaining about server downtimes.

That's not necessary and it's easy to fix it: Just post your hotfixes to the "Announcements" section and everything's fine.

:drinks:

Mike

They don't even have to be pinned or in the game updates thread. Each hotfix could have its own locked thread so it's noticeable when it needs to be and will drop down over time.

• Upvote 2

Wait a sec, don't you see pinned message top  of the each page in this topic? Title says Recommended Posts. If I notice new game update in launcher ,I just check last update topic

Edited by Hartigan

15 minutes ago, Hartigan said:

Wait a sec, don't you see pinned message top  of the each page in this topic? Title says Recommended Posts. If I notice new game update in launcher ,I just check last update topic

Yes but not everyone is cruising the forum all the time. The recommended posts don't give out an email notification. You can subscribe to this thread but then you get an email every time anyone replies. 

If they put a new thread for a hotfix in the announcements section it will cause the announcements section to highlight and draw attention. You can also get email notifications for announcements.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

Dear friends,

Having observed very differrent responses to the visibility change yesterday which returned to more realistic values, we have decided to add a new difficulty option called 'Alternate visibility'. It is turned on on Normal difficulty and turned off on Expert, you can also set it on or off on Custom difficulty. It can be also set by a multiplayer server owner.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Does anyone have screenshots for comparison? In VR is it better to have Alternate Visibility on?

7 hours ago, Bilbo_Baggins said:

Complete and utter gobbledygook. How does one even make this up?

Bot or Google translate.

I'm running a Nvidia card on my system and the only way I can now get decent frames rates with this latest up date is to turn on vsync in the game and put the frame limiter to 60fps, then go to the Nvidia control panel turn on vsync there to fast, otherwise it's a total slide show. Still get those micro stutters on the new maps. Hope that helps anyone.

It's beautiful what you are doing with this simulator. Impressive!

Once again thank you all team for this fantastic update 👌 Maximum joy over here 👌

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For those of us who pre-purchased "Auchtung Spitfire" what's the reason for it not being included with the latest update? Jason mentioned back in August that it would be included in the September update; however, it was not.  I know putting out the latest version and the hot fixes occupies a great deal of the team's time, however, "Auchtung Spitfire" was completed, accepted and provided to the team several months ago.  This comment is not meant to criticize the team, its just an simple question as judging from the positive comments about this scripted campaign by members of the community there certainly was a great deal of interest in it. 

5 minutes ago, deckerrunner said:

just so as you no 

you know the difference between a typhoon and a tempest right?

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, deckerrunner said:

just so as you no 

deckrunner are you really trying to use the Typhoon as an example of the Tempest carrying rockets?

Typhoon + rockets, Yes. Tempest + rockets, No.

Read more on the subject and stay quiet if you're wrong!

• Upvote 1

Tried QMB with 16 planes furball in Rhineland map. It wasn`t too bad earlier for me but there was slight stuttering every now and then. But now it`s butter smooth with in game V-sync, fps limiter at 60 and Nvidia CP Low Latency at Ultra. Never been better. Also couple of flights in MP was much better than earlier.

Good work! 👍

20 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

Dear friends,

Having observed very differrent responses to the visibility change yesterday which returned to more realistic values, we have decided to add a new difficulty option called 'Alternate visibility'. It is turned on on Normal difficulty and turned off on Expert, you can also set it on or off on Custom difficulty. It can be also set by a multiplayer server owner.

In addition, we addressed several other bugs which were found: aircraft rearming in MP works fine, windshield should correctly clear from spilled oil during repairs. We also restored the ability to put off the fire by diving and applying the rudder.

Another important addition is the ability to turn on VSync together with FPS limiter in the game graphics options. This should minimize the stuttering if you have this problem. For example. turn VSync in the game on and set the limiter to the refresh rate of your screen (or lower if your system can't cope of keeping the steady FPS at this level) - if you have a regular 60 Hz screen set the limiter to 60 or, if your system has trouble keeping it, to a lower value like 30. This should greatly reduce the stuttering coming from FPS spikes and drops and make the game smoother. Also, don't forget to return Vsync settings in the driver to defaults if you have forced them before. Please experiment and let us know if you have a better experience than before.

I have difficulties getting 60 FPS through VSync.
- If set to vsync on together with 60 fps fame limit I get 75 fps

- If VSync on without frame limiter I still get 75 FPS

- If frame limiter only is active without VSync I still get 75 FPS

Background: My monitor is capable of 75 Hz, but for the sake of recording etc., 60 Hz is enabled via Windows settings.
My guess: The game asks for the theoretical maximum a monitor is capable of, then sets that value as VSync value, ignoring settings I have made in game.
Instead it should ask for the Hz-number that is set in Windows, and use THAT as VSync-Value.
I also checked if in startup.cfg the settings Ive made in game are reflected, and they are, but the game just runs happily still at 75 FPS.

No other frame limiting software/driver settings were used including FreeSync etc. 
My hardware: Vega 56 with current driver, Ryzen 2700

Edited by Spicysauced

Undergoing weapons trials doesn't necessarily equate to using such weapons in the field.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regarding the visibility of icons.

I use VR and I'm not a fan of the settings currently used on Combat Box.

The issue for me is that I can see contacts at 20km or 30km, I'm not sure exactly how far away they are, but it's a long way, however, there is no way to judge that they are that far away as they look just like contacts at <9km, so I spend half my time going after a contact only to realise it's too far away to be of interest or I'll never catch up with it, or, I'm calling out "break" to my wingman because there's a contact behind him, only to discover, after we break into him, that it's 20km away.

sigh.

Witch

Edited by Black-Witch
  • Like 3

3.201c ?

Is there a hotfix / update released, today ??

Tempest V series 2 Armament

• 4 × 20 mm (0.787 in) Mark II Hispano cannon, 200 rpg. Later models used Mark V Hispano Cannon.
  • 2 × 500 lb (230 kg) or 1,000 lb (450 kg) bombs
  • 8 × 3 in (76.20 mm) RP-3 rockets (post-Second World War)
  • Provision for 2 × 45 imp gal (54 US gal; 200 l) or 2 × 90 imp gal (110 US gal; 410 l) drop tanks.

2 hours ago, Falcon41 said:

For those of us who pre-purchased "Auchtung Spitfire" what's the reason for it not being included with the latest update? Jason mentioned back in August that it would be included in the September update; however, it was not.  I know putting out the latest version and the hot fixes occupies a great deal of the team's time, however, "Auchtung Spitfire" was completed, accepted and provided to the team several months ago.  This comment is not meant to criticize the team, its just an simple question as judging from the positive comments about this scripted campaign by members of the community there certainly was a great deal of interest in it. 

Too many other priorities and it needs to be tested with the latest changes. It will come probably in the next update. Sorry for the confusion and my apologies for a clear comment on it's status. Did not expect so many changes to AI and other niggles that affect it coming in this update. Syndicate Team is on top of it though.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, deckerrunner said:

at 4:55 ? 

they were there?

At 3:54   tempy with rockets 

tempy Rockets JPG.JPG

55 minutes ago, Panp said:

At 3:54   tempy with rockets 

For the thousandth time...not operational during the war. Given the invasion stripes and HH fuselage code, that's most definitely a Typhoon from 175 Squadron.

Edited by LukeFF
  • Upvote 1

I did some research On the new visibility system :

If is very clear and no obstacles, and the jet plane cruises at 11,000m (37,000feet), from geometry results until the plane drop below horizon, is around 374km or 232 miles

Under ideal conditions it is limited by the angular resolution of the eye which is 0.02° and corresponds to 0.3 m at a 1 km distance.

If the plane has a wingspan of 15 m * Fw 190 * then the average person should just be able to see it at 45 km

If the plane has a wingspan of 30 m *B17* then the average person should just be able to see it at 90 km.

For  large contrails  then the average person should just be able to see it at 180 kms.

1 hour ago, [LAS]URU-Panzer said:

If the plane has a wingspan of 15 m * Fw 190 * then the average person should just be able to see it at 45 km

This is not correct. The limiting factor is not the largest extension, but the smallest. You can take a 100m long rod, if it has a diameter of only 10cm, you won't see it from 1km.

So it is not the wing span of around 12m of the FW190, but if you see it from above or below, the width of the wings, which might be something about 1.5m. And if you see it from the front or from behind, you have a thickness of some 20cm. Those values tell you from which distances you can see it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3.201c ?

Is there a hotfix / update released, today ??

Looks like it. Devs haven't said what was fixed yet that I can see.

BTW kudos to the dev team.

see at the top of the page.......;)

with Vsync ON and FPS limiter set to 60( I didnt even know that this option was deactivated) its seems to me that microstutters are gone,

however I still have some big stutter spikes for 0.5 - 1 sec sometimes. Game freeze, smoke/fire stops in the air.

also when i fly low near cities (Bobp map) and look around in external view there are popping up big blocks of buildings suddenly. (they are loading into memory?)

I keep googling, can't find anything, but is anyone working on or has posted any custom skins for the P51 or P38 yet? I know there are dozens that could be done for the P51 that we don't see in the "official" paint. Here's a couple ideas. http://silverhawkauthor.com/warplanes-of-the-second-world-war-preserved-in-the-united-states-of-america-north-american-p51d-mustang_651.html And being Canadian I had to include the RCAF camo Mustang ( C Y2) .. when I was a kid  I lived on  RCAF base Mount Hope, it was a P51 base, all planes in camo, I'd sit by the runway and watch them all day.

bfc9f3b449d2b2e2703b81676e373f2a.jpg

img_0001wm.jpg

• Upvote 1

Currently there are no P-38 or P-51 skins uploaded.  In fact there is no available template for either plane.  Be patient.  There will be more than you can shake a stick at soon as these are very popular planes to skin, especially the P-51.

2 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

with Vsync ON and FPS limiter set to 60( I didnt even know that this option was deactivated) its seems to me that microstutters are gone,

however I still have some big stutter spikes for 0.5 - 1 sec sometimes. Game freeze, smoke/fire stops in the air.

also when i fly low near cities (Bobp map) and look around in external view there are popping up big blocks of buildings suddenly. (they are loading into memory?)

I was flying tonight and found that the beginning of the sortie had lots of stutters but it smoothed out over time. Only really got a lot of stutters on the BoBP map, flew a bit on Kuban and it was pretty smooth.

Also I switched the having Vsync on in Nvidia settings and off in game - pre-hotfix it was pretty good. I suppose I will switch to in-game vsync and see if that helps.

11 часов назад, Spicysauced сказал:

Background: My monitor is capable of 75 Hz, but for the sake of recording etc., 60 Hz is enabled via Windows settings.

My guess: The game asks for the theoretical maximum a monitor is capable of, then sets that value as VSync value, ignoring settings I have made in game.

Vsync is hardware feature.

If you have 75fps in game with vsync enabled, it means the game ignored your desktop settings and set your video adapter and monitor into 75hz mode.

Try disabling "fullscreen" option in game settings to keep desktop settings.

Edited by HOPPING_PONY