Han

Game version 3.201 discussion: Rhineland and Arras maps, Tempest Mk.V, P-51D-15, P-38J-25

Can we report update issues here? First off, my map function (M) no longer works, but it is properly mapped in "Keyboard mapping".  And the other issue I have is with the AI. I'm loving the update, and I like the more intuitive fighter AI, but I have an issue with the Bomber AI now. I've seen lots of WW2 documentary films on combat footage and I heard that bombers hold formation  to provide mutual cover fire. But with this update, as soon as you attack a bomber formation, they immediately break formation and dodge, weave, and maneuver like fighter planes. Some of their turns are very sharp and I'm assuming in real life would tear the wings off the planes. Just my observation, seems unrealistic to me, but great job on everything else.

• Upvote 1

On 9/30/2019 at 2:52 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Doesn't mean anything. Art team getting cute. I'm changing these flags soon.

Jason

The Team is just trying to tell you that they can do the Pacific Theater. They know they can, They are confident!.

On 9/30/2019 at 2:57 PM, Jason_Williams said:

The update is large and everyone is trying to grab it at once. Our servers will struggle for a little while to service everyone.

My Steam install worked fine. They can afford many more servers than us. 

Please be patient everyone. 

Jason

My download went fine. it took about 20 mins at most, including installation. Thanks for the AI updates Jason. I am looking forward to checking out what your new programmer was able to teach them.;)

The P38 is awesome!

S!Blade<><

This is great! I've been map-making with only a little time for flying, but the improved spotting distances are truly amazing. Our multiplayer servers seem extra alive -- you can spot targets from miles away, especially if they are smoking or leaking! I'm "thumbs up" on the pilot physiology, even if I've killed myself several times by blacking out.

Couple of potential issues, not sure whether to report them here or elsewhere. Graphics look great on the new map, but performance in VR has taken a bit of a hit. According to my FPS tool it's GPU time, not CPU time, so your multicore rendering updates are working well for me. But for whatever reason, the new map is pretty heavy on the GPU. 

Secondly, it seems like some AA units are buried in the landscape despite using the "place on surface" button in the editor. Not sure what's happening here, it's more than just on the new map. Some kind of problem with the server?

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 4:52 AM, Jason_Williams said:

Doesn't mean anything. Art team getting cute. I'm changing these flags soon.

Jason

I did find it a bit strange that we had a Japanese flag with no Japanese aircraft, and an Italian aircraft with no Italian flag.

14 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Any Devs can give us some information how the refuel/rearm/repair feature works? Step by step? Many of us dont really understand some points in the sentences

"to the object" wich one?
"set to On" how to do so?
If we are talking about the spawnpoints, it doesnt works.

Just an unverified guess:
It might be an option just like "spotter" for any object that has an entity.

EDIT:
Checked. Yup:
RRR.thumb.jpeg.a9b85ae29de7f695107a8dcb605a690a.jpeg

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ouky1991 said:

Do you mean this will somehow reset it and then I can go back to my original settings, or the new planes don't work with buttons? Spit and K4 work fine with buttons after the update btw. 

New planes work with  buttons, you just have to assign them again in the options (new control lines have been added in the patch, intended for analog axes, but buttons / keys have to be mapped there as well).

• Thanks 1

All in all, a very nice update. Added rendering distance is finally long enough, and I understand if it might still need some finetuning.

One gripe:

in addition to big additions it contains smaller changes which were requested for some time

Logging for Ju-52 container and paratrooper drops is still not added. Please, please add it. It allows us not to rely on pre-defined trigger areas for paradrops, but have background campaign apps/scripts take care of tracking where paradrops were made -> more flexibility.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, SeaW0lf said:

Is anyone experiencing planes disappearing or almost disappearing during mid-zoom? They usually appear OK when zoomed in at 100% or 0%, but in the middle, perhaps 30 to 70%, the dots (even when they are somewhat close) shrink dramatically and some fade into thin air.

It is not the ‘leaf in the wind’ effect, when depending on the position they appear or disappear, but it is linked to the zoom feature.

It greatly disrupts spatial perception. Is this a bug? Several players confirmed this on the server I was on (Hotballs - WWI). I also saw the same thing in Berloga, perhaps even worse, as the targets move fast.

The effect of appearing and disappearing confuses and makes it impossible to track multiple objects.

I have a 2560X1080p monitor.

I am getting this too. It’s a bug which portrays really far away nearer than they are. Definitely something to do with the extended rendering distance tech. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Logging for Ju-52 container and paratrooper drops is still not added. Please, please add it. It allows us not to rely on pre-defined trigger areas for paradrops, but have background campaign apps/scripts take care of tracking where paradrops were made -> more flexibility.

Along similar lines logging for recons would be greatly appreciated. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

Just an unverified guess:
It might be an option just like "spotter" for any object that has an entity.

EDIT:
Checked. Yup:
RRR.thumb.jpeg.a9b85ae29de7f695107a8dcb605a690a.jpeg

Thank you!

9 hours ago, andres43 said:

I have a "small" trouble with the new phisiological G effect and Ju 87 Stuka.... I simply lose consciousness when i leaving the dive! 😵

That's what this is for:

ca_ju87.PNG.5eabffb8ec7f08437c35d321497f8989.PNGca_ju88.PNG.2992169719a72551fd21aced65f538d7.PNG

:ph34r:

I compliment the devs for enhancing their environment in such a nice way, that the use-case of (a formerly gimmicky) system is revealed as a sideline. :) 

[more on this: 1, 2]

Edited by JG4_dingsda
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, OBT-Lionel said:

Since the last update, I find that the visibility of "contacts" has dropped significantly. Am I the only one to have this problem?

Me too, worst I have known it!  I am very puzzled about this.  I am a VR user, Pimax 5k+, and this patch has caused my VR experience to be a minus :(

I am getting a few more fps, but visually the overall experience and capability has been made worse.  I can't see how I can fix it, as I already had made all efforts with settings to get things as good as they could be.  The patch has caused a loss of visual clarity and for some reason spotting air-to-air contacts is worse than I have ever known it!

Sadly, this has taken the edge off any enjoyment of all the new aircraft and features for me and I am unable to fly with my squad as I can't spot contacts and would be a liability. 

Talisman

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

Me too, worst I have known it!  I am very puzzled about this.  I am a VR user, Pimax 5k+, and this patch has caused my VR experience to be a minus :(

I am getting a few more fps, but visually the overall experience and capability has been made worse.  I can't see how I can fix it, as I already had made all efforts with settings to get things as good as they could be.  The patch has caused a loss of visual clarity and for some reason spotting air-to-air contacts is worse than I have ever known it!

Sadly, this has taken the edge off any enjoyment of all the new aircraft and features for me and I am unable to fly with my squad as I can't spot contacts and would be a liability. 

Talisman

Just check some of your Nvidia Control Panel 3D settings.  The ones shown here work well for me.

image.thumb.png.292f88b4c5f2af2d48304984ec19a239.png

AA Gamma correction - Off

AA Transparency 8x (supersample)

Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias CLAMP

See how you go.

Me, just trying to work out how to get FFR working stable.  Left comments for Pimax and submitted a Driver Report to Nvidia as still issues with the new driver 436.48 but the culprit might be SteamVR....

Here’s my input. 

Firstly. Thanks for your amazing hard work devs. Your a great bunch. 

Pilot gloc too easily 

contacts/spotting aircraft better at distance but they disappear mid range when you zoom in. 

Contacts visibility needs improving further. 

No farmsteads or other more general detail on the Rhineland map.

late war Northern Europe looked like a junkyard not a pristine countryside 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, blitze said:

Just check some of your Nvidia Control Panel 3D settings.  The ones shown here work well for me.

image.thumb.png.292f88b4c5f2af2d48304984ec19a239.png

AA Gamma correction - Off

AA Transparency 8x (supersample)

Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias CLAMP

See how you go.

Me, just trying to work out how to get FFR working stable.  Left comments for Pimax and submitted a Driver Report to Nvidia as still issues with the new driver 436.48 but the culprit might be SteamVR....

Thanks,

Will try AA Gamma correction - Off, as mine is 'on' an the moment.

Surprised your low latency mod is not 'Ultra'.

Great update, love the new map.

just a few questions ( I know it’s not finished )

1. When I set my weather to windy, for the small amount off ocean I do not get waves as in Kuban map,will this be implemented at a later date?

2. Will we get those funny men or women that walk around the airfields,I like this very much as it gives atmosphere to airfields.

3. the trains are still Russian trains on the new map,also are we getting any new allied or axis ships?

4. also I drove a tank into a city, do we get any dogs barking,bells ringing or any general noise ( it seems a bit dead like a ghost town)

maybe a few windmills in Holland ?

i know as the saying goes ( you can please some of the people some off the time but you can not please all off the people all off the time ) 

5. do we get river barges, I would love too see these at a later date,they made very important target as they ferried a lot goods around the country

9A654A25-4F70-4AA3-BCEE-89F79D6AAAF4.jpeg

A9445053-B2F2-4E22-8A67-D4104E96DA9A.jpeg

05FD4991-DC01-4C4F-825C-34D2BFE2E1CC.jpeg

B61734E1-358B-45B8-AAFD-7AD8771230E5.jpeg

Edited by meplanes1969

6 hours ago, Hizzy22 said:

400 rounds and no rockets

errr... 600 rounds, and it was never equipped with rockets during the war.

• Upvote 4

I am pretty sure this is not the final release version of the map. This is to get us flying over the proper places instead of flying Bodenplatte planes over Kuban. There is still much time before final release and more seasons of the map to come. I am pretty sure they know the trains and stuff are still the Russian ones since they put them there. They are likely placeholders for now.

• Upvote 1

yes I know it’s not the final work.

its just a few questions for the map too have in the future.

also I forgot will we have v1 and v2 rocket sites ( now I am really dreaming )

that would really be something, there is so many things that can be done with this map really great things too look forward to in the future.

many thanks to the devs for all the hard work 😴🤝🥳

Can confirm the big problem with contacts getting harder to track when mid zoom is used.  They (contacts) seem very visible once fully zoomed out or fully zoomed in (and thats better than before ) but when in transition they start  to lose their dark shade and  gain colours and this results in them being almost not visible. We need to merge mid zoom contact visibility from before the patch and zoomed out/in contacts after the patch and this would be perfect :D

• Upvote 1

It is not very nice when your plane is set on fire.  Not very nice at all.  I was quite discombobulated (my word of the day) until I fumbled very quickly for the bail out key.

I do not recommend it.

von Tom

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, SeaW0lf said:

¿Alguien experimenta aviones que desaparecen o casi desaparecen durante el zoom medio? Por lo general, parecen estar bien cuando se acercan al 100% o 0%, pero en el medio, tal vez del 30 al 70%, los puntos (incluso cuando están algo cerca) se encogen drásticamente y algunos se desvanecen en el aire.

No es el efecto 'hoja en el viento', cuando depende de la posición en que aparecen o desaparecen, sino que está vinculado a la función de zoom.

Altera en gran medida la percepción espacial. ¿Es esto un error? Varios jugadores confirmaron esto en el servidor en el que estaba (Hotballs - WWI). También vi lo mismo en Berloga, quizás incluso peor, ya que los objetivos se mueven rápido.

El efecto de aparecer y desaparecer confunde y hace que sea imposible rastrear múltiples objetos.

Tengo un monitor 2560X1080p.

1+ :(

• Upvote 1

Only had a chance to take a quick look, but very impressed so far by the new maps, ACs and options.

Congratulations to the team for more excellent work.

2 hours ago, BSS_Ripper* said:
  9 hours ago, Arfsix said:

New update brings new keymapping and so requires new Keymap listings for Ver. 3.201!

Enjoy!!    :biggrin:

18750352601875035260.zip 228.69 kB · 32 downloads

2 hours ago, BSS_Ripper* said:

I updated it here:

Thank you for pointing to my work. Could you tell me what part of my listings you updated so that I may correct them?

Now that I have had some time to try the new planes, fly mp and experience many of the new features including the new distance view I would like to say this to the devs:

Best update EVER!!!

• Upvote 2

Minor thing: I suppose the tower on Dam Square Amsterdam is meant to be 'De Eendracht' (aka Het Naatje op de Dam)?

The statue was removed in 1914 already.

934906593_DamSquare.thumb.jpg.d0e5b0f49379ade3de16bdccfc11426f.jpg

1731292709_DamSquareBeforeWWII.thumb.jpg.a7a40d281a21daf5d99d414fdf5ef561.jpg

During WWII there was a park:

1661089154_DamSquareWWII.jpg.8c0ddc41872c99aeafbf08e8df013e6a.jpg

Footage of Dam Square at the 7th of May 1945, two days after the war.

German soldiers killed 32 civilians and wounded 231 of them.

Edited by Uufflakke

Hey I see folks talking about a 5+GB update. Mine is dling now and it is only 3.7GB. I own FC and TC as well so am I kinda curious why mine seems smaller than reported by other users? And I do own all the available content, BOS included but as it was bought on Steam I do not get a badge for it sadly. Just seems odd is all. 

Edited by Torso

Hi. How do I link the throttle and RPM levers together on mustang pls? Thanks 

Awesome Update! Thank you!

Just because I think it should be mentioned, the only glaring issue for me at this time is that the zoom fails to work at medium ranges to zoom in on aircraft, they actually get smaller with zoom, (this using the VR zoom but I think it is the same for all users). If this could be looked into, it would be appreciated. 

Outstanding  update! 👍

...  but not an outstanding map: The Ruhr-area looks like an agricultural landscape and not like the industrial agglomeration of 1940.

The agricultural landscape looks like a modern farmland (fields close to Cologne are larger than quarters of the town) and not like a fragmented pattern of small fields and meadows and small villages.

I think, I expected too much. The engine was made for the wide open spaces of Russia.

Tempest, P-39, P-51 - I love it! 🤩

Thank you!

Schaefer

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, JG4_dingsda said:

That's what this is for:

ca_ju87.PNG.5eabffb8ec7f08437c35d321497f8989.PNGca_ju88.PNG.2992169719a72551fd21aced65f538d7.PNG

:ph34r:

I compliment the devs for enhancing their environment in such a nice way, that the use-case of (a formerly gimmicky) system is revealed as a sideline. :) 

[more on this: 1, 2]

I loved this feature in CLOD, but this isn't in BOX yet, right?

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much for your work devteam! Thank you from our whole COOP community! 

I was not very excited when plans for the following period were announced in November 2017. I thought I'll buy only Lightning from that whole offer. But in the end I decided to make a little bigger purchase in IL2 store. 😀 I think the developers of this sim are doing great work.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:17 AM, LukeFF said:

I had a lot of fun with this during beta testing, with some help from @Obelix: :)

(Just don't tell Robin Olds 😄 )

2019_9_12__6_8_55.png

2019_9_11__8_34_48.png

Back on Page two of this thread; this pic is Ella Raines ...a Seattle born actress of the late 1940's one of a crop of actresses signed in Hollywood to try to duplicate the drowsy bed room-eyed style & success of Lauren Bacall at Warner Bros...others included Lizabeth Scott, Yvonne DeCarlo, Nancy Guild plus a few others.Most were used to fill out the then  (& still) popular film noir films of that period 1945- 1952 or so , and most like starlettes even today had after a big studio build up a rather short shelf life with the exception of Ms Bacall who was probably the best of the lot & remained acting well into maturity..Ms raines eventually returned to teach acting her at the University of Washington.

All of these and more would make great snapshot pinups for our cockpits, if only i knew how to do it quickly & easily.years ago  BTW CloD had this option as well...

c807ce2e4cfcc9019eb3fc74f58e6d19.thumb.png.a18d844470551669528a8559a1893628.png

Edited by Blitzen
added info