fjacobsen

JU-87 Contact altimer and auto recover

Not sure if it has been asked before (searched the forum, but did not find)....

Will the contact altimeter be simulated and also the auto recovery sstem of the Stuka ?

I´m just curious - not complaining here at 51% :)

FinnJ

If I remember correctly they sayed in Q&A section that the Stuka won't get an auto recovery system like in CloD, don't know about the contact altimeter :scratch_one-s_head:

Edited by [Jg26]5tuk4

There is no need for the contract altimeter when there is no automated dive recovery. If the flight model in BoS is as good as advertised, it should be easy to make the dive recovery work.

• Upvote 1

If I remember correctly they sayed in Q&A section that the Stuka won't get an auto recovery system like in CloD, don't know about the contact altimeter :scratch_one-s_head:

Really? That would be quite disappointing.

:huh:

• Upvote 1

Both these features may be added fter release, they are somewhere in the plans.

• Upvote 10

Thanks Zak, for clearing that up. Waiting till after release will be no problem, as long as we know, it's coming.

:salute:

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 1

Good news! I apologize for my earlier statement! :salute: I'm already very exited about the sirens as well.

Edited by [Jg26]5tuk4

No problem if it is implementet after release, but it will be disappointing if they doesn´t implement it.

FinnJ

• Upvote 2

Just read Stuka Pilot by Helmut Mahlke.  He indicated that pilots did not like the auto-recovery because it make them too predictable in the pull out re anti-aircraft weapons.

But good news that this feature will/maybe included post release. 

The dive recovery of the B-2 was linked to the altimeter. At the preset altitude the bombs were dropped and dive ended automatically.

The D-series did not have the safety system activated (it would not automatically recover from a dive even if the pilot was unconcious) but you could set the altimeter to the desired altitude, go into a dive, press the B-button and the bombs would only drop at the preset alt. The 1000kg bomb had to be dropped with the dive recovery, otherwise the bomb would not fall (needed the G-forces of the recovery). The bombs were dropped at the end of the dive, as the system already initiates the climb.

And I hope they add this feature after release. Would ruin my experience as the Ju-87 is the only plane I ever fly.

Thanks for the heads-up Zak!

• Upvote 2

Good news Zak. Even if it comes a bit later it's great to know that things like that will be available at some point!

Same here, I really hope the plan is still on.

It's these small features that could lead more people into getting BoS/BoM.

This is a year old thread, and we still (AFAIK) have not seen the auto recovery.

I sure hope they will find the time to do it, as in BOM there's no Stuka at all.

• Upvote 2

This is a year old thread, and we still (AFAIK) have not seen the auto recovery.

I sure hope they will find the time to do it, as in BOM there's no Stuka at all.

+1

• Upvote 2

as in BOM there's no Stuka at all.
That's actually the reason I started to worry about it and wanted to revive the thread.

Good idea to revive the thread. I would think that this feature has simply been buried in all the other things the devs has had on their plate. I just think they need to be reminded.

• Upvote 1

+1

Good idea to revive the thread. I would think that this feature has simply been buried in all the other things the devs has had on their plate. I just think they need to be reminded.

I think that feature could be installed as a "Macro" ?

Would that work?

Hit one button on a gaming mouse or flight controller, and a series of commands activate a set sequence of timed actions?

Macro....

Bump.

Amazing, someone went back and found and old thread instead of opening a new one. How about we expand this to include a Stuvi as well?

ju88dive.jpg

I'm all for it Klaus, but I fear the team is still small and very busy.

But, like Gandalf said: "There's always hope".

This is something I really miss every single time i bomb with the Stuka. Important things like this really ought to be included in a simulator, or else it feels too much like a game.

• Upvote 2

someone went back and found and old thread

It wasn't that hard, I just put "contact altimeter" in the search function and I found the thread on the first page that came up.

include a Stuvi as well

Good idea.

How about we expand this to include a Stuvi as well?

The original D-1 manual makes no reference to a Sturzvisier at all, it contains only references to the standard Revi 12. Apparently it was not before late 1943 and the D-5 that a Stuvi 5b was added to a Ju 87.

The original D-1 manual makes no reference to a Sturzvisier at all, it contains only references to the standard Revi 12. Apparently it was not before late 1943 and the D-5 that a Stuvi 5b was added to a Ju 87.

Generally speaking about german Dive Bombing Technology, the Stuvi being for the Ju-88. 

I found interesting information regarding the Ju 87's automatic system in the book "Memoirs of Stuka Pilot" written by Helmut Mahlke. Pilots of his unit (he was in command of 2(St)./Tr.Gr 186) were questioned by E. Milch during his visit at 29th August 1940 about that system. They clearly stated that "...it is useless for operations. We don't want it we don't need it and we remove it from all planes as soon as we get them from factory." The main reason was the predictability of flight path 'cause if the system was in use all planes egress from attack via the same path. Thus they were easily hit by AA defense. And because they had to utilized all the plane control to avoid flak any kind of automated system was counter-productive.

I'll post additional info later.

Below is the link for the book.

https://www.amazon.com/Memoirs-Stuka-Pilot-Helmit-Mahlke-ebook/dp/B00ISYMY4U/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1484833004&sr=1-2&keywords=Stuka

Did that also count for other planes that had it?

Maybe planes who didn't attack in such large numbers kept it?

After taking my bomb release much too low & too fast ( yes even with airbrakes lowered ) I look forward to this addition when it comes.I'ver gotten used to it in CloD where Fm seems to slow up the dive a bit more & auto release save me from making a large hole on the Channel or excavating a mine shaft in England! :dry:

Good news, I found in the Q&A section that Han answered a member who asked for this that it's gonna be implemented in the future.

I forgot the page but it's one of the last few ones, look it up for yourselves or take my word for it.

Good news, I found in the Q&A section that Han answered a member who asked for this that it's gonna be implemented in the future.

I forgot the page but it's one of the last few ones, look it up for yourselves or take my word for it.

To keep clear expectations - Han mentioned they would like to do this at some point. Maybe we'll get lucky and see a few new features come out during the two months of summer where no new content is planned to be released.

To keep clear expectations - Han mentioned they would like to do this at some point. Maybe we'll get lucky and see a few new features come out during the two months of summer where no new content is planned to be released.

To keep clear from being taken for one who starts unnecessary expectations, I found the post for you, it's in one of Han's answers.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/7-questions-developers/page-56

Edited by FlyingShark

"In future, yes".

Thumbs together.....

• Upvote 1

Yes, and plans are always subject to change.

Sorry guys, I just wanted to point out to what Han recently said concerning this subject.

I'll try and be less positive in the future.

Edited by FlyingShark
  • Upvote 1