So where does the Hurricane fit in the current scheme

busdriver

14 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

...sorry, spaced for a second.

We were talking about the Zero right?

No no, we were talking about the Oscar

Oh sorry.

Hey did you know that an Oscar was witnessed doing a double immeleman? 

Try that in a stinking 109.

Just thinking :) - we can still expand the Axis side (without tipping on CloD toes) and reinforce Moscow map by doing Battle of France. The battle was pretty interesting in the air, even with disastrous ground campaign kill ratios in the air actually favoured French. (Much work on the map will be already done in FC terrain and BoB objects...)

In Allied corner, I give you (so many to choose from)
Curtiss Hawk 
M.S.406
Either Potez 630 or Dewoitine D.520
Martin Maryland
Hurricane Mk.I as bonus plane

In Axis corner, we can have
Bf-109 E-1 / Bf-109 E-3 (possibly as one airplane)
Bf-110 C-? 
Ju-87 B-2 (much needed in Moscow area)
Dornier 17
Fiat CR.42 or G.50?

Edited by J2_Trupobaw
  • Like 1

@J2_Trupobaw Better something like this:

Allies:

MS406

Hurricane Mk I

Fairey Battle

Breguet 693

Premium Curtiss H.75

Axis:

Bf 109 E-3

Bf 110 C-4 (?)

Ju-87 B-2

Dornier 17

Premium Henschel Hs 123

• Like 2

Hey both of yous'

Allies:

MS406 - F4F Wildcat

Hurricane Mk I - SBD Dauntless

Fairey Battle - P400

Breguet 693 - PBY

Premium Curtiss - B-26

Axis:

Bf 109 E-3 - A6M2 Zero

Bf 110 C-4  - Val

Ju-87 B-2 - Kate

Dornier 17 - Betty

Premium - Rufe

:P

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Oops, I meant to put that guy in there.

Replace the P-400 with the Avenger and just prepare an allied version of the already in game P-39 (think we could use it...)

Also, I need my IJAAF planes :P

• Upvote 1

Need an E13A Jake or something similar with spotting capability that can take off from a Cruiser.   I’d like a commerce raiding option for the Pacific career.  :)

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, [TWB]Reagan said:

You forgot the Hellcat

That comes later with the A6M5  :)

Just now, Feathered_IV said:

Need an E13A Jake or something similar with spotting capability that can take off from a Cruiser.   I’d like a commerce raiding option for the Pacific career.  :)

We need float planes.

Pete, Jake, PBY, Rufe etc

Emily is the dream.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can someone give me some insight into why the CLOD mod team has cornered the market on Battle of Britain?  I mean, it has been Years since CLOD was released and I don’t see why an active real publisher has surrendered use of that campaign?  Did the MOD team buy the rights or something or are the devs best friends maybe?  I honestly don’t know the context of that policy.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Jaegermeister

Not exactly confirmation that we are getting the Hurricane II but pretty darn close. I’m good with that because it will fit in nicely in the CBI theatre later on. 😀

ShamrockOneFive
1 hour ago, WIS-Redcoat said:

Can someone give me some insight into why the CLOD mod team has cornered the market on Battle of Britain?  I mean, it has been Years since CLOD was released and I don’t see why an active real publisher has surrendered use of that campaign?  Did the MOD team buy the rights or something or are the devs best friends maybe?  I honestly don’t know the context of that policy.

The short story goes like this. Maddox Games developed the original IL-2 through to IL-2: Cliffs of Dover. CloD was unfinished at release and a buggy mess that was never fully corrected ...at first. Later a team of enthusiasts formed a group called Team Fusion and they implemented a series of fixes and unofficial patches to the game to make it work better. Later, 1C Game Studios (the new developers of IL-2) signed an agreement with Team Fusion making them an official developer group and giving them more control over the project. Cliffs of Dover is now selling as the Blitz Edition on Steam and brings in some extra revenue.

With it covering Battle of Britain and working towards North Africa, it's likely that the IL-2: Great Battles Series will steer clear of those areas for now so as not to compete with themselves (really). There's various arguments on the validity of that strategy or even the veracity of how closely 1CGS will work to avoid overlap but that's the basics.

• Upvote 3

@Gambit21 @Feathered_IV The E13A was the recoinassance floatplane for the IJN and a better counterpart to the PBY role than the Rufe (which is just a floatplane fighter with no recon roles to it) if we have to make out a 5+5 set

Edited by Alexmarine28

1 hour ago, WIS-Redcoat said:

Adding on to Shamrock's answer, Jason wants to see what Team Fusion has to offer the flight sim community before deciding to compete with their products. Basically while 1CGS goes to the Pacific, TFS will go to the Med and other early Western Front areas. Once that's complete, they'll go to the Battle of Britain and MTO, etc. BUT ONLY if they have the resources. I think 1CGS doesn't have the resources currently to make those areas properly. Likely too many planes and ships required to be made.

In IL-2 1946 the Gulf of Finland map was used for the Battle of Britain; currently there's a 3rd Party team working on a similar map, so there.

I don't think it greatly matters if a particular battle isn't covered in IL-2 GBs while it is in IL-2 Cliffs of Dover. As long as it's covered in the IL-2 Sturmovik series (excluding most/some areas in IL-2 1946 and BoP) and it's not a buggy mess like the ORIGINAL CloD (which it won't), then that's all that matters.

Hope this helps.

4 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Hey both of yous'

Allies:

MS406 - F4F Wildcat

Hurricane Mk I - SBD Dauntless

Fairey Battle - P400

Breguet 693 - PBY

Premium Curtiss - B-26

Axis:

Bf 109 E-3 - A6M2 Zero

Bf 110 C-4  - Val

Ju-87 B-2 - Kate

Dornier 17 - Betty

Premium - Rufe

:P

That list upset me 

no devastator

2 hours ago, Alexmarine28 said:

@Gambit21 @Feathered_IV The E13A was the recoinassance floatplane for the IJN and a better counterpart to the PBY role than the Rufe (which is just a floatplane fighter with no recon roles to it) if we have to make out a 5+5 set

I like the Rufe is all - good to have a float fighter. I had tons of fun with it in 46.

5 nations, yes, but 2 sides, and no shortage of planes.

Can't say I'm terribly excited for the choice to fall on even more Russians if that's the scenario we're facing. Time for the Japanese to step in, Sonnō jōi!

4 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

I like the Rufe is all - good to have a float fighter. I had tons of fun with it in 46.

ela6m2vw9.jpg

Yes indeed!

• Like 1

6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann

Ki-43 needs to come someday. It makes my Hairs stand on end, just watching how beautiful it must fly.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

-=PHX=-SuperEtendard
13 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Hey did you know that an Oscar was witnessed doing a double immeleman? 

Try that in a stinking 109.

It can be done in the E-7 and K-4 ^^

-=PHX=-SuperEtendard
8 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Yeah? I had no idea.

Not that easy though, you need some speed and set the stabilizer to help with the pitch up.

14 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Later, 1C Game Studios (the new developers of IL-2) signed an agreement with Team Fusion making them an official developer group and giving them more control over the project. Cliffs of Dover is now selling as the Blitz Edition on Steam and brings in some extra revenue.

Well that sucks.  I wanted to like CLoD but lacking VR and using an entirely different game engine is putting off.  But heck, if we do get the Hurricane II we already have the ROF channel map.  Import that bad boy and let us pretend.

29 minutes ago, WIS-Redcoat said:

Well that sucks. 

It’s great.

I gives me peace of mind about the direction of this product in the coming years. 

As to the Uber planes being used by those of us of lesser capability, I'd like to suggest a unique aircraft, the type of which is not modeled in any form in this series. Large wing area, lightweight, twin pusher props, good view over the nose. It could take off from virtually any field. The Wight Flyer. Instant buy for MP pilots with big kahunas. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rjel said:

As to the Uber planes being used by those of us of lesser capability, I'd like to suggest a unique aircraft, the type of which is not modeled in any form in this series. Large wing area, lightweight, twin pusher props, good view over the nose. It could take off from virtually any field. The Wight Flyer. Instant buy for MP pilots with big kahunas. 

The Wright flyer would still have longer flights than most of my MP forays.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Alexmarine28 said:

Also, I need my IJAAF planes :P

If you are talking from initial/early South East Asia point of view onwards, then how about:-

Ki-27

Ki-43

Ki-30

Ki-21

With the prospect of the Ki-44 & Ki-61 coming later in the time line. Of course you may also have the Ki-45 in there as well which could possibly replace the Ki-30. Especially as the RAF sent Beaufighters to the theatre (mid 43 I think).

How's that for starters?

Obviously from the allied side, the two early fighters would be the F2A Buffalo and Mk.IIb Hurricane. Not sure when the P40 Tomahawk arrived in theatre. Initial Light & Heavy bombers, not sure on that.

Edited by Atlasapl
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rjel said:

The Wight Flyer. Instant buy for MP pilots with big kahunas. 

Sorry, won't be buying that until Jason confirms it's the White Pine version with the extra boost.  

If its the goddamn Spruce version then I'm done with the whole thing...................:wacko:

• Haha 2

ShamrockOneFive
2 hours ago, WIS-Redcoat said:

Well that sucks.  I wanted to like CLoD but lacking VR and using an entirely different game engine is putting off.  But heck, if we do get the Hurricane II we already have the ROF channel map.  Import that bad boy and let us pretend.

We've asked about the Channel map from ROF. Apparently its harder to try and import and fix the problems than it is to build from scratch. So we won't see that map but IF the team were to do Normandy next and that map was of sufficient size - the channel war and a faux Battle of Britain is possible.

Honestly if I never see the BOB recreated in a sim again I wouldn't bat an eye. Been done a hundred times, gets old after a while.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

Honestly if I never see the BOB recreated in a sim again I wouldn't bat an eye. Been done a hundred times, gets old after a while.

No, it’s been done like three times, and nothing recently.  The last best BOB flight sim was “their finest hour” in 1989.