Black September IV - Flying Circus

J5_Baeumer

Black Septermber IV - Flying Circus  

116 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to fly this introductory campaign?

• Central and Entente Teams that DO NOT SWITCH each week.
    • Red and Blue Teams that DO SWITCH sides each week.
    • Pilots (not teams) MAY SWITCH sides on a first come, first served space available basis at the start of each weeks mission. Would help even sides if attendance is unpredictable.
  2. 2. Which side would you prefer to fly? (select all that apply)

• Both (I may wish to fly different sides different weeks sometimes)
    • Either side (put me where you need me if there are teams/sides)
    • German Preferred
    • German Only (don't select other options)
    • Entente Only (don't select other options)
    • Entente Preferred
  3. 3. Do you plan on flying Black September?

Many thanks to everyone involved in organising and enabling this campaign and thank you to all participants.  It was very enjoyable and a nice learning curve for me.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman
  • Upvote 1

Like to add my thanks to J5 and the campaign organisers too.

Got to fly with a variety of excellent pilots and had great fun.

On top of that, FC itself proved to be an excellent platform even at this early stage. Updating graphics and game engine does make a difference! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Adler_Blau said:

Unfortunately you not mention guys who eran the victory for them teams on twoseaters far behind the enemy line in the mud.

The fame always goes together with the A2A kill-count. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Adler_Blau said:

Unfortunately you not mention guys who eran the victory for them teams on twoseaters far behind the enemy line in the mud.

😁

We mud movers are use to carrying the victory 😁 and getting no glory. Actually we prefer to sneak in and out!. 😂😁😂

• Like 1

I suppose the bomber pilots do like the noice, but as recon pilot I'm not unhappy if no one sees me coming :D.

(Saw two of you guys blowing up a barge while under heavy attack yesterday, on the way to the village I was photographing. Great job, eearie watching it from above hoping no one will look up ;) ). 

Adler, Larner is a fighter through and through, no wonder his newspapers include only air to air aspect.

Great job, J5. Can't wait to see what you'll do with Areas map. (Operation Michael next BA?)

• Upvote 1

Observing this and other FC events, it seems they account for practically all MP activity; a situation similar to but worse than that in RoF.  I'm not sure what could be done to change that, but I wonder if anyone can convince themselves that the answer may lie in a map covered in French place names, with an unpopulated strip of land dividing it.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cynic_Al said:

Observing this and other FC events, it seems they account for practically all MP activity; a situation similar to but worse than that in RoF.  I'm not sure what could be done to change that, but I wonder if anyone can convince themselves that the answer may lie in a map covered in French place names, with an unpopulated strip of land dividing it.

I think you might be onto something Watson.

There was quite a lot of activity on test server that was running FC missions on weekdays. I hope the place stays up and evolves into proper day to day server.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

=IRFC=Hellbender
1 hour ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

There was quite a lot of activity on test server that was running FC missions on weekdays. I hope the place stays up and evolves into proper day to day server.

People were practising on it quite a bit, but the mission itself needs to be less complex and smaller in scale for day-to-day dogfighting. Something closer to BERLOGA, with opposing airfields across the mud which have all planes available with unlocked loadouts, some ground attack around the trenches and maybe some recon/bombing objectives further back.

It's too bad we don't have an actual working radio/camera which you need to operate manually (or do we?), I always enjoyed those missions in RoF.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

Adler, Larner is a fighter through and through, no wonder his newspapers include only air to air aspect.

Guilty as charged! 

I'll pay more attention to two-seaters in future papers. 

• Like 1

S! All

Great campaign!

Two things to take away from this experience.

Second thing is that this is just a simple effort at FC. For those that have seen Black September in previous years, you know that Mathius is going to make some spectacular missions.

First and most important, the community came together and worked together to make this a fun event.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, US103_Larner said:

Guilty as charged! 

I'll pay more attention to two-seaters in future papers. 

And less ingame, I expect.

(a clarification, for the benefit of the confused: fortunately last time we met you only had the chance to pay attention to my engines, and the Gotha is a great glider, although the factory ground staff may disagree)

Edited by J2_Bidu
clarification
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2019 at 10:00 PM, 1PL-Lucas-1Esk said:

Lol, looks like I am the only one who prefers to fly Entente 😄

Hi i see you have a skin pack, would you like it added to the unofficial Flying Circus Skin Bundle ?

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
17 minutes ago, GCF said:

Hi i see you have a skin pack, would you like it added to the unofficial Flying Circus Skin Bundle ?

Not yet, as I am still working on it. One plane to repaint, some personal skins and we should be ready to go. And I am considering changing the naming convention to RoF-style (y_sc_xxx.dds and z_sc_xxx.dds, etc.)