Gungriffen

Why do all flight sims refuse to adopt voice chat?!

5 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

All my forays into voice coms go something like this:

*NEW PLAYER*

"...but the GTS is definitely the better car."

"Hey y'all.  This is uh, Jay-Gee Feeftie Tew, Uh... Werner Moelders here.  Uh, Hey y'all... w'sup?"

Infinite_Valor: "Oh hey Moelders"

JG52_Werner_Moelders: "Oh hey Infinite_Valor, w'sup?"

"I had a GTS once. They..."

Norwegian accent guy with new microphone: "I SEE TWO BANDITS. TWO BANDITS, HEADING THESE WAY!!!"

Wants_2B_Yr_Wingman: "Norwegian guy; What location?"

Norwegian accent guy with new microphone: "OF TOO MY LEFT!"

Wants_2B_Yr_Wingman: "No, no. I mean what grid refere..."

*NEW PLAYER*

Cyrillic_login guy:  ".........."

*PLAYER Exited*

Cyrillic_login guy exited...

"...its all about the cars..."

Blind Guy in a Dark Closet:  "There's someone on the ground parked next to me.  Is that you B2?"

Second Blind Guy in a Dark Closet: "I don't know.  Is that you flashing your lights B1?"

First Blind Guy in a Dark Closet: "No. The guy next to me is firing his guns.  Who is that firing his guns next to me???"

Norwegian accent guy with new microphone:  "THEY ARE CLOSER NOW!!"

Wants_2B_Yr_Wingman: "Where???"

Norwegian accent guy with new microphone:  "FREE TOUSAND METRES...!"

Wants_2B_Yr_Wingman: "Yes, but..."

First Blind Guy in a Dark Closet: "The person next to me, please move..."

Candy wrapper guy:  **crackle-crackle**

"...even more cool cars that I can name..."

First Blind Guy in a Dark Closet: "Please..."

*NEW PLAYER*

Cyrillic_login guy: "...."

JG52_Werner_Moelders: "Oh hey Cyrillic_login guy, w'sup?"

*PLAYER Exited*

JG52_Werner_Moelders: "Aww..."

Infinite_Valor: "I have to go..."

Infinite_Valor: "Mom says I have to clean the yard"

Norwegian accent guy with new microphone:  "HELP ME!!!"

First Blind Guy in a Dark Closet: "Is that you in the Focke, B1?"

Second Blind guy in a dark closet: "No, I'm in the Heinkel"

Wants_2B_Yr_Wingman: "Norwegian accent guy with the new microphone, you have to tell me where..."

Norwegian accent guy with new microphone:  "I'M TAKING HITS!!!"

First Blind Guy in a Dark Closet: "I thought you said you were in the Focke."

Second Blind Guy in a Dark Closet: "That's right. I'm definitely in the Messer."

First Blind Guy in a Dark Closet: "Wait, what?"

Norwegian accent guy with new microphone:  "TEY ARE A TACKY WHY WON"T YOU HELP ME???"

Wants_2B_Yr_Wingman: "Dude, You have to tell me WHERE"

Norwegian accent guy with new microphone:  "AT MY SIX O'CLOCK!!!"

Wants_2B_Your_Wingman: "Oh for crying out LOUD!"

JG52_Werner_Moelders: "Oh Hey... W'sup?"

:wacko:

Hilarious! It's funny because it's so true.

I would NEVER advocate for a system to support that type of banter. I'd sooner saw my own head off than listen to that. Squad channels are the place for that nonsense.

What I'd like to see is an open "Range" channel with a 5-7 second maximum transmission cutoff timer, and separate "Axis" and "Allied" channels for official transmissions. When radio discipline is not adhered to on these channels, members of the community should self police these actions. If users diligently remind offenders, "Not on open comms; Take it to a private squad channel" then, with the number of "mature" members in this community we can surely cultivate a culture of radio discipline on the open channels.

Not to forget that we play on private servers which each have their own rules and regulations. Sending a recorded track of serious radio discipline infractions to server admins could result in a penalty against the offenders should such actions be desired. Some servers may be without regulation for comms interactions while other servers may have a no tolerance policy towards a lack of radio discipline on open channels.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Niner said:

Hilarious! It's funny because it's so true.

I would NEVER advocate for a system to support that type of banter. I'd sooner saw my own head off than listen to that. Squad channels are the place for that nonsense.

What I'd like to see is an open "Range" channel with a 5-7 second maximum transmission cutoff timer, and separate "Axis" and "Allied" channels for official transmissions. When radio discipline is not adhered to on these channels, members of the community should self police these actions. If users diligently remind offenders, "Not on open comms; Take it to a private squad channel" then, with the number of "mature" members in this community we can surely cultivate a culture of radio discipline on the open channels.

Not to forget that we play on private servers which each have their own rules and regulations. Sending a recorded track of serious radio discipline infractions to server admins could result in a penalty against the offenders should such actions be desired. Some servers may be without regulation for comms interactions while other servers may have a no tolerance policy towards a lack of radio discipline on open channels.

Yes, I’m sure the knowledge that some stranger might be recording your comms would make this even more popular.  /sarcasm

Edited by BraveSirRobin

1 minute ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Yes, I’m sure the knowledge that some stranger might be recording your comms would make this even more popular.  /sarcasm

If you're using the radio properly what is there to be afraid of?

"109 heading northeast in 1019, check six"

"need triple-A down at warehouse"

"Ju-87 inbound for ships, 3 minutes out, request cover"

"Two bandits spotted 0807, heading 270, alt 3000"

Oh no! Someone might be recording me. Eeeeeek!

3 minutes ago, Niner said:

If you're using the radio properly what is there to be afraid of?

"109 heading northeast in 1019, check six"

"need triple-A down at warehouse"

"Ju-87 inbound for ships, 3 minutes out, request cover"

"Two bandits spotted 0807, heading 270, alt 3000"

Oh no! Someone might be recording me. Eeeeeek!

Because, as Feathered seemed to make quite clear, that’s NOT what community comms is usually used for.  Even on squad comms that is used for tactical purposes there is often other chatter.  The idea that some random group of people is going to suddenly become a disciplined group of combat pilots when they get on this fantasy comms feature is completely ludicrous.

Except it's not completely ludicrous if private server admins wish to enforce penalties for rule infractions, but I guess you missed that part. And as I've said to you multiple times already, there are already squad comms for this other chatter. What else you got?

I completely agree that a plugin is created to use cockpit radios.

But we must take into account the high quality that the team wants to give to the game.
Infact, a particular operation for each radio of each aircraft, and each period.

We know, for example, that the Russian radio of the beginning of the war were settled before decolage, and were of a null efficiency, very weak range, very bad sound quality.
The spitfires had only 5 preset channels etc etc etc .....

On the other hand, at the end of the war, the aliers had made a lot of progress, especially with ground control, guidance and coordination.

Adapting all this to the game would be very interesting for me, but on the condition of respecting a certain "historical reality" and its peculiarities.

And I think that would be very difficult for them.

But perhaps marshal air mode, even without VOIP, will help some players to regroup more easily for a common goal.

Subject already mentioned:

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Niner said:

Except it's not completely ludicrous if private server admins wish to enforce penalties for rule infractions, but I guess you missed that part. And as I've said to you multiple times already, there are already squad comms for this other chatter. What else you got?

Yes, I’m sure the WoL admins, who don’t speak a word of English, will do a fine job policing the English speaking comms channel.  It definitely sounds like the sort of thing that I’d like to spend all my spare time doing.

Just now, BraveSirRobin said:

Yes, I’m sure the WoL admins, who don’t speak a word of English, will do a fine job policing the English speaking comms channel.  It definitely sounds like the sort of thing that I’d like to spend all my spare time doing.

Because you would obviously rather spend all your spare time policing the forums.

Just now, Niner said:

Because you would obviously rather spend all your spare time policing the forums.

No, I spend most of my time golfing. 

Elite:Dangerous has quite good in-game comms. Because it has one thing that makes it usable. Quick,easy and convenient ingame creation/disbanding of so called "Wings" = groups of up to 4 players with their own automatically assigned comms. Creator of the "Wing" can also kick others out (if they abuse radio, are AFK, do some other stupid stuff). I can imagine such feature to be levelled up to create larger units with several "wings", always having a commander, who can shut up/kick out anoying people.

• Upvote 2

It’s just like the norm here for everybody to make any topic too complicated. 

If there was a voice chat directly built into the game and required zero effort on the part of players to install or understand it. Still very few people would end up using it. 

Having multiple voice channels and rules on servers about what you can say on them? 🤯

Arma3 VOIP work well, can use various "channels" selectable with keys ( . ,): 

• Global – to all players
  • Side – to your faction (Blue, Green, Red)
  • Command – to your faction commanders
  • Group – to your command group
  • Vehicle – to players in the same vehicle
  • Direct – to players in a close distance

Someone can create an private "group" inviting other players to join.

Can mute any "GTS car blablabla" guy by click over their name in VOIP list.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Feathered’s situation is probably quite common.  The next most common situation seems to be near total silence with the occasional cough or sneeze.  Community comms is practically useless.  

Bro you said this shit ten times in the thread already we get it.

4 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

Yep pretty much exactly how squads comms work and I think they'd work awesome in this game as well. Being able to join a wing when you jump on the server and able to chat with the 4 mates your with would be stellar. It's a great idea that I hope to see implemented at some point.

1 minute ago, JonRedcorn said:

Bro you said this shit ten times in the thread already we get it.

No, you clearly don't.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

No, you clearly don't.

😂  Great stuff champ.

Edited by JonRedcorn

On 8/4/2019 at 1:13 PM, BraveSirRobin said:

That's a lot more than "hardly anyone" 

if 5 out of 100 doesnt make it "hardly anyone" for you, then IDK

On 8/5/2019 at 6:22 AM, Feathered_IV said:

All my forays into voice coms go something like this:

*NEW PLAYER*

"...but the GTS is definitely the better car."

"Hey y'all.  This is uh, Jay-Gee Feeftie Tew, Uh... Werner Moelders here.  Uh, Hey y'all... w'sup?"

Infinite_Valor: "Oh hey Moelders"

JG52_Werner_Moelders: "Oh hey Infinite_Valor, w'sup?"

"I had a GTS once. They..."

Norwegian accent guy with new microphone: "I SEE TWO BANDITS. TWO BANDITS, HEADING THESE WAY!!!"

Wants_2B_Yr_Wingman: "Norwegian guy; What location?"

Norwegian accent guy with new microphone: "OF TOO MY LEFT!"

Wants_2B_Yr_Wingman: "No, no. I mean what grid refere..."

*NEW PLAYER*

Cyrillic_login guy:  ".........."

*PLAYER Exited*

"...its all about the cars..."

Blind Guy in a Dark Closet:  "There's someone on the ground parked next to me.  Is that you B2?"

Second Blind Guy in a Dark Closet: "I don't know.  Is that you flashing your lights B1?"

First Blind Guy in a Dark Closet: "No. The guy next to me is firing his guns.  Who is that firing his guns next to me???"

Norwegian accent guy with new microphone:  "THEY ARE CLOSER NOW!!"

Wants_2B_Yr_Wingman: "Where???"

Norwegian accent guy with new microphone:  "FREE TOUSAND METRES...!"

Wants_2B_Yr_Wingman: "Yes, but..."

First Blind Guy in a Dark Closet: "The person next to me, please move..."

Candy wrapper guy:  **crackle-crackle**

"...even more cool cars that I can name..."

First Blind Guy in a Dark Closet: "Please..."

*NEW PLAYER*

Cyrillic_login guy: "...."

JG52_Werner_Moelders: "Oh hey Cyrillic_login guy, w'sup?"

*PLAYER Exited*

JG52_Werner_Moelders: "Aww..."

Infinite_Valor: "I have to go..."

Infinite_Valor: "Mom says I have to clean the yard"

Norwegian accent guy with new microphone:  "HELP ME!!!"

First Blind Guy in a Dark Closet: "Is that you in the Focke, B1?"

Second Blind guy in a dark closet: "No, I'm in the Heinkel"

Wants_2B_Yr_Wingman: "Norwegian accent guy with the new microphone, you have to tell me where..."

Norwegian accent guy with new microphone:  "I'M TAKING HITS!!!"

First Blind Guy in a Dark Closet: "I thought you said you were in the Focke."

Second Blind Guy in a Dark Closet: "That's right. I'm definitely in the Messer."

First Blind Guy in a Dark Closet: "Wait, what?"

Norwegian accent guy with new microphone:  "TEY ARE A TACKY WHY WON"T YOU HELP ME???"

Wants_2B_Yr_Wingman: "Dude, You have to tell me WHERE"

Norwegian accent guy with new microphone:  "AT MY SIX O'CLOCK!!!"

Wants_2B_Your_Wingman: "Oh for crying out LOUD!"

JG52_Werner_Moelders: "Oh Hey... W'sup?"

:wacko:

this deserves an own post and to be stickied

I race on the iRacing system, which has it's own comm system and everyone uses it. I often log on WoL and I even bothered to install Discord, yet in 40 hours of flight I still have to speak once in Discord because there is no one around. 

in iRacing you have channels, so if you are not happy with the main chat you can get a bunch of guys (usually team racing) and switch channel. The main comm in WoL is busy as hell and bothersome? Switch channel with the few guys you fly with at the moment. Oh and guess what? in iRacing the comms can be recorded by anyone who bothers to record their sessions. Not about about being recorded? Just don't speak

1 hour ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

if 5 out of 100 doesnt make it "hardly anyone" for you, then IDK

How many thousands of people is “hardly anyone” in your mind?

41 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

wow, you Sir, really are salt on a wound. 

I have no idea if it's really 5% of the player base that plays in MP or if this is an arbitrary number given randomly. But for argument sake (and I know you will argue because it seems, in life, besides playing golf what you want is to be the negative voice in these forums) but independently of number, if we say that 5% of the player base is on MP what does it matter if it's 5% of 100 or 1 000 000? That is still a minority, a drop of water in the 'ocean' of player base. 

But with all the rhetoric , we are getting ahead of ourselves because the OP was asking a general question regarding sims. Why do I have voice chat in Ghost Reckon and not in DCS or IL2? If it's a technical challenge and the devs prefer to spend time elsewhere, I get it and I'm sad about it. Whether you, @BraveSirRobin, want to use it or not is rather inconsequential to the original post. 

3 minutes ago, Luriael said:

I have no idea if it's really 5% of the player base that plays in MP

On 17th of November 2017, the game’s producer said in a livestream interview that it was 10% of the playerbase that use MP.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Luriael said:

But with all the rhetoric , we are getting ahead of ourselves because the OP was asking a general question regarding sims. Why do I have voice chat in Ghost Reckon and not in DCS or IL2? If it's a technical challenge and the devs prefer to spend time elsewhere, I get it and I'm sad about it. Whether you, @BraveSirRobin, want to use it or not is rather inconsequential to the original post

I already responded to the original post.  It’s an expensive project that won’t be used for developers who are already barely able to keep their heads above water.

The devs don't necessarily have to implement from scratch. They could f. instance license a TeamSpeak client and some version of the ACRE module (from ArmA series) and have that integrated into the game. It would be hella cool, wouldn't it?

But I have no idea if that is even feasible, technically or legally.

Maybe a factor in flights sims is you really can’t tell who the other players are. So if you had a “squad” or “flight” you won’t know which players are which. Most servers run without icons. You also all spawn in separately. Not like joining a squad in other games where can spawn right on them. 

2 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

I will leave it here. As someone else stated, you like to go against everyone's opinion, or just to question everything people say. 5 out of 100 is almost anyone, is hardly anyone, and you know it, stop playing the "oh I'm so badass I have always the last word" game. You are awfully annoying.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Feathered_IV said:

On 17th of November 2017, the game’s producer said in a livestream interview that it was 10% of the playerbase that use MP.  

Ah, a 10% said 1 and half year ago differs a lot from 5%. Now all my messages about it are just nonsense, great.

10 hours ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

I will leave it here. As someone else stated, you like to go against everyone's opinion,

You should read the thread.  There are plenty of people who think community comms is a complete waste.

• Upvote 1

On 8/5/2019 at 12:13 PM, BraveSirRobin said:

Jesus, if you bitch half as much on coms as you do in a forum thread that you keep coming back to each day to say the same thing over and over the trick will be trying to shut you up!
For the guy who hates the idea of talking you may end up being the first person everyone has to go to a FAQ to learn how to mute someone, all while saying there should be no coms.

5 minutes ago, Gungriffen said:

For the guy who hates the idea of talking .

‘You should really try to read what I post, and not what you’d like to think that I posted.  I’ve spent most of the last nine years playing RoF and BoX with the same group of guys while on

Teamspeak.  Under those circumstances online comms works great.

The problem is the sort of community comms system that you want.  We’ve got one.  It sucks.  Read Feathered’s description of what it’s like.  It’s pretty close spot on.  The only thing he left out is when it’s mostly just guys clearing their throats or sneezing.   Keep in mind that that is a system that people actually have to put some effort into setting up.  You’d think that would motivate them to make it work.  It doesn’t. It sucks.  Now imagine a system where any random moron on the server can easily access.  Yeah, that’s gonna be great.  In might work in other games.  But it doesn’t work here.

Seriously, try reading what people post instead whining like a small child when someone disagrees with you.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Now imagine a system where any random moron on the server can easily access.  Yeah, that’s gonna be great.  In might work in other games.  But it doesn’t work here.

In your opinion, why would this system that succeeds in other titles fail in BoX? And to be clear, we're talking about the proposed in-game comm system that "any moron can easily access," that's been discussed here. If you parrot that line of "we already have one and it sucks" then you're missing the point of my question.

Despite your seemingly hostile nature, I'm still quite interested in your opinion.

[Edit] ...see below...

After giving this some more thought, the biggest reason for failure that I see is our small yet global community with language barriers and thick accents being an issue for any server-wide comm system. Native speakers of a multitude of different languages all trying to communicate on the same radio would not result in a positive outcome. For small groups of players wishing to wing together, Teamspeak and Discord is the logical solution.

While I may not be on board with his country club attitude and other reasoning explicitly stated, I believe that @BraveSirRobin is ultimately correct.

The bold, giant, red text in the post by @Feathered_IV should have given me a clue the first time I read it...

Edited by Niner

Posted (edited)
On 8/5/2019 at 7:19 PM, Sokol1 said:

Something similar but adapted for flyght sims would be amazing for IL-2 !!!!

DCS's SRS looks cool, but it's quite complicated, it's too real ;)

Edited by =SFF=_cercataa
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

You should read the thread.  There are plenty of people who think community comms is a complete waste.

is it for me too. I was talking about the 5% thing, that wasn't actually relevant. And since it wasn't actually relevant, and yet you questioned me about it, I couldn't avoid saying what I said in my last message. 

Cheers

I log in WoL, my airfield gets under attack so I turn around and try to protect it. We're 3 Yaks turning around the field trying to scare off a few Bf109's and FW190's but they are coordinated and we're not. We finally kick them off but after much duress because we run around like headless chickens were as they don't. 

We have a working comm in the game; I get into the general chat and ask the 2 with me to switch channel (as I stated earlier, it works well in iRacing) so we can speak together. They don't want to speak? That's fine, they still can listen to me and can type back. I wouldn't mind typing, but I'm in VR and it's a real hassle to try and type.. especially while dogfighting!! As for accents, again in my racing sim many drivers are from around the world and we can talk to each other just fine. 

Last but not least; the OP is not about how we're going to use it but WHY we don't have one in the service. Even if most users won't talk in chat, it'll be there for the few who will. Heck, in a certain battletech game that have incorporated chat you often get one dude with a mike that controls his squad while the others just listen along or type back instead of talking. Maybe some of you don't want a voice chat because abuse and useless but that is not a reason not to get one. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, =SFF=_cercataa said:

DCS's SRS looks cool, but it's quite complicated, it's too real

Seemed quite easy to setup (as a client) when I initially configured it. Similar to other voice programs - but the integration with the radios in the plane is awesome, especially the F/A-18. You don't need any overlays, just tune the radios in the plane in-game to the required frequency depending on the mission at hand and what you are currently doing and your good to go.

Edited by =EXPEND=Tripwire
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Niner said:

In your opinion, why would this system that succeeds in other titles fail in BoX? And to be clear, we're talking about the proposed in-game comm system that "any moron can easily access," that's been discussed here. If you parrot that line of "we already have one and it sucks" then you're missing the point of my question.

There are many reasons that it doesn’t work.  Language barriers.  Different people have different ideas about what they want to use it for (tactical, strategic, exchanging recipes).  When you jump into comms, how do you figure out who wants to fly with me, who can I actually communicate with, who is near me on the map, and how do you do that without pissing off everyone else in the channel?   

Let’s say you do find someone, and you’re going to use it for tactical comms that will require a lot of talking.  Now you really have to move to your own channel.  At this point you’re really not using community comms any more, and you could have done all of this just as easily on a community Teamspeak server.

If you’re going to use it for strategic purposes, then you’re going to need more than 2 people, and you’re probably going to need someone who is in charge.  By the time you figure all that out the mission is probably over.

Basically, comms in this game really only works well when most of that stuff is already determined, which means people who fly together a lot, which means they probably already have their own comms system.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luriael said:

Maybe some of you don't want a voice chat because abuse and useless but that is not a reason not to get one. 

Er....that does sound like a couple of good reasons not to make in-game voips.:(

Fact is most people simply don't and won't use it.  We can already see that.

1 hour ago, Luriael said:

Maybe some of you don't want a voice chat because abuse and useless but that is not a reason not to get one. 

It is up to the developers of course, but IMHO the reason not to get one is that they are already stretched to the limit trying to provide core product improvements that will generate sales and keep their business going.  Once you have purchased your game all your MP time  - just like my SP activity - generates precisely zero extra revenue for the business.  People talk about the "MP community" as though it were some kind of self-sustaining commune. It is not. Every expenditure has to meet a test of contributing to profit in some way. In this case you are asking for something that is already provided by third party programs, is not a core competence of the development team, has zero appeal to the 90% of BoX buyers who are all or mostly SP, and by the evidence of this thread, not much more appeal to a large proportion of the MP base.

If some kind of in game voice comms app was a paid DLC priced to fully cover it's development costs based on likely sales to BoX MP gamers would you buy it? I know I would not. Which would make it the first piece of software from this team I would not buy.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, unreasonable said:

It is up to the developers of course, but IMHO the reason not to get one is that they are already stretched to the limit trying to provide core product improvements that will generate sales and keep their business going.  Once you have purchased your game all your MP time  - just like my SP activity - generates precisely zero extra revenue for the business

This is the crux of the problem I believe. I'm sure the devs would want all the commodities in the world for us but they lack the budget and man power to do so. 

21 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Let’s say you do find someone, and you’re going to use it for tactical comms that will require a lot of talking.  Now you really have to move to your own channel.  At this point you’re really not using community comms any more, and you could have done all of this just as easily on a community Teamspeak server.

You bring a very good point, problem is; no one is on those servers. I tried both Discord and TS services and they are empty. I believe an integrated comm service in the game would fix that where you are not obligated to log in anywhere and can just listen or even close the comm like many games already provide.

Game wise, there really is no reason not to have one. Resources and money may be lacking and it is understandable, but it isn't like if you add this to the game it'll break the server bandwidth or make the game unstable or anything.  

Heck, for those who make Youtube vids it could even be funny to be able to record general comms and post vids on the Tube. I've seen that done with FSX and MP ATC... quiet a laugh sometimes. One more plus!

Edited by Luriael

Just now, Luriael said:

You bring a very good point, problem is; no one is on those servers. I tried both Discord and TS services and they are empty.

I have bad news for you. An integrated system would also be empty.   For the very same reasons the current systems are empty.

What they really need to do is enhance the chat system.  Include the ability to add chat channels.  And one of those channels could be “looking for comms”.  JG.xyz could also have a “JG.xyz comms chat”.  People who want to join them could go to the chat to get the details without disturbing everyone else.  That would do far more, and probably be much cheaper to develop, than an integrated comms system.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

What they really need to do is enhance the chat system.  Include the ability to add chat channels.  And one of those channels could be “looking for comms”.

That's a very good idea.

17 minutes ago, Luriael said:

Heck, for those who make Youtube vids it could even be funny to be able to record general comms and post vids on the Tube. I've seen that done with FSX and MP ATC... quiet a laugh sometimes. One more plus!

One more plus for teamspeak?

Posted (edited)

@Feathered_IV

Thanks.  I’ll even throw you a bone.  While they’re working on adding features to MP chat, maybe they could improve the chat features for the AI in SP (which desperately need more functionality).

Edited by BraveSirRobin
Clarity
  • Upvote 1