Jump to content
Alonzo

Combat Box by Red Flight

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Manzanita said:

There seems to be an issue with AAA being invisible.

It appears to be an issue encountered by some people but not others - the AA guns spawn or get placed below ground level for some reason, and can fire at you but are thus immune to damage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not see either the "AAA object" I see their tracer bullets but not the object on the ground.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Valkyrie77 said:

AAA is not showing and is indestructible 

 

28 minutes ago, 615sqn_Buzz said:

I do not see either the "AAA object" I see their tracer bullets but not the object on the ground.

 

I've reported this as a bug, I've not heard anything back. The reason I think it's a bug is because it's happening on maps that I have not changed, where AA previously was fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alonzo said:

 

 

I've reported this as a bug, I've not heard anything back. The reason I think it's a bug is because it's happening on maps that I have not changed, where AA previously was fine.

Yes it’s very frustrating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2019 at 3:31 PM, Valkyrie77 said:

How do I place my own photo in my cockpit please

You want a picture of yourself? XX

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flew on the server for the first time since the patch. Nice to see so many people flying, and the side balance was pretty good for the most part. I learned some valuable lessons. I am a danger to no one but myself in a tempest, and the g forces are going to take some getting used to!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

 I learned some valuable lessons. I am a danger to no one but myself in a tempest, and the g forces are going to take some getting used to!

Indeed. You faced me in a 109K when you crashed this evening ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, StaB/Tomio_VR*** said:

Indeed. You faced me in a 109K when you crashed this evening ;)

You should have got the kill credit on that one! The ground robbed you of your glory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alonso,

 

With the new Allied plane set being released it is readily apparent that the Allies now have the upper hand with regards to ground attack and winning the objectives/ maps as can be clearly seen with the 32-1 maps won so far this month!  Now I understand that everybody has got red fever, therefore, before the server turns into another WOL white-wash against blues, could some of the later war maps be adjusted to reflect the fact that the blues were defending and perhaps limit the number of objectives needed to win or something like that, as currently trying to win a map for blues is starting to become impossible!

 

Just a suggestion and my thoughts!

 

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Haza said:

Alonso,

 

With the new Allied plane set being released it is readily apparent that the Allies now have the upper hand with regards to ground attack and winning the objectives/ maps as can be clearly seen with the 32-1 maps won so far this month!  Now I understand that everybody has got red fever, therefore, before the server turns into another WOL white-wash against blues, could some of the later war maps be adjusted to reflect the fact that the blues were defending and perhaps limit the number of objectives needed to win or something like that, as currently trying to win a map for blues is starting to become impossible!

 

Just a suggestion and my thoughts!

 

Regards

 

That depends.  What concessions were granted to Red when the K4, D9 and 262 had the power?   I'd be ok with affording Blue some Pe-2s to help out - on the condition they were mandatory day-glow pink custom skinned.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mobile_BBQ said:

 

That depends.  What concessions were granted to Red when the K4, D9 and 262 had the power?   I'd be ok with affording Blue some Pe-2s to help out - on the condition they were mandatory day-glow pink custom skinned.  

 

Is this the same Mobile who used to complain about wanting to play blue so badly on WOL, yet he couldn't because reds were always outnumbered!?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been flying for Allies from the start, and from the start it was hell who didn't have the nerve to go for the blue. After the advent of Dora, 109K and Me 262, it was hell straight away. Now it's finally settled and it's time to settle the accounts. Even so, AXIS is a strong rival. The way they piloted on their aircraft is basically not from the beginning, they're flung out, we had to move from one type of aircraft to another. Without any concession. Now the ones who don't have the balls to fly for AXIS will change their coat.I've been waiting for these machines since the beginning of the 1946 sturmovics, they flew terribly there.

 

So thank you for balancing forces.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problems for Axis to win maps might not be the plane sets but rather the mindset of their pilots keen to paint their planes all over with air victory markings. The Axis long had the upper hand in ground attack aircraft being able to haul 1000kg (and even heavier) bombs all over the place to flatten every target easily.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Majakowski said:

The problems for Axis to win maps might not be the plane sets but rather the mindset of their pilots keen to paint their planes all over with air victory markings. The Axis long had the upper hand in ground attack aircraft being able to haul 1000kg (and even heavier) bombs all over the place to flatten every target easily.

 

Majakowski,

 

I can't recall many maps in this server that allow the 1000kg or larger ones on many aircraft, but thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Majakowski said:

@Haza

 

Then I think we will see the Allied loadouts also get nerfed in the end.

 

I wasn't requesting anything be nerfed, however similar to the D-day landing map, perhaps blue needs to just be on the defensive a little bit more? It was only a suggestion!

 

Regards

2 hours ago, OREL_Shifty said:

I've been flying for Allies from the start, and from the start it was hell who didn't have the nerve to go for the blue. After the advent of Dora, 109K and Me 262, it was hell straight away. Now it's finally settled and it's time to settle the accounts. Even so, AXIS is a strong rival. The way they piloted on their aircraft is basically not from the beginning, they're flung out, we had to move from one type of aircraft to another. Without any concession. Now the ones who don't have the balls to fly for AXIS will change their coat.I've been waiting for these machines since the beginning of the 1946 sturmovics, they flew terribly there.

 

So thank you for balancing forces.

 

Orel,

 

Did you play under another name as your Stats seem to suggest you have been on Combat Box for a month or are you talking about your experience in another server as my comments are referring to game play in Combat box!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Haza said:

 

I wasn't requesting anything be nerfed, however similar to the D-day landing map, perhaps blue needs to just be on the defensive a little bit more? It was only a suggestion!

 

Regards

 

Orel,

 

Did you play under another name as your Stats seem to suggest you have been on Combat Box for a month or are you talking about your experience in another server as my comments are referring to game play in Combat box!?

But the situation on the server has changed in the time I visit this server, and it's just a statement of the situation. From a person who goes to the server. Please take it, I'm not telling anybody anything. If I touched someone or they don't beat long here, admin can erase them, I don't care. Take it easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

want to report , I tried to eliminate the AA at the southern Allied BOMBER AIRFILED in Eindhoven map before i go there with an atacker or Bomber afterwards... Was not possible..

I shot 100 erds of Mk 108 rounds at the invisible AA (GHOSTS) , they shoot at you and can damage you but nothing happens to them.  "GHOSTS"...(Not visible but their rounds yes!)

This is is for shure a BUG ...but really not very funny...  cause this makes it more a pure Dogfight map  or "lucky punch server"  to go with a bomber drop and still survive 8 AA you cant disable anyway...

Hope this gets fixed soon, because makes fun to play in an alternative to WOL... 

hmm...

 

thx

Edited by SPEEDWULF77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Haza said:

 

Is this the same Mobile who used to complain about wanting to play blue so badly on WOL, yet he couldn't because reds were always outnumbered!?

 

Well, to your relief, it's now the same Mobile who stays away from WoL to avoid internet herpes.  

 

Once the novelty wears off of the new planes and player levels go back to status quo (more Blue vs. Red), then come asking for a handicap.  BTW, It's already starting to go back to business as usual.  I've already seen at least one match were Blue outnumbered Red by 5 or more players.  

 

 

Ahh...   Just looked at your responses to Orel as well.  Same tactic used for both of us -  argument is weak so attack credibility.  I'm not impressed. 

 

 

Edited by Mobile_BBQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

 

Well, to your relief, it's now the same Mobile who stays away from WoL to avoid internet herpes.  

 

Once the novelty wears off of the new planes and player levels go back to status quo (more Blue vs. Red), then come asking for a handicap.  BTW, It's already starting to go back to business as usual.  I've already seen at least one match were Blue outnumbered Red by 5 or more players.  

 

 

Ahh...   Just looked at your responses to Orel as well.  Same tactic used for both of us -  argument is weak so attack credibility.  I'm not impressed. 

 

 

 

Mr Mobile,

my observations are based on my time zone, therefore your comment about it being different is valid and certainly credible, however when players who rarely play on CB start going on about things, of course I will check to see if they do actually bother playing.

 

In WOL about 2 or 3 years ago I only ever played red because everybody wanted to play blue. Something happened with the FM's and then lots of players flipped to red so I do understand player's frustrations. 

 

I enjoy the new BoBp aircraft set and just would like to see CB fully supported by us all and to be blunt, I merely suggested something to try and keep a level playing field in a PC game.

 

It was a relief to know it was you and not a blue imposter! Anyway at least we all appear to agree that this server is great for maps and I really enjoy it and I just hope that we continue to support it.

 

Regards

 

PS. I'm not saying you need to play 100% on a server to have a view, either.

 

Edited by Haza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2019 at 2:37 PM, RedKestrel said:

It appears to be an issue encountered by some people but not others - the AA guns spawn or get placed below ground level for some reason, and can fire at you but are thus immune to damage.

hmm....

so is it possible that only "some people"  will allways have that  and doesn,t really bother the most people (specially Fighters) (by the wayi,ve never had before in other servers , 2800h online) 

I think its something that really should be fixed specially when i see all those discussions about "realistic, balanced , outnumberd" and so on...(discussions i ve never been part of)

...

 

...its not a complain about your comment , RedKestrel..  no missunderstandings, please.. ;) 

 

still hope to be fixed soon, i like this server..   :)

 

 

Edited by SPEEDWULF77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Haza said:

 

Mr Mobile,

my observations are based on my time zone, therefore your comment about it being different is valid and certainly credible, however when players who rarely play on CB start going on about things, of course I will check to see if they do actually bother playing.

 

In WOL about 2 or 3 years ago I only ever played red because everybody wanted to play blue. Something happened with the FM's and then lots of players flipped to red so I do understand player's frustrations. 

 

I enjoy the new BoBp aircraft set and just would like to see CB fully supported by us all and to be blunt, I merely suggested something to try and keep a level playing field in a PC game.

 

It was a relief to know it was you and not a blue imposter! Anyway at least we all appear to agree that this server is great for maps and I really enjoy it and I just hope that we continue to support it.

 

Regards

 

 

3 hours ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

 

Well, to your relief, it's now the same Mobile who stays away from WoL to avoid internet herpes.  

 

Once the novelty wears off of the new planes and player levels go back to status quo (more Blue vs. Red), then come asking for a handicap.  BTW, It's already starting to go back to business as usual.  I've already seen at least one match were Blue outnumbered Red by 5 or more players.  

 

 

Ahh...   Just looked at your responses to Orel as well.  Same tactic used for both of us -  argument is weak so attack credibility.  I'm not impressed. 

 

 

 

Roger that.  Last line of my comment retracted.   

 

I'm sure that Alonzo is very capable of creating (or approving maps from creators) that offer the possibility that either side could fairly win.  How the team balance thing will work out in the future is unknowable, really.  I've already changed my policy that, in the near future, after the new planes novelty passes, I'll be 50% between flying what I feel like and 50% joining whichever team is short the moment I join.   

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

 

 

Roger that.  Last line of my comment retracted.   

 

I'm sure that Alonzo is very capable of creating (or approving maps from creators) that offer the possibility that either side could fairly win.  How the team balance thing will work out in the future is unknowable, really.  I've already changed my policy that, in the near future, after the new planes novelty passes, I'll be 50% between flying what I feel like and 50% joining whichever team is short the moment I join.   

 

I think the new plane set offer something for everybody and I agree that Alonso and his team  are very capable of making bloody good maps and making this server so enjoyable.

I think you are spot on regarding the novelty wearing off and things settling down.

I'm just looking forward to a meteor or sabre!

Regards

 

H

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Haza said:

 

I think the new plane set offer something for everybody and I agree that Alonso and his team  are very capable of making bloody good maps and making this server so enjoyable.

I think you are spot on regarding the novelty wearing off and things settling down.

I'm just looking forward to a meteor or sabre!

Regards

 

H

 

 

 

it would certainly be interesting to reach into IL-2 '46-and beyond territory but, I'm also waiting for the 1-16 to make it's combat debut on CB!  :biggrin:

(Unless it already has, and I've accidentally overlooked it.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance of airfields with slightly more distance between them for the late war plane set feel like you get everywhere twice as quick with them 😂 part from that great server had huge amounts of fun on it last night flying an 262 on kuban until I went to land and both engines died and the flaps jammed at 12 percent hahaha

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this server running the Enhanced visibility option or the "Realistic" one?

Edited by SeaSerpent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SeaSerpent said:

Is this server running the Enhanced visibility option or the "Realistic" one?

 

It appeared to be the "realistic" setting as of last night.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

 

It appeared to be the "realistic" setting as of last night.   

Nothing in the discord change log regarding a change in difficulty settings so I'm assuming it is still alternate visibility easy mode.

Edited by -332FG-Garven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, -332FG-Garven said:

Nothing in the discord change log regarding a change in difficulty settings so I'm assuming it is still alternate visibility easy mode.

 

Odd, I wasn't seeing any glowing UFOs at 50km distance, co-alt... I guess we'll just have to get confirmation of the settings from Alonzo.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The goal of Combat Box, like most servers, is to provide a fun place for people to enjoy flying. In the past I think we managed a reasonable job of balance, with about a 50% win rate for each side (especially if you only counted maps where a good quantity of players joined—someone winning a map at non-peak hours with only a handful of pilots flying doesn’t really tell us anything about balance).

 

We aim for the same thing even with these new planes released. Fun, somewhat balanced match-ups. Given that maps are usually asymmetric (more interesting) there are things we can do to balance based on map, aircraft, in-map mechanics such as the jet fuel unlocks, and so on.

 

Its still very early in this patch cycle. I remember when the K4 and D9 came out and all the reds thought they were UFOs. I even said that myself. Turned out the reds needed to learn more about flying the Spit IX. I suspect the same thing is true today: Blue has had such a power and speed advantage that they need to learn again how to best fight when they don’t necessarily dictate when to engage and disengage from a fight.

 

At the moment Combat Box has complex physiology, arcade spotting, and all planes and mods unlocked on all maps. This is going to change once the dust settles. We have maps ranging from Russia to Europe, and from 44 to 45, and it is important for each mission to feel different. We are planning a map, planes and mods overhaul, and of course many new maps and scenarios. 

 

If if you want to see what a competent pilot can do against inferior pilots in ‘better’ planes, check out Central’s recent video where he flies the A8 and trashes a bunch of the new Allied “superprops”. It’s definitely as much about the pilot as the equipment.

 

Good luck to both red and blue pilots! (And especially to those who help balance by flying whichever side has the least—I salute you in particular!)

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its my hope that you'll change from what you yourself call "arcade spotting" sooner rather than later.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SeaSerpent said:

Its my hope that you'll change from what you yourself call "arcade spotting" sooner rather than later.

 

I can't upvote this enough!

Head-to-head in a 51 with a 111 on the deck.  Thing looked in gun range but was 25km out....

 

3 minutes later I actually got to shoot.  

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note to the mission " Battle_over_Eindhoven_Mar_1945 " - when the engine of the German fuel train was hit, the (rest of the) train remained on the track even when the next trains spawned. The remains of the previous train to made the new trains engine explode, too. I suspect that's not intended. A "delete trigger" might do the job, hopefully it deletes the whole train even if some of the waggons are uncoupled by attacks and remain on the track in different positions.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alonzo said:

In the past I think we managed a reasonable job of balance, with about a 50% win rate for each side (especially if you only counted maps where a good quantity of players joined—someone winning a map at non-peak hours with only a handful of pilots flying doesn’t really tell us anything about balance).

 

I can't stress this enough guys. CB is the newest server on the block but I think you'll all agree that over our short few months we have managed to pull off pretty good balance!

 

We are in a transitional time now - the old maps that were set up for only Spits and P-47s will probably accidently favour Allies for a short while until we can take another look at the balance. This is not intentional - but Alonzo has a job and a family! Please lend him your patience 😅

 

The admin team all have their favourite planes, but we are not looking to bias Combat Box in favour of one side or the other. It will just take a little bit of time. In the meantime if you could please keep on flying even if you think they mission favours the other team, it will still help us gain a clearer picture of how that mission now stands with the new planes! 🙂

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

 

I can't stress this enough guys. CB is the newest server on the block but I think you'll all agree that over our short few months we have managed to pull off pretty good balance!

 

We are in a transitional time now - the old maps that were set up for only Spits and P-47s will probably accidently favour Allies for a short while until we can take another look at the balance. This is not intentional - but Alonzo has a job and a family! Please lend him your patience 😅

 

The admin team all have their favourite planes, but we are not looking to bias Combat Box in favour of one side or the other. It will just take a little bit of time. In the meantime if you could please keep on flying even if you think they mission favours the other team, it will still help us gain a clearer picture of how that mission now stands with the new planes! 🙂

 

Well said, thanks for your work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...