Jump to content

Combat Box by Red Flight


Alonzo
 Share

Recommended Posts

VBF-12_KW
1 hour ago, Razor18 said:

 

I just made a test run. RPM moved up to 3000 once, then left on 2700 all the way. If physical throttle pushed up to 100% (as also indicated by the little pop up window to the right), manifold pressure values are changing with altitude as follows:

15k - 45

14k - 46

13k - 50

12k -53

11k - 55

10k - 55

9k -56

8k - 56

7k - 59

6k - 61

5k - 64

4k - 64

3k and below - 67.

 

Is it realistic, that I only can exceed max allowed combat manifold pressure of 61 in/Hg below 6000 feet?

 

Thanks


Yeah, definitely something wrong there.  I’m using 70% mixture (auto rich), auto for the oil and water radiators and auto for the supercharger.  100% throttle and 100% rpm gives you 75” (assuming you have 150 octane fuel equipped) up to around 5,000ft.  This bleeds down to 67” at 7500ft (or it just holds 67” to this point if you’re not using 150).  Manifold pressure bleeds off until it shifts to high blower and gives you full manifold pressure again at 12,500ft with 150 octane, or 15,000ft without.

 

You may have a combination of factors going there.  Check that your throttle mapping and response curves are allowing you to actually get 100% on your throttle and propeller rpm (I’m assuming you have at least one of these mapped to an axis).  Then double check all the systems I listed in bold above.

 

One last piece of P-51 advice ... for some reason in game it always wants left rudder when you’re turning hard.  Keep the ball centered while you’re turning and you will get a feel for riding the edge of the stall and be able to get the most out of it.  Without the rudder input it just wants to snap into a spin all the time.  Also try to get used to the yaw trim changes with speed, power and pitch and keep adjusting your trim - you’ll just generally go a lot faster and shoot a lot straighter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RedKestrel
1 hour ago, Razor18 said:

 

I just made a test run. RPM moved up to 3000 once, then left on 2700 all the way. If physical throttle pushed up to 100% (as also indicated by the little pop up window to the right), manifold pressure values are changing with altitude as follows:

15k - 45

14k - 46

13k - 50

12k -53

11k - 55

10k - 55

9k -56

8k - 56

7k - 59

6k - 61

5k - 64

4k - 64

3k and below - 67.

 

Is it realistic, that I only can exceed max allowed combat manifold pressure of 61 in/Hg below 6000 feet?

 

Thanks

Is your mixture maybe set to Auto Lean? you would not be able to generate full power at that setting I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

102.R.dd_Blade18

@VBF-12_KW: I mentioned that I can even read "First engine throttle 100%" in the small message area looking to the right in the cockpit (in VR) whenever I push up the physical throttle, so there is nothing wrong with the curve (which I never changed anyways). I also mentioned I move up RPM to 3000 then pull it back to 2700 and never touch it again thoroughout the test. But RPM 2700 vs 3000 can not be a culprit, beacuse on singleplayer misssions I do the same, and with 2700 RPM, I can push manifold way over these values setting full throttle, at any altitude.

 

I always trim the yaw for center ball, as it wanders left and right due to torque changes coming from throttle changes. But I will give a bit more attention to coordinated turns, even if it doesn't explain the manifold problem, which causes the power problem I think

 

@RedKestrel: My mixture is set to around 50%, but just as with RPM, I do everything the same way in single player. And can peak out manifold pressure way over these values.

 

Thanks for both for looking into it tough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VBF-12_KW
12 minutes ago, Razor18 said:

@VBF-12_KW: I mentioned that I can even read "First engine throttle 100%" in the small message area looking to the right in the cockpit (in VR) whenever I push up the physical throttle, so there is nothing wrong with the curve (which I never changed anyways). I also mentioned I move up RPM to 3000 then pull it back to 2700 and never touch it again thoroughout the test. But RPM 2700 vs 3000 can not be a culprit, beacuse on singleplayer misssions I do the same, and with 2700 RPM, I can push manifold way over these values setting full throttle, at any altitude.


You must have one of the various simplified engine management settings engaged in SP.  Put the RPM to 3000 like I said and you’ll get full manifold pressure.  The supercharger is geared to the engine, so if you turn the engine at lower RPMs you’re also turning the supercharger slower and it won’t be able to generate max manifold pressure.

 

For best climb/acceleration/dogfighting  you want 3000rpm and max manifold pressure.  A useful in between setting for combat cruise is 54”/2850 rpm - that will give decent performance and you can run it around 1 hour.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Voodoo_Wolfkis said:

How to open Rheine JFB airfield? It's closed most of the time. I want to fly me262 but i can't because of that... Is there any way? What should i do? It's 4 allies against 6 germans right now, should be enough but it still won't open...

 

You have to be patient and wait...

 

There are some information on the conditions when the JFB is open. Check their website or in the mission description (just before you hit START).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

102.R.dd_Blade18

@VBF-12_KW: I don't have anything on in single player, believe me. And can peak manifold with RPM on 2700. I will make you a screenshot, if you tell me, how to do that in VR? 😀

Edited by Razor18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voodoo_Wolfkis
Just now, THERION said:

 

You have to be patient and wait...

 

There are some information on the conditions when the JFB is open. Check their website or in the mission description (just before you hit START).


Will try that, thanks a lot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VBF-12_KW
2 minutes ago, Razor18 said:

@VBF-12_KW: I don't have anything on in single player, believe me. And can peak manifold with RPM on 2700. I will make you a screenshot, if you tell me, how to do that in VR? 😀


When you’re ready to accept some friendly advice and start getting full power on a full realism MP server, set your prop to 3000 rpm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

102.R.dd_Blade18

Sorry, a bit dark, but still readable. Says more than thousand words.

I understand and appreciate any friendly advise, that says: with RPM at 3000, manifold pressure will be bigger, than with 2700. I never questioned this statement. But I think comparing apple to apple is always more wise. I can go back and make the same test for you at 3000 RPM on both scenarios (MP and SP), but then again, there will be probably around the same difference, than comparing 2700 RPM  to 2700 RPM. The question still rather remains the same: why is the manifold pressure different on two different theaters, if all settings are the same?

 

IL-2 SP.jpg

 

By the way on single player I saw the red light for 2nd stage of booster being on over a certain altitude, while I don't remember it seeing on Combat Box at higher altitude, where manifold went down as low as 45 at 15k feet... Will check again.

Edited by Razor18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

VBF-12_KW

Speed, altitude, ambient temperature, barometric pressure and realism settings can all impact how it works.  There’s a noticeable difference just going from winter to summer maps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

102.R.dd_Blade18

OK Gents, I found the reason, but it is definitely NOT what I suspected tough, rather a newbie mistake. Just want to write it down so the next one with similar complaint doesn't make the same mistake and wrong assumption I did.

 

When I retested manifold pressures vs altitude in SP to compare it to MP (server?) values, I found they are in fact pretty close, so I started to doubt my original theory about lack of power. Then I just talked to one of the HRAF guys, and along the long discussion I mentioned him my problem about the P-51D being very sensitive to stall in sustained turn. He immediately told me, that the Mustang is VERY unstable with a full fuel load, due to CG shift caused by the fuselage tank. Right there it dawned on me ! In every SP mission even if I started with full load, by the time we encountered the first enemy in the missions, pretty significant amount of fuel was already burnt from my Mustand, improving CG and stability for even the very first encounter. Meanwhile in the Dogfight server, I always pushed up fuel to 100% for good measure, and there I only had to fly max. 5 minutes to the arena to have the first dogfight, where I obviously started spinning out right away even with the slightest pull on the stick. I just didn't connected the right dots, and all I was feeling is "this is freaking unstable, what the heck ?"

 

So, user error again, it wasn't the server's fault, sorry for misleading anyone. Lesson learned, thanks for the help for everyone !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voodoo_Wolfkis

Why is there only ONE me262 at Volkel Airfield (battle of the scheldt)? Is this some kind of a joke from devs of the server? People are waiting for this airplane for 30 minutes and only ONE guy who is lucky enough to click on the icon is getting it?

Is there any way to maybe pay to devs of the server so they change this unfair condition and add for example... 10 me262s? Or make the airfield restockable so people can fly cargo planes to get the 262? Come on!

 

 

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

QB.Creep
45 minutes ago, Voodoo_Wolfkis said:

Why is there only ONE me262 at Volkel Airfield (battle of the scheldt)? Is this some kind of a joke from devs of the server? People are waiting for this airplane for 30 minutes and only ONE guy who is lucky enough to click on the icon is getting it?

Is there any way to maybe pay to devs of the server so they change this unfair condition and add for example... 10 me262s? Or make the airfield restockable so people can fly cargo planes to get the 262? Come on!

Pin on Meme

Edited by QB.Creep
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Voodoo_Wolfkis said:

Why is there only ONE me262 at Volkel Airfield (battle of the scheldt)? Is this some kind of a joke from devs of the server? People are waiting for this airplane for 30 minutes and only ONE guy who is lucky enough to click on the icon is getting it?

Is there any way to maybe pay to devs of the server so they change this unfair condition and add for example... 10 me262s? Or make the airfield restockable so people can fly cargo planes to get the 262? Come on!

 

I never really know how to react to this kind of feedback.

 

On one hand, it's unfair that you have to wait. It's unfair that there's only one 262 plane available after waiting. And obviously the other plane options you get are subpar, so that is unfair too. Because you have to wait and because there is only one 262 means that the Allies have an unfair advantage over the Axis team. How dare us mission designers make it unfair!! /s

 

On the other hand, the 262 is an overpowered mess compared to its counterparts. Having 10 of them would easily give the Axis team an unfair advantage. Naah, that'd never happen.

 

What do we admins do? 

 

Cartoon Thinking GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

 

-------------------

 

 

In all seriousness, it sucks that there's only two 262s, (not one, but two!). They replenish pretty quickly when getting shot down compared to all the other planes on Scheldt. This is because we want the mission to be fun and balanced for both sides while still allowing the 262 to be flown. We always will consider fun engaging gameplay of the overall mission over historical accuracy and realism.

image.png.8841558e7b5430d1252313d442849b37.png

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Sketch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voodoo_Wolfkis
2 minutes ago, Sketch said:

 

I never really know how to react to this kind of feedback.

 

On one hand, it's unfair that you have to wait. It's unfair that there's only one 262 plane available after waiting. And obviously the other plane options you get are subpar, so that is unfair too. Because you have to wait and because there is only one 262 means that the Allies have an unfair advantage over the Axis team.

 

On the other hand, the 262 is an overpowered mess compared to its counterparts. Having 10 of them would easily give the Axis team an unfair advantage. Naah, that'd never happen.

 

What do we admins do? 

 

Cartoon Thinking GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

 

-------------------

 

 

In all seriousness, it sucks that there's only two 262s, (not one, but two!). They replenish pretty quickly when getting shot down compared to all the other planes on Scheldt. This is because we want the mission to be fun and balanced for both sides while still allowing the 262 to be flown. We always will consider fun engaging gameplay of the overall mission over historical accuracy and realism.

image.png.8841558e7b5430d1252313d442849b37.png

 

 

 

 

 


Thank you for an informative answer, Sketch. I will try to work with what we have now.

I still have a lot suggestions how to make the server better and more fun to play, but i'm sure my voice will not be heard and the ideas i have will never take it's place on the server. But still i like it, i just wanted to be informed about the 262. Thank you again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4s9p9g.jpg

 

mom_call.png

Thanks to poy for this meme. haha

 

 

You're always welcome to suggest things here on the forums or on our Discord which can be found here -> https://combatbox.net/

Edited by Sketch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voodoo_Wolfkis
25 minutes ago, Sketch said:

4s9p9g.jpg

 

mom_call.png

Thanks to poy for this meme. haha

 

 

You're always welcome to suggest things here on the forums or on our Discord which can be found here -> https://combatbox.net/


Please stop texing me in this sarcastic way. I'm doing my best being respectful please do the same.

I'm not talking about suggesting as the way it is. I'm talking about a chance of my suggestions to be accepted and made on the server. A really good example of the idea i suggested to devs of almost every popular server in the game (WoL, TAW, CAT, Finnish pilots...) is the idea of a night mission (or late evening, or early, yet darky morning). Nobody ever did. They literally said: "it's not so fun to fly, you can't see anything." (let them say that to Heinz Schnaufer or other aces of the night) Or "We'll have to put up spotlights, so this will take us to a lot of problems and many other reasons," and so on. I, or course, will try my luck and ask developers of the Combat Box server to consider this idea (and some others i have in mind for a long period of time) but i'm pretty sure they will see a light at the end.

Edited by Voodoo_Wolfkis
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RedKestrel
10 minutes ago, Voodoo_Wolfkis said:


Please stop texing me in this sarcastic way. I'm doing my best being respectful please do the same.

I'm not talking about suggesting as the way it is. I'm talking about a chance of my suggestions to be accepted and made on the server. A really good example of the idea i suggested to devs of almost every popular server in the game (WoL, TAW, CAT, Finnish pilots...) is the idea of a night mission (or late evening, or early, yet darky morning). Nobody ever did. They literally said: "it's not so fun to fly, you can't see anything." (let them say that to Heinz Schnaufer or other aces of the night) Or "We'll have to put up spotlights, so this will take us to a lot of problems and many other reasons," and so on. I, or course, will try my luck and ask developers of the Combat Box server to consider this idea (and some others i have in mind for a long period of time) but i'm pretty sure they will see a light at the end.

Have you attempted to fly a mission at night or even in extreme low light in the sim? IMO the sims lighting rendering doesn’t handle it all that well and on top of that most monitors don’t handle it that well either. 

 

You might get a half half dozen people to do a night mission. Most people want to fly day fighter missions. Your best bet for night play would be an organized coop style or event mission with like minded folks, rather than petitioning server admins.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Voodoo_Wolfkis said:

I'm not talking about suggesting as the way it is. I'm talking about a chance of my suggestions to be accepted and made on the server. A really good example of the idea i suggested to devs of almost every popular server in the game (WoL, TAW, CAT, Finnish pilots...) is the idea of a night mission (or late evening, or early, yet darky morning). Nobody ever did. They literally said: "it's not so fun to fly, you can't see anything." (let them say that to Heinz Schnaufer or other aces of the night) Or "We'll have to put up spotlights, so this will take us to a lot of problems and many other reasons," and so on. I, or course, will try my luck and ask developers of the Combat Box server to consider this idea (and some others i have in mind for a long period of time) but i'm pretty sure they will see a light at the end.

 

Night missions are a reasonable suggestion. The Gemini squad are working on a server called "Aces High" that includes some night missions. They are very cool and I enjoy flying them. But because they make visibility so difficult, they are not "mainstream" missions suitable for use 24 x 7. Heck, some pilots even dislike dawn, dusk and snowy terrain. Check the feedback we've had on the Discord.

 

For now, I think night missions are more suited as special events, when a group of people get together and know ahead of time that it will be a night mission. Similarly any mission with difficult visibility conditions either needs to be infrequent (we randomize our time of day, so dawn/dusk happens sometimes) or needs to be part of some 'bigger' thing to entice people to fly. TAW for example is a long campaign, and being part of that campaign is the incentive to fly in crappy weather. On Combat Box if it's too crappy people will just fly elsewhere.

 

Suggestions are great, we appreciate them. But when you are making a suggestion, please try to put yourself in our shoes. We need to design missions that appeal to a wide audience and that are fun and (roughly) balanced for both sides. Night missions and swathes of 262s seem like fun ideas, but they're don't have the broad appeal we need.

 

7 hours ago, Voodoo_Wolfkis said:

How to open Rheine JFB airfield? It's closed most of the time. I want to fly me262 but i can't because of that... Is there any way? What should i do? It's 4 allies against 6 germans right now, should be enough but it still won't open...

 

10 total players is not enough to open up 800km/h untouchable superplanes. It's more like 25 reds for them to unlock.

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voodoo_Wolfkis
2 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Have you attempted to fly a mission at night or even in extreme low light in the sim? IMO the sims lighting rendering doesn’t handle it all that well and on top of that most monitors don’t handle it that well either. 

 

You might get a half half dozen people to do a night mission. Most people want to fly day fighter missions. Your best bet for night play would be an organized coop style or event mission with like minded folks, rather than petitioning server admins.


This is what i'm talking about, always a reason.

As i said it doesn't have to be 3am. It can be a late evening mission like 9-11pm or so. Just one time in a day. Why not? Every server in the game have a day on it, and every time i catch a few minutes of morning of a few minutes of evening (at the start or at the end of the mission) i'm just smiling because it's really nice and pretty beautiful. But devs think another way. You can't ask them to make one, you can't even pay them so they make one. A waste of time unfortunately.

  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Voodoo_Wolfkis said:

As i said it doesn't have to be 3am. It can be a late evening mission like 9-11pm or so. Just one time in a day. Why not? Every server in the game have a day on it, and every time i catch a few minutes of morning of a few minutes of evening (at the start or at the end of the mission) i'm just smiling because it's really nice and pretty beautiful. But devs think another way. You can't ask them to make one, you can't even pay them so they make one. A waste of time unfortunately.

 

Combat Box offers occasional dawn and dusk missions. We randomize time of day and cloud cover for each mission, and re-randomize each day. So you might get a dawn or dusk mission, sometimes, with a bit of luck.

 

If you're interested in flying a realistic single player mission, I have made training versions of Operation Paravane. You can open these in the editor and change the time of day if you want. They are 'full' missions like you'd find on Combat Box, but with some Ai to provide some interest. This would give you a way to try the missions at night or dusk.

 

 

Operation-Paravane-Training-BF109-K4.zip Operation-Paravane-Training-Fw190-D9.zip Operation-Paravane-Training-Spitfire-IX.zip Operation-Paravane-Training-Tempest.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voodoo_Wolfkis
1 minute ago, Alonzo said:

 

Combat Box offers occasional dawn and dusk missions. We randomize time of day and cloud cover for each mission, and re-randomize each day. So you might get a dawn or dusk mission, sometimes, with a bit of luck.

 

If you're interested in flying a realistic single player mission, I have made training versions of Operation Paravane. You can open these in the editor and change the time of day if you want. They are 'full' missions like you'd find on Combat Box, but with some Ai to provide some interest. This would give you a way to try the missions at night or dusk.

 

 

Operation-Paravane-Training-BF109-K4.zipUnavailable Operation-Paravane-Training-Fw190-D9.zipUnavailable Operation-Paravane-Training-Spitfire-IX.zipUnavailable Operation-Paravane-Training-Tempest.zipUnavailable


Thank you for the suggestions, Alonzo, but i'm not really flying offline. I'm just a simple man trying to get my ideas to the devs so they make it come true. With all my respect i ask you to consider just even an idea of an evening mission one-two times per day. I don't know how to make it right, maybe there's a better way to get my idea to the top so devs can on serious bases consider adding this kind of mission on the server. At least do it for an experiment, so people try it and feedback about this kind of a mission. Maybe they'll like it as i do. Again, i'm not asking for a night-see-no-shit-mission. Just an evening one, like 7-9pm. If they don't i'll never ever waste your time about this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's a complaint we got about dawn/dusk missions, less than a week ago, with 7 people giving a thumbs-up that they feel the same.

 

Untitled.png.ff68d009e4e44666e962f44e802a7960.png

 

I'm not sure what else to say. I hear your suggestion, it's a reasonable request but I believe most of our pilot community prefer daytime, better-visibility missions. We have no plans at this time to implement a late-evening mission. The weather randomizer does sometimes pick a time that will end the map just after sunset. You'll know it did so by monitoring the complaints on our Discord! 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RedKestrel
6 hours ago, Voodoo_Wolfkis said:


This is what i'm talking about, always a reason.

As i said it doesn't have to be 3am. It can be a late evening mission like 9-11pm or so. Just one time in a day. Why not? Every server in the game have a day on it, and every time i catch a few minutes of morning of a few minutes of evening (at the start or at the end of the mission) i'm just smiling because it's really nice and pretty beautiful. But devs think another way. You can't ask them to make one, you can't even pay them so they make one. A waste of time unfortunately.

If you make a suggestion, you don’t want people to tell you what might be wrong with it? Is that not the point of feedback, to have a discussion?

 

Also, the Combat Box admins are just doing this on a volunteer basis. The server is not run by the game devs. 

 

I seriously suggest you look look into finding other people who want night missions and running coops. There are sample missions and even mission generators that could get you started. But you’re proposing niche gameplay on a popular server. If you want something to happen sometimes you can’t just ask other people, you can only get what you want by doing it yourself.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voodoo_Wolfkis
4 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

If you make a suggestion, you don’t want people to tell you what might be wrong with it? Is that not the point of feedback, to have a discussion?

 

Also, the Combat Box admins are just doing this on a volunteer basis. The server is not run by the game devs. 

 

I seriously suggest you look look into finding other people who want night missions and running coops. There are sample missions and even mission generators that could get you started. But you’re proposing niche gameplay on a popular server. If you want something to happen sometimes you can’t just ask other people, you can only get what you want by doing it yourself.

 

This is why i suggested to pay them, so they don't waste their time for some "strange idea" for free. 

As i said before it is a waste of time. All the popular server's admins won't do even this, simple and interesting idea i have. Even for payment. Will never understand why but it is what it is.

Btw the whole idea of this is to make it on a popular server so many people can see it. I can just right now take a quick flight at night and fly the whole day but there's not much joy, because i'm alone and nobody can see it. Same about "my own server" and campaign missions. I just want to make game more fun, so people fly not only in a day mission but at dawn, at snow etc. But not admins as you can see :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Barnacles
52 minutes ago, Voodoo_Wolfkis said:

 

This is why i suggested to pay them, so they don't waste their time for some "strange idea" for free. 

As i said before it is a waste of time. All the popular server's admins won't do even this, simple and interesting idea i have. Even for payment. Will never understand why but it is what it is.

Btw the whole idea of this is to make it on a popular server so many people can see it. I can just right now take a quick flight at night and fly the whole day but there's not much joy, because i'm alone and nobody can see it. Same about "my own server" and campaign missions. I just want to make game more fun, so people fly not only in a day mission but at dawn, at snow etc. But not admins as you can see :)

I get what you're saying. I'm the same, I personally think it's more fun to have a really strict historical plane set and for AAA to be absolutely savage, I even would find it fun in a limited way, doing night attack missions. BUT the admins, although they recognise and possibly agree with my points, know from their experience there has to be a balance between historical fidelity and accessibility, so they have to cater to some extent to the lowest common denominator. 

So you kind of have to accept a compromise here. Your best route is to suggest a FNF scenario which starts light then becomes a night mission as the sun sets IMO. That way the people who want daylight will have had their fun and the guys who want some night stuff can linger and do their thing.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Voodoo_Wolfkis said:

This is why i suggested to pay them, so they don't waste their time for some "strange idea" for free. 

As i said before it is a waste of time. All the popular server's admins won't do even this, simple and interesting idea i have. Even for payment. Will never understand why but it is what it is.

Btw the whole idea of this is to make it on a popular server so many people can see it. I can just right now take a quick flight at night and fly the whole day but there's not much joy, because i'm alone and nobody can see it. Same about "my own server" and campaign missions. I just want to make game more fun, so people fly not only in a day mission but at dawn, at snow etc. But not admins as you can see :)

 

Look, I tried to be polite, and I'm trying to explain, but you're refusing to understand or accept the answer. There is a reason that the admins of all the popular servers have rejected the idea of doing poor visibility missions: those missions are not popular. You think it would be a fun idea. I had fun on the Aces High night mission a few weeks ago. So yes, those missions can be fun. But I was flying a night mission with friends and the server admins had advertised it as a special event, and everyone knew it was going to be a night mission. That is very different than having a public 24 x 7 server that usually has a certain kind of mission suddenly having a very different kind of mission.

 

As Barnacles suggested, you might have some luck proposing such a mission to people running a special event, such as Friday Night Flights.

 

Finally, as one human to another, if you are trying to be persuasive you need to start with empathy. Understand the position of the other party. You have steadfastly refused to do that in your messages. Your idea is "simple and interesting" yet you will "never understand why" it is rejected. You want to make the game "more fun" but the admins don't want to make fun missions. What a silly position to take. The admin teams of the popular servers have poured thousands of hours into creating their servers and missions. It's absolutely possible they have not thought of everything and so making suggestions is always welcome. But if someone hears your suggestion and politely says "thank you but no, and this is why" then you need to accept their answer.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voodoo_Wolfkis
56 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

 

Look, I tried to be polite, and I'm trying to explain, but you're refusing to understand or accept the answer. There is a reason that the admins of all the popular servers have rejected the idea of doing poor visibility missions: those missions are not popular. You think it would be a fun idea. I had fun on the Aces High night mission a few weeks ago. So yes, those missions can be fun. But I was flying a night mission with friends and the server admins had advertised it as a special event, and everyone knew it was going to be a night mission. That is very different than having a public 24 x 7 server that usually has a certain kind of mission suddenly having a very different kind of mission.

 

As Barnacles suggested, you might have some luck proposing such a mission to people running a special event, such as Friday Night Flights.

 

Finally, as one human to another, if you are trying to be persuasive you need to start with empathy. Understand the position of the other party. You have steadfastly refused to do that in your messages. Your idea is "simple and interesting" yet you will "never understand why" it is rejected. You want to make the game "more fun" but the admins don't want to make fun missions. What a silly position to take. The admin teams of the popular servers have poured thousands of hours into creating their servers and missions. It's absolutely possible they have not thought of everything and so making suggestions is always welcome. But if someone hears your suggestion and politely says "thank you but no, and this is why" then you need to accept their answer.


Thank you for the answer. I now perfectly understand the position you are in and i respect it (as i did all the time we have a conversation)

But is there any possible way (i'm not asking, it's just a guess) the events like night missions (or just dark-time) can be seen on this server in the near future? I fly on the server few days a week and yet have not seen any map with special configuration of the weather or day time (simply speaking special events). May you please tell me more about the plans of this specific topic? Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

QB.Creep
On 1/2/2021 at 2:06 PM, Voodoo_Wolfkis said:


Thank you for the answer. I now perfectly understand the position you are in and i respect it (as i did all the time we have a conversation)

But is there any possible way (i'm not asking, it's just a guess) the events like night missions (or just dark-time) can be seen on this server in the near future? I fly on the server few days a week and yet have not seen any map with special configuration of the weather or day time (simply speaking special events). May you please tell me more about the plans of this specific topic? Thank you.

Take a look at the suggestions thread in CB discord and you will see that increasing the early morning/late evening map times or inclement weather is a very unpopular idea for many in the CB community. You will see it occasionally, but it is rare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NO.20_Krispy_Duck

Not a big fan of truly bad weather or the sun sitting right on the horizon, but I do like the use of clouds in the missions where they can help obscure a ground attacker, or make defenders change up their tactics a bit. There are a couple CB missions like that, and it's a good change of pace from the clearer missions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, NO.20_Krispy_Duck said:

Not a big fan of truly bad weather or the sun sitting right on the horizon, but I do like the use of clouds in the missions where they can help obscure a ground attacker, or make defenders change up their tactics a bit. There are a couple CB missions like that, and it's a good change of pace from the clearer missions.

 

In fact, the weather and time of day are randomized daily, so you could get clear skies or the heavier clouds on any* mission! Hopefully this adds to the "replayability" of the missions.

 

* Winter maps feature only medium cloud at most, because navigating a winter map with heavy cloud is very difficult.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NO.20_Krispy_Duck
19 hours ago, Alonzo said:

 

In fact, the weather and time of day are randomized daily, so you could get clear skies or the heavier clouds on any* mission! Hopefully this adds to the "replayability" of the missions.

 

* Winter maps feature only medium cloud at most, because navigating a winter map with heavy cloud is very difficult.

 

I haven't played all of the missions lately, but that's a big plus to keeping the missions from getting stale. It must be the time I am online, but it's usually one of 3 or 4 missions when I play. Must just be the way the rotation lines up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VBF-12_Snake9

I think many people actually enjoyed the different game maps. (Kuban is a beautiful map)  We didn't like it when the American planes were pulled off the different maps.  I would love to have the Kuban map put back in, just don't want to fly a Lagg.  The Luki map was interesting also.  At least there was a spitfire one could fly.  

 

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CIA_Elanski

I wasn't the really paying attention to most of the classes I took in school so my history and geography stink.  So I could give a rip about what land is under me or if a plane is in the right theater at any given month.   Blowing stuff up and whackin axis if fun....unless my p51 cant catch the JU88.  Not that fun. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bremspropeller

I'm wondering, if some axis earlier war aircraft (e.g. 109F-4, G-2, G-4, Fw 190A-3 and MC 202) could be made available in small numbers, depicting aircraft used with the Jagdschulen that would occasionally meet enemy aircraft.

 

Adding maybe 3-5 each on a rear airfield would probably give a good balance of fun and useability.

They should have all mods available (e.g. gunpods, bomb-loadouts) to be useful.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RedKestrel
1 hour ago, Bremspropeller said:

I'm wondering, if some axis earlier war aircraft (e.g. 109F-4, G-2, G-4, Fw 190A-3 and MC 202) could be made available in small numbers, depicting aircraft used with the Jagdschulen that would occasionally meet enemy aircraft.

 

Adding maybe 3-5 each on a rear airfield would probably give a good balance of fun and useability.

They should have all mods available (e.g. gunpods, bomb-loadouts) to be useful.

I thought some of them were already available on the late war maps, at least sometimes? Could have sworn I've run into A3s and G-4s at least. Though I don't think I've seen a 109F4 or a Macchi anywhere.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bremspropeller

I think I have seen it, too, on occasions.

 

I thought it might spice up things a little to expand this over a couple of aircraft-types. It's sort of semi-historical (e.g. the Macchi), but I think the airplane is quirky and fun, and it won't hurt anybody too much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CSW_606_Temp

I have question about "Batle over Eindhoven Marz 1945" .
Germans have 100+ Bf 109K-4C4 + FW 190D-9 + Me-262. Top class german piston engine fighter + Jet boost. RAF have only 5 Tempests! This is not balanced and not historical. So why?
For 44 maps is ok for Tempest limited, but why is this hardly restriction in 45 maps? It is possible corect on this map? Maybe on all 45 maps? Tempest and Doras have +- similiar quantity on action at same time. Same Performance, same IRL quantity on the front. So mayby is OK balanced planeset this planes 1:1. 
Thanks.



 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VBF-12_KW
22 minutes ago, CSW_606_Temp said:

I have question about "Batle over Eindhoven Marz 1945" .
Germans have 100+ Bf 109K-4C4 + FW 190D-9 + Me-262. Top class german piston engine fighter + Jet boost. RAF have only 5 Tempests! This is not balanced and not historical. So why?
For 44 maps is ok for Tempest limited, but why is this hardly restriction in 45 maps? It is possible corect on this map? Maybe on all 45 maps? Tempest and Doras have +- similiar quantity on action at same time. Same Performance, same IRL quantity on the front. So mayby is OK balanced planeset this planes 1:1. 
Thanks.



 


Just doing some quick math for that map in January: 

 

Hours played: 133 red, 135 blue

Kills: 119 red, 168 blue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've very excited to announce the winners of the mission design contest!

 

First place and a $40 gift card for the 1C store goes to Rush to Berlin by BlackHellHound1. This mission is super interesting, ambitious, and features new mechanics that we're excited to build.

 

Second place and a $20 gift card goes to Market Garden Air Drop by VBF-12_KW. KW suggested this adaptation of our existing Bridge Too Far mission a while back and created a very compelling new mission focused on protecting or attacking C-47 supply drops during Operation Market Garden.

 

Third place and a $10 gift card goes to Fall of Munster by Cass D.R. It's a classic map layout with an additional mechanic to do with softening up 'main' targets by destroying smaller ones and we think it will add a strategic element to the mission.

 

We'd like to thank everyone who submitted a mission design to the contest. They were all great entries with some really good thinking behind them and plot lines. We're a little bit sad that we had to pick just three winners, since all the entries were so good.

 

Sketch and Alonzo will be working with the mission designers to convert the winning entries into flyable missions for Combat Box, stay tuned to see those come to life.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...