Sign in to follow this  
[TWB]Sketch

Convoy for Redwing

@LeLv30_Redwing - I was unable to attach the group to a private message, so I'm posting it here. Let me know if you need me to modify it in anyway.

Proximity logic:

image.thumb.png.2e00dac8437879d0bc9454f8aadef5ac.png

The "enemy closer" proximity trigger will be disabled immediately after firing and will not fire again until the enemy planes leave the area (1300m) and stay out of the area for at least 15 seconds. This is slightly different than how a proximity trigger works in other missions. Normally, you'll see the convoy stop, start again... Then stop, and start again... Then stop, then start, then stop... You get the idea. It doesn't take long for a player plane to be 1.3k away from ground targets and then come in for another pass. And I don't believe that having trucks stop and start again immediately is very accurate; hence why I've included the extra logic. Let me know if you need anything else.

Allied Vehicle Convoy.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks again, dear Sketch. I wonder do they have such number of constantly friendly individuals in other communities., like we have in here?

On 3/8/2019 at 8:33 AM, [TWB]Sketch said:

Proximity logic:

Sketch, your groups are always so nicely laid out. Is there some "snap to grid" feature I'm not using that I should be? All my logic looks like it was arranged by a five year old... 😞

Ha! Thanks @Alonzo. If you like the way I setup my MCUs, then you'll really like @coconut's MCU arrangement. 

image.thumb.png.bafdfb4d0bc5b5ac800ffef8d282c4fc.png

Technically though, he's cheating by using scripts to produce such a beautiful flower. 😄 For the rest of us, we just have to spend a few extra minutes aligning MCUs for better maintainability and scalability. Of course when I present something here, I spend an even extra amount of time to make sure it's as clear as mud as possible for other mission editors.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Alonzo said:

Sketch, your groups are always so nicely laid out. Is there some "snap to grid" feature I'm not using that I should be? All my logic looks like it was arranged by a five year old... 😞

Sketch is good peeps...we have a number of very helpful people here.

Regarding logic/layout.

I used to be fairly haphazard with it at first.

Then I’d go into one of my own missions days, weeks or months  later to fix something and it would take me a while to figure out my own logic...which wastes time.

Now I’m EXTREMELY neat and organized with it. I establish conventions for MCU placement and stick with them.

I also take the time to group everything so that a year later if I need to track something down I can find it in seconds.

One thing I’ve started doing with this latest build, since my waypoint logic can get a bit complex...I make ingress waypoint 200 meters, and egress waypoints 400 meters.

That way at a glance I can more easily see what’s going on.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

FYI, I included some tips for MCU layout in "Arranging MCUs", on pg. 177 of the editor manual.

In addition, avoid arranging MCUs so that links overlap. Here's an example:

1668320264_ArrangingMCUs-AvoidLinkOverlap-Small.png.7ae5bbcd7d696b10601ca7b2a4b68e36.png

In the screenshot, note the following:

• There is a link from the T2 timer to the OUT counter on the left.
  • There is a link from the OUT counter to another MCU that is a long way off screen to the lower right.

The second link mentioned looks like a link from timer T2 to the off-screen MCU.

• Upvote 1

What's Coconut doing with the flower? Zenino is an airfield, and that's not quite 360 individual degrees worth of MCUs.... so I'm unable to guess.

9 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

What's Coconut doing with the flower? Zenino is an airfield, and that's not quite 360 individual degrees worth of MCUs.... so I'm unable to guess.

Those are server inputs that (IIRC) are used to set the different indexes of the available planes lists.

• Upvote 1