Sunday Flying Circus Furball

GCF

Hi guys, I would like to make a suggestion.

OG, I think it would help to list your server at the website barans.ru. Yesterday there were only a handful of us four of us most of the time (I think we capped at six), when in general we have 12+ players. In good weekends, we get close to 20 players. People, me included, check the barans website all the time to see if there is people flying, especially during event hours. It is easy, available to all and you just have to click a link. Plus, you get to see your ping. Sometimes I login earlier just because I see people there, and one people bring another and so on so forth. During the first weeks of aircraft release, I often login when I see people in the server during week days. In my opinion, this is why we were having good numbers during all these Sundays.

Just my 2 cents. Great work guys.

Zooropa_Fly
46 minutes ago, Klugermann said:

It's hard to look at a computer screen when it is so nice outside.

Turn the screen brightness up ;)

1 hour ago, SeaW0lf said:

Hi guys, I would like to make a suggestion.

OG, I think it would help to list your server at the website barans.ru. Yesterday there were only a handful of us four of us most of the time (I think we capped at six), when in general we have 12+ players. In good weekends, we get close to 20 players. People, me included, check the barans website all the time to see if there is people flying, especially during event hours. It is easy, available to all and you just have to click a link. Plus, you get to see your ping. Sometimes I login earlier just because I see people there, and one people bring another and so on so forth. During the first weeks of aircraft release, I often login when I see people in the server during week days. In my opinion, this is why we were having good numbers during all these Sundays.

Just my 2 cents. Great work guys.

Can't see any reason for not doing this, I check it for RoF all the time.

S!

Edited by Zooropa_Fly

1 hour ago, SeaW0lf said:

People, me included, check the barans website all the time to see if there is people flying, especially during event hours.

What action do you take if you find no-one connected?

Plus, you get to see your ping.

Surely any server worthy of the description gives you that information anyway.

9 minutes ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Well, some servers display pings every 5 minutes or so.. which get a bit annoying.

Yes I imagine it certainly would be.

3 hours ago, Cynic_Al said:

What action do you take if you find no-one connected?

If I intend to fly and there is no one there, I will login in the hopes that people will see me there and join the fray. It happens often.

I know how you think, but I agree to disagree. Discord and such has its purposes and works great for squadrons and a group of friends, but if a server relies only on these things, it will alienate anyone that is not willing to join the 'club' so to speak or that likes to check things instead of receiving messages or warnings. In my opinion, if Flying Circus is to survive, it needs a clear and broad way to convey to people that there are players flying at a given server. As we see in ROF, NFF is always populated because we can see when there is people flying there. I many times went there alone and five, ten minutes later someone showed up, and then another, and another, until we have a good crowd flying together.

Like I said, it is my 2 cents. A server like WOL can survive without it, but it became staple in BOX for years and was listed there for years. 

2 hours ago, SeaW0lf said:

If I intend to fly and there is no one there, I will login in the hopes that people will see me there and join the fray. It happens often.

So you'll join the server regardless of what the useful Barans site tells you. It's good to have that clarified, although it does beg a rather obvious question.

if Flying Circus is to survive, it needs a clear and broad way to convey to people that there are players flying at a given server.

Then I'm sure you'll be gratified to know that has been implemented already as part of the multiplayer server list. Any committed player should have no difficulty finding it.

Flying Circus Furball

When : Sunday, the 16th June 2019

Time :  19:00 to 00:00  Greenwich Mean Time

Where : Flying Circus Flyin Furballs Server

Type : 5 Hour long, informal, mass dogfight (drop in & drop out anytime) Furball.

Entrance : Everyone welcome, just fly and have fun.

A big thank you to OG_FC for allowing me to use his missions tonight, thank yoy Sir

A massive thank you to all at Jasta 5 for allowing us hold the FCF event  on their server for the last months, you have give FC a home, and helping keep us all flying, I Salute you Sir ! 

This event will be held every Sunday from 19:00 to 00:00 GMT.

Have fun all !!

S!

paul

Any feed back ( negative or positive ) is always welcome, as is any ideas, or questions you may have.

Good evening all the Sunday Furball starts in 30 min mission up now with with ai but at on the hour switches to no ai ,3 missions, 90 min long.

All welcome !

Have fun !!

Flying Circus Furball

When : Sunday, the 23th June 2019

Where : Flying Circus Flyin Furballs Server

Type : 5 Hour long, informal, mass dogfight (drop in & drop out anytime) Furball.

Missions  : All missions will be OG_FC's missions which he is kindly allowing me to use.

A big thank you to OG_FC for allowing me to use his missions tonight, thank you Sir

Have fun all !!

S!

paul

Any feed back ( negative or positive ) is always welcome, as is any ideas, or questions you may have.

• Like 3

Sorry have to go out so Darkowl is kindly helping me out by hosting tonights event on his server Flying Circus Armeeflugpark 1

Thank You Darkowl for saving the night.

Flying Circus Furball

When : Sunday, the 23th June 2019

Where : Flying Circus Armeeflugpark 1 Server

Missions  : All missions will be OG_FC's missions which he is kindly allowing me to use.

A big thank you to OG_FC for allowing me to use his missions tonight, thank you Sir

Have fun all !!

S!

paul

• Like 1

Thanks for putting this together! Was my first Flying Circus Multiplayer experience, and as such taught me that despite a couple of kills I don't do engine management in the Spad as well as I thought I did!...at least not when the adrenaline kicks in...looking forward to next Sunday after a week of diving  practice!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Flying Circus Flyin Furballs Server will be up about an 1h30 before event start on Sunday, all are welcome.

Edited by GCF
  • Thanks 1

Good Evening All !

Server is up, 90 minute rotations, four missions, first has AI and is up now, the other three starting from 19h00 GMT will have no AI Planes.

All welcome ! Have fun All !

Salute !

paul 

Sorry all, server is messed up today , had to scrap it but people and me are still flying tonight in other FC servers, sorry again, have fun , hope to see you in the air tonight

Sorry about dropping out tonight - my Edtracker is playing up in the vertical for some reason.

I may give up on this for a bit, see if they sort the map out and maybe invest in VR, but simply not worth the outlay for now.

Have fun guys.

• 4 weeks later...

Look on the server list Sundays for flyers on Flying Circus servers after 1900 GMT. 

This event was previously hosted on the Flying Circus Flugpark and has generally continued to be a weekly gathering place on Sundays as the community grows.   Includes a two seater photo recon mission over active combat zone.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

This coming Sunday we are hoping to have something a little different in advance of the following weekends Black September practice mission...come check it out and get a first look....😉

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Continuing this regularly scheduled community event started by GCF.

Flying Circus Furball

When: Sunday, the 13th October 2019

Time:  17:00 UTC/GMT

Where: Flying Circus Flugpark Server

Type: dogfights and two-seater missions (drop in & drop out anytime)

Entrance: Everyone welcome, regardless of experience.  Come fly and have fun

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Great game tonight really fun and a good amount of people flying  👍

20191013205656_1.jpg

20191013201423_1.jpg

Edited by IV./JG51-L_Welter

Just now, Donik said:

I had a lot of fun for the hour or two I was on.  Had a couple good fights.  Ran away from @SeaW0lf in his DR1 when I realized I was in over my head on that one 😄

I had a good laugh at the server 😀 But I love the Dolphin as well. She's a good ride when you have altitude advantage.

Not at the same time....but there was a solid 25-30 from 1700-2100.  Lots of returning vets as well as some newer players trying multiplayer.

Flying Circus Furball

When: Sunday, the 20th October 2019.

Time:  17:00 UTC/GMT

Where: Flying Circus Flugpark Server

Type: dogfights and two-seater missions (drop in & drop out anytime)

Entrance: Everyone welcome, regardless of experience.  Come fly and have fun.

Parser Results:

http://stats.jasta5.org:8000/en/

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Like 1

Great flights today all.  Over 39 players from 1200-1500 UTC and 80 players stopped in at some point from 1500-1800 UTC!

image.thumb.png.b5fc2ecc1112b60366662b3c2c3f3f0c.png

• Like 4

Bit of a tough one for me, I didn't get involved in the action very much and I lost a streak I was trying to cultivate. But, that's just me. The silver lining is I saw some AMAZING scenes as the server filled up...at one point I counted what must have been at least 30-35 aircraft on my screen at once, all seen from a distance...20+ were involved in a huge layered furball stretching from 2000m right down to ground level. Simply amazing to see. 

Edited by US103_Larner
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, US103_Larner said:

Bit of a tough one for me, I didn't get involved in the action very much and I lost a streak I was trying to cultivate.

You will get there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, US103_Larner said:

Bit of a tough one for me, I didn't get involved in the action very much and I lost a streak I was trying to cultivate. But, that's just me. The silver lining is I saw some AMAZING scenes as the server filled up...at one point I counted what must have been at least 30-35 aircraft on my screen at once, all seen from a distance...20+ were involved in a huge layered furball stretching from 2000m right down to ground level. Simply amazing to see. 

I am sure you will earn your way back up like i did when me and another player collided and i could not bail out my 14 killstreak vanished

Edited by IV./JG51-L_Welter