Sunday Flying Circus Furball

I flew a little there, I have several new observations.  First, a player who has committed a disconnect in order not to be shot down in a situation when he is badly damaged does not have a display of his defeat on the statistics website and robs the winner of the one who shot him down.  The second - a dolphin, with a hard landing and a coup on his back - does not break the neck of his pilot (unlike RoF).  Third - Talbot is equally dangerous for any belligerent, he shoots everyone in a row 🙂

• Haha 1
US213_Talbot

I thought that Bristol was going to get me! He was really pissed I strafed the field! Was just trying to ring in the new year early!

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2
US93_Larner
17 hours ago, emely said:

Third - Talbot is equally dangerous for any belligerent, he shoots everyone in a row 🙂

If it makes you feel any better, he was aiming for me 😆

• Haha 2

I didn’t feel better, but it became more fun for me) I understood a couple of bullets above my head so that perhaps the dolphin is a rare guest in this game and its silhouette is unfamiliar 🙂 However, in vain you put different squadron numbers while you were all at number 103,  there were no such cases 😉

J5_Gamecock
On 12/30/2019 at 9:42 AM, J99_Sizzlorr said:

Had some fun yesterday. Flew the Albatros D.Va for most of the time, now that it does not constantly overheat in fights lower than 1500m.  It is still such a death trap. But a sexy looking one.

So there you are flying your little sexy death trap over the front.

First thing that happens you try to catch an S.E.5a, of course you can't it extends with ease. Instead you get jumped by a Camel. You decide to turn against the Camel, of course you can't it selfconfidently manouvers on to your tail. You decide to break away and dive for your lines. Of yourse you can't the Camel has trouble not to overshoot you. To make matters worse the S.E.5a decides to join the fight again. So you will not outdive anyone. Next thing happens the first hit on you gets you in the head, like it is the size of a giant Pezzi Ball rendering you uncon. Not much you can do there but to look sexy, somehow it was still a lot of fun.

At one point i fought a Camel a Spad and a Bristol all at once, for some minuites then again first hits on me were on my Pezzi Ball, then I decided to jump out of the death trap.

I just love that plane. Can't help myself.

I was laughing so hard as I read this because I know just how you feel. It describes my Alb. flights perfectly!

Then I thought to myself... Wait, why am I laughing?:scratch_one-s_head:

• Haha 1
J5_Baeumer

Flying Circus Furball

When: Sunday, 5 January 2020

Time:  19:00 UTC/GMT start.

Where: Flying Circus Flugpark

Type: Dogfights and two-seater missions (drop in & drop out anytime).

Entrance: Everyone welcome, regardless of experience.  Come fly and have fun!

Communications - Flugpark Discord: https://discord.gg/h8MRmyN

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Like 1
JG1_Hotlead_J10
3 hours ago, Oliver88 said:

Going to be there (bout an hour later). :pilot:

Same! 😎

US93_Larner

Great fun yesterday! Here are a couple highlights. Videos contain bad language, so be warned, yada yada yada...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
SCG_Wulfe

Great time flying with you all once again. Wish this server was full all the time, itching for more. 

• Upvote 1
J5_Baeumer

Flying Circus Furball

When: Sunday, 12 January 2020

J5_Baeumer

Great fun this week!   We received some very positive feedback via the Flugpark Discord channel that at least one new pilot joined for the first time and had a extremely good time flying with everyone.   Congratulations to Entente for evening out the current months tour tally.

Capture.thumb.PNG.c2fc9c52aa17f96af4525a6967031aa8.PNG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
J5_Baeumer

Flying Circus Furball

When: Sunday, 19 January 2020

• Like 2
J99_Sizzlorr

Lots of fun yesterday. About 48 people online at one time yesterday. Flew Fokker D.VIIF in 4 sorties. In the second sortie i managed to surprise a Bristol fighter crossing no mans land. There are so many of them lately. After a brief exchange of bullets i had to return to base with a damaged engine. When arraving near my airfield i spotted AA gun fire.

2 S.E.5a were close to the airfield low herassing our side near Bapaume, one got cought in ground MG fire, and i managed to finish him off, the second attacked me and i evaded but my engine started to quit. So i send some bullets after him and started my landing. Another Fokker D.VII which took off was in hot persuit of the remaining S.E.5a

Later i had a scrap with two bristol fighters. Again my engine got damaged and i returned to base only to cross path with a Spad. He seemed to be unaware of my presence, so i cocked my guns to make sure I am not invisibe or some shit and bounced him on my way back to base.

The last sortie took me all the way back to Cambrai, there were 4 enemy aircrafts seen over Enpinoy. Some fellow Fokker pilots got in a fight just SW of Cambrai, i could watch the fight from far away, but when i arrived the furball had dissolved. Just one S.E.5a and a Fokker D.VII were duelling below. I stayed up and looked for more enemy planes. And there was another BrisFit joining the fight helping the S.E5a out considerably, cause another Fokker D.VII had entered the fight. I dove onto the Bristol and got a PK on him i think.

After that i turned back to base but heard some flak behind me. A Camel tried to sneak up on me. I turned to face the enemy and in a short duell he spun out and went in.

All in all great fun!

Edited by J99_Sizzlorr
J5_Klugermann

Good fun yesterday. Bristols were my undoing. Saw 2 running north up the canal,  was diving to bounce them and accidentally bailed when I went to guns.

Then I engaged a second pair South of Begnautre and was faring well until a maniac DR1 showed up. We almost collided, I pulled up, lost consciousness, was then hit hard, and recovered only to have my plane explode

Saw a party at Epinoy on the map, flew there and became engaged with 2 Bristols, Camel,  Se5 and Dolphin. Gave a reasonable accounting before being incapacitated and killed.

US213_Talbot
23 minutes ago, J5_Klugermann said:

Good fun yesterday. Bristols were my undoing. Saw 2 running north up the canal,  was diving to bounce them and accidentally bailed when I went to guns.

That's an odd key combo mapping

J5_Baeumer

Screenshot_20200120-111613.thumb.png.b8c5ed370dad7cea968711c4e448746c.png

Wasn't able to fly but recall seeing 56 at one point on the barans server list.

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Upvote 1
J5_Gamecock
6 hours ago, J5_Klugermann said:

Then I engaged a second pair South of Begnautre and was faring well until a maniac DR1 showed up. We almost collided, 

This.

Twice this month I have been killed by an over-zealous friendly who dove into an engagement I was already in. Almost happend again yesterday as my wing and I engaged a couple of Camels.  About this same time I saw the guys that jumped into our fight jump into another where there were already 3 guys on 1 Bristol making it 5 to 1.   Then the complaining starts about friendly fire...... :scratch_one-s_head:

Is it really necessary?

23 hours ago, emely said:

In my opinion, it’s interesting when someone uploads at least a small video with interesting moments of the battle

I specially selected the music in such a way that Mr. Klugerman could feel good for me too 😉 Russian song, German words.  This map after the main event, I was late for the main event.  And there’s a good Polish camel pilot.  And he is good because he knows how to fly not only on this sh_, but also on all other planes.

Edited by emely
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
J5_Klugermann
23 hours ago, emely said:

In my opinion, it’s interesting when someone uploads at least a small video with interesting moments of the battle

I generally don't record and post because I think people would tire watching me constantly shoot down enemies.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, J5_Klugermann said:

I generally don't record and post because I think people would tire watching me constantly shoot down enemies.

You are modest, like a true hero.  However, it is a pity that society will not see the magnificent Kung-Fu Klugermann..

My situation with victories in air battles is very bad, so I have no choice but to shoot a video about my defeats 🙂

Edited by emely
J5_Klugermann
2 minutes ago, emely said:

You are modest, like a true hero.  However, it is a pity that society will not see the magnificent Kung-Fu Klugermann..

My situation with victories in air battles is very bad, so I have no choice but to shoot a video about my defeats 🙂

Sometimes you can get a tiny glimpse of my genius on Baer's stream when I fly with the 3rd Pursuit Group.

• Haha 1
US28_Baer
20 hours ago, J5_Klugermann said:

Sometimes you can get a tiny glimpse of my genius on Baer's stream when I fly with the 3rd Pursuit Group.

Cameraman said we'll need a wider angle lens to fit Klugs head in shot

Edited by US103_Baer
  • Haha 2
J5_Baeumer

Flying Circus Furball

When: Sunday, 25 January 2020

• Like 1
J5_Baeumer

What a day flying!  Thanks to everyone who came out today for fun!   We pegged the server capacity limits pretty solidly at 60 for quite a while!  Will look into increasing capacity incrementally if that keeps happening! 

Don't forget this weeks first Tuesday Night Flights at the Flugpark with two start times: 1900 GMT (2pm Eastern) and 2400 GMT (7pm Eastern)!  There is now organized Flying Circus every other day/night four times every week:   Sunday Furball > Tuesday Flights at the Flugpark > Thursday Night Fly In > Saturday event/campaigns.

Capture.thumb.PNG.8c42f16ec3e9f64f45dcc31395ab8926.PNG

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Upvote 3
J5_Baeumer

Flying Circus Furball

When: Sunday, 02 February 2020

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
J99_Sizzlorr

Just a heads up, if you have trouble getting on the server try to delete the contents of your IL2GB/data/multiplayer/dogfight folder...

US93_Larner

We had a blast tonight...decided to take it a little less seriously and drop some Cooper bombs on a Hun aerodrome for our last flight, then had to fight our way home through all the angry scouts! 

kCrpOeBh.png

Edited by US93_Larner
6 hours ago, J99_Sizzlorr said:

Just a heads up, if you have trouble getting on the server try to delete the contents of your IL2GB/data/multiplayer/dogfight folder...

Thanks, I'm going to do that. I had a couple game crashes this week in the middle of sorties, something that I never have.

Edited by SeaW0lf
J5_Baeumer

After being maxed out at 60 players two weeks in a row, the Flugpark will be increased almost 10% by five player slots for next weeks Sunday event.  This weekend was a record for attendance to the Sunday event!  Congratulations everyone! 

y4mbArbYFyKUChtLlHe3XVYQJ6aydLT08jlqdsFv

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
J5_Baeumer

Flying Circus Furball

When: Sunday, 09 February 2020

Time:  19:00 UTC/GMT

J5_Baeumer

Since the community has maxed out 60 slots the last two weeks during this event, we are going to see if we can fill 65 slots this week!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1