Sunday Flying Circus Furball

NO.20_W_M_Thomson
3 hours ago, emely said:

Guys, I can’t understand, are you all once or twice a week released from prison or from a psycho hospital?  Why are there only 4 players today?  ;-)))))

I'm in a prison, I get a choice of 2 things I can do 2 times a week, 1 have a beautiful lady for the night or fly with you guys, And I pick you guys. See how much I like you guys.

3 hours ago, Daedallus said:

A small piece of the action from last night.....goodbyeeeee

Not sure If I liked that video at all, Who were the Bristol pilots? 

• Like 1
J5_Daedallus
50 minutes ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

As far as I'm concerned, they are anonymous heroes

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

sure looked familiar didn't it ?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

I'm in a prison, I get a choice of 2 things I can do 2 times a week, 1 have a beautiful lady for the night or fly with you guys, And I pick you guys. See how much I like you guys.

The conditions are harsh, but there are worse.  There are places where six times a week you need to have the same beautiful girl, and only once a week give a day off for flights)

1 hour ago, NO.20_D_McGoun said:

sure looked familiar didn't it ?

Yes ... To bring down such a large bird, you need at least six hunters 😉

IMG_7656.JPG.ecd717748bd22fb0a938e498fda1e066.JPGу

• Haha 3
NO.20_W_M_Thomson
3 hours ago, emely said:

The conditions are harsh, but there are worse.  There are places where six times a week you need to have the same beautiful girl, and only once a week give a day off for flights)

Yes ... To bring down such a large bird, you need at least six hunters 😉

IMG_7656.JPG.ecd717748bd22fb0a938e498fda1e066.JPGу

That was awesome mate, good show.

J5_Daedallus

Salute all

And a short piece of action from the following night where a Pfalz takes out one of our balloons, but not without cost..........called Ballet at 500m

cheers

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
J5_Gamecock
8 hours ago, Daedallus said:

And a short piece of action from the following night where a Pfalz takes out one of our balloons, but not without cost..........called Ballet at 500m

Love these videos Daedallus, do keep 'em coming.

Knowing your experience with friendly flak, I'm sort of surprised you went down after him.;)  

• Haha 1

LOL I think there is big chance it was me in Pfalz, I overrevved engine in dive and wanted to shake off attacker between trees. Exactly how I remember it! It was very nice fight although doomed to be lost.

Yup I think this was that sortie. I got balloon kill and then crashed.

http://stats.jasta5.org:8000/en/sortie/24694/?tour=9

Very interesting to see it from other perspective in cinematic quality :)

Edited by ataribaby

Dedallus, congratulations on your victory in aerial combat! 🙂 With disdain, ignoring the attack from behind, you came out victorious 😉 I hope I pleased you that I broke my wings to Dolphin in pursuit of you ;-))) I was delighted with this event!  Comrade Mauser, in whose airplane you made a lot of very beautiful air vents by that moment, was very pleased with this situation 🙂

• Haha 1
J5_Baeumer

Flying Circus Furball

When: Sunday, 23 February 2020

Time:  19:00 UTC/GMT

Where: Flying Circus Flugpark

Type: Dogfights and two-seater missions (drop in & drop out anytime).

Entrance: Everyone welcome, regardless of experience.  Come fly and have fun!

Communications - Flugpark Discord: https://discord.gg/h8MRmyN

PS In order to accommodate increasing player numbers, we will be expanding server another 5 slots to 75 this week, while we continue to look for the edge of the server capacity envelope.

For this week we will be locking paint skins to default skins only.  This is to support efforts of those looking for invisible planes.  Be sure to bring your cameras so you can get a picture of the invisible planes should they appear in default skin mode. 

airwarghosts.jpg.57156450243d583f07cf01dbcfd198a7.jpg

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Like 2
J5_Baeumer

Amazing day!   The FC community maxed out the server at 75, a new record!  137 accounts, a new record!

PS  Also welcome Adler Legion and Free Cooperation Unit (FCU) to the squads page on the parser.

Post your pics, films and action reports here! 

Capture.thumb.PNG.13fb1d270d077f770ad6f9d960a028b4.PNG

Picture1.png.6d1343cc66639bcd383e44d5ec723908.png

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Like 2
J5_Daedallus
6 hours ago, J5_Baeumer said:

Post your pics, films and action reports here!

Salute all

Some action showing just how many fights there are when 75 ppl are on the server. S! to the (almost a) triplane pilot, not an easy land, and the Dolphin caught in the net.

cheers

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
JG1_Hotlead_J10

As always, the community made today AWESOME!!! 

Here's a furball @JG1_Luftritter and I got involved in near the end of our time on the server: 

I apologize for the recording quality. Twitch was being temperamental and caused some lag/stutters in the video. 🤦‍♂️ 

...and yes, I did tell Luft I was breaking hard right when in reality I was breaking hard left. 🙈😂 Thank goodness I have a wingman who understands what I really mean sometimes! 😁👍

• Like 4
1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

Hi all,

Bäumer, J5 - regarding Sunday, during and around the peak the game did not run for me as smoothly as usual, was that only my observation? 

'Erratic plane behaviour' was clearly visible in my case on that Sunday.

I noticed you raised the limit to over 70 slots? 

S!

Edited by 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk
  • Upvote 2
HagarTheHorrible

Was disconnected, kicked, twice last night (high ping of 150, I think), this happened just as I was getting killed, both occasions, so I apologise to anyone who thought I was maybe pulling the plug  (you can be assured I would, if only I could figure out which plug to pull), just as they tried to finnish me off.  If consolation is needed, I lost several kills too, because of my getting kicked.  Oddly enough, I've observed, over the weeks, some players in particular, warping badly about (observed by others, so not just me), but they haven't been kicked, the person, or group, I was with observed no warping from me, maybe the ping limits have been lowered ?

Edited by HagarTheHorrible
1PL-Husar-1Esk

Decrease in server performance was noticeable , not unplayable or bad but less what was with previous player limit.

• Upvote 1
-332FG-REDMAN

Great day of flying had a blast. We also noticed some warping and server issues but didn't encounter any invisible planes or ghost. Some planes in front of clouds were hard to ID.

2 hours ago, HagarTheHorrible said:

Was disconnected, kicked, twice last night (high ping of 150, I think), this happened just as I was getting killed, both occasions, so I apologise to anyone who thought I was maybe pulling the plug  (you can be assured I would, if only I could figure out which plug to pull), just as they tried to finnish me off.  If consolation is needed, I lost several kills too, because of my getting kicked.  Oddly enough, I've observed, over the weeks, some players in particular, warping badly about (observed by others, so not just me), but they haven't been kicked, the person, or group, I was with observed no warping from me, maybe the ping limits have been lowered ?

There was no limit before last night. It's been added because of those warping players that you mention. And they were not getting in last night. I've reported in the server thread that you were getting problems also despite not warping and your ping being not too high. They are upping the limit to ~350.

13 hours ago, US213_Talbot said:

Good numbers today! Got track records but honestly can't say we encountered the invisible bug. 

:(

There was couple reports from the pilots that I was in voice communications with. No recordings however purely anecdotal.

Edited by Oliver88
  • Thanks 1
J2_Trupobaw
14 hours ago, US213_Talbot said:

Good numbers today! Got track records but honestly can't say we encountered the invisible bug. 

:(

It' s hard to prove nonexistence of something :). Yesterday was dominated by huge, multi-plane fights, and all D.VIIs looked the same - great conditions for invisible planes  to blend in and go unnoticed.

I have noticed great many more than usual  S.E pilots trying to jump me in my D.VIIF. Whether it's because I was more visible, they were invisible or it was just crazy evening, hard to tell.

Edited by J2_Trupobaw
J99_Sizzlorr
7 minutes ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

It' s hard to prove nonexistence of something :). Yesterday was dominated by huge, multi-plane fights, and all D.VIIs looked the same - great conditions for invisible planes  to blend in and go unnoticed.

I have noticed great many more than usual  S.E pilots trying to jump me in my D.VIIF. Whether it's because I was more visible, they were invisible or it was just crazy evening, hard to tell.

This is what i meant that it is probably a thing for the beta testers to tackle. It needs to be in a controlled enviroment and has to be tested with both custom skins off and on, for probably a longer period of time. What can we conclude from yesterdays event with locked skins? Really nothing at all.

J2_Trupobaw

Well, if we could get few squadrons together on agreed date, we could:

Have 2-3 pilots take of in D.VII/F from each airfield at various times, one with default skin, rest with personal skins.
Have 1+ pilot per entente airfield take off at different times.
Have everyone form up together while recording tracks over agreed rally point.
See who can see whom.
See what changes when guns are cocked.
See what changes when pistol is fired.
See what changes if guns are fired.

This should be done on quiet day, not Sunday, without to many bystayers (who are adding "noise" to observations).

Edited by J2_Trupobaw
US213_Talbot
16 minutes ago, J99_Sizzlorr said:

This is what i meant that it is probably a thing for the beta testers to tackle. It needs to be in a controlled enviroment and has to be tested with both custom skins off and on, for probably a longer period of time. What can we conclude from yesterdays event with locked skins? Really nothing at all.

One day without custom paint. Was it really that awful? 

At least we're trying something, damn.

And there is something of value-NO INVISIBLE PLANE BUG REPORTED.

Edited by US213_Talbot
HagarTheHorrible

Well, I thought I saw two Invisible D VII’s pounce on Oliver88 yesterday evening, pertinent is the fact that I only observed them as they dived into the final attack, possibly firing, or cocking guns, and not just flying around ready to pounce.

J99_Sizzlorr
1 minute ago, US213_Talbot said:

At least we're trying something, damn.

Never said it was awful, just pointing out that the bug hunt has to happen in a controlled enviroment. I appreciate you trying something, just putting you gently in the right direction.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Daedallus said:

S! to the (almost a) triplane pilot, not an easy land, and the Dolphin caught in the net.

In my opinion, this D7 was a completely superfluous dancer in this ballet 😉 Yesterday I spent about five hours on the server and took a one-way ticket on all flights.  Why waste time on the way back? 🙂 It’s better to have fun circling in a carousel near the ground without any clever thoughts about tactics and strategy.  Unfortunately, I relaxed so much that I had a collision with J99_Sizzlorr.  I apologize!  After these five of my hours, there are two players left on the server, me and J5_Gamecock.  We even managed to arrange a meeting in a certain square, despite my complete lack of knowledge of the English language))) I was looking forward to an interesting and long battle, but Gamecock hit my pilot with his first shot several times, and the whole thing ended in 10 seconds!  It’s good that after this he left the game and no one else came.  Otherwise, I would continue the game, until my death in real life))))

2 hours ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

Perhaps SeVa this time was slightly larger than usual due to the announcement of Bloody April.  The guys decided to try it in battle.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
J99_Sizzlorr

Back to server capacity: I think with 75 players on a packed mission the server performance seemed to have suffered noticeably. It wasn't terribe overall but in some situations it got a bit choppy. I think we reached a limit where it is still playable. It is really great to see so many pilots online, I am sure if the server capacity gets raised even higher we would see even more players joining in.

• Upvote 1
J2_Trupobaw
5 hours ago, US213_Talbot said:

Yeah it was. Streamers everywhere, flares everywhere, flights trying to find themselves amond identical planes. Then everything devolved into huge brawls, where you either try to help people who may or may not be your wingmen, or just go airquaking. I guess if you fly alone or in pair there was little difference, but maintaining six ship flight was exercise in frustration. The gain was, nobody saw an invisible plane among this mess.

Can I have my skin back, please?

Edited by J2_Trupobaw
  • Upvote 1
20 hours ago, Daedallus said:

Some action showing just how many fights there are when 75 ppl are on the server. S! 

I found this moment in my notes.  You can look from the other side if you are interested

• Thanks 2
J5_Baeumer
On 2/24/2020 at 3:52 AM, J5_Daedallus said:

Salute all

Some action showing just how many fights there are when 75 ppl are on the server. S! to the (almost a) triplane pilot, not an easy land, and the Dolphin caught in the net.

cheers

Flying Circus Furball

When: Sunday, March 1, 2020

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
J5_Baeumer

Flying Circus Furball

When: Sunday, March 8, 2020

NO.20_W_M_Thomson
1 hour ago, J5_Klugermann said:

Coronavirus fears.

Or they knew I wasn't coming in, so the fear was gone. 

J5_Baeumer

Flying Circus Furball

When: Sunday, March 15, 2020

SeaW0lf

Flugpark is with some sort of a problem. I can't login. I was going for a walk before noon (15h GMT) and checked the barans site and saw no players, which is unusual on Sundays. I got home and there were no players either. I tried to login and couldn’t.