Time :  19:00 to 03:00  Greenwich Mean Time

20:00 to 04:00  Central European Time
            15:00 to 22:00 Central Time US / Canadian

Second Round Start Time

Time :  00:00 to 03:00  Greenwich Mean Time

01:00 to 04:00  Central European Time
            19:00 to 22:00 Central Time US / Canadian

Where : Jasta 5  Flying Circus Dogfight Server

Type : 7 Hour long, informal, mass dogfight (drop in & drop out anytime) Furball.

Entrance : Everyone welcome, just fly and have fun.

Again a very big thanks to All the members of Jasta 5 for allowing us hold the FCF event  on their server, this Sunday and thanks for a great server.

This event will be held every Sunday from 19:00 to 03:00 GMT.

Edited by GCF
new update for this weeks event
  • Like 2

A big thank you to all flyers last night ! it was great fun having 20+ players in a dogfight server all at once.

hope we can do it again next week.

Flying Circus Furball

When : Sunday, the 31th March 2019

Time :  19:00 to 03:00  Greenwich Mean Time

20:00 to 04:00  Central European Time

Second Round Start Time

Time :  00:00 to 03:00  Greenwich Mean Time

01:00 to 04:00  Central European Time

Where : Jasta 5  Flying Circus Dogfight Server

Type : 7 Hour long, informal, mass dogfight (drop in & drop out anytime) Furball.

Entrance : Everyone welcome, just fly and have fun.

Again a very big thanks to All the members of Jasta 5 for allowing us hold the FCF event  on their server, this Sunday and thanks for a great server.

Looks like a blast! I have a rare Sunday afternoon free this week, so I'll try to hop in after Cuban's Vintage Mission in ROF! 

• Like 1

Good evening all just a reminder the event starts in 2 hours 15 min, please remember some peoples times have changed, due to daylight savings change.

all welcome !

• Thanks 1

If anyone is interested in using voice chat in the event tonight, there are three Flying Circus voice channels on The Irregulars discord server. FC Axis, FC Allied and Flying Circus general voice chat channel. Has Flying Circus text channel and a Flying Circus Event channel, here is the link  https://discord.gg/W9RV46p  All welcome.

if you already have discord installed, just click on the plus sign at the bottom of your discord app left hand list below your rooms and paste in the address, if you do not already have discord just click on the link and iether use web based discord or install the discord app.

Greetings GCF, love the idea of getting everyone together on multiplayer to try out the new Flying Circus sim, however it runs directly on top of mine and J2_SteveF'sr Vintage Mission Sunday event that's been going on for the better part of 2 years now.  I'd like to participate on your FC event, but I can't very well abandon my event to do it.  Since you started hosting these events, it has drawn our numbers down a bit, but we still have 20+ players where we used to have 40+ regularly. 

It seems in both our interests for the events to be held at different times that way we could maximize the number of pilots in each event.  We would pick up 20+ and presumably you would as well.  Feel free to reach out to me or SteveF and discuss alternatives for scheduling.  Thanks and good luck!

• Like 1

hi mate

i did communicate with J2_SteveF a long time ago, and has been gone over alot in the past. 

the Flying Circus Furball lasts 6 or 7 hours, feel free to join anytime

Like Cuban said, I love what you're doing mate! However, 6-7 hours seems like a rather large amount of time to cover. Ideally, if the event started just after the Cuban-Syndicate event ended, this would ensure that both playerbases have something to do. 

Personally, I got into the Cuban-Syndicate mission in ROF a bit late and found nearly nobody there because they had all left early to do the Flying Circus event. So, I looked at Flying Circus and found...no one there either. Miffed, I hung around Cuban's server and managed to get in some really fun fights with people who trickled back in, and afterwards I transferred to Flying Circus and helped seed a server for a little bit before signing off. 

IMHO, having now tried it from personal experience, having the two events overlap isn't very fun as it splits the players and some (like myself lol) end up getting neither by the time they arrive. 

Please don't take this as a criticism of the event itself! It's an awesome initiative; I just think you and Cuban should discuss and adjust the timing a wee bit. ;)

hi all 

i have never given my oppionion on ROF, and have tried to not mention ROF. But here it is , ROF is an old established game, a ww1 flight sim, coming to the end of its days, it has a very loyal following, that is having a problem letting go of a dying game, the game is nolonger supported except for the loyal ROF following, even the game designers have given up on ROF. no longer updating or supporting it. i will even go as far as to say Flying Circus is future, ROF is the past or atleast becoming so. ROF VM event has been running for 2 years, in a completed game. the Flying Circus Furball has been running for just over 2 months now, has only 7 planes, no map, no missions, no campaign, only multiplayer is avalible and reaches numbers that promted this discussion. How many events does ROF have ? All Flying Circus has is MP and 2 Event, thats it.

Personaly, to be honest an sick and tired of hearing about ROF, i did and do not play ROF, never wanted to, even bought the first ROF, but could not play fight sims properly, until VR, which ROF does not support. I dont mean upset anyone, but am sick and tired of hearing about ROF here, ROF there and every where, in Flying Circus forums and chat rooms, does ROF not have its own forums and chat rooms to discuss ROF in ?

As for changing the furball's times, i can make it a bit shorted by decreasing the end times, but can not change the start time as people in the EU are in the evening and would miss the event, i have fought very hard to get this event going and Flying Circus players not ROF players are my main consern. it does not matter to me who runs the event, as long as it is taking place and FC pilots have a place to fly and me have a good time. Sorry if i have offended anyone just my personal oppinion.

CubanCoveRunner There was no need really to bring this up in a public forum there is such a thing as a PM, if you had wanted to disscuss the event, also why do you presume that is should change the FCF event to suit you, this is FC not ROF event, but if you wish to change your events time or day feel free.

Some have no choices, others complain because they have choices. A man can not win.

• Upvote 1

Two things :

1. I understand your position GCF, despite the obvious RoF is still a seperate game and as a Flying Circus enthusiast you shouldn't be expected to arrange things around a different game.

2. However, when you have your own map hosted on your own server you can legitamately call yourself an 'event organiser'. At the moment all you're really doing (as far as I can see) is posting times. Setting times in the context of FC is almost a moot point at the moment since there's no map / mission with objectives etc. It's certainly not an 'event' in the same context as some of the RoF ones.. yet.

But I still applaud your enthusiasm in trying to get some action on the go. And if WW1 simming does have a future, then as things stand that future is FC.

S!

• Upvote 1

Yeah dude, you don't really want to burn any parachutes this soon in the game. CCR is one of the pillars over RoF way and is a great dude. I'm sure he'll be one here in FC too after the great migration.

I dont think anyone is arguing that RoF is not going to go the way of the Red Baron 3D eventually but as is stands right now, RoF has things that FC just doesn't have. That could change in two weeks of course, and I welcome that. As it stands now, FC is kind of viewed as a novelty and can only offer the furball stuff-which is great for familiarizing yourself with the planes but doesn't have that immersion factor yet. I think all these have been mentioned before by others any way.

The problem is the two games overlap the same community and it's going to take flexibility from all parties to make it work.

Also, you haven't played RoF in a long time it seems. I offer an invitation to come to a Vintage Mission Sunday fly-in. You may get some ideas from the maps/missions they provide. Maybe some day down the road FC can have a Vintage Mission-Furball Sunday when RoF is no more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good evening all

i agree all are fair points, but let me tell you my side of this, sorry its a bit of a long story.

i got hooked on IL2 the origenal one that have loads of addons, before il2 1946, only played single player as could not afford a head tracker, and could never get the hang of the thumb switch, so gave up, tried to get back in a few times bought a x65f hotas, combat rudder pedals and irtrack 5 pro , about 4 years ago. To my disappointment still could not get use to it so gave up on it again, about 2 years ago i heard IL2 supported VR so got a loan, i am still paying it off, to get a VR rig just to play flight sims.

i started playing IL2 ww2 but was getting slaughtered all the time as seems like everyone were aces in the sky and i was the turkey. i dont mind this but got boring after months and months. i have always preffered ww1 combat the most, so i got Flying Circus when it only had 2 planes, and one mp server but was instantly in love, but i hate playing against AI, and there was and still is not much else to Flying Circus and still is except multiplayer. Then my joystick broke and had to get a new hotas.

So i was miffed i had bought a game that was not there in any form except for quick battles against AI, as it was difficult is near impossable to get people together to play, i desides i wanted to fly miltiplayer, so started trying everything i could to find MP opponents. And oh boy, have i had some stick for it, mainly ROF players, so much so that threads have been closed in the past while discussing this very same thing.

Yes i dont make event in there usual term used on these forums, that is my fault, sorry but dont know what the technical name is, so i will explain what i tryed to do, all i have ever tried was to get people together who want to play Flying Circus. you are right i do not make , design or host a server or an event. For the to days i comunicate the meeting place of the Flying Circus Furball, the flying circus furball, is a nomadic fliying circus, i arange with the server owners, get permition to have the FCF the at those times, the advertise it, thats about it sound simple but believe you me it is a bit more complex that is sounds. anyone is more than welcome to take over the arranging of the FCF event(not sure what to call it now), aslong as they keep it going as Flying Circus starting from 19:00 GMT on a Sunday and do a good job of oganising/ advertising it. really dont need the hassel, all i want to do is fly with and against people in Flying Circus.

CubanCoveRunner no offence ment mate but i dont know who you are, just see a forum post saying i should basicaly reach out to you two who run a ROF event, so i can change the times of the FCF event, so hopefully you can understand my responce, i am not trying to tick anyone off all i want to do is fly FC MP, if you would like to communicate shoot me a pm, so we can arrange a time to disscuss this in voice chat, ive got discord and team speak, may have to set up my mic for teamspeak though so discord is preferable.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@GCF, I don't think you owe anyone an apology or explanation. You're extremely passionate about FC and if VR is the one thing that got you over the threshold to fly these old crates, then I'm even more happy that we got a full-on port to the BoX engine, rather than just an update of RoF or continued development through a mod-team. I'd much rather see your enthusiasm than hear complaints of RoF veterans about FC existing in the first place and how it is a betrayal to "their" RoF.

Please also understand that if many of the RoF veterans here feel that RoF is very much "their" game, it's because it objectively is. Development ended in 2014, and while there is no way for us to access the source code and fix longstanding bugs, the game's multiplayer longevity has been greatly increased through talented mission builders and dedicated players/squadrons who have come up with daily fast dogfight maps (NFF, WarGrounds), regular campaigns (Bloody April, Flanders in Flames) and perhaps most important of all: the weekly Vintage Mission (originally hosted by The Syndicate, now by @CubanCoveRunner). These are the people who have kept this game alive, if only by a thread at times.

Now I agree that it's time to move on and look to the future. However, this is exactly what Flying Circus is: the future. Like it or not, RoF is still very much a relevant game and still worth getting into (if VR is not a necessity). It's even going through an actual revival with FC on the horizon. More important than that, I expect most of its regular players will (eventually) come over from RoF, when the time is ripe — and you are more or less an exception. A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

I realise that Sunday evening is a popular timeslot and that you really want to play FC. But for now, try to move your event, or hold two on the weekend. Friday, maybe? That way we can have a regular weekly event in both games, without having to spread out an already small community. I promise you, when it comes to FC, (dev) time is on your side. If there's one thing that WWI dogfights should have taught you by now, then it's that patience is key.

Edited by J5_Bender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Monday night (in the "colonies") both the US103 and JG1 host their own separate career/training night on RoF. We at the 103rd have done a few nights on FC. You might find an opportunity to have a "Thursday night fly-in"-type event on monday because the folks are there. Usually after the RoF Thursday fly-in we all head to FC anyway. 

That is, if folks are willing to do so. I personally welcome more opportunities to bust parachutes. 

Unfortunately that's pretty late for euro folks.

Absolutely no need to apologise for anything as J5 said.

You're not the only "turkey" in the ww2 skies either btw so don't feel alone !!

S!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

My guess is that the vast majority of people who once played RoF have moved on, and for a long time now.  I remember a couple years ago now, when I started branching out elsewhere, it was partially because the numbers were so small it was hard to find sufficient numbers to populate a server.  I can read stats, and it's pretty plain to see that server numbers have dropped off by an even larger factor since.  Since then, that community has (wisely) resorted to 2 or 3 weekly scheduled events, duration about 2 hours, where the few remaining RoF loyalists congregate with enough to flesh out a server.  From the looks of it, the multiplayer community in RoF amounts to no more than 30 dedicated players and a handful of comers and goers.  It's understandable that the small remaining number of RoF loyalists don't like to see their gaming dying out further still, but you all knew that was going to happen, and why should the demands of that long dying game, requiring life support for years now, dictate the direction of the new?

Now, while many no doubt find GCF's persistence a little irritating (and maybe a lot so), he desires to tap into those 2 weekend days where both Europeans and people in the Americas are most likely to be available for play, for the same reasons that the RoF community decided to capitalize on those same hours.  If people are deciding to play 'furball' in the event that he has organized, rather than come in to Cuban's more mission-oriented server, then so be it.  The small number of people who still wish to play RoF at those times shouldn't restrict GCF from also tapping into those same weekend hours when the most people are available.   If people who would otherwise be playing RoF decide to play Flying Circus instead, it's because they would rather be playing Flying Circus.  And, since most of you are interested in seeing Flying Circus grow, there might be a lot of potential FC players out there who would like to play during those times, don't own or aren't interested in playing RoF no matter what is going on over there, and don't have a scheduling conflict.

I'm not GCF's buddy, and I'm not trying to play his White Knight. In fact, reading most of his posts drive me nuts!   But after reading people's points of view, and thinking about it a bit, I think he should organize things as he wishes, and if it canabalizes the old RoF, so be it. 

Edited by SeaSerpent
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SeaSerpent said:

My guess is that the vast majority of people who once played RoF have moved on, and for a long time now.  I remember a couple years ago now, when I started branching out elsewhere, it was partially because the numbers were so small it was hard to find sufficient numbers to populate a server.  I can read stats, and it's pretty plain to see that server numbers have dropped off by an even larger factor since.  Since then, that community has (wisely) resorted to 2 or 3 weekly scheduled events, duration about 2 hours, where the few remaining RoF loyalists congregate with enough to flesh out a server.  From the looks of it, the multiplayer community in RoF amounts to no more than 30 dedicated players and a handful of comers and goers.  It's understandable that the small remaining number of RoF loyalists don't like to see their gaming dying out further still, but you all knew that was going to happen, and why should the demands of that long dying game, requiring life support for years now, dictate the direction of the new?

Now, while many no doubt find GCF's persistence a little irritating (and maybe a lot so), he desires to tap into those 2 weekend days where both Europeans and people in the Americas are most likely to be available for play, for the same reasons that the RoF community decided to capitalize on those same hours.  If people are deciding to play 'furball' in the event that he has organized, rather than come in to Cuban's more mission-oriented server, then so be it.  The small number of people who still wish to play RoF at those times shouldn't restrict GCF from also tapping into those same weekend hours when the most people are available.   If people who would otherwise be playing RoF decide to play Flying Circus instead, it's because they would rather be playing Flying Circus.  And, since most of you are interested in seeing Flying Circus grow, there might be a lot of potential FC players out there who would like to play during those times, don't own or aren't interested in playing RoF no matter what is going on over there, and don't have a scheduling conflict.

I'm not GCF's buddy, and I'm not trying to play his White Knight. In fact, reading most of his posts drive me nuts!   But after reading people's points of view, and thinking about it a bit, I think he should organize things as he wishes, and if it canabalizes the old RoF, so be it. 

+1

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 1:00 PM, whi5key123 said:

capture from sundays event

What a great vid!  What a great event!  :salute: to GCF and all involved. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

What a great vid!  What a great event!  :salute: to GCF and all involved. 

thank you, it means a lot to me. :salute:

A big thanks to all those who flew last night, it was great fun.

i still have a few more videos of the event to upload but takes time in 4k, should get time to upload a few more tonight.

thanks again

S!

paul

It's been a couple days that I see Jasta 5 FC WW1 Flugpark at the website il2.flying-barans.ru with a couple players once now and then but the server is not listed ingame. Is it a bug? Is the server down?

Is Flying Circus available in some early form? How are you chaps/ladies able to fly it?

Sounds a blast. 

Cheers

1 hour ago, Slap said:

Is Flying Circus available in some early form? How are you chaps/ladies able to fly it?

Sounds a blast. 

Cheers

It is a blast, and it is available in early form!

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/flying-circus/

Purchasing Vol 1 will allow you to fly the currently released planes in multiplayer and in single player quick mission, using whatever BoX WWII maps you have available, as the Arras sector WWI map is not yet released.

The planes released so far are the Sopwith Camel, Sopwith Dolphin, SPAD XIII, Fokker D.VII, Fokker D.VIIF, Fokker Dr.I and Pfalz D.IIIa. The SE5a and Albatros D.Va are likely close to release, with the Bristol F.2B, Halberstadt CL.II and Arras map following after the Bodenplatte map.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, J5_Bender said:

It is a blast, and it is available in early form!

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/flying-circus/

Purchasing Vol 1 will allow you to fly the currently released planes in multiplayer and in single player quick mission, using whatever BoX WWII maps you have available, as the Arras sector WWI map is not yet released.

The planes released so far are the Sopwith Camel, Sopwith Dolphin, SPAD XIII, Fokker D.VII, Fokker D.VIIF, Fokker Dr.I and Pfalz D.IIIa. The SE5a and Albatros D.Va are likely close to release, with the Bristol F.2B, Halberstadt CL.II and Arras map following after the Bodenplatte map.

Top man J5_Bender! Thx for info, will go have a look :)

I've been out of the flying loop for some years now...I've built a new PC recently (first micro/SFF build) and sorting out HOTAS etc. The thing that has hit me the most is that the WW2/1 flight sim genre is very much alive and kicking hard! What a pleasant surprise :) .

Thank you devs/mods and virtual aviators for all your fantastic work and efforts!

Tally Ho! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeaW0lf said:

It's been a couple days that I see Jasta 5 FC WW1 Flugpark at the website il2.flying-barans.ru with a couple players once now and then but the server is not listed ingame. Is it a bug? Is the server down?

as far as i know it is being used for training for Flanders fields ROF event, most of the week, but still up as a FC server for the sunday furball.

• Upvote 1

I have the IL2 Sturmovik and Battle of Stalingrad (BOS was on a special at16 quid!).

Is there likely to be any sales coming up on IL2 Flying Circus?

Cheers

I noticed a March sale on when I started IL2 BOS/Great Wars but not on IL2 site (?)

Please see Screen print pic: 

Capture 3.PNG

Won't be any FC sale likely anytime soon.

It's still in Early Access so technically hasn't even been released yet.

S!

I just realised we are in April....lol

Sorry about that...I really need to get out more... :)

1 minute ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Won't be any FC sale likely anytime soon.

It's still in Early Access so technically hasn't even been released yet.

S!

Thx Zoorapa_Fly. 

1 hour ago, GCF said:

as far as i know it is being used for training for Flanders fields ROF event, most of the week, but still up as a FC server for the sunday furball.

But do you see the server listed in the multiplayer list (dogfight)? Because I can't, but the barans website is listing the server. It now has zero players, but once now and then I see players in there, but no server when I start the game.

1 hour ago, Slap said:

I have the IL2 Sturmovik and Battle of Stalingrad (BOS was on a special at16 quid!).

Is there likely to be any sales coming up on IL2 Flying Circus?

Flying Circus is $70 now but will go up to $80 at release, which I believe will be by the end of the year (early access started mid-2018 and it is almost feature complete). There's actually a possibility to knock something extra off the price if you have a RoF promo code for having made a number of purchases in the RoF store over the years.

https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/52185-where-promo-code-flying-circus-early-access-hidden/

I'm not entirely sure if the promo is still valid, though — that is, of course, if you qualify for it.

Battle of Kuban was released in March 2018 and has had its first sale last month, so I'd expect a similar thing to happen for Flying Circus: that is, for it to go on 33% sale by late 2020, and 66% off by 2021.

So either buy now (slightly cheaper than in a few months) and join in the fun right away, or definitely wait till the price comes down.

1 hour ago, J5_Bender said:

Flying Circus is $70 now but will go up to $80 at release, which I believe will be by the end of the year (early access started mid-2018 and it is almost feature complete). There's actually a possibility to knock something extra off the price if you have a RoF promo code for having made a number of purchases in the RoF store over the years.

https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/52185-where-promo-code-flying-circus-early-access-hidden/

I'm not entirely sure if the promo is still valid, though — that is, of course, if you qualify for it.

Battle of Kuban was released in March 2018 and has had its first sale last month, so I'd expect a similar thing to happen for Flying Circus: that is, for it to go on 33% sale by late 2020, and 66% off by 2021.

So either buy now (slightly cheaper than in a few months) and join in the fun right away, or definitely wait till the price comes down.

Thanks for info JB, will look into it. 

Purchased FC. 

When I start IL2 Great battles exe I see BOS and FC icons(non-clickable) on splash screen and a bunch of  WW1 planes in my inventory. 

I presume I am on the right track/that's it?

As I only have IL2/BOS/FC, will I be able to join in on furball servers? 

Thx for help/patience

hi mate you got it, welcome to Flying Circus, i have an hour free if you want to have a fly around shoot me a pm

What server GCF, I'll give you a turn in your blue ufo. 😁

Edited by Uffz-Prien

lol thx GCF/chaps. 

Just need to sort out my stick and give her a go 

Tally Ho!

That sounds wrong sorry...lol

Flying Circus Furball

When : Sunday, the 21th April 2019

Time :  19:00 to 03:00  Greenwich Mean Time

20:00 to 04:00 UK Time

21:00 to 05:00  Central European Time

Second Round Start Time

Time :  00:00 to 03:00  Greenwich Mean Time

01:00 to 04:00 UK Time

02:00 to 05:00  Central European Time

Where : Jasta 5  Flying Circus Dogfight Server

Type : 7 Hour long, informal, mass dogfight (drop in & drop out anytime) Furball.

Entrance : Everyone welcome, just fly and have fun.

• Like 2