Jump to content
Riksen

II./JG52 emblem for carrer

Recommended Posts

I'll create one specifically for the II./JG52 with the following image as well:

 

180px-II-JG52-ins.svg.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first image is the Shield for JG52 not just II Gruppe. The Devil is 5./JG52 (III Gruppe).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SCG_BOO said:

The first image is the Shield for JG52 not just II Gruppe. The Devil is 5./JG52 (III Gruppe).

 

Yes, I know about the shield being the symbol of the JG52 in general but for the lack of a better symbol (I believe the II Gtuppe did not have one in specific for the gruppe but only for the individual Staffeln) I used the general one which is better than the Axe one that was there IMHO but again, I do not know if the axe was the correct historical one. There are conflicting sources showing the devil one being used for the I Gruppe (2 Staffel) and also the II gruppe symbol and commonly seen in historical pictures associated with the 5. Staffel of JG52 (which is Gruppe II and not III).

 

https://www.asisbiz.com/Luftwaffe/jg52.html

 

http://www.aircrewremembrancesociety.co.uk/styled-15/styled-17/styled-470/index.html

 

I'll research some more ...

 

Edited by SCG_Riksen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Riksen,

 

That´s better than the axe symbol. I was wondering about that already in the past. Not even the official JG 52 association has any symbol for II.Gruppe listed. See my post from June below.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

 

Yes, I know about the shield being the symbol of the JG52 in general but for the lack of a better symbol (I believe the II Gtuppe did not have one in specific for the gruppe but only for the individual Staffeln) I used the general one which is better than the Axe one that was there IMHO but again, I do not know if the axe was the correct historical one. There are conflicting sources showing the devil one being used for the I Gruppe (2 Staffel) and also the II gruppe symbol and commonly seen in historical pictures associated with the 5. Staffel of JG52 (which is Gruppe II and not III).

 

https://www.asisbiz.com/Luftwaffe/jg52.html

 

http://www.aircrewremembrancesociety.co.uk/styled-15/styled-17/styled-470/index.html

 

I'll research some more ...

 

Yup your are right - I types prior to coffee...never a good thing...II gruppe… (Dammit).

 

The Shield was, according to stuff I have, designed introduced in order to install a sense of Espirit d'corps amongst the various JG52 units by Major Hans Trubenbach around Late 1940 early 1941. As you say II gruppe had gone with individual staffle emblems (the cat, the red devil and the eagle (later snake) unlike I and III gruppes that had gruppe emblems and staffle emblems.  

 

I think its use as you have it is the best for sure.

 

When it comes down to the red devil being a II gruppe though I very much doubt it. Its a staffle emblem. The only thing I could put that claim down to was a misinterpretation somewhere of the notion that gruppe emblems always took precedence over staffle emblems.

 

 

 

 

5 JG52.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info Boo. Very informative. I'll just stick to the sword symbol 😊

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should just ask Spektre about this, since he's created all the Luftwaffe unit symbols. I'm sure he'll tell you where the source for the axe symbol comes from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LukeFF said:

You should just ask Spektre about this, since he's created all the Luftwaffe unit symbols. I'm sure he'll tell you where the source for the axe symbol comes from. 

 

Good idea Luke. I'll do that ...

 

I'm also thinking about adding the following for immersion:

 

 

 


Sn3Veij.png
 

 

 

Hope @SCG_BOO will give me permission to include the skins in the mod.

 

 

Edited by SCG_Riksen
Forgot the spoiler for the image above
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SCG_Riksen said:

 

Hope @SCG_BOO will give me permission to include the skins in the mod.

 

 

Goes without saying 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this Mod @SCG_Riksen it has made my Career in II/JG 52 just that bit more "Real" as I had never seen the axe symbol in any (albeit limited) literature I had read on JG52.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:21 PM, SCG_Riksen said:

 

Good idea Luke. I'll do that ...

 

I'm also thinking about adding the following for immersion:

  

  Hide contents

 


Sn3Veij.png
 

 

 

Hope @SCG_BOO will give me permission to include the skins in the mod. 

 

 

Good evening SCG_Riksen ,

It's very interesting

It would be a good idea for the immersion to be able to make a mod that allows to assign a different SKIN to each AI pilot of the squadron for the duration of the pilot's career

I tried to do the same as you modify the SKIN file in the SCG folder but did not achieve it completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a working version that assigns random JG52 skins to the pilots of ur unit but im not home right now (in porcess of moving) so Ill only he able to post it here later next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you SCG_Riksen!! if it help you can find a lot information about Luftwaffe Emblems in a book call "Luftwaffe emblems 1939-1945 "  Barry Ketley 

 

 

Cheers!! :good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

I have a working version that assigns random JG52 skins to the pilots of ur unit but im not home right now (in porcess of moving) so Ill only he able to post it here later next week.

This is very interesting, especially if it can be extended to other squadrons like that of the JG3 and the JG 52 for which packs of SKINs are already available for the BF109F4 and BF109G2. for the Stalingrad and kuban campaigns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have BOM, BOH, BOK, and BOB installed, and now all the small icons on the gruppe selection screen for all units are screwed up (it's showing half shields and showing the wrong emblems, including russians for germans) when using this mod.

Presumably from 1C adding more units, which makes the offset locations in the old, smaller emblem master sheet no longer appear in the right places in game.
Can you update this?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, von_Michelstamm said:

I have BOM, BOH, BOK, and BOB installed, and now all the small icons on the gruppe selection screen for all units are screwed up (it's showing half shields and showing the wrong emblems, including russians for germans) when using this mod.

Presumably from 1C adding more units, which makes the offset locations in the old, smaller emblem master sheet no longer appear in the right places in game.
Can you update this?

 

As by the DD 222 announcement, maybe they fixed this II./JG52 issue. However it might make sense for Riksen to wait for the next official patch.

 

Quote

In the code, we have begun the long-awaited work on aircraft AI improvements: for instance, in the next update, we plan to release the improved formation logic. For Career mode, new squadron emblems, military ranks and awards for all three countries will be finished soon. 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I have the same issue as posted above. Can be seen on the maps as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry guys, I have been absent and not really flying at all lately. Anyways, when the new patch comes out, I'll take a look at the issue and fix the problem.

 

Thanks for reporting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2019 at 3:42 PM, SCG_Riksen said:

Sorry guys, I have been absent and not really flying at all lately. Anyways, when the new patch comes out, I'll take a look at the issue and fix the problem.

 

Thanks for reporting!

 

Riksen,

 

I fixed that for you. I hope you don´t mind. See attachment:

jg52.jpg

II.JG52 emblem_V2.zip

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Sevenless. I had completely forgotten about this lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, von_Michelstamm said:

@Riksen, any progress on building out different skins for the whole unit that you were talking about above?

 

Yes. I have them all done for the 109s excwpt the K4 which doest really matter since the career mode does not go that far. The skins are a courtesy of @9./JG52_BOO. I'll have the complete set uploaded this week ... 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 2:32 PM, von_Michelstamm said:

are you planning on actually coding it as a mod so that it assigns the skins automatically? Would love that!

 

Sorry von. My home is undergoing some renovations and my computer is not accessible at the moment ... I'm gonna have to delay this for a bit but I'll get to it by next month and yes I hope to get the skins assigned automatically to your squadmates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello ,

 

For assigns the skins automatically  at the wingmens, see my post

 

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by MarcoPegase44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

it seems that with the new patch 3.201 out, the II. /JG52 badge is "broken again". Before the recent update, the updated version from sevenless worked perfect for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Moebelwagen said:

Hi,

 

it seems that with the new patch 3.201 out, the II. /JG52 badge is "broken again". Before the recent update, the updated version from sevenless worked perfect for me.

 

Yep I know. Maybe I can come up with a quickfix at the weekend. Maybe we´ll find an official solution. We´ll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... same procedure and same problem: with the new update out, the default  - and in my opinion wrong - unit badge has come up and sevenless' solution isn't working anymore.  BTW: is it only me, who thinks that the ingame II./JG52 badge is totally wrong. I've read some of books about this unit and never came across this black and white "battleaxe" badge we have in the game. II./JG52 is commonly associated with the "sword against black and red background" logo. 

Edited by Moebelwagen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moebelwagen said:

... same procedure and same problem: with the new update out, the default  - and in my opinion wrong - unit badge has come up and sevenless' solution isn't working anymore.  BTW: is it only me, who thinks that the ingame II./JG52 badge is totally wrong. I've read a lot of books about this unit and never came across this "shoe" badge we have in the game. II./JG52 is commonly associated withe the "sword against black and red background" logo. 

Now it's work again!! with v4.001

II.JG52 emblem_v4001.rar

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:03 AM, Oyster_KAI said:

Now it's work again!! with v4.001

II.JG52 emblem_v4001.rar 373.58 kB · 3 downloads

 

You may want to contact Sinisa Sestanovic. He is the author of the book "Emblems of the Jagdwaffe: A More Complete History". Which is the book I used as a reference in conjunction with many other references to make these emblems

And 'Shoe Emblem'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

 

You may want to contact Sinisa Sestanovic. He is the author of the book "Emblems of the Jagdwaffe: A More Complete History".

 

Thanks for mentioning your source. That is one crazy pricing for a book eh?

 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1439286450/ref=rdr_ext_tmb

 

However the pic with the Me 109 E1/E3 which carried that symbol in 1939/40 is freely accessible in the preview. Now at least I know where that strange symbol came from.

 

 

Source_hatchet_JG_52-book.jpg

Source_hatchet_JG_52.jpg

Edited by sevenless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the hatchet is actually historical? Humm interesting. We learn something new everyday. Anyways, it did not seem to be widely used right? I have the impression the sword one was more common ... At least based on the number of photos Ive seen but the sword one is actually a general symbol for the whole JG52 and not specific for any particulat Gruppe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... like sevenless said "...

 

On 11/21/2019 at 8:29 PM, sevenless said:

Now at least I know where that strange symbol came from

 

That's true! But we don't know, if this symbol was still used in later stages of the war. The Picture of the Bf-109 E1/E3 is from 1939/40. I doubt that this machine still flew in 1941 in the east. To my knowledge, some Luftwaffe units (Geschwader, Staffeln) didn't change their symbols throughout the war, whereas some units created and adopted new symbols and other emblems/symbols disappeared completely .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moebelwagen said:

... like sevenless said "...

 

 

That's true! But we don't know, if this symbol was still used in later stages of the war. The Picture of the Bf-109 E1/E3 is from 1939/40. I doubt that this machine still flew in 1941 in the east. To my knowledge, some Luftwaffe units (Geschwader, Staffeln) didn't change their symbols throughout the war, whereas some units created and adopted new symbols and other emblems/symbols disappeared completely .

 

As to that I can tell you that this symbol in question from 39/40 does not occur in any of the official JG 52 diaries, may they have been written by Bernd Barbas (https://www.bernd-barbas.de/jg52.html) in cooperation with the official JG 52 association (http://www.jg52.net/) or by any other author.

 

Further, if it would have been the "official" symbol, I bet you would have seen it on the command post sign here:

Steinhoff_Barkhorn_03_43.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...