LeLv30_Redwing

30th Fighter Squadron cinematic series (LeLv30)

Edited by LeLv30_Redwing
Not good enough video to show around
  • Like 3

If you liked Commando comics and Black Sheep Squadron tv-series back when you were a kid, this is probably for you. This is the first episode of upcoming mini-series about the fictional "30th Fighter Squadron" and their wild adventures in the WW2.

This is a bit different from your usual video shot from the cockpit and not necessarily for everyone, but give it a try 😉

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

6 hours ago, SCG_ErwinP said:

I can't imagine the work to create this video!!

Fantastic!

Thanks man, it did take "couple" of days to put it together 😁

awesome video, I really enjoyed it  hope to see more videos like this in the future.

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2019 at 6:51 PM, No.610_kmac31 said:

awesome video, I really enjoyed it  hope to see more videos like this in the future.

With the help of very talented community members, this is inteed going to happen. Because nobody ever reads the end credits, I want to thank these people again for their artistic and technical skills, which allowed me to create my own individual project and present their work in it.

ICDP: template for the P-47 has incredible details and it really shows in close-ups. Wonderful work. Looking forward for your P-38!
E69_Julian57: Tiger skin...again, just amazing details, that metallic glare...but we might also see something special in the next episode 😎
TWB/no.610/ACG_Sketch: without him nothing would have moved in the video. Imagine, I could just ask him to create shooting artillery, moving convoys etc. for my needs...respect!
KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82: when you hit the wall, you need somebody to encourage you to go through it...enter Kalle! Also great technical advices already but his real value is going show in the next one 🐯
LeLv30_Apina: constructive criticism at it's best. I hate you, this would have been ready like weeks earlier 😋

Edited by LeLv30_Redwing
typing ICDP, how hard can it be...
  • Like 1

Good stuff, I was rapt (get it?!). Just one thing (and I hate to nitpiack, trust me) but it's ICDP, not IDCP! Just for the 2nd instalment (which I await with baited breath!!).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raptorattacker said:

Good stuff, I was rapt (get it?!). Just one thing (and I hate to nitpiack, trust me) but it's ICDP, not IDCP! Just for the 2nd instalment (which I await with baited breath!!).

*slaps face, hard*

Thanks mate, I even went and checked the spelling before I wrote the end credits and now I see that I've managed to fail miserably not once but twice...

Google was my friend, thank you for your kind words!

14 minutes ago, LeLv30_Redwing said:

*slaps face, hard*

Absolutely NO problem mate. I know what an edit entails which is why I wouldn't be so sadistic as to suggest one in THIS episode!! ;):salute:

Guest deleted@103832

Awesome work and really proud to be part of it - - - - - -

21 minutes ago, StG77_HvB said:

Awesome work and really proud to be part of it - - - - - -

Same here (in an indirect sort of way!). Fantastic stuff, I LOVE it!

By the way @LeLv30_Redwing and @StG77_HvB , have a very Happy Christmas and don't go doing anything that I wouldn't do!!

123997368_WHEREdidyousayyouleftit.thumb.jpg.c3daa41373c58c4edd0c5bc7e214ec1a.jpg

• Like 1

awesome video,happy to have helped with some of my effects,really hope to see more vids like this one in the future.

I have stopped working on effects at the moment,and have started to do some missions,you can check them out on the single missions page, try the spitfire taxi to runway one, try first on auto pilot,if not wait till the sirens go before starting your engine,you may get a nasty surprise!

the spitfire is a real challenge to taxi.

your videos are Hollywood style really great to watch

• Like 1

For this Episode III,  there are half a dozen humans from all over the world doing voices...this is gonna be something special 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

UPDATED EPISODE II ( with audio, music and effects edited by Raptorattacker ) for your viewing pleasure. With Episode III coming out in two weeks (seriously, April 2020) decision was made to match this closer to the upcoming level of awesomeness, like half a dozen human actors from over the world, what you're about to see and hear on your home cinema.

IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED EPISODE I, do it first, "The Jug" is above this. Otherwise you gonna miss the experience with this series, these are supposed to be a little different from your typical F1-view videos. I tried again to make this video portray how beautiful our games IL-2 and Tank Crew actually are, we might sometimes forget it while concentrating purely on fighting, especially in the air (or at the forum).

I'd like to thank the following people, who's work was essential for this video:

Voices: StG77_HvB and KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82. Kalle's work is just starting while HvB carried the burden with the speech in this one. Huge, huge thanks, you had great dedication and patience with me and the project and as I told you, it's only gonna get worse!

Skins: BOO, E69_julian57, Raptorattacker, szelljr. Such beautiful aircrafts, all skins you make for A-20's will be put into use! As for the tanks, we gonna need a lot more skins for them on episode III. Spoiler alert...life expectancy is not long for some of them...well, for most of them. E69_julian57, I'm buying everything you're selling :)

Effects: meplanes1969 has modded flames and smoke, highly appreciated and used a lot. [DBS]Tx_Tipmade that gorgeous box formation-group with mission editor. We shall see more of that, I'll promise you!

Audio engineering: Mr.Raptorattacker....what can I say, you're a genius and lucky for me, very patient.

VOICE ACTORS NEEDED: If you want to participate in this project, I have all kinds of roles for you from only few words to bigger parts (wingmen etc.) in future episodes. Send me a message and I'll tell you more.

Enjoy, it took me a couple days to make.....and couple more for me and Rap to edit, phew....

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Pretty much THE best use of imagination, the game and it's assets, some patience and endurance and a gathering of various members of the Forum that I've seen so far... EVER!!

Well bloody DONE @LeLv30_Redwing mate!!!

Rap

:popcorm:

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Love the videos! 

The team has put together 30 mins of joy for you then 🙂

• Upvote 1

Episode II really is a remarkable film, combining all the best the series has to offer, thank you very much, really appreciated.:drinks:

Looking forward to more of your work.;)

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Here we go, with a little help from my friends; Episode III "The Tiger".

This Episode III with human voices and acting, was put together by a team from multiple countries and their performance is just stunning and unique within IL-2 video scene.

The Team (in order of appearence):

StG77_HvB
LeLv30_Raptorattacker
KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82
1PL-Husar-1Esk
1PL-Banzai
=LG=Coldman
KG_S_Denis73
JG1_Barton
SCG_Faerber

Thanks go to;

@E69_julian57(all tank skins)
@Jade_Monkey(JU-88 skin)
LeLv30_Raptorattacker; all audio engineering and P-47 modifications i.e trying to fix my original s**** skin
@rowdyb00t(cloud mod)
@meplanes1969 (flames and explosions mod)
LeLv30_Allu and LeLv30_Apina (stunt pilots)

Edited by LeLv30_Redwing
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, LeLv30_Redwing said:

Here we go, with a little help from my friends; Episode III "The Tiger".

That was awesome!!! Great vid guys! 👍

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rowdyb00t said:

That was awesome!!! Great vid guys! 👍

Thanks for the clouds @rowdyb00t, I have to study them a bit more, so we can get the absolute best out of them!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LeLv30_Redwing said:

Thanks for the clouds @rowdyb00t, I have to study them a bit more, so we can get the absolute best out of them!

You bet! I’m actually going to release a new version 12 tonight when I get home. It will be one with grey overcast mixed in and one without. Also added have a VR version that is easier on FPS, and a 2k and 4k cloud map option that makes the clouds much nicer for 2D users.  Finally I’m adding a cumulonimbus option to add to the version as well, with clouds soaring up to 31,000ft. :)  If you have any questions when building missions let me know I can tell you about them without having to investigate. 

• Like 2

Nicely done. One minor thing, though. Very minor. Change the letters on the sides of the Jugs to numbers. The 12th Air Force didn't use letter codes to identify their units. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Poochnboo said:

Nicely done. One minor thing, though. Very minor. Change the letters on the sides of the Jugs to numbers. The 12th Air Force didn't use letter codes to identify their units. 

Thats right.

Still, they had also no finnish squadron ;)

A little artistic freedom I guess.

Best Greetings

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rowdyb00t said:

You bet! I’m actually going to release a new version 12 tonight when I get home. It will be one with grey overcast mixed in and one without. Also added have a VR version that is easier on FPS, and a 2k and 4k cloud map option that makes the clouds much nicer for 2D users.  Finally I’m adding a cumulonimbus option to add to the version as well, with clouds soaring up to 31,000ft. :)  If you have any questions when building missions let me know I can tell you about them without having to investigate. 

We are redoing the audio for the first episode next, replacing AI voices with the voices of the team. After that the world is going to explode with Episode IV and you can bet that's not happening without your clouds 😉

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 4:03 AM, Poochnboo said:

I have a disclaimer on Youtube stating;

"Names, characters, places, events, and incidents are products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental."

Even the 30th Fighter Squadron is just a translation of Lentolaivue 30 in Finnish...we're not going to go as low as The Fury did with realism but we sure ain't aiming to be a documentary either...

• Like 1

Yeah....like I said, a minor thing. I realize that this is all just for fun. And after all, as your icon states....you ARE from funland! Good video.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great ! The best il2 based videos I’ve ever seen 

• Like 4

On 5/13/2020 at 9:02 PM, tribal50 said:

Great ! The best il2 based videos I’ve ever seen 

100% agree, I just watched it again and it keeps getting better! Loved it!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wanganui_Wildcat said:

100% agree, I just watched it again and it keeps getting better! Loved it!

Me and Rap noticed the same thing, I guess because it's a "story" you kind of have to digest a bit to get everything out of it. Like in Part I with the burning planes, I really tried to get some human motions in it...and I think Rap captured the moment beautifully, when he realised what he'd done...

Posted (edited)

Thanks to everyone who worked on these videos!

Edited by =HH=Pauk
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, =HH=Pauk said:

Thanks to everyone who worked on these videos!

Thank you Pauk, appreciate your words very much and love your amazing videos!

• Thanks 1