Jason_Williams

American and British Voice "Actors" Needed ASAP!!

Guys,

Make sure you use the new updated Spotter list I posted and not the old list. Someone turned a set in using the wrong list. Use the updated list I posted the other day, not the original one.

Update 7/1/19 - Ok I have two strong British recordings done. If you are also doing one go ahead and complete and send anyways. Doesn't hurt to have a couple extra. Maybe we can use. I have one American set, but he used the wrong list. If you are doing an American Spotter set please continue and turn in as soon as possible.

Jason

Posted (edited)

I finished voicework and sent Jason a link, I just used my normal voice the accent was to inconsistent and I wanted to Represent my state (Ohio) hopefully its good enough and I did not screw anything up if I did I will be happy to fix it.

Edited by Gamington
Updating for jason.

I know I'm late to the party, but only now hearing about this. However, in case you need more VO in the future. I've provided VO for other games and related projects. Everything is professionally recorded in my home studio. Samples and demo reels can be found here. https://soundcloud.com/sidestrafe

My native accent is General American with the ability to provide various Southern dialects and British RP.

Kind regards.

Does anyone have the actual script? The lines that are spoken? I want to work on French voice pack but dont want to sit there and listen to each one and write it down. If everything was already written down it would be much easier. 

I already deleted it. PM Jason and let him know your intentions. I'm pretty sure he'll accomodate you but not sure it will make it into the game. Plus all the callsigns would need to be modified.

@buck1ea - Regarding French-speaking pilots, I read this literally yesterday - hence the precise recall.

I don't know if there were any independant French Airforce units operating on the Rhineland map, but very many Francophone pilots still served within RAF commands, whether French, French Colonial, Wallonian or Quebecois. May I suggest keeping all tecnical terms in French accented English, and all sentence structure in French?

Price, A. Spitfire - A Complete Fighting History (1991) p. 237

image.thumb.png.396eb3213cf0f0d5b77219a3cfdb4d00.png

"RAF French" in this instance would be like a reversal of modern English; where there roots are clearly Germanic, but most of the sophisticated words are of French origin.

French accent is good?

If you need a French native speaker which can speak English with French or Texan accent, I’m your man

La horse and la milk

😁

• Like 1