Han

Game version 3.002 discussion: Game Functionality Update

One detail I have also seen in the capmpaign of Moscow is that later in the campaign the German gither does less and less often go into the Soviet territory to give chase or intercept aircrafts, did other make the same observation?! :salute:

3 minutes ago, senseispcc said:

One detail I have also seen in the capmpaign of Moscow is that later in the campaign the German gither does less and less often go into the Soviet territory to give chase or intercept aircrafts, did other make the same observation?! :salute:

Feelings

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, senseispcc said:

You are right and it is why the Spitfire Mk V did get obsolete so fast in the west, facing FW 190 at medium to high altitudes in air battles where the Spitfire defended bombers against intercepting FW190 how did use their speed they could do Nothing and suffered heavy loses until the Spitfire MK IX did replace them in the fights.

But I did also read the memoirs of Yakovlev the constructor/designer of the Yak fighters how said that the Fw190 became heavier and heavier with the passage of time when most of the Soviet fighter aircrafts became lighter for the same characteristics. Was he right? I do not know but maybe?

One last remarq in this case the game is spot on and did not miss the caracter of this two  plane of legend. Thanks for the video. :salute:

You are welcome sir!

By the way I didn't do the video but I agree with everything said in it so I thought I'd share it to illustrate my point. :)

5 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Are you trying to illustrate my point or what?

Nobody cares about what you might think, what matters is the facts.

The hispanos had an actual better velocity and the actual power of the shells is very similar in game.

There are no nerfs, only changes made to make the planes in game reflect the performance of the actual planes I couldn't explain everything in detail but maybe someone more patient than me could.

For some facts check this vid : 

I dont understand what you say, but is this your proof? That Hispanos are underpowered? How about all the other guestions i made Hauggy, you dont want to ansver. and one more did you accept the corrections they did to 190? And one more, so is it that because nobody cares what i think, i should not write in this forum or are you just trying to make me angry? Last one :) does it matter what you think?

I did watch your video, nice video thx. I would say that the issue with the 151/20 is very much most noticeably when one shoot from enemys direct 6. If that would be little bit more like i feel it should be i would not complaint. And couple other things. Thats it, but you are hinting that i and some imaginary luftwhiners gang is a part of a cancer that are polluting the game-forum-world. If i understood you right.

Edited by VesseL
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, VesseL said:

If that would be little bit more like i feel it should be i would not complaint.

This

5 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

This

Is what makes you sooooo mad ? :lol:

You know you could use this game and forum for learning some patience and manners. And anger management. I do, and also to learn some english. This game rocks.

And btw i think the 109g2 feels by far the most realistic plane i have flown in game. It really feels like a real plane with the mass, and the controls feel right, but its relative strength is not what i have read on some aspects. I cant proof anything but you cant either. For some things there just are not any proofs, then the best proof is anecdotal evidence.

Also if someone have used some plane for long time lets say from 2001 and have flown some thousands of hours with it, he or she knows something how it feels to fly that AC in a simulation. Not me but many that feel the same as I. LA-5 feels like there is no weight at all when you roll. In fact its so slippery to roll, that its hard to shoot accurately. I cant say is it realistic, but it doesnt feel so. Now take a deep breath, and ignore me, please.:P

7 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

- Aircraft modifications are lockable by a multiplayer server hoster;

Does that in any way fix the having to select a plane twice in multiplayer to get access to plane modifications?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Leon_Portier said:

Nice stuff, I wonder what the static object damage does.

Damage values in the editor not correctly affecting the amount of damage certain static objects can take.

1 hour ago, -DFA-Retrofly said:

Does that in any way fix the having to select a plane twice in multiplayer to get access to plane modifications?

Well, selecting Twice no longer Works. Wether it's a fix or not, you be the Judge. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sneaksie said:

3.002с hotfix has been released:
- Player names correctly appear in the kill messages in the multiplayer chat;
- Certain symbols in the mission or server description won't cause the GUI to display an empty screen;
- Camera settings save correctly;
- The map automatically centers in the server lobby;
- Radio command menu functions correctly after a mission start on the ground;
- AI Fw 190 correctly take off in large groups;
- Clouds are visible in the rearview mirror during Winter;
- Static objects damage has been fixed;
- A rare crash that could happen during the mission closing has been fixed.

Does this mean the multiplayer problem of all modifications/skins being locked as fixed? Before this patch you still had to switch bases before selecting planes every single time.

Edited by Windmills

Good 3.002c 
Thanks for your effort!!!
Some little but important bugs has been fixed.
Now I can't wait to fly the new
Mk.IX ang G14 in Bobp:rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Player names are still bugged

Is it possible that this is a server side fix and that the server you are playing on has not updated yet?

2 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

It works again for me in SP as well. Thanks guys.:salute:

• Like 1

Same trouble here with the load out options in multi-player. Have tried all the tricks to get the mods to reload but to no avail. Some mods like the siren and armored canopy for Stuka are available, but there is no ability to select any of the weapon options that I've found so far. Tried several planes and two different servers.

32 minutes ago, chiliwilly said:

Same trouble here with the load out options in multi-player. Have tried all the tricks to get the mods to reload but to no avail. Some mods like the siren and armored canopy for Stuka are available, but there is no ability to select any of the weapon options that I've found so far. Tried several planes and two different servers.

It's locked by server hoster by his idea of mission story. So this lock is optional for server master.

Please fix the GPS-always-working exploit in MP. On TAW, you never know if a person is using it or not. It would be a minor thing, but very important in my humble opinion. If you need to know details, please PM me (only moderators or developers please, I won't respond to players on the matter).

Spasibo bolshoe for consideration, and keep on rocking ;)

best regards Fenris

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Windmills said:

Does this mean the multiplayer problem of all modifications/skins being locked as fixed? Before this patch you still had to switch bases before selecting planes every single time.

Yes, it should be.

Looks like the issue described here 

wasn't fixed. I just tried a mission with hangararc with durability 50000. It was possible to destroy it with 20 mm guns. Took two passes.

1 hour ago, Han said:

Yes, it should be.

It's not working for me, or there's something I don't understand correctly on the setup. See the images attached. All mods and payloads should be available, but they are not.

In the SDS file I have payloads restricted. Mods, fuel and skins are unrestricted.

payloads.JPG

game.png

I just tested a created mission with C hotfix and the mods works as it should.

Didn't test an old mision yet.

9 minutes ago, LF_ManuV said:

I just tested a created mission with C hotfix and the mods works as it should.

Didn't test an old mision yet.

Was that single player, multiplayer, dogfight, coop, in-game, dserver?

Just now, coconut said:

Was that single player, multiplayer, dogfight, coop, in-game, dserver?

Simple cooperative mission I just created. He111. Nothing locked on the loadout screen nor in the server settings. Don'k now if Dserver may have an impact on this as I hosted on my machine

Edited by LF_ManuV

18 minutes ago, coconut said:

It's not working for me, or there's something I don't understand correctly on the setup. See the images attached. All mods and payloads should be available, but they are not.

In the SDS file I have payloads restricted. Mods, fuel and skins are unrestricted.

Two thoughts:

- You have payloads restricted (lockPayloads=1) but you specified 0..999 in Available Payloads, which, presumably, allows players to pick any payload. What happens if you set lockPayloads=0?

- Is 0..999 valid for Available Payloads? What if you specify 0..16, as 16 is the last valid payload ID for the G-2?

I tried WoL earlier and could not choose any loadout I wanted and only the first skin. However, in Berloga, I could choose any skin/loadout, without resorting to the workaround of picking the plane a second time.

Edited by JimTM

Just to clarify, I want to run with locked payloads. This particular plane just happened to have all payloads available because its airfield was fully supplied. But there are situations when the filter will actually be restrictive and block certain payloads with bombs. 

9 minutes ago, LF_ManuV said:

Simple cooperative mission I just created. He111. Nothing locked on the loadout screen nor in the server settings. Don'k now if Dserver may have an impact on this as I hosted on my machine

Ok, but that’s a different case. You want all payloads available, whereas I don’t. 

Edited by coconut

12 minutes ago, coconut said:

Just to clarify, I want to run with locked payloads. This particular plane just happened to have all payloads available because its airfield was fully supplied. But there are situations when the filter will actually be restrictive and block certain payloads with bombs. 

Ok, but that’s a different case. You want all payloads available, whereas I don’t. 

Sorry! I thought I was of use.

Hope this gets fixed if it's an issue

6 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

- Certain symbols in the mission or server description won't cause the GUI to display an empty screen;

Thanks! 

Havent tested yet but it sounds like this should fix all my SP missions not showing up and also having the FW190 take off correctly in the butcher campaign. :salute:

Thanks Sneaksie.

"- Aircraft modifications are lockable by a multiplayer server hoster;"

Weaponry and Payloads on Dedicated Server now work when correct plane settings are used and Lock Payloads and Lock Weapon Mods are Unchecked within Dserver Dialog GUI.

• Thanks 1

Hotfix download hits aprox. 80% and just stops. Same issue I had with the original download. Anyone else have this issue, if so, what did you do to fix the hotfix?

8 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

Wowzers, I didn’t even see this till now...  thanks, will try it out tomorrow morning :)

Great work gents . Thank you . 

10 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

With this hotfix. kill messages of MP dont show players name...only with aircraft name instead.

MP kill results wont count now....so buggy...