Fang333333

The Future Of Il-2 Stalingrad?

I love this sim and it fits my needs perfectly (graphically, flight model, performance, etc) I am just curious to know what the future will hold for this. I realize this is a sim focused on the eastern front but I wonder if we will see any further campaigns elseswhere. Pacific, Germany, where ever? I also wonder if we will see any expansions for tank missions and ground campaigns? Or even if there are plans for further expansions like Kuban. I for one would really like to see this series continue in the format its in, keeping expansions within one launch screen.

I have not run out of things to do in the sim, and I know we have a new campaign/career mode to be launched soon. I just am curious if there are currently plans for even more.

If our plan is successful, our engine and product line will evolve into one of the biggest and best combat sim series ever.

Our long-term vision includes the following battles, but not necessarily in this order and final selection is not concrete.

Battle of Kuban

Battle of Midway

Battle of Okinawa

Battle of ??????

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/25072-announcing-battle-kuban-and-development-plan/

And i still hope after Pacific coming back to europe for REICHSVERTEIDIGUNG 44/45 OVER GERMANY

• Upvote 2

Some surprises might happen in that 3 years time. Pacific of course but also maybe hopefully lite editions. You never know . :)

No carbs.

Sugar free.

Less fattening.

Less filling?

No carbs.

Sugar free.

Less fattening.

Confirmed

lite
līt/
adjective

1. 1.
    relating to low-fat or low-sugar versions of manufactured food or drink products.
    "lite beer"
    •  

noun

1. 1.
    beer with relatively few calories.

Exactly, lite edition is mysterious, it has no fat and its like a dream, at the moment. :)

oh no! - its not going to be promoted by some irritating woman who bumps into to stuff, smears yoghurt on her nose and laughts with the beleivability of joni mitcjell in "big Yellow Taxi" is it???

Exactly, lite edition is mysterious, it has no fat and its like a dream, at the moment. :)

Tell that to all the people who accidentally bought it off third party sites. They'd probably say it's more like a nightmare  ;)

I think the next edition should be IL-2: Battle of the Moon, with a campaign based on Iron Sky... 

• Upvote 2

seriously, if someone is wondering. Lite edition is nothing but a dream of some extra maps with 1 or 2 planes with the map. Filling the empty spots.

And it would be huge surprise if it will ever happen.

Edited by VesseL

Less filling?

Tastes great!!!

Where's Dick Butkus and Bubba Smith when you need them?

Edited by Rjel

Hier spricht das Siegfried-Flottenflagschiff Tannhäuser!

(Sorry for that :P , I couldn't resist)

Back to work...

Still hoping for Expansions around Leningrad and Murmansk. A Murmansk and Odessa were in development by an independent Party, but as of now I don't know what their status is. 

A Po-2 is also under development independently. 

I still want to see more early war stuff, Ju-87Bs and Rs, earlier iterations of the Yak-1 and LaGG-3, maybe even MiG-3. These would only have to be Sub-Theatres. 

A Finnland Map would probably be the coolest though. 

Or Burma Theatre, Flying Tiger P-40s and Ki-43s. 

I just hope they don't go the Western Front Route. It's only inviting trouble by bringing in the worst kinds of Fanboys and it's gonna be utterly uninteresting for anyone but the Fighters. The Western Front would just result in a massive, boring Fighter Circlejerk around B-17 AIs, all around Airspawns at 7000m. Basically War Thunder. 

Though: I can see the Battle of France as being Interesting, around the Ardennes, Bodenplatte around Bastogne, Air Action over Arnhem and even Dunkirk. All of that could fit in one Map. 

And the ATAG Guys are working on the Med for all those who want it. 

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann
  • Upvote 1

What on earth is an IL2 'lite edition?'

In another thread I was talking about the possibility of a couple of Collector Planes or third party efforts that could use otherwise existing planesets to fill them out a bit. For example say the third party Odessa map were to be finished. You could release a few aircraft around it like the I-153, Su-2, SB-2 or even IAR80 that would fit that scenario but you can also use most or all of the Moscow planeset too. A pair of Collector Planes and a map and suddenly you have some more scenarios to work with.

Just a musing more than an idea. Might never happen.

• Upvote 2

Western Front? That includes France, Belgium, Italy as well. Aircrafts of 1943 - 1945 as well. Lots of Americans who'd be into that game. Heard everywhere they stick to WT because of "the red white blue".

Western Front? That includes France, Belgium, Italy as well. Aircrafts of 1943 - 1945 as well. Lots of Americans who'd be into that game. Heard everywhere they stick to WT because of "the red white blue".

I'm just as American as Halloween and Jesus and I love playing over the eastern front. I grew up with American planes so I've been pretty bored with them. I've enjoyed learning about the Soviet planes and found a new favourite in the MiG-3.

I'm just as American as Halloween and Jesus and I love playing over the eastern front. I grew up with American planes so I've been pretty bored with them. I've enjoyed learning about the Soviet planes and found a new favourite in the MiG-3.

Well, you are a rare breed then. 

• Upvote 2

I fly 'em all too Klaus.

Be careful with the broad brush of yours.

I fly 'em all too Klaus.

Be careful with the broad brush of yours.

It's become shameful to admit you like that Mustang because of the "of course you like it, you're an AMERICAN thing.

In other words insinuating that you're too ignorant to like anything else.

I'll admit...it happens.

I'll also admit a good portion of Americans, even those who think they know about WWII couldn't pull the name of a single Russian fighter out of their arse if their life was on the line.

I'm American, and that's just a fact.

I love the Mustang...there are also aircraft I love just as much...like the Zeke.

Exactly.

Every combatant nation that built aircraft in WW2 has at least one aircraft that I like, or find very interesting at least.

Indeed, but you and I are an exception to the rule. Most Americans actually dont go to other games because there is no heavy American presence in them. The Western front 1943-45 is where you would grab a LOT of American players. The Pacific will achieve a similar effect but not as much as the Western front would. I still prefer the Pacific choice at this point but would really like a Western expansion at some point, starting in the Mediterranean with P47 and P51 razerbacks and MC.202s and 205s

Would like to see New Guinea, New Brittain and the Philippines along with all the land and naval action that took place up through early 1945 in the South West Pacific.  This would be a nice change of pace.  

Example Return back Crimea 1941 a reedition before Il2BOS 2nd Remasterd afther BoMid & BoAfrica , BoMediterrania 1943 .

Edited by RAY-EU

Don't know if there would be spare capacity for a couple of maps and or / aircraft, but one of the the addition paid modules that uses current aircraft list might be:

- South Moscow (Tula)

- North Moscow (Demyansk)

- Smolensk

- Kiev

- Orel

- Belgorod / Kharkov

- Volkov

In terms of aircraft, combinations of popular but relevant might be:

-  I-153 / Hs-123

- Tu SB / Fw-189

- Yak-9 / IAR-81

Obviously any of these is a lot of work, but if there were any interest in adding content to the EF these would be obvious choices and likely prove popular. Suspect that resources / revenue calculations would not work given small size of team.

I'm just sad we don't get Leningrad(

Consider yourself a minority in that department.

• Upvote 2

Things I would love are New Guinea/Solomons after Midway and also battle of Italy at some later point. This would also fit the scheme of the game.

Late war german expension doesn't interest me. In Il-2 46 all late war maps turned into clownshows somehow. Midwar was usually the most balanced and interesting setup.

So yeah, we will head for pacific for now, most likely Midway first and we will see whats next then. The team wanted to do Okinawa but most people in the forums are against it. I've got no problem with Okinawa but hope that it will be the third pacific expansion instead of the second (too large of a gap in timeline and missing out the interesting 1943 scenarios).

Edited by 216th_Jordan
  • Upvote 2