Jump to content
SYN_Haashashin

Friday Night Bomber Flight Topic

Recommended Posts

@ Tip & DBS Squad :

First , thanks a lot for your invitation, we appreciated a lot.

 

We have some other pilots who will be glad to participate also, I hope it could happen next Fridays.

 

 

@  Happy : Thanks for the screenshots !

 

P.S.

It was our first real international flight, with coms in english so we have to work that a bit...

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ II/JG11ATLAN

 

Do you guys have the Mk.108 cannon on your 109Gs? The Il-2s are getting torn apart which didn't happen before 3.001. Don't know if it's the cannon or a change in damage modelling.

Cheers.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mainly the MK108 and think also changes to the damage model wings rips off much more often than before i have to ask the devs by the way i like it

Only imagine the firepower of a ME 262 with 4x Mk108 for Bodenplatte 

Edited by II/JG11ATLAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st attack on arty position at Severskaya. While Stukas are already pounding the gun emplacements, Henschels move in from the south.

2018_4_7__6_12_14.jpg

2018_4_7__6_16_27.jpg

2018_4_7__6_20_4.jpg

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, II/JG11ATLAN said:

Mainly the MK108 and think also changes to the damage model wings rips off much more often than before i habe to ask the devs by the way i like it

Only image the firepower if a ME 262 with 4x Mk108 for Bodenplatte 

 

Thanks Atlan. Needless to say we don't like it! :o: The Mk108 isn't really very historical for most of Kuban either; it wasn't introduced until the Autumn of 43.

As for the Me262 that and the Tempest, and maybe the P-38, are the only aircraft I'm really looking forward to in Bodenplatte. Going to be able to do some serious damage to things with the 'Schwalbe'!  Cheers.

Edited by 216th_Cat
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 216th_Cat said:

 

Thanks Atlan. Needless to say we don't like it! :o: The Mk108 isn't really very historical for most of Kuban either; it wasn't introduced until the Autumn of 43.

As for the Me262 that and the Tempest, and maybe the P-38, are the only aircraft I'm really looking forward to in Bodenplatte. Going to be able to do some serious damage to things with the 'Schwalbe'!  Cheers.

hi cat

from yr  red side Point of view i understand that. but sorry i´m on the dark side of the force. nevertheless cu and cheers,

by the way i just look outside spring is coming, have a nice day:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A hard but well-fought evening for the La-5FN pair. Being only two and going into the heart of Germany's ground concentrations, we knew this wouldn't be a walk in the park, and that proved true.

 

During our first mission, a pair of Bf-109G-6s attacked the Il-2s, followed by a group of Fw-190As. We got on it too late, and two of our three hunchbacks went down in flames, together with one La-5. Pod and I made it back to base, armed with intel and a desire for revenge.

 

The second time around we came in smarter, but the Messers were hellbent on causing trouble. Again they attacked, and again we put our best effort to protect the bread and butter of the Red Army's air arm. We quickly lost one Il-2 to enemy fire, and found ourselves tangling with a very large group of Bf-109s at low altitude. After sending two of them down and guaranteeing the safety of the Il-2s, we lost one La-5 to enemy fire, and the remaining one had to make a dash home.

 

Finally, we left our new toys at home and took off in our trusty P-39s to repeat the mission. We were met by a furious wall of anti-aircraft fire on both army positions (which had been wiped clean by the Il-2 group before) and the airfield (which was dead empty a few minutes prior to), which was surprising to say the least. I guess the Germany Army learned how to play Minecraft or something. For the first time the enemy fighters didn't disturb us, and we were surprised to hear a report of a trio of Ju-52s doing their landing roll-out in formation. Without hesitation, we dove onto them and unloaded all seven guns on them, severely damaging two which were left wrecked on the runway while a third one managed to escape by dispersing quickly. I wanted to make a second pass but for the second time this year an 88mm flak gunner had different plans and blew my tail clean. I bailed out safely, while Alex pressed on the attack and brought his Airacobra home.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny thing Lucas, during your second sortie i managed to sneak upon your low six and was patiently getting into shooting position.

 

As i was about a few seconds away from opening fire on your nr2 , i believe you received a help call from the Il-2, which made you both do a sudden break turn to the left and start diving right past me to the fighting.

 

Initially i thought you actually saw me, but after i realised that it was just a nasty coincidence, you really should've seen my face! :lol:

Edited by [TWB]Jizzo
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 216th_Lucas_From_Hell said:

I guess the Germany Army learned how to play Minecraft or something. For the first time the enemy fighters didn't disturb us, and we were surprised to hear a report of a trio of Ju-52s doing their landing roll-out in formation. Without hesitation, we dove onto them and unloaded all seven guns on them, severely damaging two which were left wrecked on the runway while a third one managed to escape by dispersing quickly.

 

You answered your own question Lucas.

Not Minecraft but the might of the Auntie -J. Who, prior to landing and recovering wounded, had dropped a healthy dose of resupply to that position. Resulting in 3 new AA positions opening up to protect the MediVac ops.

Would that I could fashion the same for VVS using the Russian equivalent of the venerable C-47.

A little inside baseball folks. Both sides have new AA coming online at times depending upon the strength of the position, how long flyers are over the target and what damage has been done to the target area. 

 

Excellent Mission all around...

Great pics and AARs.

Tip

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for explaining, Tip! :)

 

It's not that widely known, but the A-20 (namely the B variant we have) was actually used as a transport very often due to its speed. Could we perhaps use the A-20B for transport missions? It isn't as charming as a DC-3, but it gets the job done!

1 hour ago, [TWB]Jizzo said:

Funny thing Lucas, during your second sortie i managed to sneak upon your low six and was patiently getting into shooting position.

 

As i was about a few seconds away from opening fire on your nr2 , i believe you received a help call from the Il-2, which made you both do a sudden break turn to the left and start diving right past me to the fighting.

 

Initially i thought you actually saw me, but after i realised that it was just a nasty coincidence, you really should've seen my face! :lol:

 

We did see you, actually! Alex in particular had reported you were closing in, but I was just being a bit thick and thought you were further away until it became evident we would be in for a bad time unless we turned around and fought it out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple things.

First I screwed up with the mulligan time with when the mission started yesterday.

At the time in question was engaged with blowing things up.

So now there will be a HUD Message signaling that mulligan is over for everyone to see.

 

Secondly.

The attrition rate for several types of aircraft over the last few missions are unsustainable.

Tip

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 216th_Lucas_From_Hell said:

A hard but well-fought evening for the La-5FN pair. Being only two and going into the heart of Germany's ground concentrations, we knew this wouldn't be a walk in the park, and that proved true.

 

During our first mission, a pair of Bf-109G-6s attacked the Il-2s, followed by a group of Fw-190As. We got on it too late, and two of our three hunchbacks went down in flames, together with one La-5. Pod and I made it back to base, armed with intel and a desire for revenge.

 

The second time around we came in smarter, but the Messers were hellbent on causing trouble. Again they attacked, and again we put our best effort to protect the bread and butter of the Red Army's air arm. We quickly lost one Il-2 to enemy fire, and found ourselves tangling with a very large group of Bf-109s at low altitude. After sending two of them down and guaranteeing the safety of the Il-2s, we lost one La-5 to enemy fire, and the remaining one had to make a dash home.

 

Finally, we left our new toys at home and took off in our trusty P-39s to repeat the mission. We were met by a furious wall of anti-aircraft fire on both army positions (which had been wiped clean by the Il-2 group before) and the airfield (which was dead empty a few minutes prior to), which was surprising to say the least. I guess the Germany Army learned how to play Minecraft or something. For the first time the enemy fighters didn't disturb us, and we were surprised to hear a report of a trio of Ju-52s doing their landing roll-out in formation. Without hesitation, we dove onto them and unloaded all seven guns on them, severely damaging two which were left wrecked on the runway while a third one managed to escape by dispersing quickly. I wanted to make a second pass but for the second time this year an 88mm flak gunner had different plans and blew my tail clean. I bailed out safely, while Alex pressed on the attack and brought his Airacobra home.

I had a great fight sicssoring with one of you on the deck, that was until a tree damaged by engine at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, II/JG11ATLAN said:

by the way i like it

 

I can assure you we dont ;)

1 hour ago, [DBS]Tx_Tip said:

The attrition rate for several types of aircraft over the last few missions are unsustainable.

 

 

Due to the MK 108 efficiency I must apply for more IL 2´s. or  bigger number of escort slots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

 

I can assure you we dont ;)

 

Due to the MK 108 efficiency I must apply for more IL 2´s. or  bigger number of escort slots

has nothing to do with the 108, i do all my killing with the 131 and 151

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar
English is hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Asgar said:

has nothing to do with the 108, i do all my killing with teh 131 and 151

 

Crap are you saying I can´t blame the 108 :o:

 

To me you where all over the place, I figured since Pod got hammered no one was behind me. And you was :) . Well played, we must do it again next week 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, i'm sure we will. I'm sure we will *evil grin* ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if the Il-2 losses are not sustainable it's not surprising. They fall to bits at the slightest whiff of a 109 now. I haven't brought a damaged one home for a long time. Back on the Stalingrad map I survived more than twenty attacks from a couple of Messers, with them scoring hits each time, before the tail finally fell off.

 

Never mind, we'll be there for your target practice on Friday. ;)

Edited by 216th_Cat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 216th_Cat said:

Well if the Il-2 losses are not sustainable it's not surprising. They fall to bits at the slightest whiff of a 109 now. I haven't brought a damaged one home for a long time. Back on the Stalingrad map I survived more than twenty attacks from a couple of Messers, with them scoring hits each time, before the tail finally fell off.

 

Never mind, we'll be there for your target practice on Friday. ;)

mk 108 makes short work of il2s 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun times! We lost a few pilots from destroyed engines and even one from the subsequent lack of planes or perhaps a wrong choice of airfield with very very limited aircraft number.

Somehow only 3 of us made it to target without Germans being involved...our pilots require some training.

20180408091447_1.jpg

Approaching the target.

20180408091558_1.jpg

Early drop best drop^^

20180408091803_1.jpg

Flight leader got instantly recked by an 88 shell as soon as we were done dropping them eggs on the Fritzes.

20180408091948_1.jpg

Edited by Hauggy
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as i enjoy the MK108 myself, i think it should be unavailable till we actually arrive at the date, where it was historically.

 

And the MKVB should get access to the M45 engine, which actually was available at pretty much the entire kuban timeline, even though being on lower numbers.

 

Other than that i totally enjoyed the mission yet again and can't wait what the mastermind pulls out off his hat for next friday.

 

One thing i have to admit, when i dove to my demise i was unsure if the mulligan was still in effect, so i asked Tip and got the greenlight for it. 

 

But since Tip now mentions a screw up (no offense), it looks like i might have been accidently violating the mulligan on this mission and do apologize for that.

 

:salute:

Edited by [TWB]Jizzo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

funny thing is i was in the process of typing that the mulligan was over, since we talked about only having 3 minutes left to die 5 or 6 minutes earlier, when tips message appeared and confused all of us in the channel. so we decided that we must be wrong and tip must be right :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, =FEW=nightrise said:

I had a great fight sicssoring with one of you on the deck, that was until a tree damaged by engine at least. 

 

Ah, so that's what happened! I must admit that for another minute after that I was still sure you were alive and setting up a shot since I couldn't see you :biggrin: Great flying from your side, we were pulling every trick we had in the bag to stay alive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

216th_Nocke and 1.JaVA_KEBEN in the A-20 , nice flying Nocke  !

 

555555555555555.jpg

55555555555555.jpg

555555.jpg

55555555555.jpg

555555555.jpg

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The A-20 is such a beautiful bird. :blush:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i prefer them with one wing and the engines on fire :P

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DAIMLER BENZ Engines in

Bf109 G-6 Airplane.and in W124 Mercedes-Benz 220E Car; is all i need😁😎

Edited by II/JG11ATLAN
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 216th_Cat said:

Well if the Il-2 losses are not sustainable it's not surprising. They fall to bits at the slightest whiff of a 109 now. I haven't brought a damaged one home for a long time. Back on the Stalingrad map I survived more than twenty attacks from a couple of Messers, with them scoring hits each time, before the tail finally fell off.

 

Never mind, we'll be there for your target practice on Friday. ;)

 

Bringing home an attacker that have taken a hit!  what is this for black magic i hear! :) sound like fuel tank management and other forbidden Voodoo

 

Must say that the luftwaffe escort did a great job this FNBF,  stukas &129 stayed in to a holding pattern until the 109 declared that they had air suppority over the target,  we did then go in. As we stayed over the target for some minuts had the VVS time to sneak past the escort and getting some off us, but we could soon see 109 on the tail off the VVS that had prioritised  the ground attackers over the escort,  making it possible for most to return home unmolested ( and it gives the rest a warm fuzzy fealing knowing you will be avanged as you fall from the sky :)

 

SCG did never find a solution to bring back the ground attacker on TAW, as long as fighters can shoot down attackers on the first pass so is it impossible for the escort to stop them, they can only avange the lost attackers.   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we all know the limits of player in this server. If we have to work by this number of 22 each side. 

How can we survive?

We get 5 IL 2, up to 7 A 20´s . That is 12 attackers. Leaving 10 fighters to escort two groups of attackers and defend own resources. Witch is impossible. LW side set out to hunt IL 2 right away. Number of targets make them find us with in 10 minutes. 

Personally I think Red side and Blue side should be given a number of different planes, and sort out what to do themselves. When you sign on you simply sign on what side, then each side have a poll on what to fly , in order of what their HQ decide .  With the numbers available. There is in reality only room for one attack group , if we need to preserve resources

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Well we all know the limits of player in this server. If we have to work by this number of 22 each side. 

How can we survive?

We get 5 IL 2, up to 7 A 20´s . That is 12 attackers. Leaving 10 fighters to escort two groups of attackers and defend own resources. Witch is impossible. LW side set out to hunt IL 2 right away. Number of targets make them find us with in 10 minutes. 

Personally I think Red side and Blue side should be given a number of different planes, and sort out what to do themselves. When you sign on you simply sign on what side, then each side have a poll on what to fly , in order of what their HQ decide .  With the numbers available. There is in reality only room for one attack group , if we need to preserve resources

that will only lead to confusion, you just need go managment, we don't have anymore fighters than the VVS, yet we planned our sorties and timed them with our attackers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, [TWB]Jizzo said:

As much as i enjoy the MK108 myself, i think it should be unavailable till we actually arrive at the date, where it was historically.

 

And the MKVB should get access to the M45 engine, which actually was available at pretty much the entire kuban timeline, even though being on lower numbers.

 

 

At the end of the day this is Tip's gig, and im sure we are all grateful for the time and effort he puts in.

 

And as an Axis fighter jock, i have to admit Jizzo is right, for this time period (March43) we shouldn't have the MK108 for the G6. 

 

I don't mind either way, but for historical accuracy (if that is what we want?)

The VVS should have Il2 42's and only La5's (F) not FN, and Spits with the M45.

Axis should have A3 and A5 (with only inner cannons, i believe).

 

Great idea about the Mulligan message, we were only discussing this the other week.

 

As for hunting Il2's, everyone has a mission brief ( i see them as orders to follow) so this shouldn't happen.

 

Anyway, love the server, keep up the good work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally now i have to explain our point of view as II/JG11 Luftwaffe Fighter Group:

1.from the historical point of view we dont insist on MK108,  we dont need them, to fight, but than also on the other side we agreed and insist to the restriction of air planes on VVS Side as Schuck correctly mentioned.

2.Mulligan :good point from Tip to clarify this finally.

3.Attacking IL-2' s or any other VVS Aircraft;

as luftwaffe fighter pilots it is our duty to shoot down them nothing else.also the briefing said to maintain air superiority over the designated area.to set IL-2 under special protection is a yoke nothing else.to be clear.(also keep in mind may be change of damage models and weapons force)

But Tip is the man who create this wonderful event

FNBF and made it happen nearly every week.which we like very much and we are thankful about this.so it is about him to decide alone.

Lets come back to the joy we have had every friday

Cheers ,

on behalf of II/JG11

II/JG11ATLAN

 

Edited by II/JG11ATLAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never raised any suggestions on locking the mk108 , I really do not see that as a problem.  This is a war-game and I ask for a fair chance to survive. I won't get it by my suggestion here, I believe we find another solution. 

We do have several locked weapons, those left for us to use are rather not too effective, I guess the locks are there on the other side too. So we do not complain. I do not get this factory is bombed though, so we can't have this and that. Russians got their supply by train from behind Ural 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the solution would be the same as ours, better communications between your flights. the mission of march 30th, showed that the communications between the Germans was and is superior, we were outnumbered 2:1 and still dealt a great blow the the allies with barely enough fighters to cover anything (hence the 110 switched to escort duty after 1 1/2 succesfull ground attack runs) If your current tactic doesn't work, talk to the team and adapt. Use the resources that you have, check the objectives in the briefing and pick the most important goals you want to achieve. Fridays mission showed it quite impressively that there were some bad miscommunications on the VVS side. Yaks coming in way before the IL-2s and the IL-2s engaging ground targets even though their escorts were killed or had to retreat or IL-2s attack without any escorts, instead 2 fighters arriving in the AO 5 minutes after all IL-2s were shot down. Trust me, if you guys focus on improving your communications and teamwork it will pay off o7 that's just my 2 cents

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 6./ZG26_Asgar said:

I think the solution would be the same as ours, better communications between your flights. the mission of march 30th, showed that the communications between the Germans was and is superior, we were outnumbered 2:1 and still dealt a great blow the the allies with barely enough fighters to cover anything (hence the 110 switched to escort duty after 1 1/2 succesfull ground attack runs) If your current tactic doesn't work, talk to the team and adapt. Use the resources that you have, check the objectives in the briefing and pick the most important goals you want to achieve. Fridays mission showed it quite impressively that there were some bad miscommunications on the VVS side. Yaks coming in way before the IL-2s and the IL-2s engaging ground targets even though their escorts were killed or had to retreat or IL-2s attack without any escorts, instead 2 fighters arriving in the AO 5 minutes after all IL-2s were shot down. Trust me, if you guys focus on improving your communications and teamwork it will pay off o7 that's just my 2 cents

 

My bold.

Yes, I'm sure that we can improve communication, but that isn't the only issue we face.

The mission of 30th March isn't a good example except to show the imbalance between the LW and VVS in destructive power. Forget the actual takeup figures.

 

He-111H-16 (6) *3 Taken
Bf110G-2 (6) *3 Taken

 

IL2-42 (2) *All Taken

A-20B (6) *6 Taken

 

Loadouts of bomber/attacker aircraft if no modifications are allowed:

 

He111 - 1500kg

Ju88 - 2400kg

Bf110 - 700kg + cannon

Ju87 - 1000kg

 

Il-2 - 400kg + 4 rockets + cannon (modification)

Pe-2 - 600 kg.....................it only makes 1000kg tops with modifications

A-20 - 1600 kg

 

Btw, that loadout for the Il-2s is all we've had for months; haven't seen a FAB-250 for such a long time. Your 110s will always have at least two SC250s in a standard bomb load.

 

So minimum loadout if all aircraft were taken was 13,200kg for blue; 10,400kg for red. Now I believe Tip did allow bombs on the P-39s or Yaks to make up the shortfall in Il-2s, but we didn't know until game launch and I doubt if any of the fighter pilots took them. Even allowing for FAB-250s on the P-39s that adds only another 2000kg if they were all employed, still below the blue total and would have left us with just six pure fighters.

 

Every week it is the same, blue has a huge advantage in destructive ordnance. This isn't Tip's doing, it's the plane set within the game. A dozen Luftwaffe bomb-carrying aircraft will haul far more tonnage than a dozen VVS ones. What it means though is that you can do 1 1/2 attack missions in your 110s and achieve your aims, but the Il-2 can't do the same in several weeks because we don't have the means to attack and destroy our targets. We've gone back over and over to the same targets because no matter how hard we try we don't have the destructive power to wipe out anything much that doesn't have wheels on it. It's the same for the level bombers; you have been destroying our factories and depots willy-nilly because you have the amount of ordnance to rain death and destruction on them in just one hit. Up until now we have had a level bomber that does less damage than a Stuka :rolleyes:.

Because we keep having to go back to the same targets the 109s know where we will be and the results are predictable. If the flak doesn't get us they will. Even if our escorts knock them down and they bail it doesn't matter because they will be back in five minutes. Airfields close to the frontline and a fast plane, here they are again all refuelled and rearmed and hungry for easy kills.

 

The VVS cannot destroy its targets at the same rate as the LW as long as there are an equal number of bombing aircraft on both sides. The only way to make it a level playing field is to skew the numbers of bombers so that blue has less than red; match the ordnance rather than the plane numbers. Not that that's ever going to work; the LW would have more fighters and the VVS less :o:. Just imagine the carnage!

 

Well, maybe this is just a lot of excuses and maybe it isn't, but please don't assume that just because you can destroy your targets with ease we can too. It's bloody depressing being a ground attack pilot in the VVS right now.

 

Cheers.

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...