LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Can you guys cool it down? Let's not start the pointless debates with people's at each other's throats. The FVP forum and server has been relatively free of that, which is one of the reasons I like it. It would be great to leave it that way.

Is there anything that can be done to make it clear which airfields have supply before you spawn? I fly HUD off and while I do try my best to remember to turn it on when I spawn, it's easy to miss the message, and also annoying to have to spawn and check it like that. Then you take-off and get kicked and that's just frustrating.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Chaintong said:

I think the Developers need to introduce the T34 85 with its 85mm gun this would maintain the realism as they were designed to deal with the Tigers late in the war. This would even things up a bit and make game less frustrating from a Soviet point of view

I dont understand how they thought TC will be any popular in MP with tanks they decided to make, its so one sided that its comical to think you would have any balanced MP. So its up to servers to try to balanced it or just have it one side. From what i see you have limit of 2 tiger and 4 panthers, for 84 people server that would be good, but you usealy have what maybe 10 axis vs less red playing tanks, so thats more then half of tanks on one side are uber ones with no real life problems that made them problematic. And in next update youll get another one of thouse, TC is faild game, and its devs choice of tanks that done it, for servers whats left is make it only axis vs ai or remove uber tanks as population of MP tank players is so low that any limit exept 1 tger 1 panther is to mutch. 

Edited by CountZero
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, =X51=VC_ said:

Is there anything that can be done to make it clear which airfields have supply before you spawn? I fly HUD off and while I do try my best to remember to turn it on when I spawn, it's easy to miss the message, and also annoying to have to spawn and check it like that. Then you take-off and get kicked and that's just frustrating.

<p in chat before you spawn

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

S! 

If you are not happy with how the tanks or planes are modelled, take that discussion to appropriate forum section. This part is about VP server and related things. 

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 315_R2r said:

<p in chat before you spawn

Is that before selecting airfield as well, or with the plane selected and set up but before pressing "start"?

Just now, =X51=VC_ said:

Is that before selecting airfield as well, or with the plane selected and set up but before pressing "start"?

Any time. It shows status for each airfield.

7 hours ago, CountZero said:

So its up to servers to try to balanced it or just have it one side

And it looks like balanced would be just PzIV vs. T-34/Sherman.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Fine by me

The question then is: is there a point in having the ground war at all until more tanks are released?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Any time. It shows status for each airfield.

Yes as devs didnt give any other option, and then if your MP player how you justifie spending 70-80$ on just 2 tanks per side. So servers then have to include all tanks but then no one will play for long time. Next tank is again clearly showing how misguided TC is, insted stug iii we are geting Ferdinand, LOL 3-4km sniper master, no wonder TC is in state it is in time when tanks games are so popular. If they added atleast one tank that can compeat eaqualy vs axis uber tanks insted fr example Sherman things would be so mutch differant now, people are not stupid they dont wont to waist time in tanks when odds are so low.

Ort maybe force tank fights only in urban 10x10km areas, and kick all who exit it 😄

Edited by CountZero

48 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

The question then is: is there a point in having the ground war at all until more tanks are released?

Would say 'yes' - TC gives some diversity and also force in some circumstances the good pin point ground attacks ( no TC player on your side and the camp is being executed )...

Or if it make considerable to much load to the server, then 'no' - skip it.

What CountZero wrote is correct, the 1C should reconsider if they really go for MP or just SP. There are many tanks sims already maybe not that accurate or good modelled and definitely do not combine with planes... But WoT and others games that are so popular now are not and never will be the sims alike...

Removed all other tanks but PzIII, PzIV, Sherman, and T-34.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Removed all other tanks but PzIII, PzIV, Sherman, and T-34.

I'm sorry to see this. I actually enjoyed this server as it catered for all tastes and allowed players to try everything (especially TC).

Restricting or limiting access is one thing, removing totally perhaps is pandering for a few, who will now be happy that they can have the upper hand in the T-34.

We appear to have similar issues/arguments on other servers regarding access to aircraft because of either imbalance or historical reasons. Players alway appear to want the historical outcomes to ensure success.

I for one hope this decision will be reviewed if it starts to impact either overall tank player numbers or the ground battle.

However, I'm sure we will see the resurgence of the red tank players and everybody will be happy. Perhaps we need to limit both sides to only 2 aircraft types as well!?

Anyway, I for one will no longer be partaking in the tank battles with such draconian measures in place.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

From now on, if there's a bridge between the frontline troops, it will be repaired 30 minutes after it has been destroyed.

In addition, the seas should have some waves when there is some wind at 0 m level.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 10:03 AM, 315_R2r said:

Limit the blue players number by half - so there could be only 1 blue player vs 2 red.... 10 vs 20 - make it historical.

Yes, make it historical. Let's play with two german pilots against 82 allies on western front. 🤦‍♂️

But there are other things which you couldn't make historical.

• Number of horses on both sides
  • Infantry on both sides
  • Worse production quality for russian planes.
  • Short time for exercising russian pilots 
  • etc.
2 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

From now on, if there's a bridge between the frontline troops, it will be destroyed 30 minutes after it has been destroyed.

In addition, the seas should have some waves when there is some wind at 0 m level.

Haven't you thought "it will be repaired 30 minutes after it has been destroyed."?

36 minutes ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

Haven't you thought "it will be repaired 30 minutes after it has been destroyed."?

Heh, yes 😄

On 6/29/2020 at 7:13 AM, CountZero said:

Yes as devs didnt give any other option, and then if your MP player how you justifie spending 70-80$ on just 2 tanks per side. So servers then have to include all tanks but then no one will play for long time. Next tank is again clearly showing how misguided TC is, insted stug iii we are geting Ferdinand, LOL 3-4km sniper master, no wonder TC is in state it is in time when tanks games are so popular. If they added atleast one tank that can compeat eaqualy vs axis uber tanks insted fr example Sherman things would be so mutch differant now, people are not stupid they dont wont to waist time in tanks when odds are so low.

Ort maybe force tank fights only in urban 10x10km areas, and kick all who exit it 😄

@Count,

Not sure if you are just trolling in this forum! I notice that you don't even own TC, yet are happy to throw stones and on closer inspection on your stats, you are hardly a supporter of the server, with approx 11 sorties in the last 9 months!

I guess we could all go play on WOL, where there are more locks than the Bank of England! Indeed, even having a lock on the German homing system in the aircraft, in a server with GPS perhaps shows the mid-set!  I think if you check other servers, you will find that there are more tank players here than on any other MP server, so i'm not sure how you can say players don't want to waste their time in tanks! I guess you have the same views with FC as well, although, I note that you don't own that either! 

I'm sad to see that tanks have now been restricted in this server, however, I'm happy to spend another $80 on tanks!

Enjoy!

• Haha 1

Maybe when the Ferdie comes out that and the SU-152 can get added back in, at least for a trial.

9 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

From now on, if there's a bridge between the frontline troops, it will be repaired 30 minutes after it has been destroyed.

Will it include the bridges that are selected as the mission objectives as well? Will then destroying them for the second time count within the mission points?

6 hours ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

Yes, make it historical. Let's play with two german pilots against 82 allies on western front. 🤦‍♂️
But there are other things which you couldn't make historical.

• Number of horses on both sides
  • Infantry on both sides
  • Worse production quality for russian planes.
  • Short time for exercising russian pilots 
  • etc.

Please do if you really want it historical - it was not me who get started argumentation with historical accuracy it was 13/JG5Luck

All I post about and what I appreciate that was done by Temuri and front admins is balancing the sides...

13 hours ago, Haza said:

I'm sorry to see this. I actually enjoyed this server as it catered for all tastes and allowed players to try everything (especially TC).

Restricting or limiting access is one thing, removing totally perhaps is pandering for a few, who will now be happy that they can have the upper hand in the T-34.

I for one hope this decision will be reviewed if it starts to impact either overall tank player numbers or the ground battle.

Anyway, I for one will no longer be partaking in the tank battles with such draconian measures in place.

Regards

Oh, boy 😄

So having upper hand in Panther and Tiger did not bother you but having upper hand (questionable) in the T-34 make you stop playing TC on front? 😄

Have you read what you wrote?

Please go to the

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/?tour=35

check the active tank summary - you don't see any impact overall tank player numbers there? Yeah, lets hope now it will finally have impact.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, [CPT]HarryM said:

Maybe when the Ferdie comes out that and the SU-152 can get added back in, at least for a trial.

This thought did cross my mind. Let’s see how they’ll be.

29 minutes ago, 315_R2r said:

Will it include the bridges that are selected as the mission objectives as well?

No

3 hours ago, Haza said:

@Count,

Not sure if you are just trolling in this forum! I notice that you don't even own TC, yet are happy to throw stones and on closer inspection on your stats, you are hardly a supporter of the server, with approx 11 sorties in the last 9 months!

I guess we could all go play on WOL, where there are more locks than the Bank of England! Indeed, even having a lock on the German homing system in the aircraft, in a server with GPS perhaps shows the mid-set!  I think if you check other servers, you will find that there are more tank players here than on any other MP server, so i'm not sure how you can say players don't want to waste their time in tanks! I guess you have the same views with FC as well, although, I note that you don't own that either! 

I'm sad to see that tanks have now been restricted in this server, however, I'm happy to spend another $80 on tanks!

Enjoy!

I may not play mutch here but i care becaue they use tank stats mod for their server stats i worked on that alowes players to even have tank stats displayed, i spend more time working on that then you played on server. Devs price of 70-80 dollars for TC is ripof for what they offer so im waiting for time its at 75% off as to me 20$ is what TC is worth in state it is, and seing how BoBp got to 50% off so swiftly after preorder end i  expect TC price will drop like a rock when preorder ends also. Dont @ me bro :P

5 hours ago, 315_R2r said:

Will it include the bridges that are selected as the mission objectives as well? Will then destroying them for the second time count within the mission points?

Please do if you really want it historical - it was not me who get started argumentation with historical accuracy it was 13/JG5Luck

All I post about and what I appreciate that was done by Temuri and front admins is balancing the sides...

Oh, boy 😄

So having upper hand in Panther and Tiger did not bother you but having upper hand (questionable) in the T-34 make you stop playing TC on front? 😄

Have you read what you wrote?

Please go to the

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/?tour=35

check the active tank summary - you don't see any impact overall tank player numbers there? Yeah, lets hope now it will finally have impact.

Mate, I'm well versed in the English language and I know exactly what I wrote! 

The reason that I will not be playing tanks here has nothing to do we having or not having the upper hand and is all about choice and being able to have access to things that I have purchased.

This is after all just a game and I think I know historically how it all finished.

I could throw the same statement back at you as now that you have got what you want you are happy, although only time will tell if this decision has an impact on over all numbers, although I'm well aware of the stats, thank you.

I actually got to play the 262 on this server the other day, although it will be interesting to see if we have similar discussions before that is "banned".

As a new play to this server, I still intend on supporting numbers by trying out all the aircraft, until such time they get banned. What the admins do is up to them as it is their server, however, trying to keep everybody happy will be interesting and a task I'm glad I do not have to do.

Regards

I can understand the removing of the Tiger. But not of the Panther. Sherman and T34 are both able to penetrate the Panther. The T34 is way faster than the Panther. The high limitation and bigger numbers of Su152 where a good Idea. 

Otherwise there whould be a Idea. 

Remove Panther and add it for Russia as T-V. It was used by soviet Forces and add Tiger for Germany. We just whould need some matching Soviet Skins for Panther. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Tobi_der_Ossi said:

I can understand the removing of the Tiger. But not of the Panther. Sherman and T34 are both able to penetrate the Panther. The T34 is way faster than the Panther. The high limitation and bigger numbers of Su152 where a good Idea. 

Otherwise there whould be a Idea. 

Remove Panther and add it for Russia as T-V. It was used by soviet Forces and add Tiger for Germany. We just whould need some matching Soviet Skins for Panther. 

Trouble with skins is that they would need to be official, as the custom skin implementation in the game is lacking.

It's a bit different to the situation with the Ju-52, where if you spot a Ju-52 on the enemy side of the frontline, you have a very high chance that it's an enemy plane. Not so with tanks.

Will do some more tests.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Trouble with skins is that they would need to be official, as the custom skin implementation in the game is lacking.

It's a bit different to the situation with the Ju-52, where if you spot a Ju-52 on the enemy side of the frontline, you have a very high chance that it's an enemy plane. Not so with tanks.

Will do some more tests.

But if you remove Panther for thr germans and just let them use 3,4 and 6 and add Panther for Russia limited like they where in Russian units plus sherman and t34 or maybe also the Kw1s and Su152 it whould be fair. 

Every german player just has to know that Panthers are enemy. Regardless which Skin. 

But also please activate the Addon Armor for Panzer 3 thats deactivated. 

37 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Will do some more tests.

@Temuri,

Just like to say thank you for at least considering all options!

Regards

17 hours ago, CountZero said:

I may not play mutch here but i care becaue they use tank stats mod for their server stats i worked on that alowes players to even have tank stats displayed, i spend more time working on that then you played on server. Devs price of 70-80 dollars for TC is ripof for what they offer so im waiting for time its at 75% off as to me 20$ is what TC is worth in state it is, and seing how BoBp got to 50% off so swiftly after preorder end i  expect TC price will drop like a rock when preorder ends also. Dont @ me bro :P

@CountZero,

I care as well, that's why I'm happy to support and pay full price.

Let's be honest $70-80 isn't a lot, really!

Regards

44 minutes ago, Tobi_der_Ossi said:

But also please activate the Addon Armor for Panzer 3 thats deactivated. 

Can you send me a screenshot? I'm not at my own comp now.

46 minutes ago, Tobi_der_Ossi said:

Every german player just has to know that Panthers are enemy. Regardless which Skin. 

This is quite a condition. We could put the note to briefing, the stats site, and flood the in-game chat, but I'm sure most would not know/understand that Panthers are Russian. Worthwhile idea, though. Would bring more variety.

13 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Can you send me a screenshot? I'm not at my own comp now.

This is quite a condition. We could put the note to briefing, the stats site, and flood the in-game chat, but I'm sure most would not know/understand that Panthers are Russian. Worthwhile idea, though. Would bring more variety.

Im currently at work. But yesterday was the Schürzen blocked on Panzer 3. For Panther it whould be a short time of confusion but than it whould work just in real life. If the tank faces you frontal and shoots at you, its hostile. And another nive fact whould be, all german tanks whould be box tanks without angled armor like Panzer 3,Panzer 4 and Panzer 6. Allied have all angeled. Sherman, T34, Panther. 

38 minutes ago, Tobi_der_Ossi said:

For Panther it whould be a short time of confusion but than it whould work just in real life. If the tank faces you frontal and shoots at you, its hostile. And another nive fact whould be, all german tanks whould be box tanks without angled armor like Panzer 3,Panzer 4 and Panzer 6. Allied have all angeled. Sherman, T34, Panther. 

Just talk with Temuri on that...

It is an option - have limited Tiger for Blue, limited Panther for Red (somehow strange that now it is possible, or it is an option considered by Blue players - while still none considered switching them both as I suggest for the balancing discussion argumentation 😄 )

I see one more problem with that - the air to ground attack - where the color of the tank is more important than it shape... But still, no one would attack from air the tank that is not shooting the friendly....

As wrote to Temuri as well, before doing that would be nice to make some test how it is with Panther vs Tiger :) since probably no one test that so far.

6 minutes ago, 315_R2r said:

Just talk with Temuri on that...

It is an option - have limited Tiger for Blue, limited Panther for Red (somehow strange that now it is possible, or it is an option considered by Blue players - while still none considered switching them both as I suggest for the balancing discussion argumentation 😄 )

I see one more problem with that - the air to ground attack - where the color of the tank is more important than it shape... But still, no one would attack from air the tank that is not shooting the friendly....

As wrote to Temuri as well, before doing that would be nice to make some test how it is with Panther vs Tiger :) since probably no one test that so far.

Is there any way to force skins like only winter camo? Anyway you spot tanks and see ehat direction they are heading. If they drive away from your troops they probaly wont turn their back to enemy... 

10 minutes ago, Tobi_der_Ossi said:

Is there any way to force skins like only winter camo? Anyway you spot tanks and see ehat direction they are heading. If they drive away from your troops they probaly wont turn their back to enemy... 

I am not sure if you can limit the camo... and giving one side winter camo in summer :) mmm, not a good idea ....

Best would be to have dark olive camo for Panther on red side... but I am not sure if there is any...

And I chase my self twice a Panther running away on the road from the red camp with P-38....

But still, this is a option... As Ju-52 doing supply or drop on red side can be also friendly fired and killed... :(

15 minutes ago, Tobi_der_Ossi said:

Is there any way to force skins like only winter camo?

Yes, but it means no one is able to use custom skins on any plane or tank. So no-go.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

Panther on Red Side.

Are you crazy ore not quite normally? What absurd idea.

Im speaking of limited use like it was used by soviet Forces in limited quantity. So maybe 3 panthers vs 3 tigers or 5 tigers vs 3 panthers and 10 kw1 or su152. There will ve a solution. It whould be an option for the allies to counter the Tiger with a tank. 

Just google T-V you will find many pictures of this soviet panthers. 

32 minutes ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

Panther on Red Side.

I know that the Germans used captured P-51s as well, so perhaps we can have a few P-51s with German markings to even up the sides a bit!?

Hopefully, common sense will prevail! 

9 minutes ago, Haza said:

I know that the Germans used captured P-51s as well, so perhaps we can have a few P-51s with German markings to even up the sides a bit!?

Hopefully, common sense will prevail! 

49 minutes ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

Panther on Red Side.

The plane side is already more balanced than the ground war.

It's not a strictly historical server anyway, so let's have more precise arguments than just "are you crazy" and "common sense will prevail".

Yes and ME 262 and FW 190 D9 and Tiger and Pak 40 and endless more for Red Side.

During every Conflict for 5000 Years, a Side for a Certain Period mostly has the better Weapons, as long as to the others followed!

1 minute ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

Yes and ME 262 and FW 190 D9 and Tiger and Pak 40 and endless more for Red Side.

We are discussing having the Panther on the Allied side.

10 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

We are discussing having the Panther on the Allied side.

Temuri,

I would sooner see a limited pool of specific tank types to try and appease everybody rather than banning or allowing both sides access to the same assets. This is the common sense that I refer to.

• Upvote 1