=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Many suggestions here have been great, but wouldn't it be a good idea to play one more campaign on the current settings before really making any changes?

That way we can get a better picture of the real problems. Also, it sounds like a couple of squadrons like to switch each campaign. Waiting for one more to pass would also allow us to take that into consideration as well.

• Upvote 5

Sounds like it needs more granularity in the ways to win. Need a combination of many things accomplished to win more quickly. Have "tank factories" that replenish the tank pool, so for the Reds to win by tank kills, they need to hit the tank factories and keep them knocked out for example (tank factories can get rebuilt after a number of missions). Airfields can be suppressed and loadouts and available aircraft become restricted as the airfield gets damaged, but much harder to "kill" an airfield, which was pretty hard to do in real life.

I know none of this is easy for programmers but the binary win methods seem to be a problem. blue, level bomb airfields, win. Red, take out all all tanks from blue pool, win, etc. 

Many suggestions here have been great, but wouldn't it be a good idea to play one more campaign on the current settings before really making any changes?

That way we can get a better picture of the real problems. Also, it sounds like a couple of squadrons like to switch each campaign. Waiting for one more to pass would also allow us to take that into consideration as well.

I agree. i promote a simple restart and see how things pan out. My guess that we see a lot of switching around and then we get different results. At least my best guess.

• Upvote 7

Well, thanks for playing, everybody and big thanks to the host. I had my fun..

but I still hope we can get more evened out matches where rounds go to different teams not entire full blue or entire full red victories, that is just so unexciting in the long run.

You know what really yanks my string.......

When people whine about this server, then i search for them in the pilot roster and they haven't even taken part!! WTF

If you can do any better, make your own!

My wingman and i have come to the conclusion that half the problem is peoples perception of the aircraft, and their ability to fly them,

'VVS planes= difficult to learn, easy to master..... LW planes= easy to learn, difficult to master'

I think people are complaining about the players, not the server. 

You clearly speak about something you haven't done yourself extensively let alone looked up in the stats of VVS attackers.

Give a normal pilot 6x 100kgs and the 23mm in a Il2 and give him fucking 15 minutes undisturbed time over the target (which is a fucking lot) he aint gonna kill 15 tanks ... realistically 3-5 tanks and 2-3 AA, get a seasoned veteran IL2 pilot he'll prob nail 4/6 bombs get 2-4 tanks with the guns. This server does not represent ideal conditions where there is no wind and no gusts with convoys being between trees or even forests and the 23mm only does something below 300m.

go ahead try it make a video of it you'll need 3-5 IL2 working undisturbed for 15 minutes.

Since I haven't had time last couple of days I flew just a single sortie this campaign (level bombing mission with Ju88 and four SC500). But according my last own experience and according to what some pilots were able to achieved your statements are clearly wrong.

First, SDV_Fin*19 was repeatedly able to get 10+ tank kills during last campaign.

Second, I have no idea if the tank column structure was changed but there used to be numerous Pz38t which can be killed by VYa regardless of the range and angle of attack with less than 1 second burst. PzIII/PzIV/StuG are harder targets but killing four to five per full AP load is achievable.

Third, I know that even single 50 kg bomb can kill any tank in the game. I used very unstable F-2/E-7 with four SC 50 for anti tank mission few times in last campaign and I was able to kill three tanks (including several T-34) per sortie in most cases. Thus I expect seasoned pilot in way more stable Il-2 with six FAB 100 should be able to score four to five tank kills just through its bomb load. It's all about the practice.

One question!

Why every time i enter the server and pick certain plane from either side i get message from admin that i should choose another plane or i'll be kicked?

Once i was kicked cos i didn't have time to even react to change plane, other time i changed few planes and for every one i got the same message.

Thanks!

Since I haven't had time last couple of days I flew just a single sortie this campaign (level bombing mission with Ju88 and four SC500). But according my last own experience and according to what some pilots were able to achieved your statements are clearly wrong.

First, SDV_Fin*19 was repeatedly able to get 10+ tank kills during last campaign.

Second, I have no idea if the tank column structure was changed but there used to be numerous Pz38t which can be killed by VYa regardless of the range and angle of attack with less than 1 second burst. PzIII/PzIV/StuG are harder targets but killing four to five per full AP load is achievable.

Third, I know that even single 50 kg bomb can kill any tank in the game. I used very unstable F-2/E-7 with four SC 50 for anti tank mission few times in last campaign and I was able to kill three tanks (including several T-34) per sortie in most cases. Thus I expect seasoned pilot in way more stable Il-2 with six FAB 100 should be able to score four to five tank kills just through its bomb load. It's all about the practice.

Pragr,

Though difficult to read over all the feelings and cussing I think Necro's trying to say a noob in an il2 can realistically destroy 3-5 tanks. ( I disagree, at best I get 2 trucks and 54 trees before getting nailed). While a talented pilot can be expected to destroy 4 with bomb load and then 4-6 with guns.

You disagree and say a seasoned pilot can get 5 with il2 bomb load only while aces like sdv_fin manage 10 in one sortie.

I don't see how you two are on different pages :)

• Upvote 1

Dear Pilots

Since TS and communication seems to be an issue:

Is there a possibility to implement Simple Radio in IL2 BOX?

This are the pro's I see:

• Much better coordination for missions. Even though there isn't a AWACS (like in DCS) there will be a Stand-Up General willing to coordinate the strikes and CAP? Or imagine "Check SIX low at Enemy Tanks!" instead of just typing 666!
  • Better traffic coordination by calling take offs and landings (on separate channel)
  • Immersion. Immersion is everything if you are a passionate of flight-sims.
  • "Never type and fly". With a simple key on your hotas you're able to share mission relevant information with everybody. 

Individual flights will still be in TS and private channels for their chatter. But everyone willing to collaborate will suddenly be part of something bigger.

What do you think? 

Fly safe o7

Emu

Edit: There will always be loner and dudes who simply don't care. But we're not doing it for them, right? We're doing it for our own pleasure. Otherwise I can't understand why we discuss so much in this thread about the quality of the experience. 

Edited by Emuyen

One question!

Why every time i enter the server and pick certain plane from either side i get message from admin that i should choose another plane or i'll be kicked?

Once i was kicked cos i didn't have time to even react to change plane, other time i changed few planes and for every one i got the same message.

Thanks!

go here -> http://taw-server.de/ and read rules / manual

• Upvote 1

Dear Pilots

• Much better coordination for missions. Even though there isn't a AWACS (like in DCS) there will be a Stand-Up General willing to coordinate the strikes and CAP? Or imagine "Check SIX low at Enemy Tanks!" instead of just typing 666!
  • Better traffic coordination by calling take offs and landings (on separate channel)
  • "Never type and fly". With a simple key on your hotas you're able to share mission relevant information with everybody. 

Individual flights will still be in TS and private channels for their chatter. But everyone willing to collaborate will suddenly be part of something bigger.

What do you think? 

Fly safe o7

Emu

It would be fantastic to have SRS in IL2 but I think its impossible. I will ask Ciribob if he can make version for our IL2 community.

About TS.

There is special server made for TAW: taw-server.de:9988 pass: taw1942

We gave you tools and 3/4 people flying on TAW didn't used it. At least 1/4 had fun communicating each other with "whisper" option or being together on one channel. ;)

Edited by =LG=Leutnant_Artur
  • Upvote 1

Dear Pilots

What do you think? 

Fly safe o7

Emu

Edit: There will always be loner and dudes who simply don't care. But we're not doing it for them, right? We're doing it for our own pleasure. Otherwise I can't understand why we discuss so much in this thread about the quality of the experience. 

Air marshal should provide this to some degree when it comes out

We have messages when you start with the wrong aircraft arleady.

Could we add a message during engine startup of this sort? :

"Join our teamspeak server <IP ADDRESS>! X players on Allies(Axis) online!"

• Upvote 1

Is there a way to contact admin to fix the login problem on the stat website ?

We have messages when you start with the wrong aircraft arleady.

Could we add a message during engine startup of this sort? :

"Join our teamspeak server <IP ADDRESS>! X players on Allies(Axis) online!"

I think its possible but also you can see it here -> http://taw-server.de/ just scroll down and you have list of channels.

Is there a way to contact admin to fix the login problem on the stat website ?

Yes there is a way. Just PM Khaton.

I think its possible but also you can see it here -> http://taw-server.de/ just scroll down and you have list of channels.

I think the main reason for wanting this isn't for information, but rather as an advertisement to encourage or remind people to join TS.

Ok, thx.

Guest deleted@103832

Like Sheriff stated, until the number imbalance issue gets sorted out, it is impossible to gauge the effect of changes to technical limitations or victory conditions. Here's my take, and if something like this has already been suggested, it wasn't my intent to steal anybody's thunder. 

CONTENTS: Mild profanity, attractive women, and a proposal. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfDquHD2Pfw

At once I ask to excuse for my English. I really liked the server TAW and I decided to dedicate part of my vacation to the game in the last campaign.

I want to congratulate the blue team on the long-awaited victory (if they certainly consider such a victory worthy). I think that the main part of the blue team is weak players who began to cry too loudly and therefore they had to specifically change the rules.

I got great pleasure playing against these "brave guys" who can achieve something, only playing in the overwhelming majority and changing the conditions for themselves.

And although I believe that the abolition of the limit of the destroyed tanks is unfair, I do not think that leaving the red players from the server is the right decision.

However, I will not ask the server administration to change the rules again, as "some small girls" did.

I hope that the red team will meet again and prove to the enemy that they simply do not know how to play. And that this is their main problem.

I also want to say thank you to those who fought shoulder to shoulder with me to the very end. Those who were not afraid to take off when the opponents were more 4-5 times. You are the real winners in this game.

Salute!

• Upvote 9

I didn't find Khaton, on that forum. Does he have another nickname on that forum ?

It's not about Pz38. I have a record of 18 pcs PzIV for 1 departure in the range. Only VY, without bombs and missiles.

Because the matter is different. In weather conditions and whether there is an enemy above the target.

Edited by SDV_Fin_19

It's not about Pz38. I have a record of 18 pcs PzIV for 1 departure in the range. Only VY, without bombs and missiles.
Because the matter is different. In weather conditions and whether there is an enemy above the target.

Well - that is what I have been talking about. Il2 with Vya is "broken" effective against german tank columns when a german stuka or 88 has no chance of taking out the column even in perfect weather.

a german stuka or 88 has no chance of taking out the column even in perfect weather.

Edited by SDV_Fin_19
  • Upvote 2

----

No AAA cover. Tanks are lined up perfectly with perfect spacing and filmed on a test map... I have seen il2 take out german columns on the live server - maybe it was you?. But I have not seen 88 take out VVS column, it usually gets taken out by the AAA

Edited by JaffaCake

Well - that is what I have been talking about. Il2 with Vya is "broken" effective against german tank columns when a german stuka or 88 has no chance of taking out the column even in perfect weather.

No AAA cover. Tanks are lined up perfectly with perfect spacing and filmed on a test map... I have seen il2 take out german columns on the live server - maybe it was you?. But I have not seen 88 take out VVS column, it usually gets taken out by the AAA

What now. No chance? A small chance? at what weather? Only chance without AAA? Why is there no AAA in the video? I guess its taken out? Geez

edit: I just saw that he uses indeed a test map. However on a serious side. Its wrong to say that the AAA is a real problem. If dealt with correctly, 1-2 fighters can take the AAA. The Bombers can drop their stuff. One ju88 can carry enough stuff to blow up a lot of tanks.

I personally won't use ju88s for the Tanks. 110s and later on fw190s are very good for the job as they can deal with the AAAs by themselfs. I really can't stand all the crylng anymore. the germans have big fat bombs, and a lot of planes who can carry them.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Upvote 3

What now. No chance? A small chance? at what weather? Only chance without AAA? Why is there no AAA in the video? I guess its taken out? Geez

What can I say? We are arguing what is better. On one hand we have stats from live server where the pilot himself says he took out 18 tanks just with the cannons on il2 and his stats support it. On the other hand same pilot provides evidence that 88 can do the same, but not on a live server and with perfectly spaced and aligned tanks standing in the open with no trees around them no AAA etc

Of course theoretically 88 can take out 44 tanks of any size. I talk from actual observations and experience - not dreams.

Edited by JaffaCake

I really can't stand all the crylng anymore. the germans have big fat bombs, and a lot of planes who can carry them.

This.

What can I say? We are arguing what is better. On one hand we have stats from live server where the pilot himself says he took out 18 tanks just with the cannons on il2 and his stats support it. On the other hand same pilot provides evidence that 88 can do the same, but not on a live server and with perfectly spaced and aligned tanks standing in the open with no trees around them no AAA etc

Of course theoretically 88 can take out 44 tanks of any size. I talk from actual observations and experience - not dreams.

Jaffa, have you seen HvB Video on how to carpet bomb on a JU 88? Unfortunately, I can't find anymore it on youtube. 

Let me tell you  this: It works.

Let me tell you something else: Not everybody can do it. Why? It needs practice.

Let me tell you another truth: The guys wrecking tanks in IL2 have skill. Ever tried yourself wreck a whole column of tanks in a IL2? 

If all the energy for crying would be used to learn things we would live in a better society.

Fly safe o7

Emu

Edit for HvB: May you please repost the video on YT and here? 

Edited by Emuyen
  • Upvote 1

WWII planes was not equal. Some where better some where not so what is this disscission all about ? IL2 was rapeing german ground units and that is all about this plane. Do you want equal planes ? Go shitthunder or other games... If you want to destroy maximum number of units you have to practice, have a winger, be on comms (ts) and you will make it :-)

• Upvote 1

edit: I just saw that he uses indeed a test map. However on a serious side. Its wrong to say that the AAA is a real problem if dealt with correctly. 1-2 fighters can deal with the AAA. The Bombers can drop their stuff. One ju88 can carry enough stuff to blow up a lot of tanks.

I personally won't use ju88s for the Tanks. 110s and later on fw190s are very good for the job as they can deal with the AAAs by themselfs. I really can't stand all the crylng anymore. the germans have big fat bombs, and a lot of planes who can carry them.

It gets frustrating when we keep going in circles around this argument :) Il2 is better at taking tanks out. I do not whine that LW needs a better anti-tank plane. I simply point out that VVS had a tank counter last season that they needed to bring to 400. LW had no chance to compete with that counter - because their planes are worse at killing tanks! FW190 or ME110 are not able to take out 18 tanks with AAA cover. LW did not have an equivalent counter that they had advantage over - such as ground targets destroyed as a whole.

LW and VVS without any ground counters for wins, no problem

VVS with tank counter and LW with ground units destroyed counters? no problem

VVS with tank counter and LW with no counter - an issue where VVS just focuses on padding the counter and wins.

I am not asking to fix IL2 or VVS capability to deal with tanks. I ask to account for it so that the game victory conditions do not favour a particular side. Last season VVS overwhelmingly won, with most of these victories through the tank limit - and that was done against overwhelming odds with LW commonly 10-20 players up.

This season VVS feels like they lost the easy goal to pad the number and thus lost their organisation and focus on still killing the tanks that would capture their airfields.

I am sure if VVS had no tank counter, but LW had, say, factory-destroyed counter that they needed to bring up to I dunno - tree fiddy number - we would have a whole discussion how LW bombers have advantage at killing factories because they fly high and can drop large bombs and how it is unfair to VVS with pe2 that can only carry half the bombload of he111

Edited by JaffaCake

First i wall say thanks for the last TAW Campaign.

JG4 have here many good Hours.

The Campaign System is realy good,and i like it.

We fly many Missions with old Friends or as a Team.The TS Server helps a lot for taktical Stuff.

Thanks so far ,and i cant wait for the next Campaign.

When will this start ? :P

• Upvote 1

I also destroyed 18 pieces of PzIV at the test site. TAW server does not have 18 pieces of PzIV. Here half the lungs PZ38 - Which are destroyed even easier
Edited by SDV_Fin_19

Guest deleted@103832

Edit for HvB: May you please repost the video on YT and here? 

Sorry man, I took that youtube page down a while back because many of the tips I showed in my videos were no longer relevant because of changes made on the TAW server, and I didn't want somebody to hit a tank column from the rear at 550 kph and have four M4 flak guns tear him a new asshole because of changes to the flak component. 

I didn't plan to make any more videos, but I changed my mind and have a new page up, and in 2-3 days I will post a new video showing how I figured out how to beat the new flak layout.

New page - - - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoTlxHJ67ng55s-1TChRLwQ

The advantage of the Reds in the destruction of tanks. The advantage of the blue in the destruction of warehouses (making the tank columns weaker), the closure of airfields and their capture with bombs. Which side quickly realizes its advantage, that one wins. And if even the limit on the tanks, the blue would still win, because, for them began to play a lot of pilots with a high level.

But the server administration listened to the sobbing of the weak part of the blue team and now any blue victory with these rules will look like a reminder of past failures.
Blue could not defeat the Reds, they admitted their defeat and asked for preferences.
Enjoy now your facke victories, if they certainly have the blue ones yet)
  • Upvote 1

Sorry for the delay, I was a little bit busy last time, but here they are - medals and diplomas for the best of You, participating in seventh edition of Tactical Air War. As my friend said, congratulations to all, LW for winning and Reds for defending their Motherland. Next campaign will start soon. All are welcome!

BEST FIGHTERS

17426250_1794423797535600_24143893934419

17457390_1794423840868929_23856249667736

17553666_1794423847535595_75227000242357

17522801_1794423760868937_48722013667582

17499111_1794423877535592_43766570245433

17426209_1794423854202261_70381946840825

17554047_1794423904202256_57502470676366

17554498_1794423914202255_37023046498615

17499429_1794423957535584_94494816321294

17522855_1794423930868920_65705443501893

• Upvote 4