=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

I don't know if this has been done but can stats be re-done so that pilot death/capture penalties are separated out between fighter and bomber roles? In other words, if a player normally flies fighters but jumps into a bomber and  dies or is captured his fighter "streak" is not interrupted and he does not lose his damaged fighters in inventory.  The same would go for bomber players that switch to fighters.  I think this would go a long way in resolving the unwillingness of people to switch up their normal roles to help out their team. 

Edited by NO_SQDeriku777
  • Upvote 4

I don't know if this has been done but can stats be re-done so that pilot death/capture penalties are separated out between fighter and bomber roles? In other words, if a player normally flies fighters but jumps into a bomber and  dies or is captured his fighter "streak" is not interrupted and he does not lose his damaged fighters in inventory.  The same would go for bomber players that switch to fighters.  I think this would go a long way in resolving the unwillingness of people to switch up their normal roles to help out their team. 

Well said Eric -- I think that is a great idea!

• Upvote 1

Like Kathon said, this or next weekend. We are waiting for more details at the end of this week.

Yay! Looking forward to a great campaign!

I agree too. Capture fields is very easy

Disable fields is much easier too. 100% of damage is reached too fast.

__

Deathmatch missions allow moving objects on ground?

We try to make it harder. Yes DM allow to moving objects.

something very important and nobody says.

when you got the wrong plane or a bomb, it gives you an alternative to leave the plane and grab another, but the 15 seconds that gives the server once you press escape

to solve is not enough and it always ends kicked.

I will increase this period. 

I donated for TAW,It will continue as long as it makes sense!!!

It's about the community, the more so the better

I hope that with DX11 120 slots are possible

DX11 won't change much on DServer side I think. The problem is that it utilize only one CPU, so rest of them are not utilized at all. If Devs change it (I hope one day) that would be huge difference. 

Wtf? I just spawn at Novo, and i am dead before i can see anything? Just hear a sound of a explosion and done? Awesome, back to Feldwebel again without a chance

Game bug or you spawned on someone else. Such sorties with instant death won't be counted anymore.

Will the reconaissance plane update (devs said it will be in 2.004) be implemented in the next campaign?

Because recon G-2 would be nice  :rolleyes:

No. I just don't know how it works. If you do let me know.  

I think it's fair to point out the statistics pilots who destroyed most of tanks.

Is not it? ;)

It is for sure :)  I hope will remember about it after next campaign.

483d0828177f41ca8d6244b2a5d854cc.png

To make TAW more interesting i have few suggestions. 
What do you think about more supply options? 
A field without Ammo or Fuel will be disable but still have AAA's. To destroy field AAA you have to do damage to Repair Resources. This also affect ditch planes on this fields. If you land on field without resource you will lost the plane.

About cities we can put in every city depots with Tanks and arty's. Make attacks work from city to city. The attack and defence force will be directly affected by the power of these cities.

Re-suply this only by collumns departed from factories in back of front. This factories will have "Production Power" and you need to make damage to stop the collumns.

This is just a idea and i hope you can think about. With some adjustments this can add a lot of great features to the war.
I think both sides will have a new way to win the war. I fly for Russians and destroy tanks to us is much more easy than germans.

:)

I like your ideas but you would have to precisely design how it should be implemented. How ammo and fuels and repair resources are represented and count on the map (hangars, barrels or other objects etc. how many of them in the city/airfield, what are the limits of destruction: 85% or 100%... etc ) how to resupply it and in what amount? There are lots of details that must be defined.  

Could AI rear gunners be less effective, possible to reduce their skill level in server settings? I personally think that bomber without fighter cover should be more vulnerable. Would be little bit easier to defend ground targets when there's only few people flying...

There is no such option in server settings.

Here another improvements i think will bring a nice features:

- The ability to destroyed planes on ground "static planes" count on planes lost.

- Limited planes per field. Day replenishment (based on factory force) or make supply missions to bring planes back.

- Different targets around field. Ex: Fuel silos, Ammo depots, repair hangars...

- Moving targets to capture sector: Let the tanks fight against AT. In some cases if the attack force is not strength enough you have to do a nice job on enemy defenses.

If i remember something i will back with more suggestions.

:)

The ability to destroyed planes on ground "static planes" count on planes lost. -> OK.

Rest as above: details, details.... 

Sugestion to next "season".

1. Do not offer any prize for first/second/third place in any category. 
In few last stages we fly normaly without any sugestion or suspicion of "cheating". In last "tour" sudenly we got a few cases of flying "slighty" different than usually seeing on online servers. It's only my opinion, but if one player on server have "little differnt" version of a game - rest of players got strange things online. My opinion is based on a few hundred missions hosted on "old il" online wars.  
We got a few strange things (like unable to click fly, unabale to enter the server) while on Wings of Liberty (which is bigger that TAW) server such things are not present.
2. Make a defence of airfield more stronger. Few ace AAA will do the job corectly.
3. Make more supply conwoy. Instead one or two with 10 cars, make four or six with less numbers of cars.
4. In first stage of TAW frontline airfield had a few AAA. I've wrote once that was a bad idea, but now I think it was a good idea.
5. Based planes should be G2 and ŁaGG with some restiction on payload. You can make that both types similar in fighting abilities. IMO making "based type" il and stuka is useless, cuz it's two totally diferent planes with different capabilities in destruction. 

1. Ok, so prize for fourth place ;) There was a player who wanted to thank for this server and promote it in that way. Maybe one day he or someone else will do it again but them we will thing about it. 

2. There are 9 ace-level AA plus 9 normal-level flack for bombers (with some probability of being ace in low amount). I suspect that too many AA on airfield cause "server overload" message when enemy planes are over the airfield.

3. Supply convoys have 24 or 48 cars. They are generated dynamically based on how many airfields/defense position are damaged/destroyed.

4. We increased number of AA to make voulching harder.

5. More about planned planeset below. 

That is good idea. Not easy to do it, but in a future why not.

======================================================================================================================

We won't run new campaign on Sunday this week. But we finished Moscow map and it looks like this  (airfields side is randomly assigned because of test period) :  http://taw.stg2.de/img/curr_gen_map.jpg

The planned plane set:

planeset_v3.JPG

Basic+N means N planes will be replenish after each mission.

CM means plane will be replenish after 3 combat missions.

And yes, we are aware that many of you will not be happy about it but it's the base we want to start with. For sure it will evolve during next campaigns (e.g. adding different payload limits depending on the map number).

I also need to implement more debug info to the script which will allowed me to analyze bugs much faster than before. So I hope we run new TAW campaign next week :D

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Upvote 5

We try to make it harder. Yes DM allow to moving objects.

I will increase this period. 

DX11 won't change much on DServer side I think. The problem is that it utilize only one CPU, so rest of them are not utilized at all. If Devs change it (I hope one day) that would be huge difference. 

Game bug or you spawned on someone else. Such sorties with instant death won't be counted anymore.

No. I just don't know how it works. If you do let me know.  

It is for sure :)  I hope will remember about it after next campaign.

I like your ideas but you would have to precisely design how it should be implemented. How ammo and fuels and repair resources are represented and count on the map (hangars, barrels or other objects etc. how many of them in the city/airfield, what are the limits of destruction: 85% or 100%... etc ) how to resupply it and in what amount? There are lots of details that must be defined.  

There is no such option in server settings.

The ability to destroyed planes on ground "static planes" count on planes lost. -> OK.

Rest as above: details, details.... 

1. Ok, so prize for fourth place ;) There was a player who wanted to thank for this server and promote it in that way. Maybe one day he or someone else will do it again but them we will thing about it. 

2. There are 9 ace-level AA plus 9 normal-level flack for bombers (with some probability of being ace in low amount). I suspect that too many AA on airfield cause "server overload" message when enemy planes are over the airfield.

3. Supply convoys have 24 or 48 cars. They are generated dynamically based on how many airfields/defense position are damaged/destroyed.

4. We increased number of AA to make voulching harder.

5. More about planned planeset below. 

That is good idea. Not easy to do it, but in a future why not.

======================================================================================================================

As Wicher wrote we won't run new campaign on Sunday this week. But we finished Moscow map and it looks like this  (airfields side is randomly assigned because of test period) :  http://taw.stg2.de/img/curr_gen_map.jpg

The planned plane set:

planeset_v3.JPG

And yes, we are aware that many of you will not be happy about it but it's the base we want to start with. For sure it will evolve during next campaigns (e.g. adding different payload limits depending on the map number).

I also need to implement more debug info to the script which will allowed me to analyze bugs much faster than before. So I hope we run new TAW campaign next week :D

What does the CM and Basic +1 mean?

Why on the first two cards except the I-16 no Yak-1 and LaGG-3?
So you want to say that these fighters were not in 1941?
The MiG-3 is a high-altitude fighter to cover the Il-2 they can not, and the number of P-40 is clearly not sufficient.
In my opinion the second map is not enough LaGG and/or Yak.

• Upvote 3

CM - combat mission - to recover the plane you need to do defined number of combat missions

Basic +1 or +2 - each maps reload adds +1 or +2 specific planes, so you do not have to do combat missions

sry men.

I think this planetset its no good for red side, its only my opinion.... i see next actors for card :

map 1 : i 16 vs Emil ( advantage for blue )

map2 : mig3 or P40 vs F2 or Machi ( really unbalanced )

map3:  Incoming new plane. Lag3 vs F4 

map 4 and 5 : All planes avaliable, ok.

Like  i read adovo, lagg3 need be minimun on second map for my point of view.

Thx for all.

• Upvote 3

One cuestion Kakthon. Maybe you explain but i dont find.

What will be " win conditions " for next seasson ?. We have 5 maps whit 5 planetset.  What will need for win each map ? We play only one session or better than 3 sessions per map?

thx

2 things will happen with this planeset:

Red players will fly for blue to participate on the first maps;
Red players will not fly the campaign.

My group have 6 ~ 8 players. Nobody have BoM and we fly for reds.

About my suggestions i will provide details later :)

Edited by ESCOMM_FlyMaker
  • Upvote 1

Why on the first two cards except the I-16 no Yak-1 and LaGG-3?

So you want to say that these fighters were not in 1941?

Not with the PF engine.

planeset_v3.JPG

Is this setup to bring more diversity to the gameplay, or to make the campaign a bit more hist accurate (with some concessions)?

- = PHX = -SuperEtendard

Oh, let's not talk about PF or not.
At this stage of the game, it may not be historical, but the bias is obvious.
Especially on the second map of Stalingrad.
Honestly these contradictions with lists of aircraft .... 
Let's wait for the full development of the game and will be there to argue about history.

Edited by =ART=RUS66

Honestly these contradictions with lists of aircraft .... 

contradiction?? Where is there a contradiction? BoM plane setup for the first two, BoS plane setup for the rest. This is as straight forward as it gets, nothing contradicting. If we would be historical accurate, we would also have to include the F4 for BoM setup. So there is already balancing in favour of the Soviets 

contradiction?? Where is there a contradiction? BoM plane setup for the first two, BoS plane setup for the rest. This is as straight forward as it gets, nothing contradicting. If we would be historical accurate, we would also have to include the F4 for BoM setup. So there is already balancing in favour of the Soviets 

I wouldn't call it "balance in favour of the Soviets" that much, as if the Soviets would be getting away with it.

The thing is that for an early scenario the Soviets are plane lacking, there should be other planes to help counter the 109 Fs. Like the Hurricane, I-153, P-40B, M-105 P/PA  LaGG and Yak.  I know they are still inferior to the F4 but they offer more flexibility than just the I-16. Also If I'm correct the F4 should have engine limitations for 1941 scenario (that currently are allowed in the 1942 version of this plane).

The MC. 202 and P-40 could be delayed for one map, mostly because they are early 1942 in the 1941 planes scenario, if they were MC.200 and P-40B/C it would be more correct, but i'm nitpicking really :P

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard
  • Upvote 1

Yes, even the G2, but the Yak and LaGG should be. We still on what you are flying, knocked, knocking, and we will knock  :P 

In addition, it will allow players without BoM to participate in the game.

I think the biggest problem is that for the first two maps BoS-only VVS players don't have any planes to play with. Axis players can at least fly a Stuka. 

Maybe could give the VVS guys also the later model of IL-2 with seriously limited loadouts, but at least something that they can play with.

• Upvote 3

I liked the new planeset. It will provide for a more different gameplay. I'm only worried about the people who doesnt have BoM.

Keep the good work Kathon, Blakhart and co! Dont get unmotivated only because a few voices dont like the new plane set!   ;)

:salute:  :salute:

Edited by JAGER_Staiger

Sure, we can understand there's issues with the actual balance, but lets also remember the historicity of the situation. 

It would be really neat if things like Factories allowed for research points, unlocking new planes in the next map. These points can be accumulated at a rate that is proportional to the number of factories and its integrity. For instance a factory @ 100% would generate maybe 100 points every 30 minutes or something; if it was at 50% it could generate 50 points every 30. Then maybe after a reasonable number of points a plane would open up. This could be used for ordinance too if you wanted. It would give immediate goals in addition to airfields. This addition to resourcing could include trains and convoys delivering materials... completely affecting the outcome of the war. If collaborated correctly the reds could heaps over the blues.

I think the biggest problem is that for the first two maps BoS-only VVS players don't have any planes to play with. Axis players can at least fly a Stuka. 

Maybe could give the VVS guys also the later model of IL-2 with seriously limited loadouts, but at least something that they can play with.

Big yes..

Me and my friends are very small group that too without affecting the situation on the map. But want to fly for Allied. We have between themselves several pilots bombers, unfortunately BoS only.

Please consider add BoS bomber first and second map - limited loadouts..

Edited by Mira73

I'm curious how new planes restrictions will play out. I'm sure there will be some whine from BOS only owners.

I'm curious how new planes restrictions will play out. I'm sure there will be some whine from BOS only owners.

How long do the TAW team wait for others to catch up though? What about the BOK only owners in the future? They are going to face this same problem.

This will be an issue that is aways ongoing until the release of a pack that includes all previous battles, like 1946 which was an add-on +rollup of those before it. That was 10+ years of content though.

How long do the TAW team wait for others to catch up though? What about the BOK only owners in the future? They are going to face this same problem.

You answered wrong part, I don't care just say. First sentance of my previous post - i can't wait to try :) and this is rhetorical - one will know only when will try it out.

This will be an issue that is aways ongoing until the release of a pack that includes all previous battles, like 1946 which was an add-on +rollup of those before it. That was 10+ years of content though.

We're discussing planeset all the time to give all of you opportunity to play for whole war but you guys have to realize we're going to make it historically in future so all persons that don't have BOM/BOS or BOK (future) we can say "buy it" or "sorry".

• Upvote 11

We're discussing planeset all the time to give all of you opportunity to play for whole war but you guys have to realize we're going to make it historically in future so all persons that don't have BOM/BOS or BOK (future) we can say "buy it" or "sorry".

Perfect!

There should be more AAA on the battlefield. Not only to protect vital targets but AA batteries should be scattered behind lines.

Even infantry units would open fire towards enemy planes which fly extremely low behind enemy lines.

But would these additional flak units be too heavy for the server...

• Upvote 1

Salute Everyone!

In the interest of sharing data, Here are the pilot counts for the first three tours/seasons of TAW.   

Note: Tour 1 has limited data as I didn't start pulling detail until mid tour.

Note: Data points pulled every 5 minutes.  All times are USA Eastern Time (UTC-05:00).

Tour 001:

post-24105-0-64332700-1477515889_thumb.jpg

Tour 002:

post-24105-0-56991300-1477515891_thumb.jpg

Tour 003:

post-24105-0-13841100-1477515893_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Maybe on Sunday?!?!   :biggrin:

Quite sad that there wont be any E-7 anymore on later Missions, but ok.

But maybe think about the fact that it could always be possible to put older Planes in a fight and maybe add all Planes on the last 2 maps?

Shouldnt gave you an advantage to fly the E-7 against La 5 lol. But if you not willing to do that i could handle that as well :-)

Edited by =ARTOA=Golden_Phoenix87

Salute Everyone!

In the interest of sharing data, Here are the pilot counts for the first three tours/seasons of TAW.   

Note: Tour 1 has limited data as I didn't start pulling detail until mid tour.

Note: Data points pulled every 5 minutes.  All times are USA Eastern Time (UTC-05:00).

Tour 001:

attachicon.gifTAW_Tour001.jpg

Tour 002:

attachicon.gifTAW_Tour002.jpg

Tour 003:

attachicon.gifTAW_Tour003.jpg

I'm not sure what is more interesting, the numbers themselves or the curious silence that follows...

Perhaps you could make a pie chart?

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure what is more interesting, the numbers themselves or the curious silence that follows...

Perhaps you could make a pie chart?

I think the sudden quiet is due to this excellent information "putting to bed" the complaints about imbalance,

Imbalance is going to happen. It's war....

Get on the server...

Try to work with others on your side using the teamspeak or the command forums...

Fight clever to offset being outnumbered...

Kill what can be killed and defend what can be defended...

Finally, don't give up....

Saw this on someone's signature - "If it's a fair fight, you didn't plan it right...!!!!". Sounds about right....

• Upvote 5

What do you want? Luftwaffe pilots come here and say with tears in our eyes : we are so shit?

We lost. And we are aware of. Put your salt back into the cupboard

• Upvote 1