=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

1 час назад, ACG_Vietkong сказал:

I think Magners mispoke. I think he meant 1 life per map, and 2 hour penalty. Or i misunderstood.

I mean 1 life per 2 hours, not relatively to map changing. 

This guarantee you will get back your life in the next mission (but not at its beginning), without stimulating suicide runs at mission endings.

Edited by WG_Magners
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WG_Magners said:

I mean 1 life per 2 hours, not relatively to map changing. 

This guarantee you will get back your life in the next mission (but not at its beginning), without stimulating suicide runs at mission endings.

Whether it's 1 life per 2 hour mission period or 2 hours between re-flies, there is still plenty of opportunity to do 3 transports and then a suicide either way.  I can see how my suggestion of 1 life per mission could put 2 suicide flights back-to-back, but the "every 2 hours" method only requires choosing the right timing to get the "do 3 transports, then suicide", conveyor belt going just the same.  

Like I previously said though, if it's a lone pilot doing it the damage potential is not effective. Only targets that are destroyed enough to close on the next mission anyway will be effected and airfields would require a fair bit of luck to catch more than 1 pilot on the ground - making the trade not worth it. 

The issue would be suicide squadrons coordinating their timers.   

1 hour ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

The issue would be suicide squadrons coordinating their timers.   

Well, let's go full EvE Online, and give just one (or three) lives per pilot during the entire campaign. No way of getting em back, if you loose it.

Chute killers could be publically named and shamed on a dishonor list, but it would not be forbidden per se.

By this way, suiciding for the team should be VERY well planned and always take more lives and planes than you loose. And if that does in deed happend, then it is pretty fair. Even suiciders are always going to ruin the fun for others, no matter what the mechanics are and how punishable it is. Best and most effective punishment is, that there is only one suicide run to be made.

16 minutes ago, -FISTN-Ugly_Eric said:

Well, let's go full EvE Online, and give just one (or three) lives per pilot during the entire campaign. No way of getting em back, if you loose it.

Or, the rules could just be made so strict that server traffic gets so low - especially on the Allies side, there's no point in keeping TAW going.....   🤨  There's simply not enough players in the community for Axis to keep supplied with seals to club under those conditions.  

@=LG=Kathon Are there any rules regarding offenses in the server? There's a specific player calling out others pus**** and spamming in the gamechat, annoying every player from the enemy team and being unsportsmanlike.

• Like 1

Take out all AI AAA except at airfields.  Ring an Airfield with 150 Expert AI AAA and leave only one life per campaign like ERIC said.  Just kidding, but maybe one life per full map cycle, I could go for that type of catch 22.  8 maps, 8 chances to make a difference.

No AI AAA in truck convoys.  No AI AAA in tank convoys, No AI AAA at train stations, no AI AAA in factory towns, no AI tail gunners in any aircraft, and no random spawned AI AAA on the map anywhere but around an Airfield.

Shall we be bold and make it count?  One life per map.  Win or lose the map goes to the pilots who destroy the enemy facilities and protect their facilities, Destroy the enemy war machine and protect theirs, and win by attrition.

I'd be in for that.  Then I couldn't bitch about the AI AAA and when I do get killed it will be by someone who is either more lucky with the shot or a better virtual pilot all around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 12/26/2019 at 2:36 AM, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

3. Fighters planesets need updates. AFAIK taw is not about 100% historical planesets so there is a balance between history and gameplay so both sides can be competitive. 

Agreed that this is the right way to balance the game in different scenarios when they are not 100% historical.

1 час назад, JG51_Ogg сказал:

Take out all AI AAA except at airfields.  Ring an Airfield with 150 Expert AI AAA and leave only one life per campaign like ERIC said.  Just kidding, but maybe one life per full map cycle, I could go for that type of catch 22.  8 maps, 8 chances to make a difference.

No AI AAA in truck convoys.  No AI AAA in tank convoys, No AI AAA at train stations, no AI AAA in factory towns, no AI tail gunners in any aircraft, and no random spawned AI AAA on the map anywhere but around an Airfield.

Shall we be bold and make it count?  One life per map.  Win or lose the map goes to the pilots who destroy the enemy facilities and protect their facilities, Destroy the enemy war machine and protect theirs, and win by attrition.

I'd be in for that.  Then I couldn't bitch about the AI AAA and when I do get killed it will be by someone who is either more lucky with the shot or a better virtual pilot all around.

I'd like to try this

1 hour ago, JG51_Ogg said:

Don't agree with this but it gave me another thought: how about some random, scattered ground targets that don't show up on the map even when discovered and don't have AA protection? Their value to the campaign could be negligible or null, but having targets of opportunity would add to the immersion.

1 hour ago, WG_Magners said:

I'd like to try this

Remove out all aircraft with gunners and leave only fighter planes with bombs))

I want to give a big and sincere congratulations to the brave pilots of the Luftwaffe, whom in an unprecedented effort and under an overwhelming and fierce opposition this morning were able to capture Krasnodar and close Gelenzhik due to incredible coordination skills sealing with this a very well deserved future victory in Kuban. These are no doubt victories of such value!  Compliments!

MjKgXhm.png

• Haha 3

Why do you keep picking on the blue side when it's the red side not joining the server... do you want the blue side to not join as well? Do you want the server to be empty?

At this moment, the server is blue 38: red 35.... so it seems red CAN join....

Edited by Raven109
  • Upvote 1

Those shots are pretty much useless. At the Finnish morning time, I`ve seen reds outnumbering blues 11-0 or 12-0. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Those shots are pretty much useless. At the Finnish morning time, I`ve seen reds outnumbering blues 11-0 or 12-0. 

Just today, 12 hours ago it was the same case, 11-1 for reds. No one complained.

Just now, Gustav_Hagel said:

Just today, 12 hours ago it was the same case, 11-1 for reds. No one complained.

Yeah, that`s how it goes with 24/7 server.

@666GIAP_Chimango, servers which are visible across different time zones will exhibit natural variations in player presence. 

If you want this competition to be ~100% fair, you'll have to go the way other games went: organize a tournament where the presence can be controlled directly (i.e like StarCraft, Counter Strike, etc)

Your expectations about a 100% fair competition on a public server which is exposed to all time zones, might be a bit idealistic.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Raven109 said:

@666GIAP_Chimango, servers which are visible across different time zones will exhibit natural variations in player presence. 

If you want this competition to be ~100% fair, you'll have to go the way other games went: organize a tournament where the presence can be controlled directly (i.e like StarCraft, Counter Strike, etc)

Your expectations about a 100% fair competition on a public server which is exposed to all time zones, might be a bit idealistic.

Don't feed the troll

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

God dammit @666GIAP_Chimango ! What else do you want? Kathon tried everything he could think of, to make TAW more balanced, he even allowed players with a death penalty to spawn now, if there are uneven teams! But if the Reds simply don't join the server, there's nothing more he can do about it. You want us to stay off the server, if theres just two or three reds on it?!?  I have the feeling, that a lot of VVS players simply don't join the server, if there's not already a certain amount of red pilots on it. Simple trick to fix this, just JOIN the server..

Edited by JG4_Knipser
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Just now, D_Kozlovsky said:

Exit after waiting and finish mission.

So... you have to ask @=LG=Kathon what happend but "Pilot Exit" status is responsible for not counting

1 hour ago, JG4_Knipser said:

God dammit @666GIAP_Chimango ! What else do you want? Kathon tried everything he could think of, to make TAW more balanced

He is not alone, many of us helped with suggestions that he later applied. Still, TAW devs keep forgeting for some editions in a row to make the VVS planeset more balanced in fighters, as was proposed some posts above, and this propositions are not new.

You like COOP missions 21-2? Then make a system that when a side has more than 10 pilots and the difference with the other side is more than 10, no pilot from the bigger side can fly. Simple. Server has 12-1...ok, the 12th side cant have any more pilots flying...or something similar. Look for solutions, don¿t go the easy way out like "oh we are poor victims who want to fly and no reds join so we stack the server".

Also there is a bug or the system is not well implemented, when there is a big difference in numbers front airfields do not stay closed all mission till other side has more pilots, they open up so is no difference if server is stacked or not.

• Upvote 2

old ADW sistem was  more efective than actually i think.

Anyway all improviment to taw are great. some on planetset is another good idea.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Yeah, that`s how it goes with 24/7 server.

Unless this server is closed for a break, when it is convenient for someone)

1 hour ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Unless this server is closed for a break, when it is convenient for someone)

You really are butthurt about that one, aren't you? 😀

16 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

You really are butthurt about that one, aren't you? 😀

Sure. When I could fly on the server - it was turned off. Now I'm busy and just watching a huge number of Blues win the map again. Unfortunately I do not have a button to put the server on pause when it is convenient for me.

16 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Sure. When I could fly on the server - it was turned off. Now I'm busy and just watching a huge number of Blues win the map again. Unfortunately I do not have a button to put the server on pause when it is convenient for me.

I understand you completely. Big bad boys took away your toy for several days.

When you grow up, you`ll learn that life is not always fair. In the meantime, you can ask your mom and daddy to buy you some Legos. So, next time TAW closes, you can play with those. If you are having nightmares now about Christmas and TAW, go sleep between mom and daddy for a few nights, it`ll help.

I hope you get better.

13 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

I understand you completely. Big bad boys took away your toy for several days.

When you grow up, you`ll learn that life is not always fair. In the meantime, you can ask your mom and daddy to buy you some Legos. So, next time TAW closes, you can play with those. If you are having nightmares now about Christmas and TAW, go sleep between mom and daddy for a few nights, it`ll help.

I hope you get better.

I will gladly listen to your advice when I see that you have learned to win fairly and on an equal footing. In the meantime, enjoy the injustice of life.

Even if we lose, it will be more dignified and more enjoyable than the cheap victory you have won 😊

Just now, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

I will gladly listen to your advice when I see that you have learned to win fairly and on an equal footing. In the meantime, enjoy the injustice of life.

Even if we lose, it will be more dignified and more enjoyable than the cheap victory you have won 😊

The butthurt is getting stronger I see. Thanks for the entertainment for this morning 😄 

12 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

The butthurt is getting stronger I see. Thanks for the entertainment for this morning 😄 

You're welcome 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

I'm surprised how innefective those Pe2 gunners are lately, you weren´t hit even once. 

Gunners of Pe-2 are as effective as before. In careless attacks, they damage the engine or burn the plane. I try to shoot from long distances.

I previously attacked supply Pe-2 on the deck at high speed, came close and got engine damage.

Not all gunners are at same AI level, it varies. With luck you get the sharpshooter but I can`t recall exact percentages for different AI. 

Nice shooting Muskat!

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Not all gunners are at same AI level, it varies. With luck you get the sharpshooter but I can`t recall exact percentages for different AI. 

Nice shooting Muskat!

25%-low, 50%-medium, 25%-high, no ace

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

25%-low, 50%-medium, 25%-high, no ace

Is this for TAW specifically?

and is this AI setting for all of the gunners in your plane?  or each individual one?