=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

14 minutes ago, =AVG77=REDMAN said:

i did read it, are the people who donated money having these problems? I've never had a problem before, this is a mess. 

Read it closer.

Posted (edited)

I don't need to read anymore, not worth the aggravation. I came here to fly and enjoy myself now that's gone. the server is no longer full and i still keep getting kicked.

Edited by =AVG77=REDMAN
  • Upvote 1

I tried to join with 68/84 people and still getting kicked. I've read both the manual and the changelog and can't see a good reason why I am getting kicked...

• Like 1

And so it begins already.  I can't login and play on the server because there are too many Axis players.  Even though the game is not full I cannot play.

It appears it will be an easy choice to not support TAW in the upcoming contributor cycle.  Maybe Combat Box will be the next.

JG51_Ogg 

CO JG51Molders

Just now, =X51=vaudoo said:

I tried to join with 68/84 people and still getting kicked. I've read both the manual and the changelog and can't see a good reason why I am getting kicked...

there are more Axis players than Allied players.  It was an excellent choice to make was it not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, =X51=vaudoo said:

I am a red player.... Shouldn't I be able to join to even out the teams????

yes I guess you should.  Bias balancing.  LOL  sorry with the logs I assumed you were blue.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, =X51=vaudoo said:

del

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1

Posted (edited)

Hello all, TAW start lets enjoy this new edition.

Salute to all you pilots.

Edited by 666GIAP_Necathor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Necathor said:

Hello LG.

Is normal that you loose one map in only 3 missions? For me there are something wrong.

Regards,

No one has won a map yet?

Posted (edited)

Sorry guys but the level of experience of the enemy Flak is set at a too much high level.

These are infallible snipers that do not permit any kind of low level attack without killing you sistematically from 2-3 km away. Tried to get close to a enemy tank column ( already heavily damaged ) and get killed from 2 km away by Mister Chuck Norris that was manning the only flak gun left...same story with the Bf 110 against another target.

Realistic ok, heavy and intense ok but these guys do not miss a single shoot...this has no sense with only 3 lives available ( and now just 1 left because I've attempted to do my duty )...you can play as much carefull as you want soon as you get close you're crippled by bullets...come on...realistic ok but it must be also playable...

Edited by SKG210_Werner_Molders
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, JG51_Ogg said:

Since it's inception in 1992 BoseGeshwader26 and JG51Molders have always flow Axis aircraft.  We are not going to "change side to balance the game" because the Allied players cannot field enough players that will consistently fly Allied.

This is not the server problem. There are many ppl that fly both sides, and among them there are people that prefer German planes yet they fly allied many times in order to have an enjoyable game experience for everyone. What gives you more rights to play that side than those guys? If anything those players should be prioritized from time to time since they switch to keep a good environment in the server. You can't be this close minded, afterall you pay for both sides' planes when you buy the game, and if you played allied you might even find a type of plane that fits your style even.

You aren't forced to fly allied side... but if you can't enter because axis side is full then not much you can do... allied side is available though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 12

15 minutes ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

This is not the server problem. There are many ppl that fly both sides, and among them there are people that prefer German planes yet they fly allied many times in order to have an enjoyable game experience for everyone. What gives you more rights to play that side than those guys? If anything those players should be prioritized from time to time since they switch to keep a good environment in the server. You can't be this close minded, afterall you pay for both sides' planes when you buy the game, and if you played allied you might even find a type of plane that fits your style even.

You aren't forced to fly allied side... but if you can't enter because axis side is full then not much you can do... allied side is available though.

While I agree with the opinion, why buy a game and not fly both sides, forcing players is just as bad or worse...they need to lock people into a side, this whole flippin sides is bush league...bet on a horse and stick to it

Posted (edited)

Dear Admins,

can you check what is wrong with the airfield targets? They are not under attack.

3.5 Airfields and cities

Airfield is a vital strategic point on the map. If tank column captures the city it also capture nearby airfield. Airfields are very well defended by the strong AA. You should attack them

Edited by Norz

10 minutes ago, Banzaii said:

While I agree with the opinion, why buy a game and not fly both sides, forcing players is just as bad or worse...they need to lock people into a side, this whole flippin sides is bush league...bet on a horse and stick to it

Switching in a day to day basis is not good yeah, I meant it more towards switching after each campaign (or early on and stick to it for the rest of campaign). As I say they aren't forced to, but the choice to play is there, since they have the option available complaining because they can't play one particular side as if it was an all-or-nothing situation in a stubborn way is what I critique.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

This particular problem

IS A server problem. 

Little do you know, I do fly Allied rides to familiarize myself with them.  I do have all the planes including the collector planes.  Others in our squad have training with myself as aggressor flying Allied rides because they can't afford to purchase all the different air-frames.  That being said, JG51Molders has a standing agreement that, during our squad nights and squad sorties we fly only German aircraft.  We always have and we always will.  This makes us an Axis squad on a server that makes us choose between Axis and Allied.  We fly on the Knights of the Air server to train with our squad.

To say someone that switches side every time should be prioritized over someone who has always flow one side is just as stupid as it sounds.  Gee George let's beat little Timmy because he doesn't want to eat peas with his dinner, but we'll reward little Mikey for impregnating 6 girls in 3 months.  That's how stupid that suggestion is.

And yes I can be this closed minded when it comes to this subject.  I'm too damn old to give a shit about being politically correct.

PS when the server has 25 Allied and 35 Axis players it's not a full queue on either side.  I'm being punished for your lack of flying Allied.  Now shut your pie hole and fly.

>S<

JG51_Ogg

CO JG51Molders

Edited by JG51_Ogg
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

Posted (edited)

And to exaggerate the point. here it is from the server that holds 84 slots  Notice only 77 slots being used.  But the server is full.

Elapsed time 00h 18m
SERVER IS FULL
Allied side is full

35 : 42

Edited by JG51_Ogg

31 minutes ago, JG51_Ogg said:

And to exaggerate the point. here it is from the server that holds 84 slots  Notice only 77 slots being used.  But the server is full.

this is just a discrepancy between what website shows and what really is. I noticed it too 30 mins ago when trying to join while my buddy was already in the server. Server is full while website shows there are still a few places left.

- Website shows 77 players online but does not show the spectators (aka, it shows the players who actually picked side and/or who actually spawned)

- Website has some delay or might somehow not be precise to the number

Posted (edited)

The level of the AAA is too high!
Approach in the Stuka, startet the dive in 3000 m, overthrow with 650 km/h and the Radar and Laser controlled Anti-Aircraft kills one in the fall. Thats a Joke.

Edited by 1./JG42flesch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JG51_Ogg said:

That being said, JG51Molders has a standing agreement that, during our squad nights and squad sorties we fly only German aircraft.  We always have and we always will.  This makes us an Axis squad on a server that makes us choose between Axis and Allied. 

• Therefore you have to accept not to fly axis when axis team is full. And "ruining" the game experinece of +500 people, because 8 people disagree, seems a bit odd to me. 😋
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 9

9 minutes ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

"ruining" the game experinece of +500 people,

Why would they?

6 minutes ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

• Therefore you have to accept not to fly axis when axis team is full. And "ruining" the game experinece of +500 people, because 8 people disagree, seems a bit odd to me. 😋

No, we don't have to accept anything.  We can fly elsewhere.  But thanks for your comments.  I will file them where they belong.  In the peanut gallery. 

Oh wait.  Here are some emoticons, since you seem enjoy them 🤗😋😘😚.

Again, I don't need to suffer restrictions and arbitrary punishment because someone thinks I ought to.  

I think I'll start a server where members are required to shoot themselves in the kneecap whenever they are shot down.  You know, for realism.  That way they can go through an actual recovery and simulate injury.

I think it's a bit much.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

It's very-very good)

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

It's very-very good)

In brief: " Das ist Scheiße " :)

3 hours ago, SKG210_Werner_Molders said:

Sorry guys but the level of experience of the enemy Flak is set at a too much high level.

These are infallible snipers that do not permit any kind of low level attack without killing you sistematically from 2-3 km away. Tried to get close to a enemy tank column ( already heavily damaged ) and get killed from 2 km away by Mister Chuck Norris that was manning the only flak gun left...same story with the Bf 110 against another target.

Realistic ok, heavy and intense ok but these guys do not miss a single shoot...this has no sense with only 3 lives available ( and now just 1 left because I've attempted to do my duty )...you can play as much carefull as you want soon as you get close you're crippled by bullets...come on...realistic ok but it must be also playable...

58 minutes ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

Approach in the Stuka, startet the dive in 3000 m, overthrow with 650 km/h and the Radar and Laser controlled Anti-Aircraft kills one in the fall. Thats a Joke.

1 time is a case, 2 times it's a suspect...let's wait for report #3 that will make it a proof! :)

• Like 1

The start of TAW has been great fun! Thanks for the new campaign. I don't know if I'm being totally obtuse but am I missing where to see how many of our three lives are remaining? Or is that system not happening quite yet?

13 minutes ago, AirshowDisaster said:

I don't know if I'm being totally obtuse but am I missing where to see how many of our three lives are remaining? Or is that system not happening quite yet?

You can see your remaining lives in your TAW profile

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, FlygFan said:

You can see your remaining lives in your TAW profile

Found it - thank you!

The early phase of the conflict is fantastic. Low level, close-up turnfighting with plenty of machineguns going wild. It's a shame that airfields aren't totally working just yet but I'm sure that'll be sorted in due course.

Edited by AirshowDisaster

JG51Molders, you already mentioned the solution to your problem - go fly elsewhere. Nobody is entitled to fly on TAW, it is just an opportunity and not an inalienable right.

Being civil in your communication with others has nothing to do with being "politically correct", it is common courtesy.

If I were the admin of TAW, I'd never change the rules because someone tried to aggressively bully me into submission. Good luck with your conflict resolution skills.

Now I will "shut my hole", take my opinion to "the peanut gallery" and go flying. I hope you will, too.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2019 at 3:15 PM, =LG=Kathon said:

New TAW camping starts on Sunday 12.05 about 10:00 UTC.

Change log:of “suicidal” sorties there are 3 lives for each map (there are 8 maps in total during the campaign). If pilot dies, captured or disco his live counter is reduced

Got it!

Edited by JG7_X-Man

Hello I have a problem, the server banned me being in the plane selection for a minute.

After that time it will not let me in and he ejects me from the server repeatedly.

There are LG's on the server but they do not respond to my squadmate's queries.

If you can solve my problem, I thank you.

7 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

This "3" deaths per map is too tight. Thus, if I die my next flight - I cannot play TAW again until Map #2, that is 2 weeks from today.

You get one life back every 24 hours. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

The last death got me thinking admin. This "3" deaths per map is too tight. Thus, if I die my next flight - I cannot play TAW again until Map #2, that is 2 weeks from today.

If I may suggest, 1 life per 1 or 2 map cycles. This is after all just a game,  sometimes "real life" gets in the way of our hobby - I think waiting a week to fly again is a little long. 

You should read changelog more carefuly, because it says:

"Every time “Lives on map” counter (shown in pilots hangar) <= 0 then pilot has 24 hours time penalty. After this penalty counter is increased by 1 so he may fly again".

Just now, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Not from what I understand after asking Kathon.  If you used up your 3 lives for a map, you have to wait 24 hours to get back to 1 life.  It does not go up (above 1) from there, until the next map of course.

So basically, after you use up your lives in a map, you can only get back one life (for that map).  Die and it’s 24 hours until that 1 life comes back.

Airfields bug (no Attack/Defense icon, no damage to building) has been fixed.

Number of players on the TAW web page doesn't show all players (I'm working on it)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Yay! I guess I need to read better.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SKG210_Werner_Molders said:

In brief: " Das ist Scheiße "

Sei mutig 😂

• Haha 1

Hi Kathon.

Could you please verify this: "Every time “Lives on map” counter (shown in pilots hangar) <= 0 then pilot has 24 hours time penalty".

It seems you get a ban if your live counter >0 but <1. For example for 0.53 you will still get a ban.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Sei mutig 😂

Mein Mut hat mich schon zwei Flugzeuge gekostet! 😂 😂 😂 ( Translation: " My courage is already costed me two aircraft! " )

2 minutes ago, 72AG_Obi said:

Hi Kathon.

Could you please verify this: "Every time “Lives on map” counter (shown in pilots hangar) <= 0 then pilot has 24 hours time penalty".

It seems you get a ban if your live counter >0 but <1. For example for 0.53 you will still get a ban.

Makes sense as your only partly alive.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Did no one told to the TAW admins that LW pilots are immortal and millenary? 😂 😂 😂