Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

Just now, =SqSq=switch201 said:

 

For the defensive positions, I don't think the bunkers count for anything. Your main target are the artillery and vehicles at the defensive position. I think you only get points for those things plus flak.

Thanks for information i wasted my time hitting bunkers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -=PHX=-Geo- said:

Thanks for information i wasted my time hitting bunkers...

No its workink like this:

Bunkers wich are connected with tunnels count to buldings and have to be destroyed. There are some bunkers without tunels and they are cosmetics/fake ones that arent counted as ground kill

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, [JG52t]whitecrow said:

I don't know what changed for blue, but yesterday was the most coordinated action I have ever seen on the Axis side in TAW.   I was running attackers most of the evening, and I had near constant fighter cover, as well as groups preemptively taking out AA and focusing on objectives.    

It was like playing a different game.   Keep it up, blue! 


This always happens Map #1. Red are at a disadvantage in the planeset. It's easy to be coordinated and have umbrella coverage over target when it's 3v1. Let's see what happens when Reds come out to play. 

 

"Lack of coordination" is not just a Blue problem. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my first TAW I have flown in, but i am regretting choosing axis over allies due to the imbalance. 

Is there a way to correct the axis bias, or are we stuck with it throughout?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 1./KG4_OldJames said:

This is my first TAW I have flown in, but i am regretting choosing axis over allies due to the imbalance. 

Is there a way to correct the axis bias, or are we stuck with it throughout?

 

From the manual: It’s possible to register two different accounts: one for Allied and one for Axis. To switch between them please update il2sturmovik.com account to match account on TAW. If you don’t want to update il2sturmovik.com account then you have to change names of your accounts on TAW page.

 

 

Steps:

  1. Goto https://il2sturmovik.com/account/ and change your game name slightly.
  2. Goto http://taw.stg2.de/login.php?page=register and create a new account with the SAME NAME as the one you just updated to on https://il2sturmovik.com/account/. You can use bogus email, but remember the email address to login to this new account.
  3. ?????
  4. PROFIT

 

 

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear admins.

On this map #2, I would like if you can balance the numbers of fighters on red side compare with the blue side.

BF109E7x2 compare with i16x2

BF109F2x1 compare with Mig3 ser24x1

MC.202x1 compare with P40x1

BF109F4x1 compare with ...........maybe you can give us another Mig or a Lagg3.

 

Thank you for your effort.

 

Regards,

Necathor

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that you know about the COOP in the first maps... this is just a farse.

Goodbye P-40 fighter. Cya in map #3 (dont have time today anyway)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JG4_Widukind said:

Guys yesderday many blue Squads was flying in biger Numbers and i saw first time a good Teamplay.

Lets play this Way and let us fly and not subscribe 50Letters here.

Widu Ändä and Mola Mola!

 

ok you're right and look happy  ( i was going to say : finally)  so have fun between  blues in training style mission :)

 

Quote

 

Given that you know about the COOP in the first maps... this is just a farse.

Goodbye P-40 fighter. Cya in map #3 (dont have time today anyway) 

 

 

do not sleep too long, Map 3 will probably come very fast too 🤣

Edited by NN_Oscar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Historically the ratio of I-16s to MiG-3 was about the same. VVS were moving away from the I-16, and for the ones in existence the type 28 and 29 were now in production and in active service. I’d say that there should be an extra MiG on the Russian side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why the admins/mission creators implement changes without giving out some patch notes beforehand. It would prevent unnecessary changes and snafu situations like we have now. It's mind boggling to me that this plane setup went through any type of "quality control". 

 

5 hours ago, [JG52t]whitecrow said:

I don't know what changed for blue, but yesterday was the most coordinated action I have ever seen on the Axis side in TAW.   I was running attackers most of the evening, and I had near constant fighter cover, as well as groups preemptively taking out AA and focusing on objectives.    

It was like playing a different game.   Keep it up, blue! 

 

The 3/1 ratio might have helped...

Edited by Operatsiya_Ivy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3/1 ratio? When I was on Sunday afternoon and evening it was 45vs35, and later 40vs40.

 

Thats hardly 3/1. Will get a pic next time. 

 

When did you play, European morning? 

 

Even right now it's 14vs14.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LLv34_adexu said:

That would mean that hits which I make, wouldn't be registered to the other client?

But if others see and or feel hits from their client, is that still me having lot of packet loss?

Really started wonder if you are paid youtuber by 1C 🤔..


What of that answer gave you that impression.

I honestly don't know how the netcode works in detail. In other games when you have a lot of packet loss or latency it can happen that shots don't count since the server assumes that you "never really shot" or that you didn't hit.
Just google "BF4 TV missile dusting" for that. Since its a good example.

It was just an answer based on my knowledge and the info you provied in your texts.

Paid. Lol I wish.

 

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry too SSsniper on friendly fire . Miss took you for enemy P40 . It's not a common thing with me . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

It's 26-7 right now.  If you're flying German just assume that anything you see is friendly and don't shoot.

 

 

And 0 of them are in TS comms. 

 

 

PS: holy fuqq the blues have bad ground attacker etiquette, you wake up AA, and then dont stay to leash it so it will instantly retrain on the attackers 

Instead of not waking up the AA or leashing it once you do, flying attackers for blue sure is fun. 

russian bias.jpg

 

 

Aaand back to VVS

Edited by Cpt_Siddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@=LG=Kathon

Could you please check something out. Mission #21 both Russian tank columns destroyed (tank icons disappeared from map). But on Mission #22, the tanks were back and disabled both the AFs they were attacking. Is this something new that has changed? 

Edited by StG77_Kondor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 1./KG4_OldJames said:

This is my first TAW I have flown in, but i am regretting choosing axis over allies due to the imbalance. 

Is there a way to correct the axis bias, or are we stuck with it throughout?

Ive flown alotve red in TAW, they typicslly win it seems, my boys decided to try blue and see if we could make a dent.  Unsure if many native red squads did the same thing.  Only time will tell if blue stays interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Banzaii said:

Ive flown alotve red in TAW, they typicslly win it seems, my boys decided to try blue and see if we could make a dent.  Unsure if many native red squads did the same thing.  Only time will tell if blue stays interested. 

Perhaps I shall stay put with blue then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

 

 

And 0 of them are in TS comms. 

 

 

PS: holy fuqq the blues have bad ground attacker etiquette, you wake up AA, and then dont stay to leash it so it will instantly retrain on the attackers 

Instead of not waking up the AA or leashing it once you do, flying attackers for blue sure is fun. 

(snip)

 

Aaand back to VVS

 

Would like to thank everyone in that screenshot for some great battles, as well as a series of unwitting german victims last night. Great fights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

 

 

And 0 of them are in TS comms. 

 

 

PS: holy fuqq the blues have bad ground attacker etiquette, you wake up AA, and then dont stay to leash it so it will instantly retrain on the attackers 

Instead of not waking up the AA or leashing it once you do, flying attackers for blue sure is fun. 

 

Aaand back to VVS

You sure give up easily, I thought you were going to show the blues how it`s done. Because blue planes are so easy mode against the red ones 😉

 

Well, see you in the skies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 1./KG4_OldJames said:

This is my first TAW I have flown in, but i am regretting choosing axis over allies due to the imbalance. 

Is there a way to correct the axis bias, or are we stuck with it throughout?

its not even nearly as bad on first maps as it was few campaigns ago. I remember taking off very often as one of 3 reds against 40+ blue on first 2 maps. 

This campaign at least during my flying was more or less balanced : like 40 blue agianst 35 red, 15 blue against 13 red...

Blue  are showing very good team work keep it up!

 

P.S.

at this moment is 7 blues to 14 reds.

anyway when bos aircraft will be avialable it'll be even more balanced

 

 

Edited by Carl_infar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

3/1 ratio? When I was on Sunday afternoon and evening it was 45vs35, and later 40vs40.

 

Thats hardly 3/1. Will get a pic next time. 

 

When did you play, European morning? 

 

Even right now it's 14vs14.

 

That's only at peak times mostly due to the limitation system. I am pretty sure the Admins can provide player stats again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

You sure give up easily, I thought you were going to show the blues how it`s done. Because blue planes are so easy mode against the red ones 😉

 

Well, see you in the skies!

 

When the people i tried to fly with categorically refuse to come to TAW ts, i don't really care at this point.  Whole blue team was farmed by 6 randoms in TS.

 

 

1 hour ago, No.615_Kai_Lae said:

 

Would like to thank everyone in that screenshot for some great battles, as well as a series of unwitting german victims last night. Great fights. 

 

Yeah, you had awesome teamwork, i joined you the nexst map and got an ACE flying with you 😄  Fun was had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

 

When the people i tried to fly with categorically refuse to come to TAW ts, i don't really care at this point.  Whole blue team was farmed by 6 randoms in TS.

 

Rrright 😀

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

It's 26-7 right now.  If you're flying German just assume that anything you see is friendly and don't shoot.

Hope that's not directed at me mate . ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2018 at 9:29 PM, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

this is a sim game. Balance has no place in it. 

if you want to fly alone yes! You can forget about balance.

I think plane set on 2 map is not fair! I think we had to ignore F4 on this map! Only loosers will fly it!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:

@=LG=Kathon

Could you please check something out. Mission #21 both Russian tank columns destroyed (tank icons disappeared from map). But on Mission #22, the tanks were back and disabled both the AFs they were attacking. Is this something new that has changed? 

 

It's been the same with blue tanks. They've kept pushing so fast, usually two columns at the same time, so there was no chance in hell to destroy them. It was a big reason for Russia being steamrolled, aside from the player numbers.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, No.615_Kai_Lae said:

 

Would like to thank everyone in that screenshot for some great battles, as well as a series of unwitting german victims last night. Great fights. 

Do not break your engine before you get hits from 109s next time plz! ;)

 

5 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

 

When the people i tried to fly with categorically refuse to come to TAW ts, i don't really care at this point.  Whole blue team was farmed by 6 randoms in TS.

 

 

 

Yeah, you had awesome teamwork, i joined you the nexst map and got an ACE flying with you 😄  Fun was had.

Is it possible to switch side middle of the run? If you were registered as Axis.. I think 2 randoms from Axis saw 4 of you at one point. Sneaky move to sneak and prop hang like that ;) 

Asking about side switch, because I thought about it when saw the "balance" of players.

Edited by LLv34_adexu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inkoslav said:

 

It's been the same with blue tanks. They've kept pushing so fast, usually two columns at the same time, so there was no chance in hell to destroy them. It was a big reason for Russia being steamrolled, aside from the player numbers.

There is something like bug. today i attacked russian tank column and it disapear on map but there was a plenty of tanks left so probably tanks arent gone ine reality but only on tactical map. Kathon you should look at this.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inkoslav said:

 

It's been the same with blue tanks. They've kept pushing so fast, usually two columns at the same time, so there was no chance in hell to destroy them. It was a big reason for Russia being steamrolled, aside from the player numbers.


I assumed it was also happening with Blue tanks but I didn't have an exact mission # for Kathon to look at.
 

6 minutes ago, =L/R=Coldman said:

There is something like bug. today i attacked russian tank column and it disapear on map but there was a plenty of tanks left so probably tanks arent gone ine reality but only on tactical map. Kathon you should look at this.


Yes, exactly what happened in Mission #21. Eastern Red column attacking Mozhaisk only received ~15% damage but icon disappeared. Then next map it's alive and well and shutting down the AF. But then in Mission #22 the same column was damaged heavily, maybe ~5 tanks or so left, and the icon still remained. So it's not always taking away the icon with just a little damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe this is happening in general as well. We were covering a bridge last night when it disappeared from the map, only for someone to say that he was looking right at it and it was intact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, No.615_Kai_Lae said:

I believe this is happening in general as well. We were covering a bridge last night when it disappeared from the map, only for someone to say that he was looking right at it and it was intact.

 

Also many Axis planes disappeared near that bridge :^) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

Concerning balanced numbers

 

1534184986_Verhltnis.thumb.PNG.3a9ee1b2a254e93358d7c4ec27a6bcea.PNG

Red's attitude torwards early planset?  "Oooh my I-16 or P40, is so worthless."........ suck less and play. I would love to be in a p40 right now over a stuka, but choices were made this round.

Edited by Banzaii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Banzaii said:

Red's attitude torwards early planset?  "Oooh my I-16 or P40, is so worthless."........ suck less and play. I would love to be in a p40 right now over a stuka, but choices were made this round.

 

Someone who has nearly as many deaths as ground objectives destroyed probably shouldn't tell others to "suck less" 🤔

  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

 

Someone who has nearly as many deaths as ground objectives destroyed probably shouldn't tell others to "suck less" 🤔

 

flames-clipart-pi5GqqkiB.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

Concerning balanced numbers

 

1534184986_Verhltnis.thumb.PNG.3a9ee1b2a254e93358d7c4ec27a6bcea.PNG

the balance is anyway much, much better than many campaigns I remember for the first two maps (which by the way many of them red won...).

On most campaigns the maps without the bos planes were less populated by Reds.

I might be wrong but I dont remeber You complaining about it while flying blue side.

Only complaining that the red plains are biased and due to it the blue side is loosing and not due to blue hartman type gameplay….;)

Edited by Carl_infar
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good afternoon, I have such a question. Tell me please, is this option for red pilots, how to return home in most cases after an emergency landing on the territory of the enemy has already been canceled? Or is it just so unlucky for me? I had three emergency landing and in all three cases was captured? There is the impression that under each bush a German soldier is waiting, in order to capture the Soviet pilot in captivity.:russian_ru:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Carl_infar said:

the balance is anyway much, much better than many campaigns I remember for the first two maps (which by the way many of them red won...).

On most campaigns the maps without the bos planes were less populated.

 

It is pretty much the same give or take. I don't quite remember the numbers from last campaign though the squadrons switching each time are unbalanced which is partly a reason for it with the usual higher random player numbers for Blue. Since last campaign, the mechanics changed drastically which only gives us one comparable one really. It looks like it favors steamrolling maps though due to the higher tank spawn rate. While the team with a number disadvantaged was still able to weaken a single tank column in the past, you now have 2-3 of them rolling at you.

 

25 minutes ago, Carl_infar said:

I might be wrong but I dont remeber You complaining about it while flying blue side.

Only complaining that the red plains are biased and due to it the red are winning and not blue hartman type gameplay….

 

Apparently you get me wrong. I am not complaining about the numbers at all. I actually prefer flying with a numerical disadvantage!. However, doing a laudation about how great the blue team is working together (which btw is true as far as i can tell with most blue players organised in squadrons) without mentioning the numerical advantage is window dressing.

 

I also don't understand where you get the notion from that i complained that there is a bias for red planes? I think you need to read that particular comment you are probably referring to with greater care. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...