=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

@=LG=Kathon

Could you please check something out. Mission #21 both Russian tank columns destroyed (tank icons disappeared from map). But on Mission #22, the tanks were back and disabled both the AFs they were attacking. Is this something new that has changed? 

Edited by StG77_Kondor

10 hours ago, 1./KG4_OldJames said:

This is my first TAW I have flown in, but i am regretting choosing axis over allies due to the imbalance. 

Is there a way to correct the axis bias, or are we stuck with it throughout?

Ive flown alotve red in TAW, they typicslly win it seems, my boys decided to try blue and see if we could make a dent.  Unsure if many native red squads did the same thing.  Only time will tell if blue stays interested. 

1 hour ago, Banzaii said:

Ive flown alotve red in TAW, they typicslly win it seems, my boys decided to try blue and see if we could make a dent.  Unsure if many native red squads did the same thing.  Only time will tell if blue stays interested. 

Perhaps I shall stay put with blue then. 

4 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

And 0 of them are in TS comms. 

PS: holy fuqq the blues have bad ground attacker etiquette, you wake up AA, and then dont stay to leash it so it will instantly retrain on the attackers 

Instead of not waking up the AA or leashing it once you do, flying attackers for blue sure is fun. 

(snip)

Aaand back to VVS

Would like to thank everyone in that screenshot for some great battles, as well as a series of unwitting german victims last night. Great fights. 

And 0 of them are in TS comms. 

PS: holy fuqq the blues have bad ground attacker etiquette, you wake up AA, and then dont stay to leash it so it will instantly retrain on the attackers 

Instead of not waking up the AA or leashing it once you do, flying attackers for blue sure is fun. 

Aaand back to VVS

You sure give up easily, I thought you were going to show the blues how it`s done. Because blue planes are so easy mode against the red ones 😉

Well, see you in the skies!

15 hours ago, 1./KG4_OldJames said:

This is my first TAW I have flown in, but i am regretting choosing axis over allies due to the imbalance. 

Is there a way to correct the axis bias, or are we stuck with it throughout?

its not even nearly as bad on first maps as it was few campaigns ago. I remember taking off very often as one of 3 reds against 40+ blue on first 2 maps. 

This campaign at least during my flying was more or less balanced : like 40 blue agianst 35 red, 15 blue against 13 red...

Blue  are showing very good team work keep it up!

P.S.

at this moment is 7 blues to 14 reds.

anyway when bos aircraft will be avialable it'll be even more balanced

Edited by Carl_infar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

3/1 ratio? When I was on Sunday afternoon and evening it was 45vs35, and later 40vs40.

Thats hardly 3/1. Will get a pic next time. 

When did you play, European morning? 

Even right now it's 14vs14.

That's only at peak times mostly due to the limitation system. I am pretty sure the Admins can provide player stats again. 

45 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

You sure give up easily, I thought you were going to show the blues how it`s done. Because blue planes are so easy mode against the red ones 😉

Well, see you in the skies!

When the people i tried to fly with categorically refuse to come to TAW ts, i don't really care at this point.  Whole blue team was farmed by 6 randoms in TS.

1 hour ago, No.615_Kai_Lae said:

Would like to thank everyone in that screenshot for some great battles, as well as a series of unwitting german victims last night. Great fights. 

Yeah, you had awesome teamwork, i joined you the nexst map and got an ACE flying with you 😄  Fun was had.

36 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

When the people i tried to fly with categorically refuse to come to TAW ts, i don't really care at this point.  Whole blue team was farmed by 6 randoms in TS.

Rrright 😀

8 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

It's 26-7 right now.  If you're flying German just assume that anything you see is friendly and don't shoot.

Hope that's not directed at me mate . ??

On 6/23/2018 at 9:29 PM, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

this is a sim game. Balance has no place in it. 

if you want to fly alone yes! You can forget about balance.

I think plane set on 2 map is not fair! I think we had to ignore F4 on this map! Only loosers will fly it!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:

@=LG=Kathon

Could you please check something out. Mission #21 both Russian tank columns destroyed (tank icons disappeared from map). But on Mission #22, the tanks were back and disabled both the AFs they were attacking. Is this something new that has changed? 

It's been the same with blue tanks. They've kept pushing so fast, usually two columns at the same time, so there was no chance in hell to destroy them. It was a big reason for Russia being steamrolled, aside from the player numbers.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, No.615_Kai_Lae said:

Do not break your engine before you get hits from 109s next time plz! ;)

5 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Yeah, you had awesome teamwork, i joined you the nexst map and got an ACE flying with you 😄  Fun was had.

Is it possible to switch side middle of the run? If you were registered as Axis.. I think 2 randoms from Axis saw 4 of you at one point. Sneaky move to sneak and prop hang like that ;) 

Asking about side switch, because I thought about it when saw the "balance" of players.

Edited by LLv34_adexu

1 hour ago, Inkoslav said:

It's been the same with blue tanks. They've kept pushing so fast, usually two columns at the same time, so there was no chance in hell to destroy them. It was a big reason for Russia being steamrolled, aside from the player numbers.

There is something like bug. today i attacked russian tank column and it disapear on map but there was a plenty of tanks left so probably tanks arent gone ine reality but only on tactical map. Kathon you should look at this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Inkoslav said:

I assumed it was also happening with Blue tanks but I didn't have an exact mission # for Kathon to look at.

6 minutes ago, =L/R=Coldman said:

There is something like bug. today i attacked russian tank column and it disapear on map but there was a plenty of tanks left so probably tanks arent gone ine reality but only on tactical map. Kathon you should look at this.

Yes, exactly what happened in Mission #21. Eastern Red column attacking Mozhaisk only received ~15% damage but icon disappeared. Then next map it's alive and well and shutting down the AF. But then in Mission #22 the same column was damaged heavily, maybe ~5 tanks or so left, and the icon still remained. So it's not always taking away the icon with just a little damage.

I believe this is happening in general as well. We were covering a bridge last night when it disappeared from the map, only for someone to say that he was looking right at it and it was intact.

4 minutes ago, No.615_Kai_Lae said:

I believe this is happening in general as well. We were covering a bridge last night when it disappeared from the map, only for someone to say that he was looking right at it and it was intact.

Also many Axis planes disappeared near that bridge :^) 

38 minutes ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

Concerning balanced numbers

1534184986_Verhltnis.thumb.PNG.3a9ee1b2a254e93358d7c4ec27a6bcea.PNG

Red's attitude torwards early planset?  "Oooh my I-16 or P40, is so worthless."........ suck less and play. I would love to be in a p40 right now over a stuka, but choices were made this round.

Edited by Banzaii

1 hour ago, Banzaii said:

Red's attitude torwards early planset?  "Oooh my I-16 or P40, is so worthless."........ suck less and play. I would love to be in a p40 right now over a stuka, but choices were made this round.

Someone who has nearly as many deaths as ground objectives destroyed probably shouldn't tell others to "suck less" 🤔

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

Someone who has nearly as many deaths as ground objectives destroyed probably shouldn't tell others to "suck less" 🤔

flames-clipart-pi5GqqkiB.jpeg

3 hours ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

Concerning balanced numbers

1534184986_Verhltnis.thumb.PNG.3a9ee1b2a254e93358d7c4ec27a6bcea.PNG

the balance is anyway much, much better than many campaigns I remember for the first two maps (which by the way many of them red won...).

On most campaigns the maps without the bos planes were less populated by Reds.

I might be wrong but I dont remeber You complaining about it while flying blue side.

Only complaining that the red plains are biased and due to it the blue side is loosing and not due to blue hartman type gameplay….;)

Edited by Carl_infar
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Good afternoon, I have such a question. Tell me please, is this option for red pilots, how to return home in most cases after an emergency landing on the territory of the enemy has already been canceled? Or is it just so unlucky for me? I had three emergency landing and in all three cases was captured? There is the impression that under each bush a German soldier is waiting, in order to capture the Soviet pilot in captivity.:russian_ru:

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Carl_infar said:

the balance is anyway much, much better than many campaigns I remember for the first two maps (which by the way many of them red won...).

On most campaigns the maps without the bos planes were less populated.

It is pretty much the same give or take. I don't quite remember the numbers from last campaign though the squadrons switching each time are unbalanced which is partly a reason for it with the usual higher random player numbers for Blue. Since last campaign, the mechanics changed drastically which only gives us one comparable one really. It looks like it favors steamrolling maps though due to the higher tank spawn rate. While the team with a number disadvantaged was still able to weaken a single tank column in the past, you now have 2-3 of them rolling at you.

25 minutes ago, Carl_infar said:

I might be wrong but I dont remeber You complaining about it while flying blue side.

Only complaining that the red plains are biased and due to it the red are winning and not blue hartman type gameplay….

Apparently you get me wrong. I am not complaining about the numbers at all. I actually prefer flying with a numerical disadvantage!. However, doing a laudation about how great the blue team is working together (which btw is true as far as i can tell with most blue players organised in squadrons) without mentioning the numerical advantage is window dressing.

I also don't understand where you get the notion from that i complained that there is a bias for red planes? I think you need to read that particular comment you are probably referring to with greater care. 

Also many Axis planes disappeared near that bridge :^) 

That however was due to perfectly valid reasons, as we violenced their boats

41 minutes ago, Klever said:

Good afternoon, I have such a question. Tell me please, is this option for red pilots, how to return home in most cases after an emergency landing on the territory of the enemy has already been canceled? Or is it just so unlucky for me? I had three emergency landing and in all three cases was captured? There is the impression that under each bush a German soldier is waiting, in order to capture the Soviet pilot in captivity.:russian_ru:

I always thought that if a red pilot landed anywhere, his odds of not being captured should be greater than an axis pilots chances.

55 minutes ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

I also don't understand where you get the notion from that i complained that there is a bias for red planes? I think you need to read that particular comment you are probably referring to with greater care. 

Thats why I wrote if remember correctly and i mighty be wrong.

As for campaign mechanic, wasn't it changed last campaign so its same for current and previous campaign?

And the team play is much  better to what I've seen 2 campaigns ago when I also was flying blue.

anyway as for blance now its 50 reds to 31 blues and I cant join , its  disconnecting me :( 

(but I dont know why my wife is happy about it)

Edited by Carl_infar

Looks like 31 blue vs 49 red at the moment. Is this the right place to complain about it?

4 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Looks like 31 blue vs 49 red at the moment. Is this the right place to complain about it?

Russian player base has woken up after the weekend? Anyway 3:2 or something like that is ok in my books, when it was 15:1 for blue side it actually made me think about going red...

13 minutes ago, LLv44_Mprhead said:

Russian player base has woken up after the weekend? Anyway 3:2 or something like that is ok in my books, when it was 15:1 for blue side it actually made me think about going red...

Well, it isn't really bothering me. But since many are complaining about something, I thought to give it a shot 😉

So many people bothering about this. I am just happy to be able to fly in this kind of missions. While it is true that the balance has gone the other way now, we should not worry about it. We are fighting a war and we need to take out objectives, patrol areas and etc. That is the daily win, to make it home after a mission. 

Please, I am not disrespecting any opinion here, I find them all valid. It is good to see such competitivism but don't take this to another level. At the end of the day we are all on the same boat flying the same sim and tomorrow we could be virtual allies or enemies. This is for everyone, for the Reds who don't want to fly because of the numbers and for tor the blues too.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by LF_ManuV
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Congrats on adding more 109 F4s the absence of this plane in the early maps was one of the only reasons I played on your server.

At least I had a reason to fly the F2 and the campaign was all the more enjoyable on the Russian side.

What's the next step? G14 on map 3?

That's a terrible choice...

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

Spoken in true fashion from someone too good to support the ground war.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Banzaii said:

Spoken in true fashion from someone too good to support the ground war.

If you have nearly as many deaths as ground targets destroyed, you're not doing much to support the ground war either.

10 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Congrats on adding more 109 F4s the absence of this plane in the early maps was one of the only reasons I played on your server.

At least I had a reason to fly the F2 and the campaign was all the more enjoyable on the Russian side.

What's the next step? G14 on map 3?

That's a terrible choice...

You should also complain that the 109s can remove the headrest, because rear vision is so OP! Its a pity that a prominent core group of red flyers from WOL outright scoff at considering to fly on any other server.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JGr8_Leopard said:

Why not +1CM? 

Reveal hidden contents

666.png

5555.png

44444.png

вы сделали сопли на полный аэродром? последний рейс длился 15 минут 

4 hours ago, JaffaCake said:

You should also complain that the 109s can remove the headrest, because rear vision is so OP! Its a pity that a prominent core group of red flyers from WOL outright scoff at considering to fly on any other server.

I'm not only flying red you genius

3 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

I'm not only flying red you genius

That was a really bad Counter Argument 

11 minutes ago, SCG_DR1FT3R said:

That was a really bad Counter Argument 

We can agree on that. Not sure what's with the German fanboys who consider anyone whos not agreeing with them a Russian Fanboy.

I mean I played last campaign on the German side and never complained about the lack of very powerful planes, hell I even like flying the E7.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy
  • Like 1