=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

27 minutes ago, ECV56_Chimango said:

Some blue-only guys who are very active at the forums can be defined with one simple example:  Lagg-3 in TAW.

The 109F4 is faster, climbs like an F-15, accelerates like a rocket, out dives the Lagg and also turns better, it's better in every single aspect performance-wise, also being able to carry 2x20mm gunpods, yes, 3x20mm total on a prime (best) fighter during 41'...but ohhh,  the Lagg-3 can have 23mm...so "ban that OP gun!" (unfortunately TAW admins bent to that demand as well)

Same people who loves easy kills, same people who loves stacking sides and fighting 50-8, same people who calls the P-47 an UFO while asking for the 109K4, etc.

Generally it's funny, sometimes it becomes really annoying.

@Chimago the famous troll....

Please if you are playing another game do not bother to write in this section. Please keep your personal problem to yourself. if you want to downgrade the discussion to your level not everybody can tolerate that. 

You are not ironic or smart. You are just being sarcastic. Bad quality to a man.

Sorry for my language.

I know it hurts that why I will recommend to you some painkillers.

You can try Panadol Extra preferable, nurogesic 500, lonarid N, or oxynorm and even oxycotin, although I am not really sure that they can help with your problem.

More suitable could be stesolid, Xanax or Efexor 

😂😂😉

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

To try to at least add to the topic: At the end of the day this is a game, and it's not intended to recreate actual war conditions. If it were, things like Russian numbers superiority would be somehow modeled, or Axis running out of fuel in '45 or whatever. At the end of the day for the game to be fun then server admins need to create a more-or-less balanced set of maps and attract a more-or-less balanced player population on both sides. This is more important than historical 'accuracy' since without these elements no-one will play or it will be much less fun.

I'm excited to hear about the plans for a BoBP map. That will eventually provide a very natural place for the higher powered late-war aircraft to have some fun. I realized last night while flying an advanced P-47 superfighter UFO (LOL!) that one thing I really like about TAW is it forces you to play a bit slower. You have to work through each map's plane set, to slowly upgrade your capabilities over several maps. I am looking forward to flying the I-16 because it's such a *fun* aircraft. I also look forward to 'earning' a P-47 or Spitfire and having some fun in those planes too.

My thanks to the TAW organizers for doing a difficult job and putting in a lot of work to create a fun, balanced, meaningful server for us to play on.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

To try to at least add to the topic: At the end of the day this is a game, and it's not intended to recreate actual war conditions. If it were, things like Russian numbers superiority would be somehow modeled, or Axis running out of fuel in '45 or whatever. At the end of the day for the game to be fun then server admins need to create a more-or-less balanced set of maps and attract a more-or-less balanced player population on both sides. This is more important than historical 'accuracy' since without these elements no-one will play or it will be much less fun.

I'm excited to hear about the plans for a BoBP map. That will eventually provide a very natural place for the higher powered late-war aircraft to have some fun. I realized last night while flying an advanced P-47 superfighter UFO (LOL!) that one thing I really like about TAW is it forces you to play a bit slower. You have to work through each map's plane set, to slowly upgrade your capabilities over several maps. I am looking forward to flying the I-16 because it's such a *fun* aircraft. I also look forward to 'earning' a P-47 or Spitfire and having some fun in those planes too.

My thanks to the TAW organizers for doing a difficult job and putting in a lot of work to create a fun, balanced, meaningful server for us to play on.

This is exactly what I was saying @Alonzo and this approach is the correct one. I like the German planes more than the allied, that is why I said K4. I am not complain for the guns, FM, DM although I may found some moments strange. I do not characterise nobody. I just asked a simply question and I was attacked like I have insulted the intelligence of some people, or their divine.

For me it is a game and I have nothing to prove. I do not invest on that because I do believe that it is not worth to invest to something that keeps away from reality. That is why I play only when my friends are in the lobby. (well to say the truth sometimes I try multiplayer servers as by myself 😉 sssshhh!)

It is not a sport it is not a hobby. It a way to spent some time with my friends. So I am trying to have us much fun as I can have. That's why I am very grateful to the Hosts that they gave us the opportunity to have fun.

tnx

@Daedalos

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ECV56_Chimango said:

Some blue-only guys who are very active at the forums can be defined with one simple example:  Lagg-3 in TAW.

The 109F4 is faster, climbs like an F-15, accelerates like a rocket, out dives the Lagg and also turns better, it's better in every single aspect performance-wise, also being able to carry 2x20mm gunpods, yes, 3x20mm total on a prime (best) fighter during 41'...but ohhh,  the Lagg-3 can have 23mm...so "ban that OP gun!" (unfortunately TAW admins bent to that demand as well)

Same people who loves easy kills, same people who loves stacking sides and fighting 50-8, same people who calls the P-47 an UFO while asking for the 109K4, etc.

Generally it's funny, sometimes it becomes really annoying.

You know what helps? 

ignoring stupid comments and focus on arguments that actually are sound and valid. I know some people really enjoy to jump at the smallest chance to stir up some unnecessary discussion but still. 

You are confusing two different lines of argumentation, which frankly really bothers me. Mainly because it makes things even worse especially because i think someone like you, who frequents the forum quite regularly, should know better.

You are building up a balance discussion when most people are against the 23mm because it is simply unhistorical (unrealistic or whatever you want to call it). Not because it is too strong. Same goes for multiple other examples.

General rule: Don't feed the trolls.

Edited by Operation_Ivy

27 minutes ago, Operation_Ivy said:

You are building up a balance discussion when most people are against the 23mm because it is simply unhistorical (unrealistic or whatever you want to call it). Not because it is too strong. 

I believe the arguments were "there were only handful of them in the wild", while happily having Stukas with 37mms in first map. 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 335th_GRDaedalos said:

@Chimago the famous troll....

Just put him on your ignore list like most of us do. All of his posts are complaining about "blue whining" and that reds dont get enough "goodies"

• Upvote 1

Exactly Siddy. And please, Ivy don't, not again this never ending "historical" arguement, if you wanna go historical, then on first maps give LW 25 slots and 55 to VVS, just to show an example.

I'm not confusing anything, the truth is every time VVS has a little advantage, it is followed by tons of forum crying most of the time unjustified. Pe2 gunners this, Vya23mm that, red AAA this and that. They fully forget all those advantages they have, and pick on the very few the other side has. It makes me remember old il2 1946, LW would be happy having massive advantage during most maps, seal clubbing VVS planes in their F4s, G2s and A4s...till La5FN showed up and then it was all about the "uber plane paranoia".

I love TAW and it is the best server...but lately has become a "campaign on demand" and i don´t like that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, 335th_GRDaedalos said:

You cannot force people to flip side by saying things like that.

😉

You sure can, sign up sheets. When one side is getting stacked on a side in a time zone that side halts recruiting.

1 hour ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

You sure can, sign up sheets. When one side is getting stacked on a side in a time zone that side halts recruiting.

honestly last TAW was fairly balanced till the later maps and a lot of people seem to be going red now so it should be better. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Banzaii said:

Can we expect BoBo aircraft in this TAW?

Yes, A-8, G-14, Spit IX and P-47.

Probably on the last two maps. 

New TAW campaign starts on Sunday 25.11.2018 at about 11:00 UTC

Change log:

• Kuban map: roads and bridges have been fixed. New front line at the beginning of the map.
  • Pilot gets the Combat Mission also by air assist or damaging ground unit.
  • If server is full and pilot ends his sortie as Killed or Captured then he is removed from the server. This will increase rotation of the players and it will be easier to join the server during busy hours.
  • Enemy airfield is able to self-repair using its supplies after two consecutive mission without being attacked. The rate of airfield self-repairing has been reduced a little bit.
  • Tank convoy, which is close to the enemy city (about 15km)  will not attack this city (it will not move forward for one mission) if defense position is in “Good” status after that mission. The defense position status is “Good” if it has more than 70% of its total strength.
  • Limiter: when there is a big difference in numbers of players between sides then front line airfields are not available (closed) for bigger side. Players are forced to takeoff from the further airfields. The limiter also takes into account number of pilots that took off from the front line airfields. When they ends their sorties and number of “front line pilots” is lower than calculated limit then airfields are opened again. The limiter is inactive for the first 15 minutes when everyone is joining the server and when bigger side has less then 10 pilots. Border airfields are not closed by the limiter. It’s allowed to land on the airfield closed by the limiter. To distinguish between airfields temporarily closed by the limiter and airfields closed from the beginning of the map (not allowed to land)  please check the mission briefing or TAW website map.
  • The Ju-52 is no longer CM+1 plane. The pilot will get a new Ju-52 with other aircraft every time he collects 3 CM.
  • Different experience points for destroying different type of: tanks, vehicles, AA and aircraft (manual will be updated later)

• Number of tank convoys depend on the time. Less convoys when low number of players and possible more convoys when high number of players on the server.
  • Number of GAZ-AA M4 has been reduced in tank convoys.
  • No email required during registration 
  • Plane set: table is not ready yet but in general: limited I-16 with 20mm on map#1, no F-4 on map #2,  some BoBP planes on map #8

Registration is open.

Good luck!

:salute:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 10

first

Yay, now lets see if axis get less people this time so i can join it with clean conscious. 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy

1 hour ago, =LG=Kathon said:
  • Limiter: when there is a big difference in numbers of players between sides then front line airfields are not available (closed) for bigger side. Players are forced to takeoff from the further airfields. The limiter also takes into account number of pilots that took off from the front line airfields. When they ends their sorties and number of “front line pilots” is lower than calculated limit then airfields are opened again. The limiter is inactive for the first 15 minutes when everyone is joining the server and when bigger side has less then 10 pilots. Border airfields are not closed by the limiter. It’s allowed to land on the airfield closed by the limiter. To distinguish between airfields temporarily closed by the limiter and airfields closed from the beginning of the map (not allowed to land)  please check the mission briefing or TAW website map.

This here is specially nice. Can't wait to test it :)

Thank you Kathon!

• Upvote 1

Got my bus ticket! Hollywood, here I come!

1 hour ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

first

Yay, now lets see if axis get less people this time so i can join it with clean conscious. 

Does that mean the cat herd will have to carry on without you?

10 minutes ago, Psyrion said:

I don´t like people getting kicked for dying at all.

I don't like it either, but it's stated it only happens when the server is full.  Then again, the 5 minute dead-or-captured penalty kind of sucks too.

Maybe one day internet technology and netcode will allow unlimited players on and we won't have to put up with things like this. 

17 minutes ago, Psyrion said:

I don´t like people getting kicked for dying at all.

Then don't die and you should be fine

3 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Then don't die and you should be fine

Got anymore obvious and useless comments?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

Got my bus ticket! Hollywood, here I come!

Does that mean the cat herd will have to carry on without you?

what are the odds that axis will be underdog in terms of numbers? 

17 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

what are the odds that axis will be underdog in terms of numbers? 

I mis-read what you said then. 

I took it that you already registered as Axis and were hoping that the balance would prove to somehow be different this time.

But yeah, the odds of Ally reg. numbers equaling or exceeding Axis reg. numbers are the same as the chance you'll miss if you punch yourself in the face.

Baaaarrrbaaarrric MotherF###cking WEEEAASELLLSS!!!!!!!!

I hope it will be playable, because there are serious problems with  performance in WOL after patch.

Edited by 307_Tomcat

This will be fun!

Great changes overall. I'm glad to here about the "Kicked if you die" addition. Like Kathon said, this will make the rotation better for those who are trying to get in. I feel like it will also encourage the need to stay alive aswell. I welcome any harsh punishment to those who die or get captured, as it simulates in some way that you actually 'Died" and you fucked up, and you need to do better and remember that there are punishments for when you die.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, ACG_Nightrise said:

Remember to not die. 

I'll laugh so hard when the server is full and all the Allied pilots are weeded out, leaving 84 Axis pilots on.  Some of those Axis pilots will not notice right away and get itchy for a fight.  Server Report: Allies won Map #X  due to Axis friendly fire. :wacko:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Garven_Dreis said:

P-47 with pinups get you to stay red?;)

nah man, we didn't feel like playing whack-a-mole with SCG and PHX again. It was all mole and no whack last campaign.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

New TAW campaign starts on Sunday 25.11.2018 at about 11:00 UTC

Change log:

Limiter: when there is a big difference in numbers of players between sides then front line airfields are not available (closed) for bigger side. Players are forced to takeoff from the further airfields. The limiter also takes into account number of pilots that took off from the front line airfields. When they ends their sorties and number of “front line pilots” is lower than calculated limit then airfields are opened again. The limiter is inactive for the first 15 minutes when everyone is joining the server and when bigger side has less then 10 pilots. Border airfields are not closed by the limiter. It’s allowed to land on the airfield closed by the limiter. To distinguish between airfields temporarily closed by the limiter and airfields closed from the beginning of the map (not allowed to land)  please check the mission briefing or TAW website map.

I hope the limiter will be disabled for a nation when all available airfields are frontline airfields...

Deci

3 hours ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

I'll laugh so hard when the server is full and all the Allied pilots are weeded out, leaving 84 Axis pilots on.  Some of those Axis pilots will not notice right away and get itchy for a fight.  Server Report: Allies won Map #X  due to Axis friendly fire. :wacko:

I hope that the LGs will include the max number of pilots each side. It doesn't have to be 50/50 . Something like max 48-55 pilots of 84 server limit could be good to be allocated to red and blue side.

Unless we want to go historical nad have max 20 blue ;) 

(I'm kidding of course - to all who might not get the joke) 

• Upvote 2