Oh well, next week (Not for sure), but hoping :popcorm:.

Summer Holidays in the northern hemisphere.

Relax, beaches, swimming pool, cocktails, sea, sun and more 🙂 

Let's give the devs a small break.

21 hours ago, danielprates said:

This probably means that next week we will be getting pure dynamite.

It means we’re not getting an update. 

Hope springs eternal!

What about a DD this week? Perhaps some news about the surprise cockpit customisation announcement?!

7 minutes ago, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

Hope springs eternal!

What about a DD this week? Perhaps some news about the surprise cockpit customisation announcement?!

Hope not, that feature is absolutely pointless. I hope it was a joke from the Jason. Picture in the cockpit, are you serious guys? We need important things and not such rubbish.

• Confused 4
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, namhee2 said:

OK, we start the next round

yx9zwyhl.jpg

These flight simmers are crazy...

1 minute ago, Voidhunger said:

I hope it was a joke

I'm inclined to agree. while nice to have, I can't imagine it was at the top of anyone's feature wishlist...

• Upvote 1

Getting a requested, if non-vital, feature as a surprise - and you complain? For shame!
Once again it must be repeated - features do not exist in, nor are they developed in a zero-sum vacuum. Improving the AI does not mean that the map will arrive slower, delays in cockpit textures will not affect the flight model - and just as there are unexpected pitfalls in development there can also be unexpected windfalls.

My first thought when I saw Jason's post about the photographs was that it implies some sort of (much requested) ability to mod the cockpit textures or other similar improvement that was necessary or desired, and opened up for the ability to add this nice-to-have feature as well. This is how development works, not Jason wringing his hands at the desk and commanding with ill intent.

"Han-minion! Develop PICTURES IN THE COCKPIT! >:)"
"But sir, I am developing the Hurricane and four-engine bombers!"
"Yes I know, HA! BIN IT! WE SHALL HAVE PICTURES!"

Don't be ridiculous.

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, Luftschiff said:

Getting a requested, if non-vital, feature as a surprise - and you complain? For shame!
Once again it must be repeated - features do not exist in, nor are they developed in a zero-sum vacuum. Improving the AI does not mean that the map will arrive slower, delays in cockpit textures will not affect the flight model - and just as there are unexpected pitfalls in development there can also be unexpected windfalls.

My first thought when I saw Jason's post about the photographs was that it implies some sort of (much requested) ability to mod the cockpit textures or other similar improvement that was necessary or desired, and opened up for the ability to add this nice-to-have feature as well. This is how development works, not Jason wringing his hands at the desk and commanding with ill intent.

"Han-minion! Develop PICTURES IN THE COCKPIT! >:)"
"But sir, I am developing the Hurricane and four-engine bombers!"
"Yes I know, HA! BIN IT! WE SHALL HAVE PICTURES!"

Don't be ridiculous.

Seriously, picture in the cockpit? 🙂. I can clearly see snooky pictures or other bizzare things in youtube videos now. It will be nice combo with the desert,red or other bizzare skins over eastern or western map.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Luftschiff said:

Don't be ridiculous.

This is the thread in which we are ridiculous, for 194 pages & counting now!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

This is the thread in which we are ridiculous, for 194 pages & counting now!

A fair point, I'll grant you!  
What I meant was: Don't be rude ☺️

Just now, Luftschiff said:

Don't be rude

I wasn't :)

2 hours ago, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

I'm inclined to agree. while nice to have, I can't imagine it was at the top of anyone's feature wishlist...

See?

Just now, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

I wasn't :)

See?

No you weren't! Void was, however, and my remark was directed thataways. Carry on good sir!

Nah, you've taken all the fun out of it now.

I'll just be sulking over here till there's another DD.

Much requested??? a handful of people yes, but much requested?...

Anyway, for those that wanted it, happy days... they now have that option, and more options are always welcome 😁

Now we know 'more options' are on the menu, how about something that 'is' much requested... proper radio comms menu?

• Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

Probably it was requested feature and i missed it, but It seems to me like complete waste of time, even if there was spare time to do it. but ok if people wanted it.🙂

Edited by Voidhunger

Sounds like someone just got dumped and doesn't know what to put in his cockpit now. (grumble grumble....waste of resources...grumble).

• Haha 2

Awe I would love to have a pic in my pit.  I miss it from CLoD.  

they need to allow to have a personal touch to our planes. Something to make it ‘my plane’

little knick-knack her or there... something as simple as placing my lucky numbers on the tail of my ship back in old IL-2(not so simple atm though)

sure there were army/airforce restrictions ‘contraband’ or ‘uniform code’.   But hey I’m sure the devs and modellers would like to have their own touch as well?  

Cool to fly the old birds... but when it’s yours, it feels more personal :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, spartan85 said:

Awe I would love to have a pic in my pit.  I miss it from CLoD.  

they need to allow to have a personal touch to our planes. Something to make it ‘my plane’

little knick-knack her or there... something as simple as placing my lucky numbers on the tail of my ship back in old IL-2(not so simple atm though)

sure there were army/airforce restrictions ‘contraband’ or ‘uniform code’.   But hey I’m sure the devs and modellers would like to have their own touch as well?  

Cool to fly the old birds... but when it’s yours, it feels more personal :)

yeah I wanted that from the Rof time, good running engine, you will be gentle on on it, you dont want to loose it. That is personal plane. Something like Walter Schuck described in his book about better running Bf109 he kept for himself, but maybe if I put a picture with A-train(from the TV series The Boys), I will be even faster😉 (but it will be inappropriate to have in german WW2 plane)

Edited by Voidhunger

1 minute ago, Voidhunger said:

yeah I wanted that from the Rof time, good running engine, you will be gentle on on it, you dont want to loose it. That is personal plane. Something like Walter Schuck described in his book about better running Bf109 he kept for himself, but maybe if I put a picture with A-train(from the TV series The Boys), I will be even faster😉

Gosh.. to go even further... imagine having aircraft persistence...  that would be next level.

battle patches during mission when R&R is made available... would be fun.  I mean how many spare planes would the airfield have on reserve anyway?

aircraft log books would be cool for single player career mode.

showing what work was done, little comments from your maintenance crew chief giving you heck for putting holes in his plane..:)

Maybe limitations for aircraft till next break in mission?  

Maybe that would be too rpg style for some..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The idea of having unique airplanes is interesting.

Imagine if the airplanes had a number, as they did in real live, every one of them would have their own story.
I don't now if you could stick to the same or if it would be available for other players, but I think just because of that, having a number, a history, some players would treat them differently. Maybe with more care to not be shot down, not to lose "that" plane.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, spartan85 said:

Gosh.. to go even further... imagine having aircraft persistence...  that would be next level.

battle patches during mission when R&R is made available... would be fun.  I mean how many spare planes would the airfield have on reserve anyway?

aircraft log books would be cool for single player career mode.

showing what work was done, little comments from your maintenance crew chief giving you heck for putting holes in his plane..:)

Maybe limitations for aircraft till next break in mission?  

Maybe that would be too rpg style for some..

This.... would be awesome. However, it sounds more like a third party kind of thing

About time for a DD tomorrow. 227 was released 26th July.

Mapolololo!

1 hour ago, II./JG77_HankDG said:

This.... would be awesome. However, it sounds more like a third party kind of thing

Well I know in PWCG the aircraft are serialized... it’s pretty cool. So if your ship gets downed, you’re assigned a new one:)

I hope we get some P-51 / Map pics! We need those! Also Phanter!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, =FSB=HandyNasty said:

4K damage textures please, so I can start enjoying getting shot at.

You can enjoy it right now in planes with 4k textures

Edited by Voidhunger

8 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

You can enjoy it right now in planes with 4k textures 

You sure about that? I just took out my D9 (pretty confident that has 4K skin) and the damage textures really look non-4K-like.

If they are 4K already, then I guess I'll never enjoy getting shot at 😕

2 minutes ago, =FSB=HandyNasty said:

You sure about that?

Yep! he's sure.

2 minutes ago, =FSB=HandyNasty said:

You sure about that? I just took out my D9 (pretty confident that has 4K skin) and the damage textures really look non-4K-like.

If they are 4K already, then I guess I'll never enjoy getting shot at 😕

ICDP had recently shown the individual damage patterns and these are also revised with each 4k model.

Wololo for a new DD !

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

After last week I doubt we will see anything today.

1 minute ago, AeroAce said:

After last week I doubt we will see anything today.

and what about that multilanguage massage from Jason?