11 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

What 5 airplanes you would have available for axis that are already not in game ? if they have to go 5x5dlc with new map its imposible to have Battle of Malta. At some point they should think about making just map and maybe few airplanes for it with SP campaign on that map, as sone they will not have airplanes for axis side for interesting dlcs if they stick to this 5x5+map way we have

Would be happy with this route as an interim before they go to the Pacific

The more I think about it, the more I really like the idea of Korea.

props, jets, carriers, maybe even the odd helo. I want to see the PTO too, but wherever the studio chooses to go next I cannot see myself being too disappointed.

The only thing I do find slightly disappointing is that BoB is off the table, I understand the reasons why, but VR + BoX style career mode would have made it a worthwhile venture in my opinion

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Herne said:

The more I think about it, the more I really like the idea of Korea.

props, jets, carriers, maybe even the odd helo. I want to see the PTO too, but wherever the studio chooses to go next I cannot see myself being too disappointed.

The only thing I do find slightly disappointing is that BoB is off the table, I understand the reasons why, but VR + BoX style career mode would have made it a worthwhile venture in my opinion

Man, if they make Korea next (Mig15, Sabre, F84, Vampire etc.) I would literally shit my pants out of joy.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi

2 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

At some point they should think about making just map and maybe few airplanes for it with SP campaign on that map, as sone they will not have airplanes for axis side for interesting dlcs if they stick to this 5x5+map way we have

Exactly. Someone just needs to make the map and add a single player campaign for it. We will already have everything else for it after BoBP is finished. 

In the mean time....

A3-C7-ABB7-681-B-4185-AEDD-197-E2280-D74

For Korea if you wont 5v5 then you have to have early and late war as for N.Korean side you would not have 5 airplanes if you go with late war, and if you go with early war you aint gona have MiG15s and Sabers. So then you have to have map size ~800x500km thats double size of bobp map and that one is biggest map in game, also you have to fix bug with 9.5km visability, you have to be able to handle B-29s even as AI, and flak over ships... i dont expect to go to Korea as it will need some big improvments to game engine... biggest probablity, if not some PTO, is well get some late 1945 east front as its easy to make for this game, it can fill 5v5 on both side and give vvs late war fighters and it takes no big fixes to game to make it. 

• Upvote 1

As much as I like IL-GB and support it, the engine is really in a need of serious upgrade.

We need four engine bombers and large formations of AI.

New contect is cool but can only keep your interest for so long if the gameplay is stale.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, 77.CountZero said:

For Korea if you wont 5v5 then you have to have early and late war as for N.Korean side you would not have 5 airplanes if you go with late war, and if you go with early war you aint gona have MiG15s and Sabers. So then you have to have map size ~800x500km thats double size of bobp map and that one is biggest map in game, also you have to fix bug with 9.5km visability, you have to be able to handle B-29s even as AI, and flak over ships... i dont expect to go to Korea as it will need some big improvments to game engine... biggest probablity, if not some PTO, is well get some late 1945 east front as its easy to make for this game, it can fill 5v5 on both side and give vvs late war fighters and it takes no big fixes to game to make it. 

Saying things like the visibility range being a bug completely discredit your post. You know very well it's an engine limitation, or rather a design decision to keep performance manageable for the bulk of users.

No need to lie to make a point.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

And besides, being able to see as far as 10km is no small thing. I remember other sims showing planes farther than that, but I also remember they being mere boxy pixels.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, anonymouse said:

No need for early and late war releases. Server owners can always make early and late war scenarios by restricting aircraft. 5v5 planeset is enough, even though it would be always nice to get few additional collector planes. Also what do you mean the NK side would not have 5 planes? NK had plenty of interesting planes that served in the war. 

AI B-29s aren't really needed since they were quickly restricted to night operations after the MiG-15 appeared. Korea would be a tactical scenario, just like Bodenplatte with many fighter-bombers and attack aircraft as well as a couple light bombers.

The only things that might cause problems are the low render distance and big map size. Anyway here's my topic in suggestions:

If you wont to have atleast 5 airplanes for N.Korea you have to have whole Korea map , and tats then making double size of any map now in game, thats big undertake.

All thouse prop airplanes you listed for n korean side didnt get used after first few months.

leve korea for dcs, they just need map of Nort part and its done, this game cant handle it without big game limitation fixes

3 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Saying things like the visibility range being a bug completely discredit your post. You know very well it's an engine limitation, or rather a design decision to keep performance manageable for the bulk of users.

No need to lie to make a point.

bug game limitation same thing, 9.5km vis range is lafably small and only in this game as it was like that in rof

Edited by 77.CountZero

Considering the planeset that we currently have, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up going to Normandy..

Italy would be my first choice as the next location but I'm excited to hear what the devs have next.

Korea is the only proposal suggested so far that I would definitely pass on. No interest what so ever.

Personally, I think that the beginning of 22nd June 1941 with Operation Barbarossa would be a reasonable suggestion. Currently there is no beginning and end .....

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

As long as we get to fly from a carrier in VR I don't mind if it's Korea, the Med. or the Pacific.:)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 77.CountZero said:

bug game limitation same thing, 9.5km vis range is lafably small and only in this game as it was like that in rof

Yeah...NO.

1) Bugs are unintentional and typically are addressed based on priority and resources.

2) Game engine limitations are just that, limitations. Changing those without a big impact to everything else is usually very difficult and requires large investments of time and money. It's typically a last resort move because of that.

3) A game design choice is intentional but maybe not as hard to change as a limitation. It just needs to be addressed based on the impact to the rest of the game. In this case they have determined that 10km is the best balance between performance and gameplay. Changing it in either direction would have a higher negative impact on the other component than the benefit you gain from the change. (E.g. they could increase distance to 20 km at any time but you would get 15fps. The community would be up in arms saying the game is broken and unplayable).

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, namhee2 said:

Personally, I think that the beginning of 22nd June 1941 with Operation Barbarossa would be a reasonable suggestion. Currently there is no beginning and end .....

I'd like that.  But after doing the uber planes for Bodenplatte, that would be a very tough sell. Having gone for the money and jumping straight to the end of the war, they will surely find they either need to move sideways and do the Pacific or stay on the uber trail and do Korea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, namhee2 said:

Nah, the eastern front is far from finished. It bore the brunt of the WW2 fighting and in game terms we not even came to the timeframe when the pendulum switched and the soviets overwhelmed the nazis. The fancy soviet stuff is still to be seen in this game. We at least need a 1944 (Bagration 3/44 - 9/44) and a 1944/45 (Vistula to Berlin 10/44 - 4/45) timeframe to close these chapters in the east before thinking about the four/three lost one sided months 6/41 to 8/41.

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, sevenless said:

Nah, the eastern front is far from finished. It bore the brunt of the WW2 fighting and in game terms we not even came to the timeframe when the pendulum switched and the soviets overwhelmed the nazis. The fancy soviet stuff is still to be seen in this game. We at least need a 1944 (Bagration 3/44 - 9/44) and a 1944/45 (Vistula to Berlin 10/44 - 4/45) timeframe to close these chapters in the east before thinking about the four/three lost one sided months 6/41 to 8/41.

I'd very much like to see that as well. Close the soviet chapter out. Really would love to see yak-3's and yak-9's, La-7s, all types of stuff. Would also like to see some new soviet bombers, il-4 maybe. Something bigger than the pe-2.

We are kind of out of planes for germany though. There's still variants left but not a whole lot else. Really I rather just see a yak-3/yak-9t or something as a collector for online.

Edited by JgonRedcorn
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Sharpe43 said:

Considering the plane set that we currently have, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up going to Normandy..

You misspelled *Norway*. Seriously, Scandinavia and the Baltic would be an interesting direction to go with. Russia invaded Finland in late 1939 and the region saw extensive action throughout the war.

If not a full blown new map possibly a career path or Scripted Campaign such as Gambit's Havoc over Kuban. I'd like to see some love shown the earlier aircraft we currently have in game such as the Bf110 and Ju87 for example. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, sevenless said:

Yes, while I agree that there is still plenty more content that could be had from the eastern front, I also welcome a break from it. 

pacific and korea offer interesting new plane sets for both sides, with fewer variations of existing models.  I'll be happy wherever we go though

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Korea would be a no go for me, not interested in the air war of Korea so I won't buy. The Pacific is one I'm looking forward to but I'd prefer if they did one more Western European/Med expansion to accompany Bodenplatte before going to the Pacific. Normandy would be my first choice due to the tie in to Bodenplatte and Italy would be second, though imo Italy/Med deserves a few expansions all to itself.

Edited by Legioneod
  • Upvote 2

Any map and theatre of War will be fine for me.

First, because I still want to support this so extraordinary project

Secondly because I already know that we will be impressed by new graphics and models of planes/tanks/building etc...etc...

Again a great thanks to Jason and all the Team!!!!👍

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gordon200 said:

You misspelled *Norway*. Seriously, Scandinavia and the Baltic would be an interesting direction to go with. Russia invaded Finland in late 1939 and the region saw extensive action throughout the war.

If not a full blown new map possibly a career path or Scripted Campaign such as Gambit's Havoc over Kuban. I'd like to see some love shown the earlier aircraft we currently have in game such as the Bf110 and Ju87 for example. 

Well, actually Soviet Union did not invade Finland in 1939 in Winter War.  Finnish Army gave them one hell of a resistance.  In Moscow Peace in March 1940  we lost abt. 10% of our country.  But you are right.  During the years 1939-1944 there were quite a lot of air combats between Soviet and Finnish pilots.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gordon200 said:

Norway would bring a lot of planes to desire. 

Mosquito, Beufighter, HE 115, Arado 196 and planes we already have. 🚢 attacks Even carrierbased operations. 

2 hours ago, Manoxerox said:

Well, actually Soviet Union did not invade Finland in 1939 in Winter War.  Finnish Army gave them one hell of a resistance.  In Moscow Peace in March 1940  we lost abt. 10% of our country.  But you are right.  During the years 1939-1944 there were quite a lot of air combats between Soviet and Finnish pilots.  

The fierce resistance probably saved northern part of Norway from being part of Soviet and made them think twice doing anything in Scandinavia. Salute 

• Like 1

I don't want jets and maps like Korea.

I want to fly an I-153, a Fw 189, a Hurricane, B-239, Arado Ar 196. To name a few earlier planes

Over Finland, Lybia, Malta.

Hopefully we stick to WWII.

• Upvote 9

No need to discuss all this, the Asiatic-Pacific Theatre has to be next.

The postponement and BoBP were reasonable steps, but there are no excuses after BoBP has been finished. A scenario like the Papua & New Guinea Campaign 1942/43 is within their capabilities and definitely researchable. We have been waiting for three years.

Anything else would be a slap in the face of each and every user - including those not interested in the Asiatic-Pacific Theatre.

• Upvote 4

I am also most looking forward to PTO

. Carrier Ops would add so much to an already great game!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, =27=Davesteu said:

Anything else would be a slap in the face of each and every user - including those not interested in the Asiatic-Pacific Theatre.

Er, I'm not that interested in an Asiatic-Pacific Theatre, and it certainly would not be a slap in my face... It would in fact leave them open to concentrate on the Malta air battle for instance.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Er, I'm not that interested in an Asiatic-Pacific Theatre, and it certainly would not be a slap in my face... It would in fact leave them open to concentrate on the Malta air battle for instance.

It would be, unless you do not care about the sincerity and trustworthiness of a company you are doing business with.

This isn't about personal preferences.

Edited by =27=Davesteu

I love the idea of flying off carriers but would be happy with a Mediterranean theatre even if they had to avoid carriers due to the Axis not having any or maybe just put a stationary HMS Illustrious somewhere (unless they want to pretend 'Graf Zeppelin' got launched and sent there) They would need to build a gladiator and Mossie and Beaufort and Hurricane and some Italian bombers and fighters but most of the German aircraft are here already.

Alternatively North Africa (with very little Med included) would be reasonably easy as we have a P40 and 109s,110s etc. though it would need a Hurricane and its tankbuster variant.  It would also give scope for combined ops with tanks.   Yes I know that doing that theatre would tread on Team Fusions toes.

I will be honest,  I don't know much about Greece and Italy.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I will be honest,  I don't know much about Greece and Italy.

couple of IL2 careers could fix that ;)

2 minutes ago, Herne said:

couple of IL2 careers could fix that ;)

Yes, it could. All we really need is the maps and maybe the S.M 79  😉

I have my preferences too - but will support wherever they may decide to go...with the exception of Korea. That would be truly disappointing to me if they decide to abandon WWII and go there instead, so count me in the please NOT Korea group as well.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I'd like an italy campaign for sure, could get some early p-47's. The map could be very cool.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Redwo1f said:

so count me in the please NOT Korea group as well.

Korea is coming, be sure... Jason was pretty enthusiastic about it on his interview with Froogle!

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Korea is coming, be sure... Jason was pretty enthusiastic about it on his interview with Froogle!

yes, its just a question of when, and even when they do it doesn't have to  mean job done for WWII stuff.

Edited by Herne

Italy seems like a natural segue if the tech isn't ready for the PTO yet. Larger warships, plenty of new aircraft (Do217, Me410, Mosquito, B-26), and plenty of opportunities for naval attacks. Plus, maybe we could even get our hands on this bird...

Image result for a-36 apache

• Upvote 4

Yup, I agree, Italy is a super sexy choice - FANTASTIC plane set, terrific terrain - great conflict - checks all the boxes for me. That would be my first choice if not Pacific related. 👍😎

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

For a campaign map, what I'd like to see is a theatre of war with the longest possible periods of conflict, to totally maximise the timescale for campaigning, and diversity of historical aircraft flyable. North Africa, Malta/Sicily and most obviously the Channel Front (Dunkirk to the Channel Islands, London to Falaise) would be ideal, as would Leningrad or the Kola Peninsula and Murmansk.

The Russians are more than ready for the Yak-3, La-7 and Tu-2. The USA could use an all-round fleshing out (P-51A, P-51B, P-47C, B26 Marauder etc) relative to their immense contribution, and the Brits are still looking more than a little naked in terms of diversity and numbers... Spitfire XIV, Mosquito FBVI, Meteor I/III, Tempest IB are all late war icons.

Maybe it's time to suspend the 10-planes-a-map-and-a-campaign dev cycle and get some maps in play that will come with campaigns on a "when they're done" basis, and smaller plane sets where the emphasis is on building more scenario diversity. That will probably require introducing more iconic aircraft outside out of the 5x5 format.

46 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

For me, if we go to Korea without fleshing out WWII I will be bitterly disappointed. There's too much of the story missing.

And If I am bitterly disappointed...

I will get drunk and raise hell in the first thing that gets released through early access :drink2:

Edited by Johnny-Red
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Yep would be very interesting to hear an official statement about their future plans after BoBP. I guess end of fall might be the time when the curtain goes up.