novicebutdeadly

You know you are addicted to il2 when.......

1 hour ago, [9thSS]BlackRaven said:

There was a spot in my fornt windshield i used it as a gun sight 

maaan lot of cars in my city took great damage through my imaginary 20mm 

I always do this. I have absolutely no idea why though.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, angus26 said:

I always do this. I have absolutely no idea why though.

Because you are mentally deranged like the rest of us 🤣 

Seriously though, there would be so many smoking wrecks on the side of the road if my windshield cannon was real...

• Haha 2

We may have the spirits of former fighter pilots

Odd how some of us gravitate toward one type of plane even tho it's not the best in the line up.

To me the Bf109 feels familiar but the Fw190 feels like my childhood bedroom so comfortable and arranged just the way I remember it.

36 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

....you steal a Dash 8 Q400 and pretend it's a Pe-2?  I'm just waiting for the media to blame flight-sims and the U.S. government outlaws our hobby because of this guy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6060109/Seattle-plane-hijacker-trying-emulate-pilot-grandfather.html

Jason

its one more argument against click pits I guess

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

I'm just waiting for the media to blame flight-sims and the U.S. government outlaws our hobby because of this guy.

BVmgLlf.jpg

• Haha 14
  • Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, BOO said:

its one more argument against click pits I guess

I never click links to the Daily Mail - it makes you go blind you know.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Actual conversation between myself and non-flight simmer.

"Hey, what's that bird over there?"

"Oh, it's a Stuka bird."

Silence.

"Kingfisher, I mean."

Image result for kingfisher nz

• Haha 4

When you throw away your headset and jump up from the chair and swear this was the last time you played this ****%%%// game then you start your next sortie 5 minutes later knowing nothing can shoot you down any more because you've seen it all and you'll pay attention from now on.

Rinse and repeat......

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

When you start to re-organize your digital squadron on paper at the real work place and finally someone asks you what you are doing.

"Organising the squadron stuff for improving on the next missions."

"Which missions?" he asked

You pull out your mobile cell phone, show the last good mission you flew out with your buddies and telling him:

"The war is not over, we have to keep up the air superiority over Moscow area, what is very hard at the moment."

Than your work guy is lifting up his eyebrows and getting this unnatural smile as seen in movies, when someone thinks your opponent is gone mad or so

Happend today :)

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 10:33 PM, Jason_Williams said:

....you steal a Dash 8 Q400 and pretend it's a Pe-2?  I'm just waiting for the media to blame flight-sims and the U.S. government outlaws our hobby because of this guy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6060109/Seattle-plane-hijacker-trying-emulate-pilot-grandfather.html

Jason

I think it was only a matter of time an idiot that thought he could do that got the opportunity to do so. He may have got a away with a Cessna but that plane HELL NO!!!!

Edited by AeroAce

When you drive a car and want to use VR zoom to make cars ahead bigger to recognize their types.

When you drive in a rainy weather and you think to yourself, that rain drops in IL2 are more beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

When you lose your job because of too much IL-2.

Just kidding that would be terrible because then I wouldn't be able to pay for electricity for IL-2 time.

When you look for the “e” key to start your cars engine. 

7 hours ago, angus26 said:

When you look for the “e” key to start your cars engine. 

Lol my car has a start button with E on it....... followed ngine Start

I played the original IL2, all the way back to around... late 2000 when the Demo came out. All the way to around 2010-11. Often every day, sometimes small pauses, but I Newer grew tired of IL2. Thousands of hours. Back in these days, I often found myself dreaming about IL2. Like I was flying, not flying in real life, but "in" the game. I always had a smile in the morning waking from these dreams.

Then for some reasons I stopped playing, and have had a few years break from simulator games. And Now, with the help of VR, I  play and live in my old IL2 dream :)

• Like 1

When you drive down the highway at high speed and your car doesn't start to overheat, and you think: reality is soooo n00bishly and arcadishly modeled.

• Upvote 1

When you finish your course and become a train driver, and instead of being excited about your awesome new job....... you're more excited about re-installing il2 !!!!

Image result for top gun scene going to top gun

• Upvote 4

The other day I pulled on the interstate, set the cruise and then checked the rear view mirror to see if I had the fuel mixture right. 

• Haha 4

Log 1000s of hours playing the Il2 series (many more if you include RB, RoF, MSFS, EAW, AoE and CFS2 and 1942:PAW), spend $40,000 on a college degree you don’t end up putting to much use. Two years after paying off your college loans and a few months before your 30th birthday, you decide to go back to school to become a professional aviator.

$100k later and many, many hours of [actual] flight time, you still refer to unidentified aircraft as bandits. 😆

Edited by Haggart85
  • Like 2

...when watching any given IL2 YouTube clip and trying to move the camera perspective with your head during some point during the video.

I did that while trying to learn a particular aircraft earlier....I looked to the side thinking the camera would pan...

Edited by CastorTroy
  • Upvote 2

I've got a good one:

When you fly from your current home in Germany to your childhood home in New Zealand for Christmas and spend the majority of your time with your dad at the kitchen table working on microcontrollers with hall sensors for the new throttle quadrant you're building. 😂

On 8/14/2018 at 12:43 PM, 19//Rekt said:

Because you are mentally deranged like the rest of us 🤣 

Seriously though, there would be so many smoking wrecks on the side of the road if my windshield cannon was real...

I can so relate to this. LOL

Large, dually dump trucks are challenging, as you a have to wait for a corner in order to get a proper solution on the driver's compartment.

Otherwise your shots more or less bounce off of the steel of the dump bed.

Once it a while you'll get lucky if you have the Mk 108, but best to wait for the driver shot.

Most sedans take a short burst and there's not much of them.

School buses I find I can just rake with .50 cal and most of them go down fairly quickly...especially the short ones.

• Haha 4

Hello, my name is D3adCZE and I am addicted to BoX. How did I notice?

While on the bus today, it was heavily snowing. The bus driver entered skidding turn and I immedeately lifted the inner leg to loosen the rudder. The bus straightened. Nobody congratulated me for such a fast reflex 😄

• Haha 7

Posted (edited)

D3adCZE:  You saved the lives !! :)))))

You are also addicted to the IL2, when you are baking the christmas gingerbreads and only thought are about which country will win this dogfight battle?

IMG_20181208_161317.jpg

Edited by 3.IAP_Vasilij
  • Haha 3

So, another symptom. My friends and I are going to a ball. We have reserved whole table. Table number 109. I imagined myself lifting on that table to shoot down the tables 40, 47 and 51!

Edited by CSAF-D3adCZE
  • Haha 3

When driving you say to your grown up daughter............... co-pilot check my six.

On a series note, when after 17 years of constant running of an assortment of railway simulators.

BoX is now the only simulator\game on the pc.

Mike.

Edited by Dogbert1953
  • Like 1

You are watching gameplay videos, and turn your head to change the view....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

When you have a migraine from looking up, down, left, right, and backwards for hours in a virtual cockpit because you know the enemy is everywhere. 

While driving a car and forgetting there is a roof when looking up. 

• Like 1

Seriously, when I drive my car on some higher engine revs, everytime I glance at the dashboard clock to mark the 15 minute limit start.

On 4/25/2019 at 7:16 PM, Diggun said:

You are watching gameplay videos, and turn your head to change the view....

I sometimes actually involuntarily move my hands and feet to "manoeuvre for a better firing position".

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2019 at 5:57 AM, Mmaruda said:

I sometimes actually involuntarily move my hands and feet to "manoeuvre for a better firing position".

what happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom. 😂

• Haha 2

On 7/22/2015 at 6:12 AM, Reflected said:

It's not a joke: I'm flying real planes, and sometimes I'm looking for the hat-switch on the stick which I use for zooming in and out in BoS... :wacko:

I want to move the mouse to check six, then I remember I need no mouse, I have a totally functional neck😂

On 8/31/2018 at 2:56 PM, GrinderX9 said:

I played the original IL2, all the way back to around... late 2000 when the Demo came out. All the way to around 2010-11. Often every day, sometimes small pauses, but I Newer grew tired of IL2. Thousands of hours. Back in these days, I often found myself dreaming about IL2. Like I was flying, not flying in real life, but "in" the game. I always had a smile in the morning waking from these dreams.

Then for some reasons I stopped playing, and have had a few years break from simulator games. And Now, with the help of VR, I  play and live in my old IL2 dream :)

hey that was actually a full of emotions story lol

When you see a pickup truck go by that has a dirty exhaust and you think "That pilot had better check his mixture before he gets spotted by the enemy!". 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

When you see a pickup truck go by that has a dirty exhaust and you think "That pilot had better check his mixture before he gets spotted by the enemy!". 

Speaking of being on the road...

I 've been teaching my daughter how to drive, and yesterday I actually caught myself saying "YOU HAVE TO CHECK YOUR SIX".

CHECK. YOUR. SIX. 😳

• Haha 1