novicebutdeadly

You know you are addicted to il2 when.......

I remember reading many funny posts in regard to this, but thought I would bring this into the il2 bos forum.

I guess you could encompass all ww2 flying games (as long as this doesn't turn into game X is better than game Y), but I would prefer if they were your own.

I'm not sure if someone has already done this........

So here we go:

You know you are addicted to il2 when:

* You reply to a friends sms with "cc", "rgr", and "omw"

* You see a police car in your rear view mirror and get annoyed that someone didn't warn you to "check 6"

* You see a "dream catcher" hanging an another cars rear view mirror, and you want to buy one because it looks like a gun sight

* You constantly scanning the sky and the environment around you for enemy's

* When skiing you are mindful of retaining energy, and doing smooth turns so as to not bleed energy

* You are on an overseas holiday but would rather be back at home playing il2, so you watch "The Battle Of Britain" repeatedly to slightly reduce the urge

* (For the single people) Your ideal woman not only knows about ww2, but also plays il2 or is eager to learn....

Edited by novicebutdeadly
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

- You wear trackir headgear so long and so often that you think turning your head 20 degrees to the side qualifies as a "good look around".

• Upvote 12

You are looking at a video or a movie of aerial action and you try to turn your head to move the view.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 13

When you are flying for real and spot other aircraft in the vicinity and start mentally factoring in your best attack approach....

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

You are looking at a video or a movie of aerial action and you try to turn your head to move the view.

+100

The worst one  is when ur watching game play on  youtube and end up breaking ur neck 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

you look at birds with deflection

• Upvote 12

you estimate how for "truck Columns" are on the highway and how soon would you open fire

You try to trim your car's wheel.

you look at an airliner 10k above you and think "SEE, i can see contacts this far!"

and a special favorite for IL-2 BOS,

You can't wait long enough for the snow to melt....

• Upvote 2

When you change a girls name in a song you hear on the radio to "My sweet Katyusha", and the song makes sense.

• Upvote 1

When you are driving on the freeway and get angry that the car next to you wont stay in formation. "That dude better get on comms" you think to yourself.

When you can no longer relax your mind and rest your eyes by lying on your back and looking into the empty sky, because your eyes try to track every bird and IFF them before they BNZ you.

When you moderate a forum and refer to posting in heated discussions yourself instead of closing the thread as "wasting height and energy advantage in favour of turn fight over the deck".

Edited by Trupobaw

Seeing a bird in the sky and just think "contact 2 o clock"

Edited by UF_Luny

When this thread was the funniest thing you'd ever seen.

• Haha 1

- When telling your wife you're off to the computer to "get a bit of stick time" doesn't even get a raised eyebrow.

• Upvote 6

When you get your nephew to paint his soap box derby car with the 109 E3 colour scheme (sans swastika of course).

• Upvote 2

When you read the war diary of Günther Josten and when he described a mission from "Iwan-See" to "Welikije Luki" in clear whether, you know exactly where everything is and think to yourself: "jupp, very nice there indeed"

• Upvote 1

When you pretend to have guns on the front of your car and doing a lag pursuit on the car in front of you during a turn. Then when the road straightens out and the car in front of you is now "in your sights" you make shooting sound effects :)

• Upvote 5

- When you've got so much nerdy gear already, that you get no more than a faint snicker from your wife, when you start using your new TrackIR and put on the funny hat for the first time.

- When your wife comes over to you, gently caresses your shoulder and says she's going to bed, asks if you care to join her, and you reply: "Sure, sleep tight. The server just switched to my favourite map. I'll be there in about 45 mins".

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

- When you really wish your compact car was a lot less spaceous, so it would feel more like a tight fighter cockpit.

• Upvote 1

you watch the coutryside from your car and think how cooler those green/yellow fields look, compared to plain snow.

you spend hours thinking about how u could bring all your flight sim gear every time you go for vacation in Hawaii...

You consider buying a Ford Falcon G6 or G6E just so that you can say that you own a G6 (109 fans will understand).

When people ask you what you are doing tonight/ on the weekend and you spend the next half an hour telling them about flying and shooting down enemy planes combined with stories of previous "life or death" dogfights....... while they look at you and wonder if they have to call the men in white coats and reserve a padded room for you.

• Upvote 1

- When your wife comes over to you, gently caresses your shoulder and says she's going to bed, asks if you care to join her, and you reply: "Sure, sleep tight. The server just switched to my favourite map. I'll be there in about 45 mins".

- When after 47 minutes you feel like you forgot something important and start checking if you retracted your landinggear, the postition of your flaps, if your navigationlights are off and if you still have enough fuel.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

You pay over a thousand bucks to have a custom license plate that says 'FW190A5'

• Upvote 7

When taking your daughter to the zoo you visit the yak enclosure and make a point of telling the zookeeper that they've got the shape all wrong.

• Haha 1

When taking your daughter to the zoo you visit the yak enclosure and make a point of telling the zookeeper that they've got the shape all wrong.

The flaps are all wrong and that is a non-historical paint scheme!

You pay over a thousand bucks to have a custom license plate that says 'FW190A5'

Seriously... Why have I never thought about this?!

• Upvote 3

When you start playing with the buttons in your car trying to practice where some functions you have assigned to joystick buttons are at your home sim enclosure :-)...

When you look at your stats and realize, that you've actually shot down more virtual Luftwaffe aircraft than the entire VVS shot down in the real war. 

(This is not true yet for BoS, but it will be)

When a friend shows you a photo that they took on a plane (during the approach) showing the wing with the leading edge flaps extended, and your first thought is "That plane must be flying slow the slats have popped out"

Edited by novicebutdeadly

When flying for real, you want to look your 6 so you try to jump the gunner position....so you imagine your plane with a gunner position haha!

• Upvote 1

It's not a joke: I'm flying real planes, and sometimes I'm looking for the hat-switch on the stick which I use for zooming in and out in BoS... :wacko:

• Upvote 4

you look at birds with deflection

Nice one raaaaid

You fill out a Statement of Financial Position and realise that you've spent too much of your life playing a computer game. 

Food for thought.  :salute: