novicebutdeadly

You know you are addicted to il2 when.......

You fall out of your PC chair while flying with VR because you really believe you have the side of the cockpit to lean on...which of course you don't...but it all seems so real! :o:

• Upvote 1

When you go see Dunkirk and when the 109 first passes the Spit while the camera is in first person, you turn your head thinking "Gotta keep track of the target" as if you have TrackIR on in the theater. 

• Upvote 6

When you go see Dunkirk and when the 109 first passes the Spit while the camera is in first person, you turn your head thinking "Gotta keep track of the target" as if you have TrackIR on in the theater. 

Is Dunkirk worth seeing?

Is Dunkirk worth seeing?

There's a whole thread about it in the Free subject subforum. I'd say yes, worth seeing, but its no masterpiece. Spoilers in that thread btw, not there are really spoilers given we all know the history.

I definitely had some TrackIR twitches during the cockpit scenes tho.

Saw it last night and yes, definitely worth a look. Aviation scenes are fairly well done. See if you can spot the problem with the burning Spitfire at the end.........

When you travel all around the world with a backpack fo 7 months.... And still check the il2 forum anytime you have internet !

S !

Edited by LAL_Trinkof
  • Upvote 1

When you spend a freakin fortune on peripherals because you enjoy the sim so much!

:wacko: 

When you go to bed going over your last dogfight in your head over and over as you see that enemy plane you just peppered roll over and come apart as it bursts into flames and tumbles toward the ground below. Sweet dreams!

• Upvote 2

You know when your are addicted to IL2 when you are reading this forum in bed when you should be sleeping.

Oh, that's me

Nite guys

~S~

• Upvote 1

Or when you are constantly checking the forum on a mobile phone even though the computer is 1500 miles away back home and won't have access to play for months :(

• Upvote 5

Happened to me yesterday: When you're buying your daughter her very first scale model plastic kit, and you can't help being a little disappointed, when she picks a trainer version of the De Havilland Vampire from a great selection of mostly WW2 aircraft.

"No, dad. I want the shiny silver one!"

Grab the Mustang or B17 ;)

The B-17 I could live with, but obviously it had to be an easy build.

A P-51 would have been only slightly less of a disappointment ;)

The fact that you managed to get a child into scale modelling aircraft in the first place is a sign of Il-2 addiction :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Haha, yep. I remember finally having the money and confidence to get a ' big box' airfix kit. Cycling home with it (b17) bouncing from the handlebars.

I never actually got around to finish the B-17 I bought back in my pre-teens. It was the Revell kit, and it was awful.

when you have a double life as experten in dreams :)

Driving on a road trip when a decent sized bug splats on the windshield - for a brief time you use it as a gun-sight on those cars passing you, practicing your deflection shooting in your head :).

You are watching a dragon rip sh*t up in the latest episode of Game of Thrones and are instantly reminded of an Il-2 full of PTABs, and find yourself wondering what sort of gunsight Daenerys uses...

• Upvote 1

You are looking at a video or a movie of aerial action and you try to turn your head to move the view.

Actually done this! Then discovered 360° videos on YT.

I usually think of my cars as aircraft. My old Karmann Ghia was a 109. Then I got a 90s Jetta that was my 190 (kind of squarish lines). Now I have an older model Ford Explorer which is my P-47. 

We used to have a VW Westfalia that I wanted to paint in a two tone green He-111 style paint job. 

Pike*HarryM' timestamp='1502118750' post='497015'] We used to have a VW Westfalia that I wanted to paint in a two tone green He-111 style paint job. 

I was about to do this with foil , I discovered that if you do not want your whole car covered in it it is not quite that expensive, but it is my job car a Fiat Scudo van, it did cost to much for this car. Got a MB 200 E wonder if I could make that to a 110, not quite a fighter, but not as slow  as a Bomber  :huh:

Your interests and activities involve BOS when you cant play.. IE Forums, Documentaries, Youtube

• Upvote 1

Super topic.... laughing by all posts...

- when your most used word became "Sturmovik"

- when U spent your 3 wages to buy a new PC, new GPU, Pedals, and VR headset

- when your most beautiful imagination about how to spend the weekend is in the cockpit of iL-2 game.

- when U played il-2 first version for the years and thought, OK now I am adult and I should do different things, and when il-2 BOS came You are again inside and playing every evening :))

- when U are screaming "OMG this is sooo real" each time your plane is damaged and broken. It doesnt mind that you were just shot down, but the effects are so cool!

- when your 5yo nephew was all the time addicted to the tractors. But once U were showing him the il-2, from that time he is running on the garden with hands up shouting "I am a plane" and trying to bomb the chickens, or shooting on the trees with tatatata sound.

- when iL-2 is the only one game which remains installed on your pc.

- when You want to start the game and play again despite that on the last map you  were killed so many times.... telling to yourself "this time I will get You!"

See you, pilots...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

+ this one:

- when U open the canopy during the flight just to breath new fresh air, and you really feel better, despite that in the headset is still the same hot and sweat, but for that moment it might to seem the real wind is coming into your face, and you think to yourself... this is just cool.

- when you play till 2 o clock morning even though U must be in the work at 6, so it means you will have just 3 hours to sleep. And in the work you will answer to the colleagues, that yes, I was on the party and drink too much, instead of explaining that You were just playing the PC game - they wouldnt undestand it anyway ....

• Upvote 5

When you are forced to stop your car (broken tire, etc) and you wonder if you'll make it to 'force land' in allied ground.

Edited by Sergi0

When your on an expensive vacation with your family (as in two 1080ti expensive). Look up at a beautiful sunset cloud cover, and wish you were home so you could soar through one just like it.

• Upvote 2

Your interests and activities involve tBOS when you cant play.. IE Forums, Documentaries, Youtube

Me too...loooool

When your on an expensive vacation with your family (as in two 1080ti expensive). Look up at a beautiful sunset cloud cover, and wish you were home so you could soar through one just like it.

Definitely with you on this one.

Minus the whole "vacation" part.  

I never actually got around to finish the B-17 I bought back in my pre-teens. It was the Revell kit, and it was awful.

1/48 ? I have that kit, built it once OOB now this one I have the photo-etch and resin kits for super detail and yes its an awful kit! I may start it someday.

You know your addicted to IL2 when you keep checking the "You know your addicted to IL2 thread" ! 

When you feel like something is missing from your life.......,

after thinking for a while you remember your GF is on holidays without you.... but yet that isn't it,

after thinking for a little longer you remember the you haven't played il2 in a couple weeks ;-)

Edited by novicebutdeadly

When you put off watching the newest episode of Game Of Thrones on Sunday night and instead do another round on your favourite MP server.

When the ' exit full screen' icon on youtube just looks like a German cross.

Hahahah YES! Guilty as charged.

When you drink a horrible beer just because it has that cool red star on the label.

1_0028Kopie.jpg4a444ab9-d14b-4b2e-b99a-6

Edited by Finkeren
  • Haha 1

Guest deleted@30725

When you spend $400 to upgrade your PC and the only game you play is il2!

I tried to "zoom" in the other day to a window I couldn't quite see clearly.

doh!