novicebutdeadly

You know you are addicted to il2 when.......

When your wife asks why you always walk just behind and to one side of her and keep looking behind. Yes I do this without thinking

What's wrong with Heineken? It's better than the piss water people try to pass off as beer here in America. I always go for a European lager. If they don't have Hoffbrau or Spaten in the import section I usually fall back on Heineken or Stella. Unfortunately I have yet to find a store here that has Tyskie or Carlsberg.

• Upvote 1

Odd...

I never associated Heineken with the Soviets. For me it has always been an Axis beer:

Well, for people with that inclination, there is always my own country's favorite brand of horse piss. You just have to dig out some really old bottles (Carlsberg dumped the swastika as their universal logo in 1939)

carlsberg_mork_skattefri.gif

• Upvote 1

Well it may be a sore point that the people who lived there did not want to be associated with the Soviets but Czech beer is very good.   Budvar is an ancestor of Budweiser but 10 times better.  You can also get Pilsner-Urquell & Staropramen outside of the Czech Republic.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

Poor americans who have such terrible beer at home they think Heineken is actually any good lol.

You know you are addicted to il2 when.......

You build a button box and order a CH yoke just to fly the bombers.

• Upvote 1

when you tell a ww2 vet that you flew in the doolittle mission and then follow up with engine management of the F6F versus the F4U

What's wrong with Heineken? It's better than the piss water people try to pass off as beer here in America. I always go for a European lager. If they don't have Hoffbrau or Spaten in the import section I usually fall back on Heineken or Stella. Unfortunately I have yet to find a store here that has Tyskie or Carlsberg.

Well Heineken and Carlsberg taste as hot piss as my friend said (how he know how hot piss taste I didn't ask but he know beers better than me), but any way I agree with him and would not buy them, especially where there is much better and regional piss siting right next to them:)

heineken2-500x284.jpg

Used to be loads of funny beer adverts in the UK. I think changes to advertising law have pretty much ruined them all now.

Edited by =11=herne

You are addicted to Il-2 when..... you pick the Il-2 forum to discuss beer :P

....... you teach your children deflection shooting with a water pistol.

...... you refer to merging on the highway as "saddling up on that fat lorry's 6"

..... your woman knows what those terms mean even tho she cant be arsed to tell a messer from a spit.

There are close to 3,000 breweries in the states. About 100 in my state alone. I never have to drink the same beer twice if I don't want.

Your wife cries out something unintelligible in bed as she climaxes, and it sounds to you like 'за Родину!!!'

(True story)

Ahahahahahahahahhahaha!!!! URAAAAA!!!!! ahahahahahahaha

When no anount of tugging backwards on your gear-stick/shift makes the damn car take off!

• Upvote 2

1. When you instantly can tell a 109 from a 190 or spitfire or IL2, etc when a WW2 docu gets it completely wrong, hoping you wouldn`t know the difference.

2. When someone tells you the Russians had no decent aircraft in WW2 and you jump to correct them.

3. When the term `IL2` holds no mystery at all and realise that everyone else in your circles in the real world doesn`t have a clue what an IL2 is.

4. When saying, "5 oclock!" to a friend on seeing someone and they don`t understand what you`re talking about and you have to bloody explain it. I was even in a co op with a friend playing a non-sim game and he couldn`t get what I meant by that.

5. Getting excited about WW2 aircraft, especially on the Eastern Front and watching people`s eyes glaze over.

6. Explaining how WW2 aircraft ( and aircraft) generaly fly and watching people`s eyes glaze over.

7. Checking the sky at the slightest sound of a WW2 type engine.

Amazing. I've had the same observations nearly word for word.

I'd like to add that I have a hard time not getting irritated at inaccuracies in aircraft and their equipment in WW2 themed films or documentaries, especially now with CGI they can get it right if they care to. The History Channel irks me to no end. It's quite a test of my patience and tactfulness when I hear those get facts wrong because their entire frame of reference is bad documentaries. It's everything I can do not to come across as a condescending know-it-all...often I fail :biggrin:

When you're driving home in high wind at 80mph and leaves blow straight at your windscreen/shield and you momentarily check for fragments of enemy engine parts ...

(This pretty much happened to me tonight, it was exactly like the debris flying off an enemy aircraft post-hit.)

When you are driving along and see an aircraft coming directly towards you on a reciprocal heading but a lot higher and you momentarily panic. True.

When you pull out behind a passing car and your finger reaches for the trigger -True.

When someone tells you where they have just been in Europe and you sometimes say 'I have bombed that town.'. True but only with wife.

When you often answer texts asking when you are coming with 'OMW' -True.

When you always give relative bearings as clock positions - True.

• Upvote 1

When you're riding your sportbike through some curves and imagining you're doing some manoeuvres in your 109 - Then thinking hang on, I'm riding a Kawasaki Ninja, since when does this not feel cool enough?!

Also when you are itching to get home from work so you can carry on reprogramming your whole control setup because you bought a new throttle quadrant. (Just bought a HOTAS Warthog throttle and have spent the whole week programming it, including sketching and planning the button layout at work.)

When you want Olive drab, polished aluminum, and various other WWII camos for your ships in Elite: Dangerous. 

Also relating to Elite Dangerous: I added Russian bias
rMFwQuo.jpg

Edited by =VOE=PangolinWranglin
  • Upvote 5

When you are driving along a ridge line in the Ozarks with the ground falling away on both sides, so as you look around all you see is clear blue sky and clouds. Then you swing your head around fast to check your 6. :huh: 

When Fridays just aren't great from it being the end of the work week and start of the weekend, but it means it's dev update friday :) It's sad how much I look forward to all our favorite sims giving us updates usually on Fridays.

When you're not sure which to be more excited about, the il2 announcements or the new job you are starting :-) :-) :-)

I got promoted this week and I'm still more excited about Bodenplatte, Tank Crew, and Flying Circus.

• Upvote 2

When you should have gone to bed 30 minutes ago, but check the IL2 Forum both hear and on steam before you go to bed . . . NN folks ;)

• Upvote 1

I got promoted this week and I'm still more excited about Bodenplatte, Tank Crew, and Flying Circus.

Nice!!!

I'm going from car mechanic, to trainee train driver :-)

When you are flying for real and spot other aircraft in the vicinity and start mentally factoring in your best attack approach....

Yes and for sure :)

Flying with my friend  chasing him ,I cant help thinking what would have been like to be in a fighter.

• Upvote 5

I just had a nice situation where I realised I am deformed by WW2 aviation and might have problem with IL2:
I am sitting in my job, happily updating the operating system, and the RAF WW2 siren starts screaming like the germans are comming. So I jump from my chair, sprint infront of the building, start searching for my Spitfire so I can get to the air as fast as possible and defend freedom and democracy. While outside, I find out that there are no Spitfires, nor airfield, airplanes are only in simulator I am currently working on and all this mess was because of some garbage from printer's used toner, which my boss tried to vacuum with vacuum that sounded like WW2 RAF siren. Man, I was so thrilled, and then let down.

I just had a nice situation where I realised I am deformed by WW2 aviation and might have problem with IL2:

I am sitting in my job, happily updating the operating system, and the RAF WW2 siren starts screaming like the germans are comming. So I jump from my chair, sprint infront of the building, start searching for my Spitfire so I can get to the air as fast as possible and defend freedom and democracy. While outside, I find out that there are no Spitfires, nor airfield, airplanes are only in simulator I am currently working on and all this mess was because of some garbage from printer's used toner, which my boss tried to vacuum with vacuum that sounded like WW2 RAF siren. Man, I was so thrilled, and then let down.

Lol awesome...

Soon there will be holodecks. .... soon there will be holodecks... soon there will be....

We were all born in the wrong era..